ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Borelando

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: PG: Borelando 

Post#141 » by blanko » Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:22 am

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Best part is Jeff is putting all his eggs in one basket. If he played youngsters more, he could say at least he's developing them, but by ignoring them, he's showing that he's playing to win and if he's not winning or developing youngsters then wtf is he doing here?

Frank/Baker
Timmy/Dotson
Doug
KP
Kanter/Billy

That's our youth. Other than Billy(who hasn't shown much/has youth/talent in front of him) and an injury plagued Baker(also youth ahead of him)...the kids have all been playing.

Apparently...some people think we're going to play ONLY youth. Not happening. I would not mind it myself but, it's not gonna happen. At least not right now.

Players who earn get the burn.
Frank has struggled so...he's not starting yet.
Dotson has shown promise...especially on defense...but he hasn't won any steady burn. He gets looks though. He's not starter material yet if ever.
Baker has been injured.
Billy has shown nothing.

Every other kid has gotten major burn. I'm not sure what this narrative is that he's not playing/developing the kids is about. He's doing EXACTLY that. He's not tanking and doing ONLY that but, for the most part...he's playing the kids. He's developing the youth by making them earn minutes and play defense. He's winning games by playing the vets who help run the system the team is playing in.

I don't see the problem. He has a lottery team playing .500 ball. He's doing a decent job IMO.

Heres the thing Baker had to go down for our first rounder to even get regular burn, Dotson hasn't been given a chance to win or lose a rotational spot and Billy, well Billy has lot his spot. So he deserved what he got.

Tonight Frank earned minutes and Jeff tried to win with Vets.

This is a fair enough strategy but if he loses and he ain't developing **** then he don't need to be here next year.

Frank was injured early on.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#142 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:31 am

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Best part is Jeff is putting all his eggs in one basket. If he played youngsters more, he could say at least he's developing them, but by ignoring them, he's showing that he's playing to win and if he's not winning or developing youngsters then wtf is he doing here?

Frank/Baker
Timmy/Dotson
Doug
KP
Kanter/Billy

That's our youth. Other than Billy(who hasn't shown much/has youth/talent in front of him) and an injury plagued Baker(also youth ahead of him)...the kids have all been playing.

Apparently...some people think we're going to play ONLY youth. Not happening. I would not mind it myself but, it's not gonna happen. At least not right now.

Dotson has shown promise...especially on defense...but he hasn't won any steady burn. He gets looks though. He's not starter material yet if ever.
Baker has been injured.
Billy has shown nothing.

Every other kid has gotten major burn. I'm not sure what this narrative is that he's not playing/developing the kids is about. He's doing EXACTLY that. He's not tanking and doing ONLY that but, for the most part...he's playing the kids. He's developing the youth by making them earn minutes and play defense. He's winning games by playing the vets who help run the system the team is playing in.

I don't see the problem. He has a lottery team playing .500 ball. He's doing a decent job IMO.

Heres the thing Baker had to go down for our first rounder to even get regular burn, Dotson hasn't been given a chance to win or lose a rotational spot and Billy, well Billy has lot his spot. So he deserved what he got.

This is a fair enough strategy but if he loses and he ain't developing **** then he don't need to be here next year.

So Frank played 4 less minutes than normal. The coach tried to win a game. Holy ****!! Fire this guy!

My post just explained that he IS developing the kids and winning/losing with the kids.

Dotson has been given minutes and although he showed a little skill...he hasn't taken over and earned any real burn...yet he STARTED tonight! LOL

Baker had to go down to get minutes? Our 1st rder was injured all summer and in preseason...he started playing regularly after 3 games. Baker was injured during that time and after. Ankle/shoulder.

Jeff has done a pretty good job balancing player development and accountability. People just looking for anything to pick at. This really shouldn't be on the list. A lottery team/rebuild playing .500 ball 1/4 into the season. Decent job. Even with the home friendly schedule. Not to mention Kanters improvement.
:beer: RIP mags
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#143 » by GEOLINK » Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:19 am

Game was winnable, but cooler heads will prevail.

A playoff game wasn’t lost. We shouldn’t act like that loss will defy the season. We win and we learn. Hornacek isn’t my favorite either but it is what it is.

Missing KP and THJ badly. Sounds weird saying that.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#144 » by Oscirus » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:14 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Frank/Baker
Timmy/Dotson
Doug
KP
Kanter/Billy

Baker has been injured.
Billy has shown nothing.

So Frank played 4 less minutes than normal. The coach tried to win a game. Holy ****!! Fire this guy!

My post just explained that he IS developing the kids and winning/losing with the kids.

Dotson has been given minutes and although he showed a little skill...he hasn't taken over and earned any real burn...yet he STARTED tonight! LOL

Baker had to go down to get minutes? Our 1st rder was injured all summer and in preseason...he started playing regularly after 3 games. Baker was injured during that time and after. Ankle/shoulder.

Jeff has done a pretty good job balancing player development and accountability. People just looking for anything to pick at. This really shouldn't be on the list. A lottery team/rebuild playing .500 ball 1/4 into the season. Decent job. Even with the home friendly schedule. Not to mention Kanters improvement.

Frank was playing a better game then he normally did tonight so you just rebutted your own accountability argument.

Frank wasn't injured during the regular season and didn't have a spot in the rotation until Baker went down. Ignore the obvious all you want, no Baker injury no rotation for Frank.
Dotson started tonight because our only other sg is a sf at the current time.

Giving young players time because you have to isn't the same as developing them.

If the best you can come up with in terms of development is that a 25 year old player in his prime got better this year, then you have no argument.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#145 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:25 am

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Frank was playing a better game then he normally did tonight so you just rebutted your own accountability argument.

Frank wasn't injured during the regular season and didn't have a spot in the rotation until Baker went down. Ignore the obvious all you want, no Baker injury no rotation for Frank.

Giving young players time because you have to isn't the same as developing them.

If the best you can come up with in terms of development is that a 25 year old player in his prime got better this year, then you have no argument.

Stop it. I have given MULTIPLE examples of how the kids are being developed. Frank was injured and being eased into the rotation. That's a fact. Once he got in he's been playing.

Dotson has gotten several looks and has never won any minutes but, was given a chance to start...because he's being developed and opportunity presented itself. Another fact. Lee could have swung to his NATURAL position and MFLFT could have started.

Kanter was labeled trash by most here and everywhere...his game has improved and he's now a top center in the league. Worth mentioning.

You and everyone else acting like he's not developing these kids are dead wrong. Period. I have stated why several times.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#146 » by Oscirus » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:52 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Stop it. I have given MULTIPLE examples of how the kids are being developed. Frank was injured and being eased into the rotation. That's a fact. Once he got in he's been playing.

Dotson has gotten several looks and has never won any minutes but, was given a chance to start...because he's being developed and opportunity presented itself. Another fact. Lee could have swung to his NATURAL position and MFLFT could have started.

Kanter was labeled trash by most here and everywhere...his game has improved and he's now a top center in the league. Worth mentioning.

You and everyone else acting like he's not developing these kids are dead wrong. Period. I have stated why several times.

and I've countered every single reason. If you want to act like Hornacek is the next popovich then be my guest but stop getting mad cuz people aren't wearing your rose colored glasses.

Several looks? Garbage time counts several looks now? He could've also given Dotson more then 22 minutes, but he didn't.

LMAO really laying it on thick with the Kanter stuff. Wow!
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#147 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:54 am

5 of our top 7 mpg...25 and under.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#148 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:59 am

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

and I've countered every single reason. If you want to act like Hornacek is the next popovich then be my guest but stop getting mad cuz people aren't wearing your rose colored glasses.

Several looks? Garbage time counts several looks now? He could've also given Dotson more then 22 minutes, but he didn't.

LMAO really laying it on thick with the Kanter stuff. Wow!

Danyean has played in 13 games. Billy. 14 Baker 6.

The other 5 guys 25 and under have played in 19 or more games and are 5 of the top 7 in mpg.

THAT'S DEVELOPING YOUTH. THAT'S WINNING/LOSING WITH YOUTH!

NOTHING you have said countered my points made. You were wrong every time and you're wrong now. Kanter improving is also called development.

Take the L and keep it moving bro. You're wrong.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#149 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Dec 4, 2017 11:11 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:by the time KP comes back this team is going to be significantly below .500 and Hardaway sounds like he's probably done for a couple months

time to chase that top 5-6

I think the tank is on.

Knicks were going to lose a ton in January anyway. Looks like they are taking the steps to not win unnecessary games in december like those other years.

or just being cautious with young players?

Or maybe extra cautious, Philly Style?
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#150 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Video breakdown of our defense when Dotson was on the court.

Damn, if Frank progresses like he can and Dotson becomes something, we have an incredibly gifted defensive backcourt (at the least.)
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,956

Post#151 » by Besart19 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 1:36 pm

Ntilikina/Burke
Dotson/Diallo
Timmy/Bonga
Porzingis/DMD
Kanter/Ayton

Defense, rebounds, shooting, passing
Strength and Honour!
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#152 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 1:47 pm

Didn't realize Tim was only a scratch 5 minutes before tip. What could his shin injury possibly be?
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#153 » by NYKAL » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:09 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Frank was injured at the start of the season....lingering effect from the same issue that kept him out of preseason
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#154 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:13 pm

Red Vines wrote:Didn't realize Tim was only a scratch 5 minutes before tip. What could his shin injury possibly be?

Being a runner myself who competed in college, I’ve seen this a lot… Basically I’m guessing he had some dull pain for a while and then really felt it in warm ups and told someone. I don’t wanna say it because it would be like a 2-3 month absence but it sounds a lot like a stress fracture. Hopefully he caught it early enough so that it’s just a stress reaction or shin splints because those would only be 2-4 week recoveries.

Not a medical expert just to be clear. But I’ve seen this type of thing a few times. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#155 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:17 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Facts
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#156 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:22 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Facts

WRONG!

Billy(10.5) hasn't shown improvement- 14 games
Baker(11) injured/hasn't shown improvement-6 games
Dotson(7.8) showed flashes-13 games got his first NBA start.

The other 5 players 25 and under have played in 19 or more games and are 5 of the top 7 mpg on the team.

Kanter improving shows development.

Everything points to players being developed. Winning/losing with the youth.

THESE ARE FACTS.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#157 » by mpharris36 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:34 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Facts

WRONG!

Billy(10.5) hasn't shown improvement- 14 games
Baker(11) injured/hasn't shown improvement-6 games
Dotson(7.8) showed flashes-13 games got his first NBA start.

The other 5 players 25 and under have played in 19 or more games and are 5 of the top 7 mpg on the team.

Kanter improving shows development.

Everything points to players being developed. Winning/losing with the youth.

THESE ARE FACTS.

I don't agree with this. The games WHG, Baker, and Dotson are playing are garbage time minutes that don't mean anything. None of those guys are playing consistent rotation minutes. Our young players shouldn't just be giving bigger roles because someone got injured.

The only 2 playrs on there 1st contract that get minutes are KP and Frank (and outside of a small stretch where he was finishing games) has been playing very restrictive minutes behind Jarret Jack who is a bum playing about 28 minutes a game which is unacceptable.

KP is really the only 1st contract player that gets major run on this team.

Sure Kanter and THjr deveopment is important since they are still youngish players..but they are still 2nd contract players making good $$$. The real player development needs to be in KP/Frank/WHG/Dotson in my humble opinion because when we are finally ready to make the jump those low cost players are what we will need to succeed.

Frank needs to cut into Jack minutes immediately, no reason that jack is playing 10 minutes a night more than Frank when Frank is already a more impactful player.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Post#158 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The Magic shot 30 FTs. We shot only 10.

This is where the game was lost. We shot a higher overall shooting % and from 3. The Magic were dreadful from 3 (6-28, 21%).

Sounds like Shimmy Timmy has shinny splints.

You know when Jeff is stressed and under pressure when he starts touching his damn ears and play with his face. He did it when he ran off the court after the game. Its was mainly your fault we lost. Dont want to play your rook big minutes why? Ill wait for this dumb media to ask what happened to the rebuild. What happened was KP is actually good.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#159 » by mpharris36 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:36 pm

K P 6 wrote:

This is where the game was lost. We shot a higher overall shooting % and from 3. The Magic were dreadful from 3 (6-28, 21%).

You know when Jeff is stressed and under pressure when he starts touching his damn ears and play with his face. He did it when he ran off the court after the game. Its was mainly your fault we lost. Dont wan to play your rook big minutes why?

I don't know how anyone can argue this point. The knicks were playing well with Frank leading the show. Then for no apparent reason he went to Sessions out of no where...then he went back to Jack and he was god awful. I mean everyone saw that right? Why is jeff not waking up...start the kid already.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Post#160 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:40 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

You know when Jeff is stressed and under pressure when he starts touching his damn ears and play with his face. He did it when he ran off the court after the game. Its was mainly your fault we lost. Dont wan to play your rook big minutes why?

I don't know how anyone can argue this point. The knicks were playing well with Frank leading the show. Then for no apparent reason he went to Sessions out of no where...then he went back to Jack and he was god awful. I mean everyone saw that right? Why is jeff not waking up...start the kid already.

Its gettig bad. Okay, we get it. Jack helped you win a few games with leadership and getting KP involved. However he is the main reason teams are getting a head start because the opposing point guard is able to do what he wants and the team gets comfortable. Then Frank comes in and stops easy penetration and here comes the come back. Thank GOD we know Frank and KP paired are demons defensively. We can only add to those two. Preferable a 2 way athletic SF.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks