ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Borelando

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Re: PG: Borelando 

Post#181 » by mpharris36 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Im all in on trading KOQ, Lee, and Kanter for assets. This fool Jeff is getting out of hand. He noticed KP was good and Jack helped get a few W's now he's all out Vet mode. FOH.

Billy trash on D but he should be playing to get better. Not Bease (1 year deal) KOQ (we know what he is). I pray Perry see's the BS and goes about this the right way. The fluke wins were due to KP with a Godly start and home court. We have 1 road win. 1.

we have a unique opportunity.

Lee Career high 12.9 PPG shooting 49% FG 46% 3 93% from the line and 1.5 steals along with a career high 3 assist.

Kanter 14.3 PPG 10.7 RPG in 26 MPG with a career high 1.4 assist and best defense ive seen him play. Not to mention 64% from the field and 90% from the line.

KOQ giving you 6.4 PPG 6.4 RPG 2APG and 1.1 BPG. Another career year guy. PEr 36 thats 13.7 13.7 4.4 assist and 2.3 blocks.

These 3 guys can get you something!!! Yes I love the winning but we have to stop this half assed show now!!!! In Perry I trust.

i agree with all this but they're not going to do anything like this. they will fight for the 8th seed all year or until it looks impossible.

I don't disagree, but here to hoping they don't make too much headway over thes next two weeks. Because after that the end of december thru early feb schedule before all-star weekend is brutal, littered with a ton of road games. We could be easily selling off pieces by then especially if the KP/Hardaway aren't playing consistently.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#182 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Im all in on trading KOQ, Lee, and Kanter for assets. This fool Jeff is getting out of hand. He noticed KP was good and Jack helped get a few W's now he's all out Vet mode. FOH.

Billy trash on D but he should be playing to get better. Not Bease (1 year deal) KOQ (we know what he is). I pray Perry see's the BS and goes about this the right way. The fluke wins were due to KP with a Godly start and home court. We have 1 road win. 1.

Lee Career high 12.9 PPG shooting 49% FG 46% 3 93% from the line and 1.5 steals along with a career high 3 assist.

Kanter 14.3 PPG 10.7 RPG in 26 MPG with a career high 1.4 assist and best defense ive seen him play. Not to mention 64% from the field and 90% from the line.

KOQ giving you 6.4 PPG 6.4 RPG 2APG and 1.1 BPG. Another career year guy. PEr 36 thats 13.7 13.7 4.4 assist and 2.3 blocks.

These 3 guys can get you something!!! Yes I love the winning but we have to stop this half assed show now!!!! In Perry I trust.

i agree with all this but they're not going to do anything like this. they will fight for the 8th seed all year or until it looks impossible.

This is why the Knicks haven't won anything in decades and have only been to the finals once since then.

Knicks aren't one of the NBA's darling franchises who gets gifted everything. They have to bite the bullet and tank to draft more KP-like talent.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#183 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:

Pretty much. They want to keep KP happy with fake hustle.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#184 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:50 pm

K P 6 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

You can't blame a coach for trying to win.

When he's not playing the guys who is helping you win or making the right decisions yes I can. Frank and Lance should of been in the game to finish. Then the 1 quickest defenders in Dotson and Frank were not in the game for ball denial. We also fouled with a 4 second differential down 3. So tell me, how is he trying to win?

Frank was probably on a minutes restriction as he was coming back from an injury. Also Knicks were missing their two best scorers and you wanted Frank and Lance out there at same time? People are quick to shat on a coach without seeing whole picture.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
F N 11
RealGM

Post#185 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I don't disagree, but here to hoping they don't make too much headway over thes next two weeks. Because after that the end of december thru early feb schedule before all-star weekend is brutal, littered with a ton of road games. We could be easily selling off pieces by then especially if the KP/Hardaway aren't playing consistently.

The thing about this is guys who are playing well can look like trash by that time. We have to do the right thing. Not saying right now but we have to do the right thing.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#186 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:54 pm

Since when are the playoffs a bad thing? If you back in as an under .500 team they might be but if your depending heavily on your young core and you get in as a winning team that's great. The last time we went to the Finals we were an 8th seed, maybe we should have tanked that year.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#187 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:03 pm

Red Vines wrote:Since when are the playoffs a bad thing? If you back in as an under .500 team they might be but if your depending heavily on your young core and you get in as a winning team that's great. The last time we went to the Finals we were an 8th seed, maybe we should have tanked that year.

Listen man. The Jig is up. The talent around KP is not good enough to do much and a lot of guys can easily not be here next year.

Jack
Doug
KOQ
Kanter
Bease
Sessions

Can literally all be gone. Yet Frank cant see the floor for 30 minutes bc hes a rookie? Willy? Dotson (no plays ran for him last game) The team played well and we felt good about it. Just see the truth now before you cry tears of disappointment with all these road games coming up. This year was supposed to be about developing guys and not thinking about wins. ARE YOU SEEING THAT?

KP is better than the knicks organization thought so now they want a few fluke wins while halting development. Nah B.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#188 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:10 pm

god shammgod wrote:

Yeah, looks like it may be another season where we try to play the middle ground and end up with 30-35 wins and a mid/late lotto pick.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#189 » by PeoplesChamp » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:11 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Since when are the playoffs a bad thing? If you back in as an under .500 team they might be but if your depending heavily on your young core and you get in as a winning team that's great. The last time we went to the Finals we were an 8th seed, maybe we should have tanked that year.

Listen man. The Jig is up. The talent around KP is not good enough to do much and a lot of guys can easily not be here next year.

Jack
Doug
KOQ
Kanter
Bease
Sessions

Can literally all be gone. Yet Frank cant see the floor for 30 minutes bc hes a rookie? Willy? Dotson (no plays ran for him last game) The team played well and we felt good about it. Just see the truth now before you cry tears of disappointment with all these road games coming up. This year was supposed to be about developing guys and not thinking about wins. ARE YOU SEEING THAT?

KP is better than the knicks organization thought so now they want a few fluke wins while halting development. Nah B.

I can see that happening. A coach has such a short lease that I could see Hornacek practicing some self-preservation by winning some games. He's being asked to develop a team for a date he probably won't be around for.

It's up to the front office to set the bar for him and judge him off development and not wins. Maybe he's seeing something that says that's not the case.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#190 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:14 pm

K P 6 wrote:

Jack
Doug
KOQ
Kanter
Bease
Sessions

We're barely 1/4 into the season, what jig is up? Frank isn't just a rookie, he's the 2nd youngest player in the NBA, he's coming along. We've already seen KP + Kanter is one of the best frontcourts in the league and we have plenty of shooting around them when Lee, Tim, and Doug are all playing. I don't get the doom & gloom. If we're healthy we're not going on a long losing streak.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#191 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:16 pm

If they tanked..the Knicks would've stole..they sorely underachieved that season.

Could've added rookie Elton Brand, Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Lamar Odom, Andre Miller or Shawn Marion to an already talented group.

Wouldn't have complained. :dontknow: :lol:
F N 11
RealGM

Post#192 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:16 pm

Red Vines wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Jack
Doug
KOQ
Kanter
Bease
Sessions

We're barely 1/4 into the season, what jig is up? Frank isn't just a rookie, he's the 2nd youngest player in the NBA, he's coming along. We've already seen KP + Kanter is one of the best frontcourts in the league and we have plenty of shooting around them when Lee, Tim, and Doug are all playing. I don't get the doom & gloom. If we're healthy we're not going on a long losing streak.

We are not a good team. We have many glaring holes. Lets take the right approach. Player development and assets should be our main concern. Frank at 19 makes a difference but he's treated like a rookie while Bums like Jack who is old af on a 1 year deal gets to play with the starters. half assed rebuild and you know it. I know KP surprised us I get it. However we need to get these young guys better bc we wont have cap space and would be a treadmill team.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#193 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:23 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Listen man. The Jig is up. The talent around KP is not good enough to do much and a lot of guys can easily not be here next year.

Jack
Doug
KOQ
Kanter
Bease
Sessions

We are not a good team. We have many glaring holes. Lets take the right approach.

How many good teams are there in the league? How did they get there? You don't start out good, you start playing the right way, playing hard, developing chemistry, figuring out your strengths and weaknesses, that's the process we've finally started. Perry is trying to establish a professional culture and it's working. This is just the beginning I don't know why you would expect us to be real good right away.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#194 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:33 pm

Red Vines wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

We are not a good team. We have many glaring holes. Lets take the right approach.

How many good teams are there in the league? How did they get there? You don't start out good, you start playing the right way, playing hard, developing chemistry, figuring out your strengths and weaknesses, that's the process we've finally started. Perry is trying to establish a professional culture and it's working. This is just the beginning I don't know why you would expect us to be real good right away.

Knicks are playing hard and together I give them that. I'm not typing anymore about what should be happening.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#195 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:37 pm

Red Vines wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

Every good team in the NBA has previous top lottery picks as their core pieces, and in a majority of instances, they are home grown.

Knicks need talent. You don't get that with a faux "good" record by playing vets and landing the 9th seed outside of the playoffs.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#196 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:48 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Every good team in the NBA has previous top lottery picks as their core pieces, and in a majority of instances, they are home grown.

Knicks need talent. You don't get that with a faux "good" record by playing vets and landing the 9th seed outside of the playoffs.

We have lottery talent! And we have picks and vets to move to get more talent! What player in the top of this draft is worth throwing away an entire season, completely blowing everything up, on the chance you'll actually get the right spot in the draft and get that player and he'll make the total difference to our future? That's an insane strategy!
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#197 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:00 pm

Red Vines wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

We have lottery talent! And we have picks and vets to move to get more talent! What player in the top of this draft is worth throwing away an entire season, completely blowing everything up, on the chance you'll actually get the right spot in the draft and get that player and he'll make the total difference to our future? That's an insane strategy!

Ok..the Knicks have tried various "sane" strategies over and over and have ended up as the decades-long joke of the league. Would it hurt to try the alternative for ONE year or two?

Why is it every time a young star is on the trading block, the Knicks don't have assets to even be mentioned in the convo?

Why when there's other teams trading up in the draft, the Knicks cannot?

Yet the Knicks will have your much-ballyhooed vets, KOQ's and Courtney Lee's, putting up solid numbers(still leading to L's), and yet they STILL never have "assets" from other exec's standpoint..only Knicks fans? Those role-player vets are solid...but why don't rival GM's consider them assets when a young star is available?

What is considered an asset in today's NBA and why don't the Knicks ever have any(besides KP)?

The knicks needs assets and talent to become competitive. They need young talent and draft picks, which is money in the bank either way. These vets are slowing up the process.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#198 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
I think the tank is on.

Knicks were going to lose a ton in January anyway. Looks like they are taking the steps to not win unnecessary games in december like those other years.

or just being cautious with young players?

Or maybe extra cautious, Philly Style?

i can't mess with y'all. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#199 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:29 pm

ITGM wrote:Lance Thomas is the Jared Jeffries of 2017

Lots of players missed chippers last night, not just Lance. He played well for a good portion of the game and he helped turn the game back in our direction when we made a run to reduce Magic's 17 point lead

He was 4-11 from the field. Just like Melo! :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#200 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:32 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Yeah, looks like it may be another season where we try to play the middle ground and end up with 30-35 wins and a mid/late lotto pick.

We were arguably missing our 2 best players last night when we lost and now we have to trade everybody? :lol: You guys are a trip. We have 7 games coming up where we can do really well.

Return to New York Knicks