ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball / Draft Thread (2)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you want if we get end up with a mid lottery pick?

Kevin Knox
19%
Miles Bridges
25%
Hamidou Diallo
6%
Troy Brown Jr
4%
Isaac Bonga
4%
Mikal Bridges
13%
Robert Williams
4%
Collin Sexton
7%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
4%
Rui Hachimura
14%

Total votes: 112

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: College Basketball / Draft Thread (2) 

Post#1781 » by Mecca » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:I was at the Rutgers game last night. Miles Bridges is the best MSU player I've ever witnessed sans maybe Gary Harris. Exceptional athlete. Strap coming along.

lmaooo, I know MIkal is the flavor of the month right now. I been type busy so I haven't seen Nova live yet. Def on my list to watch tho.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#1782 » by GONYK » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:24 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Underselling him bigtime, IMO. I'm going with Khris Middleton.

Great comparison.

Thanks, dude.

The scary thing to me about Bridges is that he's improved every single year since being in the league, and has taken a MASSIVE step on offense this year while remaining the top perimeter defender in college basketball.

Before the knee injury, Khris took a big jump between freshman and soph year, but he was also the #1 option in a different type of system so it was in some ways forced - Nova is way more team oriented, with a better coach and talent surrounding him. Bridges' improvement is coming fluidly playing within the same team concept.

Given Bridges' improvement on a year to year basis, similar to Middleton in college (pre-knee injury) and in pros, I think he'll end up becoming a good off ball creator as well - I know this involves some projection on my part...however, Bridges has the smarts /BBIQ to do it, and absolutely has the work ethic. It's only a matter of time before he's a top tier two-way player in the NBA.

Nailed it.

I've seen every game of the kid's career at Nova. The strides he makes from year to year aren't subtle. He has added an impact dimension each year.

I don't know if I think he will ever be a top flight scorer in the NBA, but I definitely see a two-way star giving you 18 a night with great defense.

He's so long that he gets in the passing lanes without compromising his defensive positioning, and he has a really good sense of challenging with verticality, which are two things I know Wright has been drilling Bridges on to prepare him for the NBA.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1783 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:25 pm

2010 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
Great comparison.

Thanks, dude.

The scary thing to me about Bridges is that he's improved every single year since being in the league, and has taken a MASSIVE step on offense this year while remaining the top perimeter defender in college basketball.

Before the knee injury, Khris took a big jump between freshman and soph year, but he was also the #1 option in a different type of system so it was in some ways forced - Nova is way more team oriented, with a better coach and talent surrounding him. Bridges' improvement is coming fluidly playing within the same team concept.

Given Bridges' improvement on a year to year basis, similar to Middleton in college (pre-knee injury) and in pros, I think he'll end up becoming a good off ball creator as well - I know this involves some projection on my part...however, Bridges has the smarts /BBIQ to do it, and absolutely has the work ethic. It's only a matter of time before he's a top tier two-way player in the NBA.

I'm giving you your props. You put me on to Mikal Bridges.

but...

...your other guy (Robert Williams) looking suspect on offense like he didn't improve at all.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of Robert Williams this year. :-? Getting harder to watch as many games as I used to + Knicks games. I'm being selective with the guys I watch because of the time constraints. Full highlights (good and bad) are nice and I watch them on youtube, but that's not enough. Ah well...

ANYWAYS...

My entire thing on Williams though was predicated on him improving on offense. I loved him because of his potential fit going forward with KP on both ends if he developed on offense. From the little I've seen, the defense is still there...but if you are correct in saying his offense hasn't looked good at all (which I believe), that's concerning. Either he simply can't put practice to game, or he hasn't been practicing enough. Might end up following that Tyrus Thomas route, which would be sad.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1784 » by E-Balla » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:51 pm

I like Bridges but I'm just not seeing Kawhi. Porter is a good comp. I'm thinking more what we thought Wes Johnson was.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#1785 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:58 pm

Mecca wrote:I was at the Rutgers game last night. Miles Bridges is the best MSU player I've ever witnessed sans maybe Gary Harris. Exceptional athlete. Strap coming along.

Yup would love Miles's fit with KP, Hardaway and Frank Nitty.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#1786 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:01 pm

E-Balla wrote:I like Bridges but I'm just not seeing Kawhi. Porter is a good comp. I'm thinking more what we thought Wes Johnson was.

It's impossible and unfair to project kawhi on anybody. I was telling people this when they said Frank was like Kawhi... Kawhi's growth curve was unprecedented. He came into the league with almost zero offensive game and is now one of the elite scorers in the league. That never happens. You can't project that kind of growth on anyone.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1787 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:02 pm

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1788 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I like Bridges but I'm just not seeing Kawhi. Porter is a good comp. I'm thinking more what we thought Wes Johnson was.

It's impossible and unfair to project kawhi on anybody. I was telling people this when they said Frank was like Kawhi... Kawhi's growth curve was unprecedented. He came into the league with almost zero offensive game and is now one of the elite scorers in the league. That never happens. You can't project that kind of growth on anyone.

you also said Lonzo would be good in the NBA and his shot was not a problem... :o

Spoiler:
:lol: J/K
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#1789 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:16 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote::o :o

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1790 » by 2010 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:04 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Thanks, dude.

I'm giving you your props. You put me on to Mikal Bridges.

but...

...your other guy (Robert Williams) looking suspect on offense like he didn't improve at all.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of Robert Williams this year. :-? Getting harder to watch as many games as I used to + Knicks games. I'm being selective with the guys I watch because of the time constraints. Full highlights (good and bad) are nice and I watch them on youtube, but that's not enough. Ah well...

ANYWAYS...

My entire thing on Williams though was predicated on him improving on offense. I loved him because of his potential fit going forward with KP on both ends if he developed on offense. From the little I've seen, the defense is still there...but if you are correct in saying his offense hasn't looked good at all (which I believe), that's concerning. Either he simply can't put practice to game, or he hasn't been practicing enough. Might end up following that Tyrus Thomas route, which would be sad.

Your Tyrus Thomas downside comp for Robert Williams is scary accurate. Wow, good floor comp.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1791 » by 2010 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:05 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Sprewell had that kind of offensive ascension. Spree was drafted as an energy guy and a defensive stopper. Dude turned himself into an offensive beast with a mean streak.

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#1792 » by Garbagelo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:05 pm

RealGM

Post#1793 » by 2010 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:08 pm

Garbagelo wrote:

wtf

He raw as phuck but if this cat ever develops his skill areas he gonna be a problem. That length is insane.

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1794 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:08 pm

Garbagelo wrote:

wtf

What. The. ****.
RealGM

Post#1795 » by 2010 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:12 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

wtf

What. The. ****.

:o :o :o

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1796 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:12 pm

2010 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

wtf

He raw as phuck but if this cat ever develops his skill areas he gonna be a problem. That length is insane.

:o :o :o

He is the wingspan General.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#1797 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:13 pm

2010 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Sprewell had that kind of offensive ascension. Spree was drafted as an energy guy and a defensive stopper. Dude turned himself into an offensive beast with a mean streak.

Spree never got to Kawhi's current level of offense but yes similar career trajectories.
RealGM

Post#1798 » by 2010 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:52 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Spree never got to Kawhi's current level of offense but yes similar career trajectories.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#1799 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:59 pm

imagine a team with Frank, Mikal Bridges, KP, and Bamba on it? :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#1800 » by Fat » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:48 pm

i can see it coming down to team bridges vs team bridges :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa

Return to New York Knicks