ImageImage

PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#301 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If someone is going to the bench I'd prefer it be Middleton. Let him control the ball the way he likes with Brogdon in the 2nd unit.

I dunno man, it would crush his confidence big time.Khris at least is quite good on D and draws some attention.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#302 » by ackypoo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If someone is going to the bench I'd prefer it be Middleton. Let him control the ball the way he likes with Brogdon in the 2nd unit.

henson should go to the bench.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#303 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm

ackypoo wrote:

As long as he's playing well in February, keep him in there.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#304 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ackypoo wrote:

As long as he's playing well in February, keep him in there.

I dont think anyone will bite but i would gladly sacrifice a leg or two to get rid of the flatass.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#305 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Bucks tied for 6th in RPI: https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

Up to 14th in SRS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2018.html

They've played a top 3-5 hardest schedule according to ESPN/BR through the first 1/6th of the season. Detroit will be a big game though. Drummond is playing unreal, Harris/Bradley is a pretty solid offensive duo.

SRS and RPI doesn't say the whole truth of how difficult our schedule has been so far because when we faced the Cavs(twice) and OKC, 2 contender teams based on talent, they had a terrible record and it probably hurt our RPI and SRS numbers.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#306 » by buckboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Bucks tied for 6th in RPI: https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

Up to 14th in SRS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2018.html

They've played a top 3-5 hardest schedule according to ESPN/BR through the first 1/6th of the season. Detroit will be a big game though. Drummond is playing unreal, Harris/Bradley is a pretty solid offensive duo.

Would love to see what SVG would do with our personnel. Because it's a hell of a lot better than what he's got now.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#307 » by Profound23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Sat in section 222. There was a HUGE crowd of Bucks fans there going crazy. Is that every game?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#308 » by Ayt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:13 pm

brettski wrote:Watched the entire game. My view on Midds was that his 3s came in the flow of the offense from passes with his feet set. Where as his 2 of 8 on 2s was largely him going ISO plays calling his own number.

He needs to cut that out and just play in the offense as the third option (4th when Bari is back) and then the hating will stop.

I'll be happy with Midds when he starts playing defense again.

Look at this play for example. Can't tell if Khris Middleton or Michael Redd.

https://youtu.be/Rw52AmD74VM?t=9
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#309 » by Nowak008 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Thon has lowered our expectations so much that we celebrate a high-energy 6/6 where he still managed a minus 6.

I don't know. Maybe he's the type of guy whose impact can't be/won't be measured by numbers. But that's not the guy we were sold.

Don't worry, Jabari will be our backup small ball center like Julius Randle, once he comes back. That is if Kidd knows what he's doing.

Randle is a much much better rebounder and shot blocker. He can actually control the glass when he is in there.

With that said... I can see some benefit with Jabari at the 5. He is so so bad off the ball.. we won't have to worry about him chasing guys around screens or denying cuts. Plus he has enough meat on him to body up against centers. It isn't the worst idea in the world.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#310 » by jute2003 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:09 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I don't see why this PG needs to be yet another Jabari discussion.

I see why but you said he doesn't do that so maybe I'm mistaken.
only a fan, only an opinion
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#311 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm

jute2003 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:I don't see why this PG needs to be yet another Jabari discussion.

I assume you're getting at that I defend CHL at times. I don't think I ever said that he doesn't bash Jabari or that he doesn't bring it up too much. All I've said is that he doesn't personally attack posters and isn't rude to people. he sticks to basketball arguments and points for the most part, whereas the people coming at him get personal and attack him. And yet, here were you attacking him/me essentially. he made a basketball comment, someone attacked him personally, he responded basektbally. He let it die, you attack again.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#312 » by jute2003 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

I assume you're getting at that I defend CHL at times. I don't think I ever said that he doesn't bash Jabari or that he doesn't bring it up too much. All I've said is that he doesn't personally attack posters and isn't rude to people. he sticks to basketball arguments and points for the most part, whereas the people coming at him get personal and attack him. And yet, here were you attacking him/me essentially. he made a basketball comment, someone attacked him personally, he responded basektbally. He let it die, you attack again.

Uhfda, you're almost like fotis with thon or magic when someone says Giannis didn't parallel park properly.
only a fan, only an opinion
DingleJerry
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#313 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

jute2003 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
jute2003 wrote:I see why but you said he doesn't do that so maybe I'm mistaken.

Uhfda, you're almost like fotis with thon or magic when someone says Giannis didn't parallel park properly.

Thanks for your solid contribution to a basketball discussion.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#314 » by Chapter29 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Beorn wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:illusional is delusional!

Till today I thought he was Jason Kidd, so that's quite an improvement

LOL....sad but funny.
Giannis
is
UponUs
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#315 » by machu46 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Where does Henson’s lefty hook rank among the best post moves in the league? I’m only half kidding; it seems like that shot is basically automatic for him and it’s so weird lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#316 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

machu46 wrote:Where does Henson’s lefty hook rank among the best post moves in the league? I’m only half kidding; it seems like that shot is basically automatic for him and it’s so weird lol

I was at the preseason game in MAdison last year sitting right behind the Wolves bench right behind KG. Henson pulled off the lefty hook and KG started barking at the guys on the floor about how they could fall for it, it's his only move etc. henson ran by laughing doing the Shush finger over his mouth to KG and yelled to KG that it's all he has.
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#317 » by JHSFIVE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
chonestown wrote:Aqua Dagger is not scared of the shogun, but the shogun is scared of him.

I remember my first listen of Liquid Swords..

..no I actually do. It changed my life. Best hip-hop album ever put out.

a few all time singles on there but as far as album, I'd argue Mobb Deep, The Infamous.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#318 » by emunney » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 pm

machu46 wrote:Where does Henson’s lefty hook rank among the best post moves in the league? I’m only half kidding; it seems like that shot is basically automatic for him and it’s so weird lol

It's a pretty unusual shot. He can even get it off facing the basket and it's functionally a floater. It's been solid in the past but it's really been money this year. Shooting over 60% on hooks.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#319 » by averageposter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm at a pretty uncharted point in Bucks fandom. I have virtually no problem with the way anybody being assigned their current role, and confidence in pretty much everybody to do the job being asked of them.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#320 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

No, don't let him control the ball the way he likes. It's not productive. We started call him Khobe and similar nicknames because of just that...and he's obviously no where near as good.

He should play the 3&D roll in the starting lineup. If he can't adapt and wants to control the ball, then it's time to ship him out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks