ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA Week 7

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Re: Around the NBA Week 7 

Post#141 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:36 pm

Honest question, how many more playing years does Melo have left in the league?

Follow up question, are we going to hear about him even through retirement?

Asking for a friend... who isn't a big, big Melo fan, but doesn't hate him, and doesn't need to incessantly post about him. Just hates having to see his name at least every 3 posts on every thread.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#142 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:56 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:Honest question, how many more playing years does Melo have left in the league?

Asking for a friend... who isn't a big, big Melo fan, but doesn't hate him, and doesn't need to incessantly post about him. Just hates having to see his name at least every 3 posts on every thread.

I was sick to death of him here and I shot my wad days ago and can't even think about him any more so I kind of do hope it goes away. Sort of why Shamgod's suggestion was good since maybe 10 people here want to follow Melo and they could have their own thread to do that if they wanted to.

Figure he'll opt in on his final year and I wouldn't even be surprised if he retires in 2019. Melo won't get any big offers so he will only be able to play on for personal reasons since this was his last big payday.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#143 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:that is my point. why are u still complaining about him if he's not on our team

Because he made my life miserable for 7 years. So now I have to throw rocks at him for 7 years. Then we'll be even. :D

well at least u admit it's personal for you :lol:

I thought you knew. :lol:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#144 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:12 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Anotha Knicks fan wrote:Honest question, how many more playing years does Melo have left in the league?

I was sick to death of him here and I shot my wad days ago and can't even think about him any more so I kind of do hope it goes away. Sort of why Shamgod's suggestion was good since maybe 10 people here want to follow Melo and they could have their own thread to do that if they wanted to.

Figure he'll opt in on his final year and I wouldn't even be surprised if he retires in 2019. Melo won't get any big offers so he will only be able to play on for personal reasons since this was his last big payday.

It might be 10 total on both sides of the coin honestly. At times, it's really funny in the discourses being had.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#145 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:15 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

It might be 10 total on both sides of the coin honestly. At times, it's really funny in the discourses being had.

It was funny. It's not every day I get to drop a Clockwork Orange reference.

Well, if the Hatfields and McCoys are entertainment than so be it. Just thought maybe the contagion may want its own thread.

EDIT: If they do create a separate thread, a good name would be

Everything MELO Thread (Hatfields & McCoys Go Here)
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#146 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:22 pm

sushibear wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:then he says "we'll see who's the fake knicks fans are" yet he talks about OKC more than the knicks!

"He"? Who's "he"? :lol:

I talk about the Knicks much more than I do about Melo. You're just being too sensitive to my occasional missive.

Question: Aren't you glad he's gone now? :D

It's aight wingo, just let it go. They'll cheer for melo and thunder success first rather than the knicks. We'll be aight

Ah, I'm cool with 3tothehead and dakomish. They just need a little reminder occasionally of how good we have it now that "he who shall remain nameless heretofore" is gone. :lol:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#147 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Well, if the Hatfields and McCoys are entertainment than so be it. Just thought maybe the contagion may want its own thread.

Trust me, it aint funny like a good knock knock joke. I'm laughing for a totally different reason.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#148 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:41 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:It might be 10 total on both sides of the coin honestly. At times, it's really funny in the discourses being had.

Trust me, it aint funny like a good knock knock joke. I'm laughing for a totally different reason.

I had my fun with it today, but that does it for me.
ImageImageImage
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#149 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:51 am

So the NBA changes the schedules to reduce player injuries and yet it feels like there have been more injuries this season than before

What's going on?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#150 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:57 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:It might be 10 total on both sides of the coin honestly. At times, it's really funny in the discourses being had.

Now THAT was funny like a good knock knock joke :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#151 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:28 am

HEZI wrote:So the NBA changes the schedules to reduce player injuries and yet it feels like there have been more injuries this season than before

What's going on?

My fantasy league's waiver wire is littered with guys marked with a big "O" next to em! It def appears to be a lot more injuries....but don't know the actual numbers.
digitaldropoff
Starter

Post#152 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:03 am

That series right there for MCW is why he shouldn't be in the NBA. Blow a layup, then blow a defensive assignment and let you man deep in the paint for an easy bucket. God he sucks.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#153 » by GIMME_DATT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:09 am

How long before kemba to ny rumors
digitaldropoff
Starter

Post#154 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:13 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:How long before kemba to ny rumors

Does he turn down a 5 year max for less years and money? Hard to imagine.....but it has happened before.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#155 » by GIMME_DATT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:17 am

Idk, but his family wants him to come home and he could be useful here
digitaldropoff
Starter

Post#156 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:32 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:Idk, but his family wants him to come home and he could be useful here

Kemba can be useful just about anywhere in this league. His family would love to come home, sure.....but it's hard to say no to an extra 30+ million. He'll be 29 (I think) when he can sign a new deal unless he extends with Charlotte sometime over the summer...still kicks in for 2019, but essentially, this is his last big payday. He can do the two year deal with one year opt to keep his options open and still have the 5 year deal waiting. However, if he blows his knee out next season or even has a major injury this year sometime, it will again be hard to turn down a massive deal. Getting older mixed with a major injury will start a clock for a lot of guys.

Charlotte will offer him the max deal....he hasn't made the money like a guy Durant did. I'd use Melo as an example, but he guts whatever team for his money, so he's a bad example. But Durant had a massive deal in the bank before he left.....Walker has made significantly less. That's why I see it being very hard for Walker to turn down Cho.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#157 » by Fat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:45 am

i cant with Dennis defense Image
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#158 » by Fat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:54 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:How long before kemba to ny rumors

conversations start with ntilkina and our 2018 pick
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#159 » by mugzi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 9:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Because he made my life miserable for 7 years. So now I have to throw rocks at him for 7 years. Then we'll be even. :D

well at least u admit it's personal for you :lol:

I thought you knew. :lol:

While I back your sentiment 100%, just remember the Albanians didn't invent the vendetta, the Italians did. :D
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758