ImageImageImageImageImage

KnickNews: Hardaway likely to miss extended time

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,097

Re: KnickNews: Hardaway likely to miss extended time 

Post#41 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:48 pm

Dotson is like Shump but who doesn't suck
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,799

Post#42 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Dotson is like Shump but who doesn't suck

Dr. Seuss presents The Shump That Could Shoot
ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#43 » by F N 11 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:09 pm

They do hide injuries. Howveer in this situation I think KP just had a bad sprain. Will take some time. Tim idk
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#44 » by DE FENSE » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:Ah yes, the classic Knicks-speak with trying to hide major injuries. Weird organization.

They're being weird about KP too. Is he hurt or not?

he obviously is. who doesn't travel because of "illness" ? like there's zero chance someone with the flu might feel better after a day or two.

Or they don't want anyone else to get sick if he's contagious? I know its a stretch, let's just stick with conspiracies instead. We love those around here don't we.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#45 » by tleikheen » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:22 pm

Opportunity awaits who has worked on their game and conditioning all summer ,McDermott now has his chance.

Hernangomez didn't and I wouldn't doubt Noah gets his opportunity before WHG does.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,799

Post#46 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:45 pm

It could be the Rage Virus from 50 Days Later

Can't be too careful
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,360

Post#47 » by god shammgod » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:47 pm

DE FENSE wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
They're being weird about KP too. Is he hurt or not?

he obviously is. who doesn't travel because of "illness" ? like there's zero chance someone with the flu might feel better after a day or two.

Or they don't want anyone else to get sick if he's contagious? I know its a stretch, let's just stick with conspiracies instead. We love those around here don't we.

he probably is sick too but i don't think that's why he's not playing. he was at msg yesterday being evaluated. for what ? they're evaluating the flu ?

Read on Twitter

and then

Read on Twitter
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#48 » by xNewYorkMadex » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:57 pm

Sucks if he out for months.

Wanted to see more of him. Dont think hes capable of being a 2nd option on a upper echelon team, but its possible he could become a 3rd option with the right approach and IQ. Wanted to see a bigger sample size this year.

Hate to say it, but could be a blessing in disguise though. Timmy definitely is capable of helping us get W's, him being out could help with the tank.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#49 » by Red Vines » Mon Dec 4, 2017 11:00 pm

Medical team acting shady as usual.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#50 » by IAmTheBest » Mon Dec 4, 2017 11:16 pm

Red Vines wrote:Medical team acting shady as usual.

They are doing the right things.

KP is out because of his ankle. Nobody returns from that kind of injury that soon, unless you want to play with fire.

any medical team worth its salt follows proper protocol when dealing with basketball injuries and sprained ankles. That is, evaluation on an interval basis, which is presumably why KP is listed as day-to-day. Assuming the imagining is negative, which is is in KP's case, there are basically a bunch of tests you do to evaluate whether an athlete is fit to return to play. On top of basic physical exam, they test things like range of motion, balance, stability, strength, and other functional, mechanical, and even psychomotor functions.

Hardaway just needs rest. The reason the Knicks dont know the timetable for return is probably because you cannot make the diagnosis based on one MRI study if the injury is still in the early stages. "stress reaction" and "stress fracture" are just informal terms. In reality, the both are part of a spectrum of disease process known as chronic stress injury of the bone.

I'm not an orthopedic surgeon or radiologist, but the fact that they still dont know the timetable of return is probably a good sign - if it there was frank bone structure deformity they wouldve seen it on the MRI (assuming the Knicks doctors a competent and ordered one) or at least a bone callus. Even if hardaway did have what is known as a "stress fracture" he'd still be fine in the long run assuming he rests.

The only questionable thing they did, imo, was letting hardaway play so long with lower extremity pain. Hardaway has been complaining and grimacing for a while now, and hornacek even brought up "plantar fasciitis" That warrants investigation imo. Especially if they were suspecting something chronic like plantar fasciitis. It possibly couldve contributed to the stress injury hardaway has. who knows.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,360

Post#51 » by god shammgod » Mon Dec 4, 2017 11:39 pm

i don't think anyone thinks kp should be playing if hurt. by all means, sit him if there's the slightest hint of anything wrong. this has nothing to do with the medical department in my opinion. it's probably msg policy to be coy about injuries so people still show up or tune in for the games. they're probably right to do this. no kp and not much reason to watch. it's just like janis told them, nobody really cares much about anyone else.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,471

Post#52 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:09 am

god shammgod wrote:i don't think anyone thinks kp should be playing if hurt. by all means, sit him if there's the slightest hint of anything wrong. this has nothing to the medical department in my opinion. it's probably msg policy to be coy about injuries so people still show up or tune in for the games. they're probably right to do this. no kp and not much reason to watch. it's just like janis told them, nobody really cares much about anyone else.

And1 solely for JWO proliferation.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,346

Post#53 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:49 am

god shammgod wrote:i don't think anyone thinks kp should be playing if hurt. by all means, sit him if there's the slightest hint of anything wrong. this has nothing to do with the medical department in my opinion. it's probably msg policy to be coy about injuries so people still show up or tune in for the games. they're probably right to do this. no kp and not much reason to watch. it's just like janis told them, nobody really cares much about anyone else.

I think you meant to say “it’s just like the almighty Janis told them”

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#54 » by blanko » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:01 am

Time for the young guys to step up
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#55 » by Red Vines » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:12 pm

Why can't the team at least say if Tim's shin is not broken or fractured? Basic stuff. How about some info for fans trying to decide whether to buy tickets or go to games? The secrecy is a little ridiculous.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#56 » by Adelheid » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:24 pm

Red Vines wrote:Why can't the team at least say if Tim's shin is not broken or fractured? Basic stuff. How about some info for fans trying to decide whether to buy tickets or go to games? The secrecy is a little ridiculous.

Our big-time players might be on a red-shirt status, but that's just me wearing a tinfoil hat.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#57 » by Reign23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:43 pm

hope we play dot and baker a lot of minutes at the 2 spot. and please trade lee for an expiring and 1-2 second round picks. we need cap space and a good draft pick man.
formerly known as knickst4pe
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,571

Post#58 » by knuckles862 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:45 pm

Give me tank or give me death
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#59 » by Bill Pidto » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:23 pm

Red Vines wrote:Why can't the team at least say if Tim's shin is not broken or fractured? Basic stuff. How about some info for fans trying to decide whether to buy tickets or go to games? The secrecy is a little ridiculous.

You're right. This is very alarming!!
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#60 » by Red Vines » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Start Doug now. Dotson is not ready.

Return to New York Knicks