ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Dolan now involved in Weinstein lawsuits

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Re: OT: Dolan now involved in Weinstein lawsuits 

Post#21 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:i hate hearing people getting sexually harrassed but a part of me wants Dolan to be involed in some **** like that.

Can't we pool our money to hire some hooker and a private investigator to set Dolan up. Get him all drunk and high and take photos of him taking it up the ass. What's so hard about that? :dontknow:

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#22 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:49 pm

1999 wrote:Be careful what you wish for. Dolan has had several missteps as owner of the Knicks but it could always be much worse. At the very least he’s not a cheap owner and he’s loyal. Could you imagine his loyalty with a trusted basketball mind? I feel bad that people use or organization to retire off of. Phil Jackson and Larry Brown come to mind. Just **** jobs they did while they were here.

Sounds like Jim Dolan's guitar pick caddy doesn't want to be out of a job
ImageImageImage
Senior
And1: 404

Post#23 » by 1999 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 6:50 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
1999 wrote:Be careful what you wish for. Dolan has had several missteps as owner of the Knicks but it could always be much worse. At the very least he’s not a cheap owner and he’s loyal. Could you imagine his loyalty with a trusted basketball mind? I feel bad that people use or organization to retire off of. Phil Jackson and Larry Brown come to mind. Just **** jobs they did while they were here.

Sounds like Jim Dolan's guitar pick caddy doesn't want to be out of a job

Ha... ha...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#24 » by Capn'O » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:dolan could be on sterling watch. and all them fools with the hawks too.

Wasn't the issue with Browne-Sanders for Dolan that he didn't take her complaints seriously and turned a blind eye to the harassment that she alleged? Could be the same here with Weinstein. If so, then we're seeing a developing course of conduct from Dolan.

Correct - the bulk of the case was negligence towards the complaint and retribution as well iirc. The high amount of the settlement actually had less to do with what Thomas did and more how MSG handled the complaints.

What I'm not understanding about this complaint is the nexus to Dolan. What influence did he have here? I'm not saying he didn't but I'm honestly asking what's different about him knowing vs. literally everyone in Hollywood who were seemingly more directly involved with him?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#25 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:dolan could be on sterling watch. and all them fools with the hawks too.

Wasn't the issue with Browne-Sanders for Dolan that he didn't take her complaints seriously and turned a blind eye to the harassment that she alleged? Could be the same here with Weinstein. If so, then we're seeing a developing course of conduct from Dolan.

Correct - the bulk of the case was negligence towards the complaint and retribution as well iirc. The high amount of the settlement actually had less to do with what Thomas did and more how MSG handled the complaints.

What I'm not understanding about this complaint is the nexus to Dolan. What influence did he have here? I'm not saying he didn't but I'm honestly asking what's different about him knowing vs. literally everyone in Hollywood who was seemingly more directly involved with him?

ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#26 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:31 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What I'm not understanding about this complaint is the nexus to Dolan. What influence did he have here? I'm not saying he didn't but I'm honestly asking what's different about him knowing vs. literally everyone in Hollywood who was seemingly more directly involved with him?

Billionaire playing rock star in his own mind. That dude sucks. He's like...karaoke guy! LOL
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#27 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:38 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Billionaire playing rock star in his own mind. That dude sucks. He's like...karaoke guy! LOL

He'd be the worst one at karaoke night though I would pay to see him do Bohemian Rhapsody just for chits and giggles
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#28 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Billionaire playing rock star in his own mind. That dude sucks. He's like...karaoke guy! LOL

He'd be the worst one at karaoke night though I would pay to see him do Bohemian Rhapsody just for chits and giggles

I know you know I know. Amirite?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#29 » by F N 11 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:57 pm

These thots coming for you if you have money. Its sad they would probably get away with it. This is the new come up. If you were harassed report it at that time. smfh
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:43 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Billionaire playing rock star in his own mind. That dude sucks. He's like...karaoke guy! LOL

Is the CD cover supposed to look like getting your picture taken at one of those "old timey" places at an amusement park?

Is it some sort of theme in the song? Like the lyrics go "Remember when we were in love and the good times we had, dressing up for fake amusement park photos, before things got bad? Before you found out, and, you know, I know, you know, that I go to Wingos house for midget hookers, strap-ons and blow"

I mean, that is some heavy blues. Not sure Jim has that sort of lyricism in him. He might have something else in him, from Tuesday night, but that's another story.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#31 » by F N 11 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:56 pm

Jimmy got money out the @ss. Aint nothing happening to him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#32 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Is the CD cover supposed to look like getting your picture taken at one of those "old timey" places at an amusement park?

Is it some sort of theme in the song? Like the lyrics go "Remember when we were in love and the good times we had, dressing up for fake amusement park photos, before things got bad? Before you found out, and, you know, I know, you know, that I go to Wingos house for midget hookers, strap-ons and blow"

I mean, that is some heavy blues. Not sure Jim has that sort of lyricism in him. He might have something else in him, from Tuesday night, but that's another story.

It's his failed audition photo to play a customer at the bordello in Westworld
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:02 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

He gets repeated cornholled by the Yule Brenner robot? Or is that only in Wingo's script?
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#34 » by Oscirus » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:22 pm

Unless females really start turning on Dolan and make a really huge deal of this, nothing is going to happen.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#35 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:29 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

He gets repeated cornholled by the Yule Brenner robot? Or is that only in Wingo's script?

I think that was a different Westworld you may have seen thirty years ago at your favorite Times Square cinema
ImageImageImage
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#36 » by Kampuchea » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:56 pm

Leave Dolan alone. He’s not running the team and he’s spending plenty of money. Before when he was involved I say get rid of him but not now he’s taken a back seat.

Long
Live
Dolan!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:02 pm

It still has to be proven that Dolan has knowledge of Weinstein’s harassing behavior in order for him to be liable.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#38 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:It still has to be proven that Dolan has knowledge of Weinstein’s harassing behavior in order for him to be liable.

I don't know any details. Not sure how Dolan is liable/responsible for things. Was he setting up women to be harassed?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#39 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:19 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:It still has to be proven that Dolan has knowledge of Weinstein’s harassing behavior in order for him to be liable.

I don't know any details. Not sure how Dolan is liable/responsible for things. Was he setting up women to be harassed?

LOL, no, not setting them up. But if he was in a position of power at the company and he had knowledge of Weinstein's harassing/assaultive behavior (as alleged) and he chose to ignore it and/or retaliate against the woman who made the report against Weinstein, then Dolan can be held liable.

Admittedly, these types of cases had dried up for a while so I'm not up on the current legal opinions in this area but the legal standard I just discussed is pretty the baseline for determining supervisory liability in these cases.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#40 » by GEOLINK » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:30 pm

Dolan just looks like a **** up person, honestly. You can just see it in his face he's not well up there.

Return to New York Knicks