ImageImageImageImageImage

This isn't a playoff team

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Re: This isn't a playoff team 

Post#161 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:05 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:Last marshmallow reference for at least a month from me but I just love how selfless and how much of a team these guys look like now as I always was saying it would be addition by subtraction. And then look at where he landed are they even in the playoff picture right now?

But this team just has to be decent on the road to make the playoffs they haven't looked good on the road so far but hopefully that'll change i used to be all about tank squad but now that this team is showing heart and the youth are developing and exuding confidence let's get the 7th seed and upset the Ledivas. Is there gonna be a huge difference between the 13th and 18th pick anyway??!

If they win the next game and then take vengeance on Houston, this forum will make a bag of dicks look like baguettes in a laundry sack

I'm not sure what this means but you're not a real team to be taken seriously until you start winning games on the road.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#162 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:06 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:Last marshmallow reference for at least a month from me but I just love how selfless and how much of a team these guys look like now as I always was saying it would be addition by subtraction. And then look at where he landed are they even in the playoff picture right now?

But this team just has to be decent on the road to make the playoffs they haven't looked good on the road so far but hopefully that'll change i used to be all about tank squad but now that this team is showing heart and the youth are developing and exuding confidence let's get the 7th seed and upset the Ledivas. Is there gonna be a huge difference between the 13th and 18th pick anyway??!

If they win the next game and then take vengeance on Houston, this forum will make a bag of dicks look like baguettes in a laundry sack

I'm not sure what this means but you're not a real team to be taken seriously until you start winning games on the road.

it means swole with pride
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#163 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:07 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Walt is rolling over in his grave knowing someone is using his likeness to butcher the english language.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#164 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Walt is rolling over in his grave knowing someone is using his likeness to butcher the english language.

This is you being clever?

Speaking ill of the living as if they are no longer with us?
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#165 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

This is a reference to Charles Barkley saying this about living people, i.e, Knicks being blown out - "Patrick Ewing is rolling over in his grave".

Watch more television.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#166 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:25 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

This is a reference to Charles Barkley saying this about living people, i.e, Knicks being blown out - "Patrick Ewing is rolling over in his grave".

Watch more television.

Indeed.

That a cultured man such as yourself would take time away from Sir Charles to grace our humble forum with your learned presence is truly a great honor we shall all cherish forevermore.
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#167 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:28 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Watch more television.

Indeed.

That a cultured man such as yourself would take time away from Sir Charles to grace our humble forum with your learned presence is truly a great honor we shall all cherish forevermore.

Watching NBA on TNT means I am an uncultured swine apparently. Didn't realize watching NBA entertainment was beneath you. Sorry, I should add more 'culture' to my life. I'll put on Downtown Abbey just for you.

Or something more along your lines - Matlock?

I'm sure this is where you get your wonderful wit from.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#168 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Watch more television.

Indeed.

Watching NBA on TNT means I am an uncultured swine apparently. Didn't realize watching NBA entertainment was beneath you. Sorry, I should add more 'culture' to my life. I'll put on Downtown Abbey just for you.

You pick fights poorly.

You went after someone known here for their ability to spin a phrase with some elevated notion that you are the arbiter of excellence when it comes to the usage of the English language.

You invoke Clyde, who is my sports hero, in order to insult me while thoroughly misunderstanding who Walt Frazier is.

He is a basketball legend, a character writ large and a gracious man of great charm. He is hardly a bard and is actually possessed of a modest wit so dissing someone by measuring them up against Clyde's thesaurus-bound rhyming couplets is hardly a compelling indication of your skill at literary analysis.

And when you were given the shove back you brought upon yourself you folded like a wet rag and switched from being a high falutin wannabe know-it-all to saying "Watch More Television" so please back the eff up and find somebody else to mess with because you're not really as smart as you think you are.
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#169 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:39 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Indeed.

You pick fights poorly.

You went after someone known here for their ability to spin a phrase with some elevated notion that you are the arbiter of excellence when it comes to the usage of the English language.

You invoke Clyde, who is my sports hero, in order to insult me while thoroughly misunderstanding who Walt Frazier is.

He is a basketball legend, a character writ large and a gracious man of great charm. He is hardly a bard and is actually possessed of a modest wit so dissing someone by measuring them up against Clyde's thesaurus-bound rhyming couplets is hardly a compelling indication of your skill at literary analysis.

And when you were given the shove back you brought upon yourself you folded like a wet rag and switched from being a high falutin wannabe know-it-all to saying "Watch More Television" so please back the eff up and find somebody else to mess with because you're not really as smart as you think you are.

I met Clyde. He's an amazing man. I love him. I'm glad you love him too. But you post very much unlike Clyde. You're pompous and arrogant and talk down to many on the forum. You talk in riddles and try to pretend you're wittier than half the forum. You're not. Tone it down a notch - or not. I don't care. But take that 'chit' to someone who cares.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#170 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:42 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

You pick fights poorly.

I met Clyde. He's an amazing man. I love him. I'm glad you love him too. But you post very much unlike Clyde. You're pompous and arrogant and talk down to many on the forum. You talk in riddles and try to pretend you're wittier than half the forum. You're not. Tone it down a notch - or not. I don't care. But take that 'chit' to someone who cares.

I don't care about your opinion at all. You have not distinguished yourself so keep it to yourself from now on. You came at me so stop whining.
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#171 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:43 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You pick fights poorly.

I don't care about your opinion at all. You have not distinguished yourself so keep it to yourself from now on. You came at me so stop whining.

Happy Thanksgiving.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,452

Post#172 » by damedash09 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 am

damedash09 wrote:This team away from msg is 100% uncompetitive. The team has benefited from a very home friendly schedule so far

Coming up- From Dec. 27 to Feb. 2, the Knicks play 20 games, and only four of those are at home. They have an absurd January with 12 of 16 games on other teams floors. Things could get ugly fast

I'm expecting this team to end up in the late lottery around pick 12

Wake up folks. Road game equals loss doesn't matter the opponent. Mvp is the home crowd. Jeff sucks at coaching as well. It shows on the road when it is needed.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,368

Post#173 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 am

damedash09 wrote:
damedash09 wrote:This team away from msg is 100% uncompetitive. The team has benefited from a very home friendly schedule so far

Coming up- From Dec. 27 to Feb. 2, the Knicks play 20 games, and only four of those are at home. They have an absurd January with 12 of 16 games on other teams floors. Things could get ugly fast

Wake up folks. Road game equals loss doesn't matter the opponent. Mvp is the home crowd. Jeff sucks at coaching as well. It shows on the road when it is needed.

Facts. Knicks max out at 38 wins with no changes.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,815

Post#174 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:51 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
damedash09 wrote:

sig bet?
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#175 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:52 am

We’re back to not being a playoff team lol!
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,452

Post#176 » by damedash09 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:53 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:We’re back to not being a playoff team lol!

What's their road record
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#177 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 am

damedash09 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:We’re back to not being a playoff team lol!

What's their road record

Like 0-50
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,368

Post#178 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 am

knicks85 wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
damedash09 wrote:Wake up folks. Road game equals loss doesn't matter the opponent. Mvp is the home crowd. Jeff sucks at coaching as well. It shows on the road when it is needed.

sig bet?

With no trades, changes to the rotations Jeff's using and no Coaching change, yes sure.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,815

Post#179 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Facts. Knicks max out at 38 wins with no changes.

sig bet?

With no trades, changes to the rotations Jeff's using and no Coaching change, yes sure.

Wait you can’t just add no rotation changes ...teams congeal and change thier rotations...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#180 » by robillionaire » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:51 am

Their road record is 1-6 after tomorrow

The win was against Cleveland, a good road win

4 losses have been to good teams OKC, Toronto, Boston, and after tomorrow's loss, Houston. No shame in losing on the road to those teams.

The other two were Orlando, but KP didn't play. And Atlanta one was truly the only bad loss and they should have found a way to win even without Kanter. The verdict is still out but they have to start getting it done on the road against lesser teams.

Return to New York Knicks