ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

How many wins for Giants and Jets? Options based on Over Unders

Jets 3
26%
Jets 4
11%
Jets 5
6%
Jets 6
5%
Jets 7
5%
Giants 7
9%
Giants 8
3%
Giants 9
5%
Giants 10
20%
Giants 11
11%

Total votes: 65

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets? 

Post#301 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:32 pm

I just don't believe Eli is THAT precious to Giants fans. To me the heart of every Giants Super Bowl has been their defense, they've neutralized some amazing offenses. Eli was always dependable and made some very fortunate plays happen but he's not Rodgers or Favre or Brady or his brother...he deserves proper respect but I'm just puzzled by the media crying about him like it's a human rights violation. It's football and a business.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#302 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:35 pm

Red Vines wrote:I just don't believe Eli is THAT precious to Giants fans. To me the heart of every Giants Super Bowl has been their defense, they've neutralized some amazing offenses. Eli was always dependable and made some very fortunate plays happen but he's not Rodgers or Favre or Brady or his brother...he deserves proper respect but I'm just puzzled by the media crying about him like it's a human rights violation. It's football and a business.

And the OWNER Just said in his press conference he really wants WINS these last few games. It's a different culture in the NFL. There is no way around it. Tanking only happens from either a coaching staff or Managment. I never heard of a either trying to purposely lose games. Also its not the media. A slew of NFL players current and former are slamming them for benching Eli like this.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#303 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:38 pm

magnumt wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Giants Receiving Corps isn't worse than the Jets. FOH with that ****. They're INJURED.

There's a difference.

--Mags :beer:

Well yeah but Geno, specifically, only had what they have now which is trash. Didn't look bad either actually. Obviously when fully healthy, OBJ makes the Giants have a top receiving corps in the league. Nobody arguing that.

Geno had the same access to their WR Corps before the injuries. He just never EARNED the starting spot to be deployed with them.

The guy is just inconsistent. Always has been. Shows flashes, but can never do it over a Season.

He also was coming back from a torn ACL in the preseason and rehabbed way ahead of schedule.

Are you implying Geno had any sort of chance to beat out Eli for the job preseason? Even if he did play better, the Giants were always going to give the job to a 2 time super bowl champ over Geno.

Geno is inconsistent but that's mainly due to stupid mistakes moreso than actual arm talent and accuracy. He's a consistent passer he just makes really bad errors at times.

McAdoo made the right call in my opinion but just didn't have the clout to pull this kind of move and he handled it all poorly on top of that. It's not like Eli was lighting the world on fire before the benching. In a lost season they have every right to see if either of their younger QBs have a future.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#304 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:43 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Red Vines wrote:I just don't believe Eli is THAT precious to Giants fans. To me the heart of every Giants Super Bowl has been their defense, they've neutralized some amazing offenses. Eli was always dependable and made some very fortunate plays happen but he's not Rodgers or Favre or Brady or his brother...he deserves proper respect but I'm just puzzled by the media crying about him like it's a human rights violation. It's football and a business.

And the OWNER Just said in his press conference he really wants WINS these last few games. It's a different culture in the NFL. There is no way around it. Tanking only happens from either a coaching staff or Managment. I never heard of a either trying to purposely lose games. Also its not the media. A slew of NFL players current and former are slamming them for benching Eli like this.

Nobody admits to tanking but when you have a bad team you don't pull out all stops to win games. Don't believe the owner. Fans realize this and they care more than the media. I know die hard Jets fans who wanted the team to tank this year before they showed promise. It's just not true that fans want to win every game no matter what. I want the Giants to tank!
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#305 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:46 pm

Red Vines wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Nobody admits to tanking but when you have a bad team you don't pull out all stops to win games. Don't believe the owner. Fans realize this and they care more than the media. I know die hard Jets fans who wanted the team to tank this year before they showed promise. It's just not true that fans want to win every game no matter what. I want the Giants to tank!

Well guess what? It dont matter what you want :lol:

Haven't you realized that. Its like asking the Knicks to tank...you can want it all you want, dont mean its going to happen.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#306 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Haven't you realized that. Its like asking the Knicks to tank...you can want it all you want, dont mean its going to happen.

I know I just think the discussion in the media has been completely one-sided, I know there has to be fans who were okay with sitting Eli--the owner, GM and coach signed off on it for a reason many agree with (tank).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,448

Post#307 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:08 pm

The Giants weren’t even tanking. McAdoo was coaching for his job and did everything he could to win. He is just a horrible communicator and head coach. Starting Geno was one last desperate move to save his job.

It is all a business, but players pay attention. It’s bad business to throw your franchise QB under the bus that won 2 superbowls, and handled everything with class. It was never going to be easy, but they really handled that one very poorly.

At least the Giants cleaned house.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#308 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:20 pm

Red Vines wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

I know I just think the discussion in the media has been completely one-sided, I know there has to be fans who were okay with sitting Eli--the owner, GM and coach signed off on it for a reason many agree with (tank).

of course, there are fans who want to tank I am not saying I want them to get hot, but like I said, wanting to tank is futile in the NFL, especially with Giants ownership. They did not sit Eli to tank. The reality is, you just have to hope you suck enough to lose. The giants can lose out simply cause they suck. It really needs no extra sauce
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,594

Post#309 » by Stannis » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:33 am

He is precious. For the last decade we had a QB who was capable of winning SBs. We went into drafts and free agencies not having to worry about getting a QB. That is a huge deal. It would have sucked having to go through QBs every couple of years and just keep hitting the reset button.

I agree that the defense was the heart of the team in the first Super Bowl. But Eli had an amazing post season. Everybody was ready to get rid of him and he shut them up. He is the perfect NY athlete.

Everybody gets fortunate plays. Let's not forget the Patriots and Brady winning another ring because the Seahawks opted for a slant play instead of running from the 1 yard line. Not to mention that team got caught cheating on multiple occasions.

It's just a shame because MacAdoo got to bench him and he just got fired for being a crappy coach. That's why the media and fans are "crying".
Free Palestine
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#310 » by Mecca » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:22 am

Giant fans acting like the sky is falling when in a few months they'll have their pickings of a new HC, GM and QB and a fresh build. Jets are mired in mediocrity with toilet Bowles.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,448

Post#311 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:32 am

Sums up the McAdoo era

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#312 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:22 am

I haven't watched giants games like that but has Eli really been that bad? His numbers are decent.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#313 » by GIMME_DATT » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:43 am

Reese set Eli up to fail. Offensive line is terrible
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#314 » by Sark » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:48 am

magnumt wrote:
Sark wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
Webb isn't ready yet and Geno is trash.

So is Eli.

Show some respect.

He got us two Rings as well as MULTIPLE Playoff appearances. He's NOT trash. He's just nearing the end of his career.

Excuse the Giants for trying to treat him right. Arguably the greatest QB the franchise ever had. :roll: This isn't Jim Dolan's Knicks.

That's nice and all, but what have you done for me lately?

The last time Eli won a playoff game, Lebron James was still ringless. Think about that for a second.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#315 » by Sark » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:27 am

Read on Twitter
Stannis
RealGM

Post#316 » by Stannis » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:28 am

Sark wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Sark wrote:
So is Eli.

Show some respect.

He got us two Rings as well as MULTIPLE Playoff appearances. He's NOT trash. He's just nearing the end of his career.

Excuse the Giants for trying to treat him right. Arguably the greatest QB the franchise ever had. :roll: This isn't Jim Dolan's Knicks.

That's nice and all, but what have you done for me lately?

The last time Eli won a playoff game, Lebron James was still ringless. Think about that for a second.

Just so happens that was the last time they had an ok oline (wasn't even that great) and run game. Other than Beckham Jr., there hasn't been any options on offense lately. And the o-line has been trash even though Reese invested signings in that department and also used high draft picks.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#317 » by Stannis » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:33 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:I haven't watched giants games like that but has Eli really been that bad? His numbers are decent.

Other than the 2013 season, he's been really solid. Not elite, but a very durable player who you can count on.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#318 » by Stannis » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:41 am

Cool thing about having a durable franchise QB is that you can go into off seasons and build up your true weaknesses. You don't have to worry about drafting a new QB, signing a QB. You don't get desperate and try 3 different QBs in a season trying to see if one of them is a gem.

This makes the GMs job much easier. But Reese failed. Of course Beckham is great, but there is no run game. The O line sucks despite the FO wasting valuable resources on them.
Free Palestine
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,612

Post#319 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:40 pm

Not a fan of the New York football teams, but I can never hate on anyone who beat up Tom Brady twice in the Super Bowl. Man, I was in Boston one of those games...sweet music to my ears.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#320 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:48 pm

I think Josh McDaniels is my early pick for coach.

Return to New York Knicks