ImageImageImageImageImage

When will Burke get called up?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Re: When will Burke get called up? 

Post#61 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Dec 6, 2017 1:32 pm

el13adnino wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
If they bring up Burke, then it probably means that Jack is gone and not Sessions because Sessions has the guaranteed contract. Which is probably why they haven't brought him up. Maybe we're looking to trade either Sessions or Jack before we bring up Burke.

In other words, I have no idea what we're doing. :lol:

I'd hate to watch Burke get picked up by another team and then become another Kyle Lowry. Burke fits with our timeline and the other two don't.

i dont think burke can get signed by another team, we own his rights ... and become another kyle lowry? this aint dragon ball z, your not transforming burke into lowry

If after the 1st 4 years of Kyle Lowry's or Steve Nash's respective careers people would have told you they would be what they are/were now you would have probably have said the very samething about guys transforming. The odds are against Burke transforming into Lowry let alone Nash, but up to this point there's little more you could ask of him at the G league level.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#62 » by j4remi » Wed Dec 6, 2017 1:49 pm

If it means not having to watch Sessions again, I'm with it. Dude doesn't have anything left and Burke can't be much worse than that.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#63 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Dec 6, 2017 2:39 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
el13adnino wrote:
reub wrote:
I'd hate to watch Burke get picked up by another team and then become another Kyle Lowry. Burke fits with our timeline and the other two don't.

i dont think burke can get signed by another team, we own his rights ... and become another kyle lowry? this aint dragon ball z, your not transforming burke into lowry

If after the 1st 4 years of Kyle Lowry's or Steve Nash's respective careers people would have told you they would be what they are/were now you would have probably have said the very samething about guys transforming. The odds are against Burke transforming into Lowry let alone Nash, but up to this point there's little more you could ask of him at the G league level.

I happened to have watched a decent amount of Steve Nash playing with the Mavs early in his career and PRAYED that the Knicks could pry this under used, but clearly good guard away from them.

I don't think Burke looks quite as good as early Nash. But I get the point. Why not? It's not like Sessions offers that much.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,955

Post#64 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Dec 6, 2017 2:42 pm

he's probably hanging around until trade/tank season begins.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#65 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Dec 6, 2017 2:45 pm

Y'all crazy
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#66 » by Red Vines » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:14 pm

Jeff knows the deal, he said after last game we don't get enough threes or drive & kick plays...tick tock tick tock...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,955

Post#67 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:19 pm

Red Vines wrote:Jeff knows the deal, he said after last game we don't get enough threes or drive & kick plays...tick tock tick tock...

love jarrett jack with all my heart, but dude looking cooked. had a spark when he started... :cry:

jack should be on the roster and maybe playing as much as noah at this point. and sessions is flat-out ineffective. one of those spots should be up-for-grabs soon. hoping it's sessions. he got his bag. should be all love. go find a rotation to get into.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#68 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:23 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
el13adnino wrote:i dont think burke can get signed by another team, we own his rights ... and become another kyle lowry? this aint dragon ball z, your not transforming burke into lowry

I happened to have watched a decent amount of Steve Nash playing with the Mavs early in his career and PRAYED that the Knicks could pry this under used, but clearly good guard away from them.

I don't think Burke looks quite as good as early Nash. But I get the point. Why not? It's not like Sessions offers that much.

Nash is certainly a huge stretch. Steve was always an efficient 3pt shooter and the vision and playmaker was always there despite not having the raw numbers. But as you mentioned and the point I'm making is at this point if you're Mills and Perry what do you have to lose? Jack has certainly been better than what I would think most would have expected after dealing with a major injury, but he's still pretty anemic scoring wise and defensively plus he's 34. Sessions is only there because he has the guaranteed contract. If you were to let either go (especially Sessions) to make room for Burke even if Trey was awful I don't see how it hurts the team one bit at this stage of development outside of the salary lost.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#69 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:37 pm

like said earlier it time get cj mccloum from portland the blazers are trending down right now there season could be over this month the time to strike is right now and grab him.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#70 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:45 pm

taj2133 wrote:like said earlier it time get cj mccloum from portland the blazers are trending down right now there season could be over this month the time to strike is right now and grab him.

You giving up multiple firsts? because that's what it's going to take...
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#71 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:46 pm

I know Burke has mostly sucked since he's been in the league but he would help with our shot creation issues. Wouldn't hurt to take a flier on a 10 day.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#72 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:50 pm

The idea of Sessions as a mentor was a horrible one from the start. He's a career backup who is on his 8th team in 11 years, has only twice been on a team with a winning record, and has a career winning percentage of just .346. He was never a particularly good or winning player, and he's complete garbage now. There is pretty much no reason to have him on this team.

It's kind of mind-blowing that Sessions is actually the same age as Kyle Lowry, and is a full 3 years younger than Jack, who has been outplaying him all season.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#73 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:59 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:like said earlier it time get cj mccloum from portland the blazers are trending down right now there season could be over this month the time to strike is right now and grab him.

You could be right about that but i think since is contract is so large i think would take 1 first round player and young player maybe willy and few other players. His value is low right now and even the portland fans think is value is low right now and would almost take anything for him to get out of that contract. We are a very desperate team for a point guard right now and even take him would be worth the risk he is 26 years old.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#74 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:10 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

You could be right about that but i think since is contract is so large i think would take 1 first round player and young player maybe willy and few other players. His value is low right now and even the portland fans think is value is low right now and would almost take anything for him to get out of that contract. We are a very desperate team for a point guard right now and even take him would be worth the risk he is 26 years old.

You're insane if you think all it's going to take is a first round player and a young player. If that's all it took, he wouldn't be in Portland anymore.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#75 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:16 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

You're insane if you think all it's going to take is a first round player and a young player. If that's all it took, he wouldn't be in Portland anymore.

Be real for minute they are trending down they have 2 point guard in starting line up that team is trending down right now and everybody knows his value isn't that high right now because of his contract if they could get out for salary relief they would do it in heartbeat and that team is going no where right now. Quite frankly the portland trailblaizers are little overrated and there time is up and need to rebuild that team can't compete with the top teams in west and it shows.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#76 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:18 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,565

Post#77 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:22 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:You could be right about that but i think since is contract is so large i think would take 1 first round player and young player maybe willy and few other players. His value is low right now and even the portland fans think is value is low right now and would almost take anything for him to get out of that contract. We are a very desperate team for a point guard right now and even take him would be worth the risk he is 26 years old.

Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#78 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:23 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:You could be right about that but i think since is contract is so large i think would take 1 first round player and young player maybe willy and few other players. His value is low right now and even the portland fans think is value is low right now and would almost take anything for him to get out of that contract. We are a very desperate team for a point guard right now and even take him would be worth the risk he is 26 years old.

Be real for minute they are trending down they have 2 point guard in starting line up that team is trending down right now and everybody knows his value isn't that high right now because of his contract if they could get out for salary relief they would do it in heartbeat and that team is going no where right now. Quite frankly the portland trailblaizers are little overrated and there time is up and need to rebuild that team can't compete with the top teams in west and it shows.

Again, you're insane if you think that Portland will only need to be offered a first round player and a young player to get CJ. He's an elite shooter / scorer who has shown he can play PG when Dame has gone down in the past. It's interesting you think they're overrated, when nobody thinks they're really above a mid-tier team in the west. They're too good even without CJ to bottom out and this idea that teams in the 4-6 range need to tank is absurd.

taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

"Almost anything" is probably wrong, and I'm not going to their board because honestly I simply don't want to. But, even if that were true, teams would be willing to offer way more than the offer you came up with and, if your absurd proposal actually was somewhat likely (even if it was the outlines of a deal), CJ would have been gone long ago.

Anyways, I'm done here.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#79 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:26 pm

Do you understand how much it would take for us to get CJ. McCollum from Port?? It would be a hell of a lot in draft picks and a young player or two. I love CJ and would love to get him but i don't think Port would trade him and if they did, i'm not sure we would spend what it would take in assets to get him. It's not really a great idea for a team that's trying to rebuild to trade away as many valuable picks as it would take to get CJ.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#80 » by el13adnino » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:30 pm

lol at taj2133 ... your living in your own world
:crazy:

Return to New York Knicks