ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Grizz Postgame

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,976

Re: Knicks-Grizz Postgame 

Post#301 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:42 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
We get it and I prefer to lose as well but unless we go Tonya Harding on KP, how do you propose we do that?

I don’t care that we’re winning IF it’s with the young guys taking us there.

Watching us lean on vets playing well RIGHT NOW is not OK with me because this **** is not sustainable.

These dudes are happy about winning with Jarett Jack lol. Some of us just keeping it real. We want to see the young guys play now. It doesn't matter if we win. They keep defending the Knicks organization and Jeff over and over. I can't wait to lean on Jack 3 years from now. Oh wait he won't even be on the team...

It's the exact same thing as last year. "Yeah Rose hit the game winner!!! We won another meaningless game I guess?"

It's great that so many now recognize how irreplaceable Jack is to this team's success.

Respect to Jarret Jack.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#302 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:42 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
We get it and I prefer to lose as well but unless we go Tonya Harding on KP, how do you propose we do that?

Watching us lean on vets playing well RIGHT NOW is not OK with me because this **** is not sustainable.

These dudes are happy about winning with Jarett Jack lol. Some of us just keeping it real. We want to see the young guys play now. It doesn't matter if we win. They keep defending the Knicks organization and Jeff over and over. I can't wait to lean on Jack 3 years from now. Oh wait he won't even be on the team...

It's the exact same thing as last year. "Yeah Rose hit the game winner!!! We won another meaningless game I guess?"

just this!
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#303 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:44 pm

sushibear wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Wtf? I was responding to a post. Don't act like I was the one who brought that shiet up. Yo why you always have to defend melo? Get off his nuts and mine.

I have to read you talking about melo in every single thread and I'm getting tired af. can we make a thread where you can write your "I hate melo and he was the reason we're losing" bs in it so I don't have to read it?! would be a dream

GTFOH.... you specifically target my post regarding melo. You're trying to make it as if I was the one who initiate it. Dude you're crazy. And you're telling me that I should get a life?.....

yeah in this case you might be right, but you're the one who initiates this in every other thread.
formerly known as knickst4pe
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#304 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:44 pm

The security you guys see on the court is called soul patrol. My insider at the garden told me that.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,464

Post#305 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:48 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:People don’t get it.

It’s whatever.

Donic is going to look great in Memphis.

+100000 jeff has to go.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#306 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:48 pm

Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
I have to read you talking about melo in every single thread and I'm getting tired af. can we make a thread where you can write your "I hate melo and he was the reason we're losing" bs in it so I don't have to read it?! would be a dream

GTFOH.... you specifically target my post regarding melo. You're trying to make it as if I was the one who initiate it. Dude you're crazy. And you're telling me that I should get a life?.....

yeah in this case you might be right, but you're the one who initiates this in every other thread.

Nah... you put a target on my back and you just keep shooting it. Any time I post or even just respond to a post about melo you go full automatic on that shiet.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#307 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

It's great that so many now recognize how irreplaceable Jack is to this team's success.

Respect to Jarret Jack.

Jarrett Jack is the Courtney Lee of point guards
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#308 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:53 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

Respect to Jarret Jack.

Jarrett Jack is the Courtney Lee of point guards

Courtney tries too hard. He should develop a nice push shot to help his game age well.
BAF Clippers

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#309 » by DOT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:55 pm

It's all semantics

FO clearly views Kanter, THJ, and Doug as part of the young core, while the people complaining about the young guys getting PT don't

If you look at it from that perspective, then yes we are playing the young guys

Also, anyone who says we're winning because of Jack needs to have their fan liscense revoked. The only vet that's really winning us games is Lee, and even he only really won us the game last night
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#310 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:57 pm

Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
because we have home games against depleted sub .500 teams every other day :lol: that's why.

I still wonder wtf is wrong with you. you can't talk and think about melo 24 hours a day. get a life... :crazy:

Wtf? I was responding to a post. Don't act like I was the one who brought that shiet up. Yo why you always have to defend melo? Get off his nuts and mine.

yeah im trying to read actual analysis about the game and here he goes back with his melo BS. literally every single thread he does this. dude doesn't even talk about the knicks at all
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#311 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:It's all semantics

FO clearly views Kanter, THJ, and Doug as part of the young core, while the people complaining about the young guys getting PT don't

Also, anyone who says we're winning because of Jack needs to have their fan liscense revoked. The only vet that's really winning us games is Lee, and even he only really won us the game last night

Bingo. The fact that below replacement level players play over their heads around KP is what people are excited about. One of the true hallmarks of a legit superstar.

Dotson and Frank will rise in the rotation if and when they earn it. Which forces them to, wait for it, develop in practice sessions. Willy - who knows what's going on there?
BAF Clippers

sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#312 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:

yeah im trying to read actual analysis about the game and here he goes back with his melo BS. literally every single thread he does this. dude doesn't even talk about the knicks at all

Same two people on my azz I see. Even though there is no anti Melo made post on here that i made and there was just that one made post responding to it, I have again been falsely accused by these same people. Smh
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#313 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:04 pm

Jack being better than Sessions is a reason for many of the wins, because if Sessions were playing instead of Jack we could easily have only 4-6 wins.

Jack is also the reason we haven't won some games too because he's not great and we still need a better PG.

but all things being equal, Jack has indeed been a difference maker overall. He is simply a stop-gap solution with short-term relevance.
ImageImageImage
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#314 » by j4remi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:07 pm

Capn'O wrote:
The Knicks haven't actually had a "weak schedule."

Top 10 SOS:
http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Positive SRS rating:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html

They have played a lot of home games. Concern that they'll fall off when the schedule gets more road heavy is warranted. But that January run has plenty of winnable games.

:dontknow: I don't really think you can look at SOS in a vacuum and ignore home court advantage to say the schedule wasn't weak. That's why I paired them leading up to that post.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#315 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:08 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

+100000 jeff has to go.

What makes you think Jeff is defying management's wishes?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#316 » by DOT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:08 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Jack being better than Sessions is a reason for many of the wins, because if Sessions were playing instead of Jack we could easily have only 4-6 wins.

Jack is also the reason we haven't won some games too because he's not great and we still need a better PG.

but all things being equal, Jack has indeed been a difference maker overall. He is simply a stop-gap solution with short-term relevance.

That's more of a testament to how bad Sessions is than how good Jack is

I was talking more about the people that talk like he's the one winning us games, as opposed to KP, Timmy, and Kanter
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#317 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:08 pm

sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

Same two people on my azz I see. Even though there is no anti Melo made post on here that i made and there was just that one made post responding to it, I have again been falsely accused by these same people. Smh

ah classic sushibear. playing the victim. quote of the day for you

good day sir.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#318 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:09 pm

Pretty much
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#319 » by WajaBawl » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:11 pm

Isn't closing out games part of the development process tho? Frank consistently gets pulled out in the 4th. Courtney Lee has carried us to more wins than just one. You develop by playing, not sitting and watching from the bench.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#320 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:15 pm

WajaBawl wrote:Isn't closing out games part of the development process tho? Frank consistently gets pulled out in the 4th. Courtney Lee has carried us to more wins than just one. You develop by playing, not sitting and watching from the bench.

Frank was consistently finishing games last month, then his play dipped a little.

I would love to see him close games out again.

Return to New York Knicks