ImageImageImageImageImage

Before you get too hyped about our success....

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Re: Before you get too hyped about our success.... 

Post#81 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:42 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:Get hyped. Go crazy. Lose your ****. Dream of knocking the Cavs off in the first round.

It's called being a fan.

We have zero stakes in this game played by millionaires and owned by billionaires.

So if you lose your shyt having fun with the team's progress, then go nuts. I know I am.

no. the right thing to do is not only to root for losses, but also to argue over why the team isn't throwing plays on an individual basis! don't they know being bad at basketball is good for them?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#82 » by King of Canada » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:Get hyped. Go crazy. Lose your ****. Dream of knocking the Cavs off in the first round.

It's called being a fan.

We have zero stakes in this game played by millionaires and owned by billionaires.

So if you lose your shyt having fun with the team's progress, then go nuts. I know I am.

no. the right thing to do is not only to root for losses, but also to argue over why the team isn't throwing plays on an individual basis! don't they know being bad at basketball is good for them?

I don't root for losses because we have no power whatsoever over what the team does. When they play good ball and show some fight it's good for all of the guys that are going to stick. I want a high draft pick too, but I won't be upset if we miss out on one either. At least we have a guy that's on track to be a top tier player. Winning will just keep him growing.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#83 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

It's called being a fan.

I don't root for losses because we have no power whatsoever over what the team does. When they play good ball and show some fight it's good for all of the guys that are going to stick. I want a high draft pick too, but I won't be upset if we miss out on one either. At least we have a guy that's on track to be a top tier player. Winning will just keep him growing.

here's your "que sera sera" medal, king.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#84 » by King of Canada » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

here's your "que sera sera" medal, king.

I do wish that we had been able to move Melo 2 years ago though and tanked hard at that point. I just think it's too late now.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#85 » by DrKnick » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Blame on Jimmy Boy for keeping Melo around once NYK drafted Porzingis.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#86 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

There is no real point in tanking badly. It's as much of a crapshoot as anything else except you teach your players to be losers. The Knicks have put together a unit that can grow and compete. It's holes can be filled with experience, better cap management and buttressed with draft picks but it doesn't require five losing seasons. We sucked not moving Melo anyway so it was all a wash.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to New York Knicks