ImageImageImageImageImage

Did the Knicks win the Melo trade?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,615

Re: Did the Knicks win the Melo trade? 

Post#81 » by stuporman » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:34 pm

Getting Melo off the Knicks is a win, not getting garbage players and contracts in return is a win, getting players that have contributed to wins is a win so for the Knicks it's a win-win-win......and for the Thunder? Um.....to early to tell but it's not looking so good.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#82 » by duetta » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:38 pm

Knicks "win" every trade (at least in the opinion of a majority of board members!) - but Kanter looks like he wants to remain here, and become an anchor. I didn't know that he lost 30 pounds in the offseason, in an attempt to improve his defensive responsiveness. The thing is, all three players in the trade can be FAs in 1-2 years...so it might all come down as to what Perry / Mills do with the Bulls pick.
SkeletorMelo
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#83 » by SkeletorMelo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:08 pm

Carmelo won the Melo trade. Carmelo win everything basketball related unless we talking on da court. If we talking bout on da court. ... Nah. But anything else association wise hes undefeated. A true hustler.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#84 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:27 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Let's not forget most people here thought this was a bad trade initially and wanted more for Melo.

I just wanted him gone. I didn’t care how or for who.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#85 » by nedleeds » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:53 pm

They would have come out winners if they traded him for matching expiring salary and a bag of onions. He didn't want to be here, he isn't a plus player anymore and the Knicks are actively rebuilding with KP. Everytime he would have caught, paused, jabbed, jabbed, jabbed, pump faked, jabbed, pump faked, quick dribble, chuck my soul would have died a little. Not sure Kanter or McBackcuts are plus players either but they are early 20s and could potentially improve or be traded.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: RE: Re: Did the Knicks win the Melo trade? 

Post#86 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:00 pm

Tornelyus wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
Tornelyus wrote:I don't believe OKC got fleeced in the deal. All-star's do not grow on trees. OKC had some players with potential with not so good deals for them (Oladipo, Kanter) or rookie deals that is not fit for their team (McDermott, Sabonis). CHI 2nd is overrated. Along with Celtics and Warriors, OKC is one of the few teams that doesn't have bad contracts. Simply they exchanged some parts that they did not need for Melo and rented PG. They will get better as Melo and PG figure out how to play next to RW. After game 21 last year (against Heat, funny coincidence, we won behind Melo's 35) we were 12-9. Things can change quickly.

Wonder how a rookie deal wouldn’t fit for a team .....also disregard for a second that Dipo gets 5 million less a year than Melo & still Dipo is a far more impactful player...Melo was an all star because of legacy, he is no where near all star caliber

It is not the deal, player did not fit.
McDermott did not got any touches, Oladipo had eFG lower than Roberson, Sabonis was not needed, Kanter played 45 minutes total in playoffs and was terrible. This year Oladipo may be more impactful but that was not the case when he was Thunder.

Sounds like Okc didn't even what they're doing, and still don't. All these pieces couldn't have sucked and instantly perform better elsewhere.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#87 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:15 pm

knicks85 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I wouldn't put too much hate on melo specifically

The pacers are feeling like they won the Paul George trade too

It's a poor fit at this point in okc

And we've added quality role players who are easier to incorporate

Still, yay for us!

And that 2nd rounder too!

Sabonis is pretty freakin awesome as is Dipo...they won more than us...they are prob sick of winning

Well they also gave up the bigger asset
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#88 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:19 pm

Better than the crap Houston was offering.

I think both teams will come away pleased. I do believe OKC will turn it around, still 60 games left. They have strong defensive players on that team, just need Melo and Westbrook to actually make their shots and involve Paul George more.

As for the Knicks, it'll be interesting if we re-sign Kanter. Kanter alone has been worth the deal, McDermott and especially the Bulls 2nd rounder is gravy. Kanter needs to still show me how consistent he can be on the defensive end before im ready to sign him to a long term deal.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#89 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:25 pm

thank god we fired phil.

both teams got what they wanted. i believe okc will turn it around and hopefully kanter continues his strong play
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,571

Post#90 » by knuckles862 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:28 pm

I think both sides won it’s not like kanter and Doug are gonna be on the team when we become contenders like some think. I’d only say we won if kanter takes a massive discount
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#91 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:58 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Presti had to make the trade. He needed to dump 2 solid young players and a great 2nd rd pick for an aging inefficient scorer who does little else. It was a no brainer.

How's that?

Weak!

Presti had to make the trade. Kanter refused to be hollowed out as a liquor dispenser for Fortune55 so he had to go and Doug humming Burger King commercials in the locker room was driving his teammates insane. When Presti realized he could get a hoodie for both of them he pounced on the deal. That Melo was included was just window dressing.

Presti had to make the trade. A gun was put to his head and he had no choice. He figured give Perry what he wants or else. After the papers were signed...Mills let Presti's family out of Free Candy's van parked outside.

fixed
ImageImageImage
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#92 » by blueNorange » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:18 pm

Juco24 wrote:I truly believe there are some here who believe Ron Baker is a better player than Melo. Lol

no he's not, but i'd rather watch baker do nothing on the bench than watch melo do nothing on the court.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#93 » by CowboyBebop » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Juco24 wrote:I truly believe there are some here who believe Ron Baker is a better player than Melo. Lol

no he's not, but i'd rather watch baker do nothing on the bench than watch melo do nothing on the court.

You mean you don’t like melo holding the ball and jab stepping 12 times while everyone stands still and looks into the void of despair? Does the sight of melo laughing as we are down 20 points not bring joy to your soul? Melo arguing with the ref as the opponent’s fast break leads to an easy layup doesn’t do it for you huh?

Oh well, to each their own :lol:
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#94 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:29 pm

yes.

in an alternate universe, we did not gut our team for melo and did not eventually end up with porzingis
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#95 » by HEZI » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:32 pm

CowboyBebop wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

You mean you don’t like melo holding the ball and jab stepping 12 times while everyone stands still and looks into the void of despair? Does the sight of melo laughing as we are down 20 points not bring joy to your soul? Melo arguing with the ref as the opponent’s fast break leads to an easy layup doesn’t do it for you huh?

Oh well, to each their own :lol:

You gave me flashbacks

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:45 pm

I still cant believe we robbed the thunder blind

we got a better haul than the pacers did for george

lmao
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#97 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:56 pm

The Knicks didn’t just win, they got away with a full on bank heist.

The new way to spell Melo is c a n c e r. Dude hasn’t been a productive player in years. His offense isn’t even good anymore and he was already a net negative with his lack of defense and team ball.
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#98 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Dec 3, 2017 7:00 pm

Why is Melo even better than Kanter.

Same defense but Kanter plays much more efficiently, in rhythm with the Knicks offense and is a great rebounder.

If Thunder has Westbrook/George/Kanter they would be so much more balanced with one of the best offenses.

Instead it looks real ugly and I don’t see why it will look better within 60 games.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#99 » by denterprise » Sun Dec 3, 2017 7:05 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:I still cant believe we robbed the thunder blind

lmao

We did well but so did the Pacers with Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis. Come playoff time Okc will be fine also, it takes longer to incorporate multiple star players that are use to leading their teams and not playing a supporting role.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Dec 3, 2017 7:13 pm

denterprise wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:I still cant believe we robbed the thunder blind

lmao

We did well but so did the Pacers with Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis. Come playoff time Okc will be fine also, it takes longer to incorporate multiple star players that are use to leading their teams and not playing a supporting role.

pacers did well no doubt.

i like what we got better though, since we got a pick as well. Oladipo has been balling though

Return to New York Knicks