ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
35%
DK
6%
KoC
3%
NLR
6%
GONYK
15%
Moocow
12%
Remi
6%
KT
15%
Thorn
No votes
Thugger
3%

Total votes: 34

NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#421 » by NYKHardKnock » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:40 am

Willy + 2nd for Clarkson id do
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#422 » by mugzi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:50 am

magnumt wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I would certainly add another 2nd.

Not the right type of deal to involve Jabari. His value is at it's lowest right now and he's more valuable to us than anyone else. I could, however, be open to talking Thon Maker instead of Wilson.

Not sure who we could find for that, but if we could, by all means let's do it.

Coming back for more, had an interesting thought.

MKE out: Matthew Dellavedova, Thon Maker, MKE 2nd
MKE in: Kyle O'Quinn, Courtney Lee
We upgrade our center position and add wing depth/shooting.

NYK out: Kyle O'Quinn, Courtney Lee
NYK in: Thon Maker, Cedi Osman, Channing Frye
Knicks get two young prospects and a nice expiring.

CLE out: Channing Frye, Cedi Osman
CLE in: Matthew Dellavedova, MKE 2nd
Cavs get LeBron's old buddy Delly and a future pick without giving too much.

Thought that this was a better deal for your Knicks than my previous. Can obviously swap out Maker for Wilson, take whoever you are higher on, but rather than Telly and a 2nd you get another promising youngster is Osman while saving money quicker with Frye coming off the books. All depends on whether Cleveland would want Delly back bad enough. At this point I think they'd rather roll with IT/Delly and cut Rose than rely on Rose at all.

I'd sign up for that. We can then route WillyG to someone for a Lottery pick.

PG: Ntilikina
SG: THJr
SF: Cedi
PF: Porzingis
C: Kanter

Bench: Maker, whomever we Draft with our pwn pick, whomever we Draft with the Pick for WillyG, Dotson, Baker.

I've got to disagree I don't think there's anyway Willy gets a lottery pick for us right now. Jeff has tanked his value keeping him on the bench.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mugzi
General Manager

Post#423 » by mugzi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:51 am

I actually watch more Laker games than Knick games because I'm out in Southern California, I can tell you Clarkson is not the answer. He's not a point guard, he's a two guard who can fill in occasionally at the one he's very streaky and very unpredictable. Decent sixth man but not a starting point guard on a playoff team
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#424 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:59 pm

mugzi wrote:I actually watch more Laker games than Knick games because I'm out in Southern California, I can tell you Clarkson is not the answer. He's not a point guard, he's a two guard who can fill in occasionally at the one he's very streaky and very unpredictable. Decent sixth man but not a starting point guard on a playoff team

Agreed. But I think he could thrive in a three guard rotation with Frank and Tim as starters and him the First guard off the bench. The guy I’m intrigued with is free agent to be Julius Randle. That’s our Ant Mason. We need a playmaker up front. A rip the rebound and run guy.

I proposed a trade:

LA trades: Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Luol Deng, Thomas Bryant

LA receives: Al Jefferson (expiring), Darren Collison, Kyle O’Quinn, TJ Leaf and the rights to Ogden Jaramaz

Indy trades: Al Jefferson, Darren Collison, Glenn Robinson III, Joe Young, Damien Wilkins and a second round pick.

Indy receives: Courtney Lee, Jordan Clarkson, Michael Beasley, Joakim Noah, Thomas Bryant, Ramon Sessions.

NYK trades: Courtney Lee, Michael Beasley, Joakim Noah, Kyle O’Quinn, Ramon Sessions, the rights to Ogden Jaramaz.

NYK receives: Julius Randle, Glenn Robinson III, Joe Young, Luol Deng (waive/buyout possibly), second round pick.

LA: already made it clear Julius is not in their plans. Luol wants out and nobody but maybe Thibbs would have him but there’s no taker for his deal. They get an expiring and a mainstay UCLA babysitter pg to help “Jarrett Jack” Lonzo along. Leaf and Lonzo did show some chemistry last year. Kuzma is the four man of the future but Leaf can provide some long term depth and versatility there. The value here is in Al’s expiring contract replacing Deng’s. The price essentially is Clarkson but Collison’s inclusion almost makes it a wash and is a better fit in what they are building with Zo. Kyle is cheap and likely to opt out creating more cap room for Magic to work with.

Indy: better than we thought. With a vet piece or two around Dipo/Turner/Sabonis they could make some noise THIS year in the playoffs. And if that works, keep it going next year. Lee is that guy. It’d be a homecoming and he’d play with Dipo the same way he plays with Tim in a three guard starting alignment. Gives Indy a legit “adult in the room.” Clarkson gives them their long term pg and perfect fit next to Dipo in the backcourt. Beas and Sessions do for them what we signed them to do for us. The issue of course is Noah. But here’s the thing. Indy isn’t a free agent destination. They’d WANT guys who have a few years left on their deals and hope they can sway them into a long term relationship before they’re free. Turner and Sab are the guys. They’re puppies. You don’t go adding some 25 year old with starters aspirations that’s gonna pout when he doesn’t get minutes, to that mix. Noah for two and half years as insurance isn’t that bad a thing and something I could see Nate being all for. Remember, they aren’t a free agent destination. Thomas Bryant is a blue chip Indy guy. They don’t want Randle because they don’t want to pay him this summer. They probably don’t value GRIII too much being he’s been injured I start the year and they’ve been rolling without him. And he’s due a raise next summer too. Joe Young is just holding a roster spot.

NYK: this is a trade we do when we get close to the deadline if things get leaky on the ship. Lee is the jewel of our package. He can help Indy in a major way. Beasley could come in and give them buckets like he does here. And he’s expiring. Nate will probably find a better way of hiding him defensively than Jeff does. Sessions likely (still) has a fan in Walsh who I’m sure still has a voice there. Noah is a guy coaches love having around their young fellas. Jaramaz is just a flier.

This is a good trade. You know why? Because we really aren’t winning from a value standpoint considering the centerpiece is due a big raise and he plays the same postion as our best player. The other guy in Glenn hasn’t proven a thing in the league outside of the fact he can jump. Joe’s highlight was as wingman in that Paul George commercial.

But all three fit our timeline. We need a dynamic 6’9” guy that can make a play with the ball. And sorry but Giannis and Ben Simmons ain’t coming through the door. Julius would be a core and 30 mpg out the gate.
He’d be our Mason/Odom/Draymond. It could work.

Glenn, who I totally undersold is a high IQ playmaker that hasn’t earned his coach's trust in the NBA to do more than slot into a role around the main guys. Now he’s been hurt this year so we don’t know what he’d look like with Dipo and no PG13 but Courtney Lee would take his spot immediately anyway. Doesn’t hurt that he has ties to Tim (and Burke). We get a second round pick because technically we could’ve just traded for Deng and a bunch of expiring contracts if things don’t pan out right and we lose all three Indy guys in the summer. We aren’t giving up much because we have the burden of paying these guys who aren’t integral to their current teams’ trajectory.

Enes/Wily
KP/Randle
Glenn/Doug/Lance
Tim/Dot
Jack/Frank/Burke

In the summer draft the best player available.
Resign Enes, Julius and Glenn to three year deals.
Let that, surrounding KP, Frank and our 2018 pick, be this incarnation of our core. This is KP’s “Finley/Nash” years in essence. But locking in some 23-25 year old bookends around them for the next few years will help in the development of KP’s star turn and will help turn him into a champion just like Dirk.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#425 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Dec 7, 2017 9:31 pm

I like Randall as a fit on this team in short spurts with KP at the 5 and Randall at the 4. However, long-term he would be a good piece coming off the bench.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#426 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:23 pm

Labissiere?
mugzi
General Manager

Post#427 » by mugzi » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:09 am

I would love to get Randle and Clarkson here that cheap but doubt it happens. 4 team trades are hard to pull off with that many moving parts. Randle is highly underrated by the Lakers. The guy is crafty and he can pass, board and you give him 30 mpg he'll give you 15/10
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#428 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:30 pm

If the Knicks are able to shed Lee, Thomas, Baker, and Quinn's contracts, how much cap space would they be able to open up for this summer?

If we can open up a Max Slot and some more change, then I would target Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans in the offseason
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#429 » by digitaldropoff » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:16 pm

basketboule wrote:Labissiere?

The Kings big man crop is young and they'll most likely hold onto all of them until they figure out who can stick. Giles and Skal have the most talent, but one is a walking injury and the other is a developmental project. WCS is a role player at best....but to keep their stable, it's relatively cheap. Doubt they'd be moving on unless they got some crazy offer.

I don't see the Knicks as a good trade partner with the Lakers. There only interest in moving something is to get out from under Deng. If you add his contract to Noah's, that's basically tapping out until the trade deadline of their last years, and thats if someone is cool and needs some expirings.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#430 » by denterprise » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:46 pm

Besart19 wrote:KOQ, Beasley and Lee for Jabari Parker.

Willy and Sessions for Jahlil Okafor.

Kanter/Okafor/Noah
Porzingis/Kornet/Hicks
J.Parker/McDermott/LFT
Hardaway Jr/Dotson/Baker
Ntilikina/Jack/Burke/Mayes

The Lee, KOQ and Beasley for Parker is more than a fair offer. They get the vet players that could actually make them contenders to win in the East. Bringing in a recovering Parker will insure we don't get meaningless wins going down the stretch and opens up playing time for our developing players.
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#431 » by NYKnicksFTW » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 am

Gotta see what we can get for Lee and O'Quinn
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#432 » by Zingod » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Lol bucks would never trade thon maker for average role players.. you guys :lol:
Realistically any 2nd rounder/young unproven rooks/sophomores and expirings for Lee, O'Quinn will do.

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Willy + 2nd for Clarkson id do

Check his salary bro.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#433 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Zingod wrote:Lol bucks would never trade thon maker for average role players.. you guys :lol:
Realistically any 2nd rounder/young unproven rooks/sophomores and expirings for Lee, O'Quinn will do.

Check his salary bro.

Thon is not good and if they’re going for a playoff push, Lee and KOQ help them a good amount.

So off base.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#434 » by Zingod » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Zingod wrote:Lol bucks would never trade thon maker for average role players.. you guys :lol:

Check his salary bro.

Thon is not good and if they’re going for a playoff push, Lee and KOQ help them a good amount.

So off base.

You really don't like me, don't you?
Their track record says something else (minus that bledsoe trade but that pick is trash so who cares)
Go ask the bucks board would they trade thon for lee or oquinn and they will laugh at you.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#435 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Zingod wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Check his salary bro.

So off base.

You really don't like me, don't you?
Their track record says something else (minus that bledsoe trade but that pick is trash so who cares)
Go ask the bucks board would they trade thon for lee or oquinn and they will laugh at you.

Not sure why you think I don’t like you, I just don’t agree with some of your posts.

Honestly, I don’t care what they’d do...and neither should you.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Post#436 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:35 pm

The Knicks have 0 reason to push the issue or rush the rebuild. I don't want us making any deals for any players to be honest unless it is a can't miss deal like trading a future first and WHG for Kemba Walker at the deadline.

We should focus on getting assets by taking on salary if possible and trading Lee (as much as I've liked how he's played).

Talking about trading for players like Randall or Clarkson when then those guys are about to get hideously overpaid is not a good idea.

KP is so young. Frank is so young. We've pointed in the ship in the right direction finally. We have plenty of time to be patient, draft another lotto pick, and wait for the time to strike via free agency or major trade.

The problem is we are locked into a lot of salary with KP, THJ, and Noah, and something tells me that Kanter is going to stay with the team. Signing literally ANY free agent to a big deal would lock us into that core for good.

Frank
THJ
?
Randal
KP

with Kanter coming off the bench is not a contender.

we need to hit singles this deadline. Maybe it could be trading Lee for a 2nd round pick. Maybe it's trading Kanter to a contender. Maybe it's taking on some salary from a team like PHX in exchange for one of their good young players.

I don't want Jabari Parker. Yes, he has mega upside, but YES he's about to get a massive deal in FA and I am not putting this team's future in the "hands" of Jabari's knees.

Getting someone like Thon would be a different kind of moves since he'd fit our timeline, is still on a cheap deal, and won't command the same amount of $ in free agency right off the bat that Parker would. But you catch my drift.

We need future assets coming in. There's no reason for this team to start moving into the next phase of the rebuild until AT LEAST next season's deadline.

Frank
THJ
Myles Bridges
KP
Noah

Would be a very solid team. That's when we move to strike. by the time 2019 rolls around, we'll have KP/Frank/Lotto pick/THJ and max cap room + future assets intact. We could sign a major FA or make a major trade or both.

Only sure fire, no-brainer deals should be made by the Knicks IMO unless it brings a pick our way or cheap young talent.

I don't want anyone whose gonna get a major deal. I don't want anyone with a name that's gonna lock in major mins. I don't want anyone whose knees are shaky. I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that get no money from me. Hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride tryin' ta holler at me.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#437 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Frank + WIlly for Kemba at the deadline?

If Hornets are out of the playoffs, they have one year left of Kemba. If they feel he might not resign, they could be looking to get something for him before he leaves for free.

For NY, obviously there is a pretty big chance Kemba extends here, so we are getting two years of KP+Kemba+Tim chemistry building, before we add another big piece in 2019 summer.

Dunno, I think I would rather stick with Frank. But if this opportunity presents itself, I could see FO thinking about it hard.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#438 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 pm

How do knicks feel about a Porzingis and top 5 for Bradley Beal? He is hot now but he has had knee problems in the past and wiza trds could use some size at the powerforward.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#439 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:How do knicks feel about a Porzingis and top 5 for Bradley Beal? He is hot now but he has had knee problems in the past and wiza trds could use some size at the powerforward.

:lol:
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#440 » by Besart19 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Frank + WIlly for Kemba at the deadline?

If Hornets are out of the playoffs, they have one year left of Kemba. If they feel he might not resign, they could be looking to get something for him before he leaves for free.

For NY, obviously there is a pretty big chance Kemba extends here, so we are getting two years of KP+Kemba+Tim chemistry building, before we add another big piece in 2019 summer.

Dunno, I think I would rather stick with Frank. But if this opportunity presents itself, I could see FO thinking about it hard.

Parker via trade, Kemba via FA

Kemba / Burke
Frank / Dotson
Timmy / DMD
Jabari / '18 1st
Kristaps / Willy
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks