ImageImageImageImageImage

Gregg Zaun TERMINATED for sexual harassment!

Moderator: JaysRule15

realguile
Junior
And1: 1,031

Re: Gregg Zaun TERMINATED for sexual harassment! 

Post#41 » by realguile » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:15 am

TooBad wrote:
vaff87 wrote:No more Gregg Zaun or Jackie Redmond. What a time to be alive.

What happened to Jackie Redmond?....I f**king hate her.

Sorry, this falls into one of two categories: potentially libelous if false, completely irrelevant if true. - Schad
JetLife wrote:I'm holding tears back this **** hurts
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#42 » by vaff87 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:35 am

TooBad wrote:

Same. Two of my friends can’t stand her, as well.

Apparently she’s been moved to the NHL Network. There are rumours why, but it seems we shouldn’t talk about it.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#43 » by polo007 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:48 am

Read on Twitter

"Zaun's on-air brand and image was based around aggressive masculinity so when he wore (undershirts) around the office and made rude sexual comments directly to women, or in close proximity of women, with the clear intention of making us uncomfortable, it was sort of implied: that's who he was, deal with it," said one employee, who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisals at work.

'Didn't feel empowered'

"I think he was able to get away with this for so long because as a woman at Sportsnet, you certainly didn't feel empowered to report the inappropriate behaviour of a former professional athlete nicknamed 'The Manalyst,' especially to an all-male senior management team."

Zaun, 46, began a part-time broadcasting career with Sportsnet following the 2006 season. He initially signed a two-year deal as a MLB studio analyst with Sportsnet in 2011 and continued working with the network until his termination.

Zaun played 16 major league seasons, including five years in Toronto from 2004-2008, and captured a World Series with the Florida Marlins in 1997.

"(Zaun's firing) happened because finally somebody felt comfortable enough to speak up," said another female Sportsnet employee, who never worked directly with Zaun. "But it's unfortunate that for so long, if you think of how long he's been with the network, there's a control room of so many people and there's not one person who feels comfortable to flag that this isn't right."

Offensive comments 'openly accepted'

The 20-something employee, who also didn't want to be identified, spoke about offensive comments that stretched beyond Zaun.

"It is openly accepted that over intercom [between the studio and in-game staff] we can objectify women in the stands of hockey games, we can discuss girlfriends and wives of professional athletes and use language that should not be accepted under any circumstances," she said. "I have received text messages complimenting what dress I was wearing, and how an individual wanted to ride the elevator alone with me. It's unfortunate that it's been a situation where I now keep notes on things."

"I'm one of those people who don't feel comfortable enough bringing it to another level right now."

Neither of the women who spoke to The Canadian Press filed complaints against Zaun.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#44 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 5:24 am

vaff87 wrote:
TooBad wrote:

Apparently she’s been moved to the NHL Network. There are rumours why, but it seems we shouldn’t talk about it.

Can't deny her looks, but she definitely came off as a bit fake when she covered baseball. I don't think she was a fan.

They need to bring my man Barry Davis back. I miss his cringeworthy interviews so much.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#45 » by vaff87 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 5:54 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
vaff87 wrote:
TooBad wrote:

Can't deny her looks, but she definitely came off as a bit fake when she covered baseball. I don't think she was a fan.

They need to bring my man Barry Davis back. I miss his cringeworthy interviews so much.

I don’t even find her particularly attractive. That’s not me saying I have super high standards or something lol. I just don’t particularly like her look, too much make-up or something, and she kinda creeps me out. I don’t really know what it is, but I just find her off-putting.

LOL, what type of band was it he had? A Tom Petty cover band or something? :lol: I didn’t mind him. I kinda felt bad for him. He seemed like a nice guy, and took a lot of ****. And I’m sure Zaun probably bullied him when he had the chance. Sounds like something Zaun would do.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,095

Post#46 » by Schad » Sat Dec 2, 2017 6:21 am

The fact that Barry Davis left being an on-air sports personality to helm a Tom Petty cover band is fantastic in a completely illogical sort of way. I can't say I'd do the same, but go forth young man.
**** your asterisk.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#47 » by The_Hater » Sat Dec 2, 2017 12:11 pm

Inevitable wrote:Is Leo Rautins next? He’s a known womanizer.

I would not be the least bit surprised if he’s next. Ive had a couple of friends who have been associated with him via the Raptors and they’ve even gone out to bars with him and he definitely sees himself as God’s gift to women. He even told one of my friends that he was a sex addict.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#48 » by Skin Blues » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:23 pm

realguile wrote:
TooBad wrote:

Sorry, this falls into one of two categories: potentially libelous if false, completely irrelevant if true. - Schad

This entire thread is nothing but potentially libelous and completely irrelevant information about Gregg Zaun. Why is the idea of Jackie Redmond sleeping with player(s) past that line?
vaff87
RealGM

Post#49 » by vaff87 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 4:03 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
realguile wrote:
TooBad wrote:

This entire thread is nothing but potentially libelous and completely irrelevant information about Gregg Zaun. Why is the idea of Jackie Redmond sleeping with player(s) past that line?

Leo Rautins, as well.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Schad » Sat Dec 2, 2017 7:59 pm

Skin Blues wrote:This entire thread is nothing but potentially libelous and completely irrelevant information about Gregg Zaun. Why is the idea of Jackie Redmond sleeping with player(s) past that line?

Which information is irrelevant in a thread about Gregg Zaun, the self-proclaimed Manalyst, being terminated for an apparent long history of sexual harassment?

Further, what relevance would a consensual sexual relationship between adults have if it is true, something that even the article that was posted hedges on at every turn?
**** your asterisk.
jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#51 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:17 pm

Schad wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:This entire thread is nothing but potentially libelous and completely irrelevant information about Gregg Zaun. Why is the idea of Jackie Redmond sleeping with player(s) past that line?

Which information is irrelevant in a thread about Gregg Zaun, the self-proclaimed Manalyst, being terminated for an apparent long history of sexual harassment?

Further, what relevance would a consensual sexual relationship between adults have if it is true, something that even the article that was posted hedges on at every turn?

How about the Leo Rautins stuff? Separate posts in the thread calling him a womanizer and sex addict with less proof than the Jackie Redmond rumours.

I’m not a big Rautins fan and don’t personally care either way whether it’s all off limits or all ok to discuss...just seems a bit hypocritical to edit out the Redmond rumours and leave the “heard from a friend of a friend” stuff about Rautins.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#52 » by Wo1verine » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:45 pm

I like reading the gossip personally lol

Rather it's true or not interesting to read on coffee break.
BrunoSkull
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#53 » by Wo1verine » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:51 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:
Schad wrote:

How about the Leo Rautins stuff? Separate posts in the thread calling him a womanizer and sex addict with less proof than the Jackie Redmond rumours.

I’m not a big Rautins fan and don’t personally care either way whether it’s all off limits or all ok to discuss...just seems a bit hypocritical to edit out the Redmond rumours and leave the “heard from a friend of a friend” stuff about Rautins.

Schad loves Jackie Redmond, Leo not so much ... :P
BrunoSkull
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Schad » Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:03 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:How about the Leo Rautins stuff? Separate posts in the thread calling him a womanizer and sex addict with less proof than the Jackie Redmond rumours.

There are only two posted referencing Rautins that I can see, and one is my joke.

It's a fair point, but one strikes me as being tangential to the topic of discussion, while the other simply doesn't matter at all. Take the first time the Zaun situation arose, with his gross tweet a few years ago about college students being too chubby for him to get his perv on. Had someone made a thread prior to that announcing that they'd seen Zaun hitting on women at a bar, I'd have locked it. Once he posted that, however, his proclivities became fair game (and a number of people confirmed that they'd seen him chasing college-aged women), because it's an issue that he himself brought to attention.
**** your asterisk.
TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Post#55 » by TooBad » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm pretty sure Trudeau is going to make sex illegal sooner or later...Can't even make sex jokes in public without it putting you in court or worse (Unless you're a women of course then you can do whatever you want and its alright).
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#56 » by Skin Blues » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:04 pm

Schad wrote:Which information is irrelevant in a thread about Gregg Zaun, the self-proclaimed Manalyst, being terminated for an apparent long history of sexual harassment?

So if I start a thread about a Blue Jays reporter being re-assigned to a different sport because she was caught allegedly sleeping with multiple players on the Jays, it wouldn't be removed? Please don't pretend that the information was deleted because it was off-topic.
Schad wrote:Further, what relevance would a consensual sexual relationship between adults have if it is true, something that even the article that was posted hedges on at every turn?

A reporter lost her job because she broke workplace rules. Obviously it interests a lot of people, just like the Zaun story. There are reports that she was sent away from the team to placate a certain player's significant other, so if anything this affects the team on the field much more than a mouthpiece that has almost zero interaction with the players.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#57 » by vaff87 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 8:10 pm

And Jackie Redmond had much more to do with the Jays than Leo.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Schad » Sun Dec 3, 2017 8:54 pm

Skin Blues wrote:So if I start a thread about a Blue Jays reporter being re-assigned to a different sport because she was caught allegedly sleeping with multiple players on the Jays, it wouldn't be removed? Please don't pretend that the information was deleted because it was off-topic.

Oh, it'd be removed, assuming the source was the same as previous. It's been posted twice now, once sourcing a TMZ wannabee, and once citing Dean Blundell (who was sourcing it from the TMZ wannabee). Yeah, no.

I don't just mean "irrelevant to the thread". I mean irrelevant overall. Even with sourcing that wasn't a garbage fire, I'd need real convincing that it mattered. But combined with the complete lack of anything approaching a genuine source, we aren't going there.

A reporter lost her job because she broke workplace rules. Obviously it interests a lot of people, just like the Zaun story. There are reports that she was sent away from the team to placate a certain player's significant other, so if anything this affects the team on the field much more than a mouthpiece that has almost zero interaction with the players.

A reporter moved to a different job. That's the only credibly sourced part of it.
**** your asterisk.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#59 » by dagger » Sun Dec 3, 2017 9:00 pm

I really don't care who is sleeping with professional athletes, unless I have good reason to believe that their social life is impacting their performance. You almost never have such evidence. Mind you, I wouldn't wait for the evidence if someone is sleeping with a Kardashian.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
vaff87
RealGM

Post#60 » by vaff87 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:31 am

Schad wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:So if I start a thread about a Blue Jays reporter being re-assigned to a different sport because she was caught allegedly sleeping with multiple players on the Jays, it wouldn't be removed? Please don't pretend that the information was deleted because it was off-topic.

Oh, it'd be removed, assuming the source was the same as previous. It's been posted twice now, once sourcing a TMZ wannabee, and once citing Dean Blundell (who was sourcing it from the TMZ wannabee). Yeah, no.

I don't just mean "irrelevant to the thread". I mean irrelevant overall. Even with sourcing that wasn't a garbage fire, I'd need real convincing that it mattered. But combined with the complete lack of anything approaching a genuine source, we aren't going there.

But why can we say completely unsupported things about Leo Rautins, but not Jackie Redmond? Leo has nothing to do with the Jays. I don’t even think he watches baseball.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays