ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Grizz Postgame

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Re: Knicks-Grizz Postgame 

Post#321 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yeah im trying to read actual analysis about the game and here he goes back with his melo BS. literally every single thread he does this. dude doesn't even talk about the knicks at all

Same two people on my azz I see. Even though there is no anti Melo made post on here that i made and there was just that one made post responding to it, I have again been falsely accused by these same people. Smh

ah classic sushibear. playing the victim. quote of the day for you

good day sir.

You're telling me that on every single thread Im responsible for all the anti melo? Yo gtfoh... you specifically search for any anti Melo post and the ones especially made by me and when you do fine it you go all hitler. Get a life please

Besides, the post I made here was responding to a poster talking about melo and I just chime in yet you target me not that individual. You're a classic troll. I applaud you. I'm done.

Good day sir
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#322 » by WajaBawl » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:19 pm

GONYK wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:Isn't closing out games part of the development process tho? Frank consistently gets pulled out in the 4th. Courtney Lee has carried us to more wins than just one. You develop by playing, not sitting and watching from the bench.

Frank was consistently finishing games last month, then his play dipped a little.

I would love to see him close games out again.

And he was finishing them well. I feel like getting minutes in crunch time would be tremendous for him regaining his confidence.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#323 » by taj2133 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:19 pm

WajaBawl wrote:Isn't closing out games part of the development process tho? Frank consistently gets pulled out in the 4th. Courtney Lee has carried us to more wins than just one. You develop by playing, not sitting and watching from the bench.

The reason he got pulled out in 4 quarter was because in third quarter he missed that layup i don't how he could miss that layup. In 4 quarter he had turnover and jeff had enough wanted to win the game.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,630

Post#324 » by mpharris36 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:20 pm

GONYK wrote:

Frank was consistently finishing games last month, then his play dipped a little.

I think he should start because I think playing alongside KP and Kanter will only help his game. Those two guys demend so much attention that will open up driving lanes and also in turn up franks assists.

I have no doubt Frank could be doing exactly what Jack is doing in the starting lineup with much better defense. Playing with Lance THomas and KOQ just ain't the same.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: RE: Re: Knicks-Grizz Postgame 

Post#325 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I think he should start because I think playing alongside KP and Kanter will only help his game. Those two guys demend so much attention that will open up driving lanes and also in turn up franks assists.

I have no doubt Frank could be doing exactly what Jack is doing in the starting lineup with much better defense. Playing with Lance THomas and KOQ just ain't the same.

I don't disagree. I think his foul trouble is only thing holding him back at this point.

Jack is better taking care of the ball for the most part too, but he benefits from better spacing with the starters.

Frank will get there once he gets comfortable taking chances with his own offense.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,679

Post#326 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:23 pm

K P 6 wrote:Someone ask Jeff about the youth and development. We developing them in practice huh?

willy has to be your only complaint. young players are getting time. frank is on a very long leash. dot got some starts.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#327 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:26 pm

sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Same two people on my azz I see. Even though there is no anti Melo made post on here that i made and there was just that one made post responding to it, I have again been falsely accused by these same people. Smh

ah classic sushibear. playing the victim. quote of the day for you

good day sir.

You're telling me that on every single thread Im responsible for all the anti melo? Yo gtfoh... you specifically search for any anti Melo post and the ones especially made by me and when you do fine it you go all hitler. Get a life please

Besides, the post I made here was responding to a poster talking about melo and I just chime in yet you target me not that individual. You're a classic troll. I applaud you. I'm done.

Good day sir

i love how you act like you didn't do anything. it's astonishing :lol: keep it up
u remind me of trump :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#328 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:26 pm

j4remi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
The Knicks haven't actually had a "weak schedule."

Top 10 SOS:
http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Positive SRS rating:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html

They have played a lot of home games. Concern that they'll fall off when the schedule gets more road heavy is warranted. But that January run has plenty of winnable games.

:dontknow: I don't really think you can look at SOS in a vacuum and ignore home court advantage to say the schedule wasn't weak. That's why I paired them leading up to that post.

I've seen both arguments made. That we're all of a sudden going to start playing better opponents on the road. The better opponents part isn't true. Now, if the team doesn't figure out how to get up for road games then, yes, they'll fall back considerably. Like, they should smack Chicago tomorrow if they have any intention of keeping up with a .500 pace.

I offer that a confounding variable is KP's availability for the past few road games. And we were missing him for the first road game with Orlando too. We ain't **** without him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#329 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:27 pm

GONYK wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I don’t care that we’re winning IF it’s with the young guys taking us there.

Watching us lean on vets playing well RIGHT NOW is not OK with me because this **** is not sustainable.

+100000 jeff has to go.

What makes you think Jeff is defying management's wishes?

Its not that i think hes defying the front offices wishes, its that i dont think hes a good coach at all. Especially when it comes to developing talent.

Imo he's a big reason why frank has struggled mightily this season.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#330 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:29 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:ah classic sushibear. playing the victim. quote of the day for you

good day sir.

Good day sir

i love how you act like you didn't do anything. it's astonishing :lol: keep it up

Quality post. "You remind me of trump." Thats a good one.

Cute gif.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#331 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:29 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
GONYK wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
+100000 jeff has to go.

Its not that i think hes defying the front offices wishes, its that i dont think hes a good coach at all. Especially when it comes to developing talent.

I'm interested in why you feel that. Care to elaborate?
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#332 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:30 pm

sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:

Good day sir

Cute gif.

thanks. you call me hitler, i simply came back with a good name for you as well.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#333 » by GONYK » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
The Knicks haven't actually had a "weak schedule."

Top 10 SOS:
http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Positive SRS rating:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html

They have played a lot of home games. Concern that they'll fall off when the schedule gets more road heavy is warranted. But that January run has plenty of winnable games.

:dontknow: I don't really think you can look at SOS in a vacuum and ignore home court advantage to say the schedule wasn't weak. That's why I paired them leading up to that post.

I've seen both arguments made. That we're all of a sudden going to start playing better opponents on the road. The better opponents part isn't true. Now, if the team doesn't figure out how to get up for road games then, yes, they'll fall back considerably. Like, they should smack Chicago tomorrow if they have any intention of keeping up with a .500 pace.

I offer that a confounding variable is KP's availability for the past few road games. And we were missing him for the first road game with Orlando too. We ain't **** without him.

I don't really think the home/away distinction matters in the big picture.

If the Knicks are a dominant home team, and weak road team, that would still yield a record in the .500 range.

It really just comes down to whether or not they can beat the teams they are supposed to, and few they aren't.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#334 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:33 pm

Let's stop and get a hot dog. Cut the personal attacks.
BAF Clippers

sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#335 » by sushibear » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Image

Cute gif.

thanks. you call me hitler, i simply came back with a good name for you as well.

Just stating the obvious. You act all hitler when it comes to any posters mentioning melo. I don't know how I would be trump tho when you would close the borders for all the anti melos. I mean your ignore list must be full.

Warned - Cap

Hot dog break

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#336 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:34 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
j4remi wrote:

I don't really think the home/away distinction matters in the big picture.

If the Knicks are a dominant home team, and weak road team, that would still yield a record in the .500 range.

At this point, the math works out that the Knicks will need to win some road games to hit that mark. At a better clip than they currently have.
BAF Clippers

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#337 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:36 pm

sushibear wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
sushibear wrote:

Cute gif.

Just stating the obvious. You act all hitler when it comes to any posters mentioning melo. I don't know how I would be trump tho when you would close the borders for all the anti melos. I mean your ignore list must be full.

me and a couple of others have also stated the obvious. you derail every thread about melo. no one cares about him anymore.

sorry if the truth hurts. go take a look in the mirror.

im done here.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#338 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:37 pm

Greenie wrote:I need Lee, KOQ, Lance, Sessions, Kanter and Beasley traded ASAP.

I want a starting lineup of:

Willy
KP
Timmy
DDot
Frank

I need it.

Those trades(with the exception of Sessions & Beas) will net us a combination of mid to late firsts, 2nd round picks, expirings, and possibly some young players with potential who are buried behind vets on good teams.

This may lead to more L's but hey...we've developed the youth and that's also one more major piece/asset incoming in June.

With such assets, youth and many picks, we can trade for young stars when they hit the trading block....and they hit the block EVERY YEAR.

We're always on the sidelines window shopping when Boogie, Paul George, Kyrie etc. hit the block....heck we couldn't even acquire D'angelo Russel...and it sucks every time. :x
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Re: RE: Re: Knicks-Grizz Postgame 

Post#339 » by DOT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:38 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I don't disagree. I think his foul trouble is only thing holding him back at this point.

Jack is better taking care of the ball for the most part too, but he benefits from better spacing with the starters.

Frank will get there once he gets comfortable taking chances with his own offense.

There's been quite a few games where Frank has subbed in and gotten 2 fouls within a couple minutes

Part of that is obviously refs not giving him as much leeway cause he's a rookie, but that's probably the biggest reason why he isn't starting

He should do much better with the starters than he does with the bench, but he's only 20 games into his rookie year, and he hasn't even turned 20 yet. He'll learn
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#340 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:48 pm

GONYK wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I'm interested in why you feel that. Care to elaborate?

Frank should be getting the majority of his minutes with the first unit. Thats where is his skills would be better utilized.

Instead he plays him mostly with the second unit where his inability to break down a defense is amplified. He also should be getting the majority of his minutes with the kp which he hasn't.

Theirs absolutely no way jarret jack should have played 32 mins to franks 20 last night none.

I could go on and on about his rotation mismanagement but its clear he's just a horrible coach so that speaks for itself.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks