ImageImageImageImageImage

When will Burke get called up?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Re: When will Burke get called up? 

Post#81 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:32 pm

It would be more like:

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#82 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:35 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
You're insane if you think all it's going to take is a first round player and a young player. If that's all it took, he wouldn't be in Portland anymore.

Be real for minute they are trending down they have 2 point guard in starting line up that team is trending down right now and everybody knows his value isn't that high right now because of his contract if they could get out for salary relief they would do it in heartbeat and that team is going no where right now. Quite frankly the portland trailblaizers are little overrated and there time is up and need to rebuild that team can't compete with the top teams in west and it shows.

Again, you're insane if you think that Portland will only need to be offered a first round player and a young player to get CJ. He's an elite shooter / scorer who has shown he can play PG when Dame has gone down in the past. It's interesting you think they're overrated, when nobody thinks they're really above a mid-tier team in the west. They're too good even without CJ to bottom out and this idea that teams in the 4-6 range need to tank is absurd.

taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
You're insane if you think all it's going to take is a first round player and a young player. If that's all it took, he wouldn't be in Portland anymore.

Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.

"Almost anything" is probably wrong, and I'm not going to their board because honestly I simply don't want to. But, even if that were true, teams would be willing to offer way more than the offer you came up with and, if your absurd proposal actually was somewhat likely (even if it was the outlines of a deal), CJ would have been gone long ago.

Anyways, I'm done here.

Ok your entitled to your opinion
taj2133
General Manager

Post#83 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:37 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
taj2133 wrote:like said earlier it time get cj mccloum from portland the blazers are trending down right now there season could be over this month the time to strike is right now and grab him.

Do you understand how much it would take for us to get CJ. McCollum from Port?? It would be a hell of a lot in draft picks and a young player or two. I love CJ and would love to get him but i don't think Port would trade him and if they did, i'm not sure we would spend what it would take in assets to get him. It's not really a great idea for a team that's trying to rebuild to trade away as many valuable picks as it would take to get CJ.

I complete understand it would take good offer for them but they also want cap relief also
taj2133
General Manager

Post#84 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:39 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:It would be more like:

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee

They would want young players and cap relief they wouldn't want courtney lee wouldn't fit the bill
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#85 » by Jay10 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:51 pm

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee

When did the Knicks rehire Donnie Walsh?

When did CJ become the second coming? :lol:

I don't mean to break it to folks, but CJ isn't worth that much to any team.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#86 » by Sark » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:01 pm

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee

For who? Anthony Davis?
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#87 » by Jay10 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:04 pm

Sark wrote:

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee

For who? Anthony Davis?

:lol:
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#88 » by reub » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey, start a new CJ McCollum thread and let the Trey Burke thread live on it's own.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#89 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:41 pm

Jay10 wrote:

Two 1st round picks
Willy
Frank
C.Lee

When did the Knicks rehire Donnie Walsh?

When did CJ become the second coming? :lol:

I don't mean to break it to folks, but CJ isn't worth that much to any team.

You might not like it or might not realize how good CJ is but he's worth what i mentioned and if not then it will be really close to that and he's good....really good and if he wasn't playing in the shadows (somewhat) of Lilliard he'd be showing more.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#90 » by GONYK » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:16 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:You could be right about that but i think since is contract is so large i think would take 1 first round player and young player maybe willy and few other players. His value is low right now and even the portland fans think is value is low right now and would almost take anything for him to get out of that contract. We are a very desperate team for a point guard right now and even take him would be worth the risk he is 26 years old.

Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.

Unless the Portland message board is comprised entirely of their front office, nobody should care that the Portland message board says.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#91 » by j4remi » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:22 pm

GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.

Unless the Portland message board is comprised entirely of their front office, nobody should care that the Portland message board says.

Trade board >>> team boards for player trade values...less emotional connection to moving pieces.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
taj2133
General Manager

Post#92 » by taj2133 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:23 pm

GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

On there board they don't like there general manger neil olshey they want him out and they don't like there roster they have right now i was on there board yesterday so i kind of know what has been said over there.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,435

Post#93 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:27 pm

Garbagelo wrote:Lets bring up another mediocre PG so we can push Frank further back on the depth chart.

Nah, Frank still gets his minutes. Jack or Sessions would have to come up with an injury for 10 games.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#94 » by GONYK » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:29 pm

taj2133 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:Go to portland message board they want to blow there team up they know they can't compete in the west and they want cj to be gone for almost anything.

On there board they don't like there general manger neil olshey they want him out and they don't like there roster they have right now i was on there board yesterday so i kind of know what has been said over there.

Who cares? They don't make decisions for the team.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#95 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:Lets bring up another mediocre PG so we can push Frank further back on the depth chart.

Nah, Frank still gets his minutes. Jack or Sessions would have to come up with an injury for 10 games.

No...Jack or Sessions would have to be cut. Burke is on a D League deal. If another NBA team wants...they can sign him. If we want him to play we have to create a roster spot to do as so. Only Hicks/Kornet can play here due to injury or whatever. They are on 2 way deals.
:beer: RIP mags
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#96 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:58 pm

Trey Burke is this year's Chasson Randle.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#97 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:16 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Trey Burke is this year's Chasson Randle.

Undrafted fa vs lottery player
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#98 » by eagle54 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:27 pm

lottery player in Gleague now after be fired by 2 NBA teams.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#99 » by DOT » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:32 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:

Undrafted fa vs lottery player

This year's Tony Wroten
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#100 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:43 pm

Or this year's Jeremy Lin who knows. Not sure how either way it's a bad idea to put him in a NYK uniform sooner rather than later no?

Return to New York Knicks