ImageImageImageImageImage

When will Burke get called up?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Re: When will Burke get called up? 

Post#41 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Zingod wrote:He's a chucker who can't defend or pass. Perfect for tank

Right now outside of his defense (that's still questionable on screens) he's what the PG position is in the NBA. He can put a ton of pressure on defenses with his penetration. He's collapsing the defense and he's finding open shooter and cutters or getting layups(which he's finishing much better than at the beginning of his career) and he's shooting the 3 ball at a high clip. Add that to the fact that his mid range pull has always been deadly as well as he's always been strong out of the PNR and he should be ahead of Jack, Ntilikina, and Sessions at this moment.

Even if anybody thinks Jack is the better player(I think Burke is significantly better right now) 25 puts him on a much better time line with where the Knicks are as a team.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#42 » by dakomish23 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Not that he’s anything great, but why don’t we give him a shot over Sessions? You never know who does well in your particular situation
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#43 » by taj2133 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 pm

honestly wouldn't hurt give him shot
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#44 » by reub » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Red Vines wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I don't think Burke really fills a need though...

I do actually. He can really push the ball, better scorer than Jack, more athletic than either.

I like Frank but he's not a score yet. Jack and Sessions are close to zeros on both sides of the ball and they don't do much for our future (except mentor Frank). Burke is a better scorer than all of them so we won't be a total zero on offense at point guard. Plus he penetrates better than all of them and is a team leader. It's a no brainer to me that he should replace Sessions at this point on the team and probably replace Jack as the starter.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#45 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:

Right now outside of his defense (that's still questionable on screens) he's what the PG position is in the NBA. He can put a ton of pressure on defenses with his penetration. He's collapsing the defense and he's finding open shooter and cutters or getting layups(which he's finishing much better than at the beginning of his career) and he's shooting the 3 ball at a high clip. Add that to the fact that his mid range pull has always been deadly as well as he's always been strong out of the PNR and he should be ahead of Jack, Ntilikina, and Sessions at this moment.

Even if anybody thinks Jack is the better player(I think Burke is significantly better right now) 25 puts him on a much better time line with where the Knicks are as a team.

You've been posting this same stuff on every team board since Trey was drafted. If this was all true, how do you suppose Trey ended up where he is now?

Trey is not an NBA level player. He is wasting his time trying to stick around in the league. He could have a nice career over in China if he would just accept his reality. His reality is that he's a liability defensively, and not good enough offensively to make up for it. You can argue all those points you want about how he's so good at this and that, but at the end of the day, you've been wrong for years in your assessment of Trey Burke, and you no longer have Utah's coach to blame for Trey's shortcomings.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#46 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

You've been posting this same stuff on every team board since Trey was drafted. If this was all true, how do you suppose Trey ended up where he is now?

Trey is not an NBA level player. He is wasting his time trying to stick around in the league. He could have a nice career over in China if he would just accept his reality. His reality is that he's a liability defensively, and not good enough offensively to make up for it. You can argue all those points you want about how he's so good at this and that, but at the end of the day, you've been wrong for years in your assessment of Trey Burke, and you no longer have Utah's coach to blame for Trey's shortcomings.

I just started on real GM last season.

Now as far as Trey being where he is there are a multitude of reasons why Burke is in the G league. Some of it his on play some of it circumstances beyond his control. He still shot 46% for the floor and 44% from 3pt range last year with the Wizards as part of a terrible bench unit. Jennings nor Frazier has out performed Burke with better talent around them.

None of what you posted disputes anything in my post you quoted.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#47 » by denterprise » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am

taj2133 wrote:honestly wouldn't hurt give him shot

Since we are a rebuilding team we need look at anyone that could help us.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#48 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:45 pm

So far Burke is averaging 25pt 6ast 1.8stl on 51fg% 45%3pt.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by reub » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:45 am

Last night Burke scored 39 points and made 6 of 7 three pointers. He was a plus 29 for the game. If we don't call him up somebody else will.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#50 » by DrKnick » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:20 am

Man...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#51 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:22 am

reub wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I don't think Burke really fills a need though...

I do actually. He can really push the ball, better scorer than Jack, more athletic than either.

I like Frank but he's not a score yet. Jack and Sessions are close to zeros on both sides of the ball and they don't do much for our future (except mentor Frank). Burke is a better scorer than all of them so we won't be a total zero on offense at point guard. Plus he penetrates better than all of them and is a team leader. It's a no brainer to me that he should replace Sessions at this point on the team and probably replace Jack as the starter.

If they bring up Burke, then it probably means that Jack is gone and not Sessions because Sessions has the guaranteed contract. Which is probably why they haven't brought him up. Maybe we're looking to trade either Sessions or Jack before we bring up Burke.

In other words, I have no idea what we're doing. :lol:
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by reub » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:42 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

If they bring up Burke, then it probably means that Jack is gone and not Sessions because Sessions has the guaranteed contract. Which is probably why they haven't brought him up. Maybe we're looking to trade either Sessions or Jack before we bring up Burke.

I'd hate to watch Burke get picked up by another team and then become another Kyle Lowry. Burke fits with our timeline and the other two don't.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#53 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:05 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

I'd hate to watch Burke get picked up by another team and then become another Kyle Lowry. Burke fits with our timeline and the other two don't.

Yeah, I mean, I don't know why he's still there. I like Jack better than Sessions, so I'd hate to see him get cut. Maybe he can come up with a bad back for 10 games? :D
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#54 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:21 am

I say lets go after cj mccollum more sooner than later that back court of him damian lillard has failed two undersized point guards in there starting line up one of them has too go. The best did with that team was to beat injured clipper team 2 years ago there moment together is done they are treadmill team and should be stocking up on draft picks build right damian lilard there is no place for cj mccollum on that team. Portland is trending down right now there on losing streak and it could get lot worse for them very quickly and if does lets go for cj mccollum.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#55 » by Garbagelo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:24 am

Lets bring up another mediocre PG so we can push Frank further back on the depth chart.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#56 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:27 am

He's been in the NBA for a few years hasn't he? D League stats are nice and all but, it's D League. I'm all for cutting one of Sessions and Jack for him though. Preferably Sessions. I don't care about his gtd money. It's pennies. It is already wasted money. Maybe a young guy earning minutes in front of Frank will light a fire under him.
:beer: RIP mags
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#57 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:34 am

Garbagelo wrote:Lets bring up another mediocre PG so we can push Frank further back on the depth chart.

Why would calling up Burke push Ntilikina down the chart? Trey would replace Jarrett. Ramon would be the acting mentor to Frank. Or vice versa.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#58 » by el13adnino » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:52 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

i dont think burke can get signed by another team, we own his rights ... and become another kyle lowry? this aint dragon ball z, your not transforming burke into lowry
:crazy:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#59 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 12:34 pm

el13adnino wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

i dont think burke can get signed by another team, we own his rights ... and become another kyle lowry? this aint dragon ball z, your not transforming burke into lowry

We have his D League rights. Any team can sign him. The Kyle Lowry part? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#60 » by Red Vines » Wed Dec 6, 2017 1:21 pm

His agent must've told other teams he's going to be a Knick because he's had interest for sure.

Return to New York Knicks