ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Grizz Postgame

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Re: Knicks-Grizz Postgame 

Post#281 » by Jay10 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:57 pm

K P 6 wrote:Lets be honest. Nobody thought we would be a .500 team. Thats why Jeff and Perry was talking all that "Process" and "rebuilding talk."

Kp ended up being good and that ended all that talk.

They should be 0-24, since Carmelo isn't playing. :lol:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#282 » by j4remi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:58 pm

GONYK wrote:
If it's not sustainable, nobody has anything to worry about.

If Perry is who we hope he is, we will end up in a place where our record is bad, the vets are moved, and the young guys are playing.

The team will reveal who they really are pretty soon, pretty much like last season. If the bottom falls out, hopefully Perry leans into the situation harder than Phil, since none of the older guys are his players.

Very true, where I'm at is...we'll know where we stand with at least a month before the deadline because that'll be a month of tough schedule games. That'll leave us time to make moves in one direction or the other. I do think Jeff's whiffed on opportunities to give the kids minutes in meaningful ways, but I assume that'll change within the month because I've got little faith that this is sustainable as well.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#283 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:59 pm

Jay10 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lets be honest. Nobody thought we would be a .500 team. Thats why Jeff and Perry was talking all that "Process" and "rebuilding talk."

It backfired on them lol. Even with this roster we're doing better than expected. I wonder why?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#284 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:00 pm

sushibear wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

It backfired on them lol. Even with this roster we're doing better than expected. I wonder why?

Defense and team play
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#285 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:02 pm

sushibear wrote:Yo wtf is wrong with some of these posters? Complaining on a win? This is why we knicks fans can't have nice things, fuqin complain on every single shiet. :noway: :crazy:

ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM

Post#286 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:05 pm

Jay10 wrote:

When Melo didnt play a game I got killed for saying we looked better without him.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:07 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
sushibear wrote:Yo wtf is wrong with some of these posters? Complaining on a win? This is why we knicks fans can't have nice things, fuqin complain on every single shiet. :noway: :crazy:

I remember my late uncle singing this song on my parents anniversary and just butchering it lol it was hilarious. He was killed by a drunk driver November of last year. I miss him.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#288 » by Jay10 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:13 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

When Melo didnt play a game I got killed for saying we looked better without him.

Jeremy got $25M solely because of what he did during the stretch of games Carmelo was out with an injury.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#289 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:15 pm

Jay10 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

Jeremy got $25M solely because of what he did during the stretch of games Carmelo was out with an injury.

D Antoni finally got what he needed and Melo came back and was like nah we not doing that lmao. Won with Melo at the 4, nah we not doing that. What a team player.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#290 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:18 pm

j4remi wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I mean most metrics have us right where we are record wise. We're 14th in Offensive Rating and 17th in defense according to BBall Ref and have a positive .2 net rating which is right in the middle of the pack as well. I guess you could say it's due to a relatively easy and home heavy schedule but right now all signs point to us being a .500 or around that mark ball club with room for growth at the end of the year.

Yeah, I think you've pegged my thought process here. If we're statistically .500 playing a weak schedule, then I would expect a drop off as the schedule gets tougher. That would take us from .500 to somewhere below but how far would be up for speculation.

The Knicks haven't actually had a "weak schedule."

Top 10 SOS:
http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Positive SRS rating:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html

They have played a lot of home games. Concern that they'll fall off when the schedule gets more road heavy is warranted. But that January run has plenty of winnable games.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#291 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:21 pm

Kurt Rambis wrote:Lee 37 minutes minutes
Lance Thomas 32 minutes
Jack 27 minutes
Beasley 17 minutes

On the other hand:

Frank 20 minutes
Dotson 5 minutes.
Willy 0 minutes
Baker ??

I dgaf if we won against one of the worst teams in NBA by playing bunch of veterans over youth. Same **** every year. Every other team keep adding young talent, we don't even give them minutes because Jeff gotta save his job.We gotta tank for a good spot or at least try to win with young players. This is the worst out come.

yeah see it like you. the good start to the season is probably the worst thing that could have happend to us... now horny puts in veterans to stay around .500
if we don't get a top 10 pick we are ****.. because we don't have cap space either
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#292 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:23 pm

sushibear wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

because we have home games against depleted sub .500 teams every other day :lol: that's why.

I still wonder wtf is wrong with you. you can't talk and think about melo 24 hours a day. get a life... :crazy:
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:28 pm

Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

because we have home games against depleted sub .500 teams every other day :lol: that's why.

I still wonder wtf is wrong with you. you can't talk and think about melo 24 hours a day. get a life... :crazy:

Wtf? I was responding to a post. Don't act like I was the one who brought that shiet up. Yo why you always have to defend melo? Get off his nuts and mine.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#294 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:30 pm

Jacks just said on a podcast, that Giannis and Booker are top2 most talented young dudes in the league. ;)
Reign23
RealGM

Post#295 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:33 pm

sushibear wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:

Wtf? I was responding to a post. Don't act like I was the one who brought that shiet up. Yo why you always have to defend melo? Get off his nuts and mine.

I have to read you talking about melo in every single thread and I'm getting tired af. can we make a thread where you can write your "I hate melo and he was the reason we're losing" bs in it so I don't have to read it?! would be a dream
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#296 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
His shoe game trash lol. Everything regular.

Very trash. Nothing there is rare.

Yall dudes funny. Yall Judging/ hating on a Millionaire dude sneaker collection that prob does not even fit in the picture. Yall acting like everything is shown. And even in the pic, there are a few that rare. That USC colorway Jordan 9 is rare, I don't remember what its called but that damn sure was not a general release.

The dude has mad OFF WHITE X NIKE Joints. That's RARE ENOUGH FOR Yall?smh :lol:

I fuq with dude's shoe taste too. Classic and clean joints in there
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#297 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:36 pm

K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:LFT was +26, bitches

I cant believe Jeff made an adjustment.

LFT just locked up the SF job.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,966

Post#298 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:36 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:People don’t get it.

It’s whatever.

Donic is going to look great in Memphis.

We get it and I prefer to lose as well but unless we go Tonya Harding on KP, how do you propose we do that?

I don’t care that we’re winning IF it’s with the young guys taking us there.

Watching us lean on vets playing well RIGHT NOW is not OK with me because this **** is not sustainable.

These dudes are happy about winning with Jarett Jack lol. Some of us just keeping it real. We want to see the young guys play now. It doesn't matter if we win. They keep defending the Knicks organization and Jeff over and over. I can't wait to lean on Jack 3 years from now. Oh wait he won't even be on the team...

It's the exact same thing as last year. "Yeah Rose hit the game winner!!! We won another meaningless game I guess?"
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#299 » by xNewYorkMadex » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:37 pm

Courtney Lee is having a career year across the board, with amazing efficiency.

Knicks must find out what they can get for him and sell high. He can help any contender and give them a solid boost.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:41 pm

Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

I have to read you talking about melo in every single thread and I'm getting tired af. can we make a thread where you can write your "I hate melo and he was the reason we're losing" bs in it so I don't have to read it?! would be a dream

GTFOH.... you specifically target my post regarding melo. You're trying to make it as if I was the one who initiate it. Dude you're crazy. And you're telling me that I should get a life?.....

Return to New York Knicks