ImageImageImageImageImage

Enes Kanter implements no friends, no daps, no smiles rules.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Enes Kanter implements no friends, no daps, no smiles rules. 

Post#1 » by 2010 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Knicks center Enes Kanter was at it again Tuesday, swatting with gusto another bold proclamation from LeBron James.

One day after leading the Cavaliers to a stirring fourth-quarter comeback, James posted a photo of himself on the Garden floor on Instagram delcaring himself “King of New York” with the caption “You’re welcome .. (crown emoji in place of king) of NY #myfavoriteplayground #striveforgreatness.”

“We’ve already got a king,’’ Kanter said following practice Tuesday. “It’s KP. So sorry about that. We’ve already got a king. It’s Kristaps Porzingis. Sorry about that.”

In a span of two days, Kanter has been the stout defender of the “French-ise’’ and “The Franchise.’’ While Porzingis is the face of the Knicks, Kanter is becoming the heart. He was the first one to promote Porzingis as a legitimate MVP candidate two weeks ago.

Kanter got in James’s face on the court Monday after James got in Ntilikina’s way. Afterward, Kanter mocked his longstanding “King’’ moniker, referring to him as “queen” and “princess.’’

Kanter said he and James never had an on-court tiff before, even playing friendly scrimmage games at Carmelo Anthony’s gymnasium in Manhattan this summer. But Kanter is instilling into the Knicks the philosophy all opponents are the enemy – which he learned from Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City.

“I actually was cool with him,’’ Kanter said of James. “Outside of basketball, I’ve got no problems. But I’ve been telling all my teammates, whenever we step on that court, there is no friends, don’t shake nobody’s hand because they’re not going to feel bad for us. Every night it’s a war. Don’t be friendly, Don’t shake nobody’s hand, don’t smile at nobody because those guys are your enemy. Those guys are not your friends. So I just keep talking to my teammates. We’ve got to bring that dirtiness in us.’’

As the season progresses, Kanter, who scored 20 points and 16 rebounds against the Cavaliers, said he will continue to preach standing up for teammates. Just as Westbrook taught him. On his return to Oklahoma City on opening night last month, Westbrook wouldn’t shake Kanter’s hand.

“I remember I was in OKC and I was saying hi to a couple of my (ex)-teammates and I was getting yelled at, cussed at by Russell,’’ Kanter said. “Because he’s got the same mentality. Whenever you step on that court, you try to kill them. We’ve got to bring the same thing here. We’ve got no friends. We cannot smile.’’

The loss Monday turned into a bonding experience with the Ntilikina-James-Kanter triangle altercation but it wasn’t Porzingis’ best night. Porzingis scored just 20 points, getting into foul trouble and hitting 7 of 20 from the field. James got the Porzingis assignment in the second half and played a physical game that stopped him from the usual domination. It was only the fourth time in his 12 games he didn’t reach 30 or more points.

“He wasn’t afraid of any challenge by LeBron,’’ Hornacek said. “He tried to take it at him. He’s 22. LeBron is 32 and NBA champion. I love KP is taking that challenge.’’

While the club studied film Tuesday of the collapse, Hornacek liked the notion the Knicks mounted a 23-point lead on a night Porzingis struggled.

“KP may not have had a great game offensively but we were still right there and had a great chance to win,’’ Hornacek said. “That’s a great sign for our team. KP can have an off game and other guys stepped up and still gave us a chance.’’

For the first time, Porzingis wore a bulky elbow sleeve to protect himself as he battles bursitis that could need summer surgery. After the loss, the 7-foot-3 Latvian admitted it didn’t help him on his couple of tumbles, so he may just ditch it.

“It’s between him and the trainers,’’ Hornacek said. “It’s uncomfortable when you put on a sleeve for a while. If he feels it effects the extension on your shot, I can understand why (he doesn’t wear it again). I would do the same thing. Get that thing off me.”

http://nypost.com/2017/11/14/enes-kanter-lebron-feud-rolls-on-with-king-dispute/

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Re: Enes Kanter implements no friends, no daps, no smiles rules. 

Post#2 » by Fury » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Thank Gawd we finally have this mindset

I was sick of Melo being friends with everyone and letting the rest of the team know that it was okay to be a cuck. No more
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#3 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Kanter really doesn't wanna get traded lol.

Cool cat, great teammate
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#4 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Kanter Da Gawd

We know who would have been dapping LeBron after last night's game and laughing with him as they walking off the court.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#5 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Do NOT banter with Kanter
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#6 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 pm

But I’ve been telling all my teammates, whenever we step on that court, there is no friends, don’t shake nobody’s hand because they’re not going to feel bad for us. Every night it’s a war. Don’t be friendly, Don’t shake nobody’s hand, don’t smile at nobody because those guys are your enemy. Those guys are not your friends. So I just keep talking to my teammates. We’ve got to bring that dirtiness in us.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#7 » by Knickerbock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm

"Every night it’s a war. Don’t be friendly, Don’t shake nobody’s hand, don’t smile at nobody because those guys are your enemy. Those guys are not your friends. So I just keep talking to my teammates. We’ve got to bring that dirtiness in us."

This is a New York mentality ^ :box:
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#8 » by Knick4Real » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm

I don't understand why some posters are down on Kanter because I love this guy. He was the first one Monday night to defend Frank and the team. He plays hard, has heart, and personifies the old school KNICKS, which is a missing trait we haven't seen in years. Plus, you can just tell he's proud to wear the name on his chest.

For me, Kanter is a keeper!! :love: :love: :love:

RealGM

Post#9 » by 2010 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Lebiotch called himself "King of New York"

Yo, I hate that dude!

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,049

Post#10 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Whatever happens with this team. I love what Kanter brings to the table. We need a guy that can do the dirty work and score or defend. He scores and tries to defend. I love it. He hustles and he's tough. He backs it up. Should have put JaBroni on his ass last night.
:beer: RIP mags
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#11 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm

Knickerbock
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Knickerbock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:54 pm

2010 wrote:Lebiotch called himself "King of New York"

Yo, I hate that dude!

Self proclaimed king....Nobody even gave him the name king James.. He gave it to himself..

LeBron is an undisputed king In one aspect tho... The King of Absolute Bitchassness :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#13 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Image

Knickerbock
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Knickerbock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Whatever happens with this team. I love what Kanter brings to the table. We need a guy that can do the dirty work and score or defend. He scores and tries to defend. I love it. He hustles and he's tough. He backs it up. Should have put JaBroni on his ass last night.

He can do the dirty work... Yes..

Too bad Kanter can't play defense :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#15 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm

2010 wrote:
Knicks center Enes Kanter was at it again Tuesday, swatting with gusto another bold proclamation from LeBron James.

One day after leading the Cavaliers to a stirring fourth-quarter comeback, James posted a photo of himself on the Garden floor on Instagram delcaring himself “King of New York” with the caption “You’re welcome .. (crown emoji in place of king) of NY #myfavoriteplayground #striveforgreatness.”

“We’ve already got a king,’’ Kanter said following practice Tuesday. “It’s KP. So sorry about that. We’ve already got a king. It’s Kristaps Porzingis. Sorry about that.”

In a span of two days, Kanter has been the stout defender of the “French-ise’’ and “The Franchise.’’ While Porzingis is the face of the Knicks, Kanter is becoming the heart. He was the first one to promote Porzingis as a legitimate MVP candidate two weeks ago.

Kanter got in James’s face on the court Monday after James got in Ntilikina’s way. Afterward, Kanter mocked his longstanding “King’’ moniker, referring to him as “queen” and “princess.’’

Kanter said he and James never had an on-court tiff before, even playing friendly scrimmage games at Carmelo Anthony’s gymnasium in Manhattan this summer. But Kanter is instilling into the Knicks the philosophy all opponents are the enemy – which he learned from Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City.

“I actually was cool with him,’’ Kanter said of James. “Outside of basketball, I’ve got no problems. But I’ve been telling all my teammates, whenever we step on that court, there is no friends, don’t shake nobody’s hand because they’re not going to feel bad for us. Every night it’s a war. Don’t be friendly, Don’t shake nobody’s hand, don’t smile at nobody because those guys are your enemy. Those guys are not your friends. So I just keep talking to my teammates. We’ve got to bring that dirtiness in us.’’

As the season progresses, Kanter, who scored 20 points and 16 rebounds against the Cavaliers, said he will continue to preach standing up for teammates. Just as Westbrook taught him. On his return to Oklahoma City on opening night last month, Westbrook wouldn’t shake Kanter’s hand.

“I remember I was in OKC and I was saying hi to a couple of my (ex)-teammates and I was getting yelled at, cussed at by Russell,’’ Kanter said. “Because he’s got the same mentality. Whenever you step on that court, you try to kill them. We’ve got to bring the same thing here. We’ve got no friends. We cannot smile.’’

The loss Monday turned into a bonding experience with the Ntilikina-James-Kanter triangle altercation but it wasn’t Porzingis’ best night. Porzingis scored just 20 points, getting into foul trouble and hitting 7 of 20 from the field. James got the Porzingis assignment in the second half and played a physical game that stopped him from the usual domination. It was only the fourth time in his 12 games he didn’t reach 30 or more points.

“He wasn’t afraid of any challenge by LeBron,’’ Hornacek said. “He tried to take it at him. He’s 22. LeBron is 32 and NBA champion. I love KP is taking that challenge.’’

While the club studied film Tuesday of the collapse, Hornacek liked the notion the Knicks mounted a 23-point lead on a night Porzingis struggled.

“KP may not have had a great game offensively but we were still right there and had a great chance to win,’’ Hornacek said. “That’s a great sign for our team. KP can have an off game and other guys stepped up and still gave us a chance.’’

For the first time, Porzingis wore a bulky elbow sleeve to protect himself as he battles bursitis that could need summer surgery. After the loss, the 7-foot-3 Latvian admitted it didn’t help him on his couple of tumbles, so he may just ditch it.

“It’s between him and the trainers,’’ Hornacek said. “It’s uncomfortable when you put on a sleeve for a while. If he feels it effects the extension on your shot, I can understand why (he doesn’t wear it again). I would do the same thing. Get that thing off me.”

http://nypost.com/2017/11/14/enes-kanter-lebron-feud-rolls-on-with-king-dispute/

And people want him exiled from the Knicks. Make him the PRESIDENT IN MY BOOK. :lol:

Im always down for being Rugged and not Nice....Anything else is uncivilized.

No new Freinds.....fidduck all of that.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#16 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 pm

This totally explains why Frank just walked off the court. He knows who his on the court friends are....
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,966

Post#17 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Man we need to get his quotes laminated and hang it up next to Abraham Lincoln quotes. Generations of people should know who he is.
RealGM

Post#18 » by 2010 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 pm

^ This is the pic he posted to his IG page and proclaimed himself the :king: of NY.

WTF is wrong wit this burger? Why is he obssessed wit taking shots at NY and disrespecting the Knicks ever since "LeDecision". This douche goes way out of his way to do it too.

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#19 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 pm

2010 wrote:Image

^ This is the pic he posted to his IG page and proclaimed himself the :king: of NY.

WTF is wrong wit this burger? Why is he obssessed wit taking shots at NY and disrespecting the Knicks ever since "LeDecision". This douche goes way out of his way to do it too.

My dude I been airing this cat out all day because of his BS. :evil:
RealGM

Post#20 » by 2010 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
2010 wrote:Image

My dude I been airing this cat out all day because of his BS. :evil:

Real talk, I never wish no ill will on a player but this d!ckhead is about due for a major injury.

Return to New York Knicks