ImageImageImageImageImage

Damyean Dotson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Re: Damyean Dotson 

Post#21 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:13 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
el13adnino wrote:shumpert 2.0

Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...

Shumpert was an INCREDIBLE defender before he got hurt. Does anyone remember him in the playoffs before he got hurt? Him getting hurt, ended everything for us. He was so intense on defense. He totally took the pg out. After that injury, was just not the same. He had the long arms, but not the quick feet.

Remember Landry Fields? Same thing, it was an injury to his shooting elbow (I think). He played that good in college, he was a really nice player. He was playing great for us, then after that injury, he just died, was sad. I don't think he was playing above his head at all. He just suffered a weird injury.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#22 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:17 pm

Meh. Lance Stephenson was going easy on him, unlike Frank Ntilikina where Lance was trying to humiliate him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,147

Post#23 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:23 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:

Which minus the injuries could be a very valuable Player down the road... especially at a low cost...

Shumpert was an INCREDIBLE defender before he got hurt. Does anyone remember him in the playoffs before he got hurt? Him getting hurt, ended everything for us. He was so intense on defense. He totally took the pg out. After that injury, was just not the same. He had the long arms, but not the quick feet.

Remember Landry Fields? Same thing, it was an injury to his shooting elbow (I think). He played that good in college, he was a really nice player. He was playing great for us, then after that injury, he just died, was sad. I don't think he was playing above his head at all. He just suffered a weird injury.

Landry Fields crapped out because no more D'Antoni, who played a system that played to his strengths - uptempo and ball movement.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#24 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:52 pm

Frank Melton Baker
Dotson THJ
Doncic MCD
KP
Noel WHG KOQ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#25 » by rajajackal » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:06 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Frank Melton Baker
Dotson THJ
Doncic MCD
KP
Noel WHG KOQ

i've got eyes on noel too
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#26 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:12 pm

Needs to add some strength to comfortably hit the NBA 3. Doesnt seem like hes used to the nba range, but not surprising being a rookie.

Definitely need an elite playmaker who can attack the rim and kick it out to him from 3. Thats going to be the best way to use him offensively.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#27 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:14 pm

Dotson can actually shoot and hopefully he doesn't have Schumperts scissor hands when it comes to finishing.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#28 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:16 pm

Is it just me or does Dotson have an old school vibe to him? Lol even his haircut and just overall demeanor.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:30 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:

Dotson's a better shooter.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#30 » by AllanHoustonFan » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:38 pm

He will be a nice role player in this league. I don't see the Shumpert thing though.
#MKGA
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#31 » by TheBigBoss » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:42 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Dotson can actually shoot and hopefully he doesn't have Schumperts scissor hands when it comes to finishing.

:lol: I need a photoshopped pic of that asap somebody
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#32 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:03 pm

Greenie wrote:Dotson is nothing like Iman. At all.

He’s more Powell like.

Shump is a bad comp for sure. His jumper is water. Probably doesn't have the overall athleticism that Shumpert did but has a high overall skill level.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#33 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:

Landry Fields crapped out because no more D'Antoni, who played a system that played to his strengths - uptempo and ball movement.

Nah, Landry Fields was a star in college, and for more than the system. He does like team ball, but he had what amounted to a career ending injury. You don't fall all a cliff with shooting so easily (and I am including college). The injury is documented, so I'm not making anything up. And Landry could have just tried a team he fit on better - guys shot was done. (Could have been psychological for sure, but the elbow thing really got him imo.) He was becoming one of those sort of special players (not needing the ball to help, playing really smart, etc.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#34 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Greenie wrote:Dotson is nothing like Iman. At all.

He’s more Powell like.

Shump is a bad comp for sure. His jumper is water. Probably doesn't have the overall athleticism that Shumpert did but has a high overall skill level.

They keep insulting DDot.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#35 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:30 pm

Dotson does not have the NBA ready body that Shumpert had when he was a rookie. However, every other part of his game seems superior. Dotson is the better ball handler, shooter, and finisher. Shumpert honestly doesn't belong in the league anymore so it's not incredibly high praise. I'd love to see Frank and Dotson paired with Lance, KP and Noah just for morbid curiosity.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#36 » by DrKnick » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:39 pm

Like him. Though looks scrawny.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:00 pm

I lobby for the Knickname "280z"

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#38 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:10 pm

What are you guys talking about?

Dotson is muscular. He has a smaller waist and broad shoulders so he has a bit of a wedge type physique and is quite strong.

He is physically developed and not frail and will fill out a little bit more perhaps.
ImageImageImage
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#39 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:44 am

i think he should work with allan houston with his range but his shot doen't need lot work . He just needs to be little more polished offensively i see him as nick young without the craziness .
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#40 » by RHODEY » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:25 am

CharlesOakley wrote:Dotson does not have the NBA ready body that Shumpert had when he was a rookie. However, every other part of his game seems superior. Dotson is the better ball handler, shooter, and finisher. Shumpert honestly doesn't belong in the league anymore so it's not incredibly high praise. I'd love to see Frank and Dotson paired with Lance, KP and Noah just for morbid curiosity.

I love to see Lance left out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean paired with a very heavy anchor ...kidding ...kinda :o

Return to New York Knicks