ImageImageImageImageImage

is it time to put respect on Kanters name?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,931

Re: is it time to put respect on Kanters name? 

Post#81 » by Jeffrey » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:18 am

YouthMovement wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Why people crap on Kanter, I don't get. Who are you guys looking to replace him?! Always looking to replace someone.

If you haven't notice, KP did well with Robin Lopez who was a bruiser in the box. Noah was non-existent last year and you could see that KP needed help. Now we have Kanter and is there a coincidence that KP is doing well?

lmao we're 5-4, i guess we should just stop looking to improve?

wait until we lose a couple games, everybody will get back to kanter being a black hole and getting abused on d

And who are we looking to get to improve this team?

All I hear is a bunch of noise coming out of people's mouth. "he sucks, he's trash"... who are we looking at to reasonably fill that void that Kanter has given us over the last 9 games?
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#82 » by Bill Pidto » Tue Nov 7, 2017 10:40 am

Jeffrey wrote:
YouthMovement wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Why people crap on Kanter, I don't get. Who are you guys looking to replace him?! Always looking to replace someone.

If you haven't notice, KP did well with Robin Lopez who was a bruiser in the box. Noah was non-existent last year and you could see that KP needed help. Now we have Kanter and is there a coincidence that KP is doing well?

lmao we're 5-4, i guess we should just stop looking to improve?

wait until we lose a couple games, everybody will get back to kanter being a black hole and getting abused on d

And who are we looking to get to improve this team?

All I hear is a bunch of noise coming out of people's mouth. "he sucks, he's trash"... who are we looking at to reasonably fill that void that Kanter has given us over the last 9 games?

They don't have any real answers. Bitching is their way of life.

Kinda weird to me that Kanter is getting so much hate. I mean, I guess it's not weird. These are Knicks fans. But like... hello. When I watch this guy play, I see a great scorer, an even better rebounder, and one hell of a teammate. He plays as hard as anyone on the team, and he shares the ball very willingly. I'm not sure where the black hole thing is coming from.

Even defensively, I've been impressed considering his reputation there coming in. I see the strong effort, and that's what matters most right now early in the season. I see the results of the staff coaching him to be a better defender. Color me impressed.

Sh*t, if he was great on D, he'd be an all-star, so maybe people should tone down all the smack talk before he continues to round out his game and becomes another thing a whole slew of fans here were horribly wrong about.

How many Ls does this board have to take this season??? Me? I'm catching Ws. Actually, I'm 5-4 right now.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#83 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:21 pm

Let's look at it from opposing teams' perspective:

1. Highest paid player on the Knicks at $17.8M per season with one more season to go.

2. Limited gifts and SLOW.

3. Doesn't pass much...at...all.

4. Good interior D but big men don't go inside anymore.

5. Sloooow picking up his man.

At BEST, he's worth a mid-round second round pick.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#84 » by dakomish23 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:34 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Let's look at it from opposing teams' perspective:

1. Highest paid player on the Knicks at $17.8M per season with one more season to go.

He's gotten better on D & passes the rock more the last two games. There was no place to but up :lol:, but still, he's looked better IMO.

On his value, you're right. Maybe a contending team with zero depth at C might make a run at him, but it's unlikely we get more than a 2nd and an expiring.

Everyone's value, except the guys on rookie deals and KOQ, is skewed because of how well KP is playing. These guys all look great because all they have to do is fill in the gaps around Thorzingis.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#85 » by NYKAL » Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:08 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Let's look at it from opposing teams' perspective:

ok, I'll counter with what I think is a More accurate opposing team perspective.

1. Opposing teams dong give a crap about what someone is making so that was just DUMB

2. You call hims slow but, I'm not seeing opposing bigs leaving him behind, he's no Lopez out there. As for his limited gifts, its NOT about the amount of gifts as much as it is about HOW those gifts are used. Dude plays to his strengths, rebounding and post scoring and his screens are perfect

3 He's actually gotten better there but, he's often passed the ball with intent. Often they will see a miss match and thats when he'll get it. .

4. idiotic as well or, maybe you should expand on the thought to make it sensible. So Kat doesn't go inside, Embid doesn't go inside, Aldridge doesn't go inside?

5. Only someone who isn't watching would not acknowledge that he hasn't been the nightmare on the defensive end we feared. Timmy is the one who's suffering on that end.

At best, he's 25, makes KP's life easier and does something well that we need. REBOUNDING. his work on the offensive boards has been a thing of beauty.

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#86 » by Billy Goat » Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:20 pm

Nitpicking Kanter while he's been an efficiency and rebounding machine through 9 games is absolutely comical :lol:
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#87 » by NYKAL » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:59 pm

Billy Goat wrote:Nitpicking Kanter while he's been an efficiency and rebounding machine through 9 games is absolutely comical :lol:

yeah, IF he was playing awful I would understand it but, dude just pulled 20 rebounds.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,588

Post#88 » by evevale » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:01 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Kanter WANTS to be a Knick.

I want guys with Knick pride. Him and KOQ have got that.

I think Kanter is evolving because he wants this. I feel his desire. It's not sexual yet, but give it time

Yes, this.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#89 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:17 pm

He doesnt fit my basketball vision and wouldnt want him on my team but cant deny the beast is beasting producing like one of the best big men in the league and top 30 player enjoying the new found freedom free of Westbrook

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#90 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:21 pm

El Poochio wrote:He doesnt fit my basketball vision and wouldnt want him on my team but cant deny the beast is beasting producing like one of the best big men in the league and top 30 player enjoying the new found freedom free of Westbrook

Yeah, the way you put it is fair. What I don't understand is how it is not possible for some who don't want him long term to at least give him some credit for his play so far. I don't get it, but he's the new whipping boy I guess.
ImageImageImage
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#91 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:23 pm

I did not want Kanter when we traded Melo. His defense has been better than expected. His passing has been better than expected. He is a much better player overall than I realized and fits well in our system. I still don't think he is a long-term fit for our team. I'm hoping Willy gets a fire lit under his butt and starts to defend better. I like his passing game for our team, but until he is distinctly better than Kanter on the defensive end, he should continue to sit.
El Poochio

Post#92 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:He doesnt fit my basketball vision and wouldnt want him on my team but cant deny the beast is beasting producing like one of the best big men in the league and top 30 player enjoying the new found freedom free of Westbrook

Yeah, the way you put it is fair. What I don't understand is how it is not possible for some who don't want him long term to at least give him some credit for his play so far. I don't get it, but he's the new whipping boy I guess.

I check the game threads while watching the game and sometimes, started to become more frequent, feel like I am not in New York Knicks fan forum but some player agents forum, where everyone have players they represent, maybe its true though this is not a fan forum but agents' gathering under Knicks topic in a site called RealGM I dont know

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#93 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:51 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I check the game threads while watching the game and sometimes, started to become more frequent, feel like I am not in New York Knicks fan forum but some player agents forum, where everyone have players they represent, maybe its true though this is not a fan forum but agents' gathering under Knicks topic in a site called RealGM I dont know

there needs to be a penalty for saying "__________ is trash" after a player's first bad play of the game.

I propose something sinister like replacing the nutmeg in the offender's egg nog with tobacco snuff
ImageImageImage
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,326

Post#94 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:53 pm

all tree o yall
im bout dat action boss
El Poochio

Post#95 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:03 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

there needs to be a penalty for saying "__________ is trash" after a player's first bad play of the game.

I propose something sinister like replacing the nutmeg in the offender's egg nog with tobacco snuff

__________ has a nice wingspan despite the empty stats

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#96 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:59 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

When Pooch ___________ I ________ on _______
ImageImageImage
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#97 » by NYKAL » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:28 pm

look at the numbers Sabonis and Olidipo (i know i butchered the spelling) have been putting up on new teams. Westbrooks triple doubles looked nice but, it was awful team basketball.
El Poochio

Post#98 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:30 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

When Pooch ___________ I ________ on _______

.... . ._.. ._.. ___ .__ ___ ._. ._.. _..

El Poochio

Post#99 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:31 pm

NYKAL wrote:

look at the numbers Sabonis and Olidipo (i know i butchered the spelling) have been putting up on new teams. Westbrooks triple doubles looked nice but, it was awful team basketball.

Indeed full throttle Chaos Basketball

NYKAL
General Manager

Post#100 » by NYKAL » Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:31 pm

what IS up with the love affair for WH. Kanters is superior is almost every facet of the game and is ONLY 2years older. Why guys want Knater gone but see Willy as a part of the future is beyond me. If anything flip this crap and keep the guy that makes the game easier for KP. Having your buddy on the bench isn't improving the team and he looked like fried piss when he did play

Return to New York Knicks