ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

How many wins for Giants and Jets? Options based on Over Unders

Jets 3
26%
Jets 4
11%
Jets 5
6%
Jets 6
5%
Jets 7
5%
Giants 7
9%
Giants 8
3%
Giants 9
5%
Giants 10
20%
Giants 11
11%

Total votes: 65

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Re: OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets? 

Post#241 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So, if you combined the Jets and Giants into one football team, would that team make the playoffs if it could keep the best 40 players?

I'll say just barely.

Absolutely. Hell, honestly, the Jets would be a playoff team in the weak AFC with an average QB like Eli. Robby Anderson is the real deal. He's actually running routes now and can still take the top off of any defense in the league. ASJ has been a bit unlucky this year with td's being taken away but he's a beast. The defense is solid too and Mo Claiborne is currently the most underrated corner in the league.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#242 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:24 pm

My feelings on Jackson haven't changed for the record. He's the QB I prefer the most out of this draft for the Jets. We've tried the same tired crap over the years. Drafting project prototypical QBs in the mid rounds and try to develop them when they inevitably suck because outside of arm talent they just don't have it to cut it at the professional level. Everyone is going to be scared off because of Geno but it's been proven over time that the Jets failed Geno moreso than he failed us. I've had long debates on that issue on here and will not budge on that mentality so save your mentions for someone else on that front... Jackson would give us a whole new identity as an explosive football team. Having weapons like Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson, and ASJ (add in a potential WR signing like a Watkins) and you have a recipe for success with a rookie dynamic QB. I have questions about his pocket presence. From what I've seen when stepping into throws without getting out of the pocket he tends to bump his linemen and almost run into sacks... Other than that mechanically he seems fine to me and he's able to make reads on a defense. I'm also a proponent of signing Alex Smith or Cousins to a short term bridge deal a swell if they're scared to throw Jackson out to the wolves. If they want to ignore this QB class altogether I would love to bring Tyrod in who the Bills clearly aren't high on. Either way I expect a good turnaround for the Jets next year as long as Maccagnan doesn't fuq up how he allocates his cap space...
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#243 » by Lotsix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:
My b, I was at the gym. And, Wentz and Wilson get rocked as well. Rodgers has had an abundance of injuries. Watson is out for the year. Injuries happen. I won't lower someone because we can assume they'll get injured more.. when they've never been hurt.

Right now, I honestly rather have Jackson or Mayfield over Rosen and Darnold. I think Rosen will be the best, but prefer the culture changing shift in getting a leader like Lamar or Mayfield.

Darnold and Rosen will be head and shoulders better than Jackson and Mayfield and it won't even be close

Ha...one of us have gotten paid to analyze and write about the draft, while one of us hasn't.

The old raiders scouts were paid to scout Jamarcus, what are you getting at? Jackson will be a decent ball player but that skinny running around ball player I don't like. Darnold is going be absolutely filthy and if he comes out hope my jets trade up using their first, Seattle 2nd and whatever else it'll take. He will be what luck should be(if he's healthy)
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#244 » by Mecca » Fri Dec 1, 2017 12:25 am

Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Darnold and Rosen will be head and shoulders better than Jackson and Mayfield and it won't even be close

Ha...one of us have gotten paid to analyze and write about the draft, while one of us hasn't.

The old raiders scouts were paid to scout Jamarcus, what are you getting at? Jackson will be a decent ball player but that skinny running around ball player I don't like. Darnold is going be absolutely filthy and if he comes out hope my jets trade up using their first, Seattle 2nd and whatever else it'll take. He will be what luck should be(if he's healthy)

You made an opinion that you stated as a fact. So down-talking my opinion like it was asinine is fallacious.

The fact that you want to trade a #1, #2 and next years #1 as well as a day 3 pick for Darnold is exactly why I'm happy you're not the GM of the Jets. Awful.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Lotsix
Rookie

Post#245 » by Lotsix » Fri Dec 1, 2017 3:14 am

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:

You made an opinion that you stated as a fact. So down-talking my opinion like it was asinine is fallacious.

The fact that you want to trade a #1, #2 and next years #1 as well as a day 3 pick for Darnold is exactly why I'm happy you're not the GM of the Jets. Awful.

We can revisit how awful it is after darnold becomes a pro, that kid is the truth
Mecca
RealGM

Post#246 » by Mecca » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:49 am

Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:

We can revisit how awful it is after darnold becomes a pro, that kid is the truth

"that kid is the truth" great analysis
Brooklyn Nets
Lotsix
Rookie

Post#247 » by Lotsix » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:19 pm

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:

ive only been through 4-5 of your posts but already beyoooond sick of you. Sound like one of those preppy kids who went to harvard who think they know more about everything than everyone else. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Mecca
RealGM

Post#248 » by Mecca » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:24 pm

Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:

ive only been through 4-5 of your posts but already beyoooond sick of you. Sound like one of those preppy kids who went to harvard who think they know more about everything than everyone else. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Preppy LMAOO!! Assuming I went to Harvard though, thanks for the complimnt. Another W in the books for me.

Next time don’t cast your opinions like facts. I hope you learned your lesson in defeat.
Brooklyn Nets
Lotsix
Rookie

Post#249 » by Lotsix » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:40 pm

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Preppy LMAOO!! Assuming I went to Harvard though, thanks for the complimnt. Another W in the books for me.

Next time don’t cast your opinions like facts. I hope you learned your lesson in defeat.

lesson in defeat? TF do you think you are? scr*w you and your opinion
Mecca
RealGM

Post#250 » by Mecca » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:46 pm

Lotsix wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:

lesson in defeat? TF do you think you are? scr*w you and your opinion

Learn to verbalize your thoughts instead of getting angry and resorting to childish banter. Another W in my bag. :)
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#251 » by Mecca » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:14 pm

Jackson and Mayfield hive. Mayfield is so accurate with his ball placement.
Brooklyn Nets
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#252 » by Sark » Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Francessa is such an idiot. McAdoo never said Geno gives them a better chance to win. He said he can put together a game plan that will put Geno in position to be successful, and they can win the game with it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,588

Post#253 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:21 pm

Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Francessa is such an idiot. McAdoo never said Geno gives them a better chance to win. He said he can put together a game plan that will put Geno in position to be successful, and they can win the game with it.

He's been over the top on this topic all week. Great for ratings though.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#254 » by IAmTheBest » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:54 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, if you combined the Jets and Giants into one football team, would that team make the playoffs if it could keep the best 40 players?

I'll say just barely.

Absolutely. Hell, honestly, the Jets would be a playoff team in the weak AFC with an average QB like Eli. Robby Anderson is the real deal. He's actually running routes now and can still take the top off of any defense in the league. ASJ has been a bit unlucky this year with td's being taken away but he's a beast. The defense is solid too and Mo Claiborne is currently the most underrated corner in the league.

"average QB like eli"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#255 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#256 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:52 pm

I dont follow football closely, im more of a fairweather fan and root for both teams and watch more once the playoffs start.

But i dont understand the hoopla surrounding the Eli benching. To me, it seems like a stealth tanking move. Geno Smith is ass, starting Geno would safely secure them a top 3 pick.

Or is it because of the consecutive games streak? Eli isnt even close to Favre's record. Glazer is even reporting that a group of former Giants players are planning to come to the game next week wearing Eli jerseys on the sideline. I understand hes a Giants legend and all, but i just dont understand the commotion.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#257 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,047

Post#258 » by Jeffrey » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:42 am

So Geno Smith did what Eli has been doing all season. It's not the QB, we all know this. It's the fcking game plan. McAdoo's plan has been slant plays and just quick dinking and dunking. He's hoping that one of our practice squad level WRers can break one. I hope McAdoo stays until the end of the season, why mess up this tank?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#259 » by Stannis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:01 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I dont follow football closely, im more of a fairweather fan and root for both teams and watch more once the playoffs start.

But i dont understand the hoopla surrounding the Eli benching. To me, it seems like a stealth tanking move. Geno Smith is ass, starting Geno would safely secure them a top 3 pick.

Or is it because of the consecutive games streak? Eli isnt even close to Favre's record. Glazer is even reporting that a group of former Giants players are planning to come to the game next week wearing Eli jerseys on the sideline. I understand hes a Giants legend and all, but i just dont understand the commotion.

Because "tanking", "giving young guys a chance", "avoiding major injuries", weren't the reasons stated by Mara or Macpoop. You heard things like "going a different direction", "time for a change".

If the Giants started Webb and gave Eli off, everybody would have been fine or much less sensetive. But they started Geno as if it was a way to still stay competitive (Benching Eli for Geno lol).... Geno was signed just in case Eli was injured. Webb was supposed to be the young QB to learn but still secure a tank.

It's just not a way you treat your legend QB. Having a steady for QB for 15 years straight is not something to take for granted.

Eli is still good. But he isn't like his older bro. He needs a good coach and offensive coordinator.

This team was predicted to make the playoffs. But injuries and MacSheet ruined that. And they are going to fire him now so it makes no sense. Why back up his decision to bench Eli when you were just going to fire him anyway? They really just let Maccrap ruin a legacy. And it was in no way his place to do so. He is god awful.
Free Palestine
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#260 » by magnumt » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:37 pm

It's official:

Read on Twitter

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks