ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball / Draft Thread (2)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you want if we get end up with a mid lottery pick?

Kevin Knox
19%
Miles Bridges
25%
Hamidou Diallo
6%
Troy Brown Jr
4%
Isaac Bonga
4%
Mikal Bridges
13%
Robert Williams
4%
Collin Sexton
7%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
4%
Rui Hachimura
14%

Total votes: 112

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Re: College Basketball / Draft Thread (2) 

Post#1801 » by Fat » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:50 pm

2010 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

wtf

He raw as phuck but if this cat ever develops his skill areas he gonna be a problem. That length is insane.

his lack of strength is noticeable too he's hurting from that the most
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1802 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:09 pm

Mikal Bridges is the two-way monster fueling Villanova and moving up NBA draft boards

The Wildcats have a true superstar in veteran wing Mikal Bridges. The NBA is taking notice.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/12/6/16740876/mikal-bridges-villanova-basketball-nba-draft-2018-gonzaga-jimmy-v-classic-highlights
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1803 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1804 » by N Y K » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:16 pm

jesus that bamba clip... just look at him in the middle of the floor... guy is so insanely long
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#1805 » by WajaBawl » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Going to be tough to get him if he really is going in the 7-8 range. Tank rebuild needs to start sooner rather than later if we are going to be in the conversation for any of these elite wings ya'll dreaming about.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#1806 » by DOT » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:26 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Going to be tough to get him if he really is going in the 7-8 range. Tank rebuild needs to start sooner rather than later if we are going to be in the conversation for any of these elite wings ya'll dreaming about.

Not as much as you'd think

Assuming everyone projected to declare does declare, you're looking at
Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, and Porter guarenteed to go top 5, with Bamba probably being 5th

Then there's Sexton, Knox, Bridges x2, JJJ, and Williams, at least one of whom will be available to take at 11

And that's not even considering Diallo, Troy Brown, Wendell Carter, Trevon Duval, that Musa guy, and Jarred Vanderbilt, who could all reasonably end up picked in the lottery

There's a lot of time before we reach the draft, but there'll be plenty of talent for us if we get into the top 10, really the only dropoff is after 5, everything from then to the end of the lottery looks pretty promising if not superstar level
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1807 » by dakomish23 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:27 pm

Possible 2nd round prospect

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1808 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:27 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah, I accepted that the higher he rises the less chance we have...its all good thoe. Still going to root for him. I love stories like this.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#1809 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:34 pm

musa gives me chucker vibes
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#1810 » by Fat » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:35 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Possible 2nd round prospect

:lol: who's the fat kid at 0:50
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1811 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:05 am

E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Knox ain't even outproducing him much tho. For an advanced product he hasn't been that good. Meanwhile Hami is doing the things that he was supposed to be terrible at (passing, handling the ball, and shooting) and isn't completely failing like expected.

You say its not close but per 40 minutes Hami is averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. Knox is averaging 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 assists. They also have the same PER. Seriously outside of the Kansas game Knox hasn't been that impressive and definitely hasn't been good enough to justify anyone saying he's way better than Hami.

Compare Hami to another athletic freak people were low on before seeing them in the league - JB. I remember people dogging JB during his freshman year but I kept him at #2 on my draft board. Hami is easily better than he was at Cal so far.

I had Jaylen Brown 2 on my board as well, he was also better than Diallo. Brown didn't play on a very talented team, he had nobody to take pressure off him. Diallo benefits so much from having Knox, PJ Washington, Quade Green. Diallo could never lead, he's not that type of player right now. He's a complimentary piece but not a guy you build around. Knox is similar to Jayson Tatum in that he might not put up the best numbers right now (even though the season is still young) but you can clearly see his skills and potential. He's a guy that can do a little bit of everything, he's also bigger and stronger than Diallo.

You must be forgetting Ivan Rabb was a top 5 prospect and he outplayed JB as a freshman on the same team. Cal was supposed to be way better than they were and half the reason they stunk was because JB looked rough.

Say what you want about Diallo benefitting from guys around him but he's the 2nd best player on the team and he's not much worse than the best player on the team. Knox isn't close to Tatum. Knox doesn't go in the lottery in last year's draft. Y'all bugging idk what the hell you saw to compare him to someone that was consensus top 5 in a very strong draft when he's not consensus top 10 in a weak draft.

Is that why they made the NCAA tournament with Jaylen Brown and missed it the following year when he left, while Ivan Rabb regressed without JB?

You're the one who's bugging by trying to compare the two draft classes. Tatum wouldn't be a top 5 consensus pick this year either, not with Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Porter, Bamba. Markelle Fultz might not even go top 5 this year.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1812 » by E-Balla » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:09 am

HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:
I had Jaylen Brown 2 on my board as well, he was also better than Diallo. Brown didn't play on a very talented team, he had nobody to take pressure off him. Diallo benefits so much from having Knox, PJ Washington, Quade Green. Diallo could never lead, he's not that type of player right now. He's a complimentary piece but not a guy you build around. Knox is similar to Jayson Tatum in that he might not put up the best numbers right now (even though the season is still young) but you can clearly see his skills and potential. He's a guy that can do a little bit of everything, he's also bigger and stronger than Diallo.

You must be forgetting Ivan Rabb was a top 5 prospect and he outplayed JB as a freshman on the same team. Cal was supposed to be way better than they were and half the reason they stunk was because JB looked rough.

Say what you want about Diallo benefitting from guys around him but he's the 2nd best player on the team and he's not much worse than the best player on the team. Knox isn't close to Tatum. Knox doesn't go in the lottery in last year's draft. Y'all bugging idk what the hell you saw to compare him to someone that was consensus top 5 in a very strong draft when he's not consensus top 10 in a weak draft.

Is that why they made the NCAA tournament with Jaylen Brown and missed it the following year when he left, while Ivan Rabb regressed without JB?

You're the one who's bugging by trying to compare the two draft classes. Tatum wouldn't be a top 5 consensus pick this year either, not with Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Porter, Bamba. Markelle Fultz might not even go top 5 this year.

Lmao Tatum **** on Porter.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1813 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:18 am

E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:You must be forgetting Ivan Rabb was a top 5 prospect and he outplayed JB as a freshman on the same team. Cal was supposed to be way better than they were and half the reason they stunk was because JB looked rough.

Dude hasn't even played yet but I do know he's received more hype than Tatum ever did
DENVER NUGGETS
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1814 » by E-Balla » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:19 am

HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Dude hasn't even played yet but I do know he's received more hype than Tatum ever did

So did Andrew Wiggins. Watch games not hype.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1815 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:22 am

hezi u my guy but put some respek on tatum plz

tatum is a stud on both ends of the court
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1816 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:23 am

E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Lmao Tatum **** on Porter.

:lol:

You do know he's got a back issue and hasn't been playing, right?
DENVER NUGGETS
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1817 » by E-Balla » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:25 am

HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:

You do know he played like 50 games last year right?
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1818 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:27 am

3toheadmelo wrote:hezi u my guy but put some respek on tatum plz

tatum is a stud on both ends of the court

Isn't that what I'm doing? I think both he and Knox are studs, I actually like Knox a little better though
DENVER NUGGETS
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1819 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:29 am

porter can't even create his own shot. his handles weak. dude got locked up easy in this video

also whoever named that video deserves to get fired. such a click bait
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1820 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:29 am

E-Balla wrote:
HEZI wrote:
E-Balla wrote:So did Andrew Wiggins. Watch games not hype.

You do know he played like 50 games last year right?

HS
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks