Trade ideas

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#201 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:10 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:Just for fun:

Jazz Trade: Rudy Gobert, Alec Burks, Raul Neto, Tony Bradley and their own 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than LAC's 2018 1st round pick
Jazz Receive: Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and 2018 LAC's 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's own 2018 1st round pick

LAC Trade: DeAndre Jordan and their own 2018 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's 2018 1st round pick
LAC Receive: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley, DJ Wilson and Utah's 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than their own 2018 1st round pick

Bucks Trade: Khris Middelton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and DJ Wilson
Bucks Receive: DeAndre Jordan, Alec Burks and Raul Neto

:D

Why for Jazz:
We re-sign Favors, Exum, Hood and Jabari and roll with the rotations of:

Exum/Rubio
Mitchell/Hood/O'Neale
Middleton/Ingles/Sefolosha
Jabari/Jerebko
Favors/Udoh

And we more than likely swap with LAC for their 1st round pick for this upcoming draft, which is probably going to be a top 8 pick.

We could always look to move Hood, Rubio, Johnson, Thabo, Jerebko, Ingles etc. in other moves if we wanted. But the idea is that you'd rebuild around a core of Exum, Mitchell, Middleton, Jabari and Favors (and the LAC pick).

I know... it's crazy. But still fun to think about.

If I’m trading Gobert it’s for KAT, Giannis, or Love and the Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#202 » by babyjax13 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:47 am

This might need some balancing, but if Conley is potentially on the market Utah seems like the right fit (and I honestly would love to have him here). Especially with our second best player cost controlled through the life of Conley's contract, we make more sense than other teams (and I don't think this can be overstated).

Utah trades: Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Ricky Rubio, Joe Johnson, 2018 1st (top 10 protected, top 5, unprotected), 2018 2nd, 2020 2nd
Utah receives: Mike Conley, JaMychal Green, Jabari Parker, Patrick Beverly
Utah takes some risk with Conley and Parker to make a jump. Green and Beverly are players who just fit well.

Memphis trades: Mike Conley, JaMychal Green
Memphis receives: Rodney Hood, Rashad Vaughn, Mirza Teletovic, Wesley Johnson, 2018 UTA 1st (top 10, top 5, unprotected)
Memphis moves long term salaries (especially pending the current ownership situation) while also adding some young wings with potential (one of which who is already very good) and banks on a potential late-lottery pick or a pick that just misses the lottery.

Milwaukee trades: Jabari Parker, Mirza Teletovic, Rashad Vaughn
Milwaukee receives: Derrick Favors, Joe Johnson, 2018 UTA 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd
The Milwaukee part of this deal is the iffiest for me, but they add a center who can score, pass, hit a midrange jumper, etc. (a superior fit to Jordan, averaged 17/9 as a starting center with good passing and rim protection) moves Teletovic for an expiring contract that can do the same thing when healthy, and adds some potential cost controlled contracts in the future (maybe some other compensation needs to come here?).

LA Clippers trade: Patrick Beverly, Wesley Johnson
LA Clippers receive: Ricky Rubio
With their collection of injured point guards, it makes sense to get someone who is healthy. Rubio fits with their spread attack, but if they call this year a wash and decide to tank then maybe this makes less sense (maybe a 2nd rounder or two needs to go here?).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#203 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:26 am

Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#204 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:10 am

babyjax13 wrote:This might need some balancing, but if Conley is potentially on the market Utah seems like the right fit (and I honestly would love to have him here). Especially with our second best player cost controlled through the life of Conley's contract, we make more sense than other teams (and I don't think this can be overstated).

Utah trades: Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Ricky Rubio, Joe Johnson, 2018 1st (top 10 protected, top 5, unprotected), 2018 2nd, 2020 2nd
Utah receives: Mike Conley, JaMychal Green, Jabari Parker, Patrick Beverly
Utah takes some risk with Conley and Parker to make a jump. Green and Beverly are players who just fit well.

Memphis trades: Mike Conley, JaMychal Green
Memphis receives: Rodney Hood, Rashad Vaughn, Mirza Teletovic, Wesley Johnson, 2018 UTA 1st (top 10, top 5, unprotected)
Memphis moves long term salaries (especially pending the current ownership situation) while also adding some young wings with potential (one of which who is already very good) and banks on a potential late-lottery pick or a pick that just misses the lottery.

Milwaukee trades: Jabari Parker, Mirza Teletovic, Rashad Vaughn
Milwaukee receives: Derrick Favors, Joe Johnson, 2018 UTA 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd
The Milwaukee part of this deal is the iffiest for me, but they add a center who can score, pass, hit a midrange jumper, etc. (a superior fit to Jordan, averaged 17/9 as a starting center with good passing and rim protection) moves Teletovic for an expiring contract that can do the same thing when healthy, and adds some potential cost controlled contracts in the future (maybe some other compensation needs to come here?).

LA Clippers trade: Patrick Beverly, Wesley Johnson
LA Clippers receive: Ricky Rubio
With their collection of injured point guards, it makes sense to get someone who is healthy. Rubio fits with their spread attack, but if they call this year a wash and decide to tank then maybe this makes less sense (maybe a 2nd rounder or two needs to go here?).

Bucks and Clips say no.

Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#205 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:15 am

If Conley is the target I'd just offer JJ, Rubio, Bradley, protected top 7 pick this year. That's more than enough value IMO. They get a fill in of Rubio, a young big man, an expiring to clear cap space, and a mid first round draft pick. IMO Conleys deal is so large it's going to hurt the last season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#206 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:11 am

GobertReport wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:Just for fun:

Jazz Trade: Rudy Gobert, Alec Burks, Raul Neto, Tony Bradley and their own 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than LAC's 2018 1st round pick
Jazz Receive: Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and 2018 LAC's 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's own 2018 1st round pick

LAC Trade: DeAndre Jordan and their own 2018 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's 2018 1st round pick
LAC Receive: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley, DJ Wilson and Utah's 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than their own 2018 1st round pick

Bucks Trade: Khris Middelton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and DJ Wilson
Bucks Receive: DeAndre Jordan, Alec Burks and Raul Neto

:D

Why for Jazz:
We re-sign Favors, Exum, Hood and Jabari and roll with the rotations of:

Exum/Rubio
Mitchell/Hood/O'Neale
Middleton/Ingles/Sefolosha
Jabari/Jerebko
Favors/Udoh

And we more than likely swap with LAC for their 1st round pick for this upcoming draft, which is probably going to be a top 8 pick.

We could always look to move Hood, Rubio, Johnson, Thabo, Jerebko, Ingles etc. in other moves if we wanted. But the idea is that you'd rebuild around a core of Exum, Mitchell, Middleton, Jabari and Favors (and the LAC pick).

I know... it's crazy. But still fun to think about.

If I’m trading Gobert it’s for KAT, Giannis, or Love and the Brooklyn.

Fwiw, Gobert is better than KAT and Middleton and Jabari + the LAC pick this year will be better than Love + the Nets pick.

But like I said, it's just for fun. Not realistic at all.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#207 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:57 pm

I still think the only realistic (.01%) trade I see of Gobert leaving is for Wall. Wall and Gortat for Gobert and Rubio.

Wall is on a six year deal. If the Jazz believe he is the real deal, they would consider it IMO.

Wall and DM can be a very formidable guard combo. Then Exum, Hood, Ingles are the "Wings", and Favs mans down the middle. I am not sure it is better than a core group around Gobert. I would guess it is not a better group. But the offense would be really good. Wall is known for his driving and passing. If Quin is set on exploring his offense taken to the highest level it can achieve, the Jazz have to consider Gobert for a high volume offensive minded player. How many would ever be on the market? Wall being traded to allow Beal more control make some sense.

Wall and DM is a top 3-4 PG-SG combo. Curry/Klay, Dame/CJ, and Wall/Donovan would be the top three for the next few years IMO. With Wall and DM having a higher defensive capability than Dame and CJ IMO.

I don't think this would ever happen as both GM's fear of being on the wrong end of the trade.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#208 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:32 pm

TyCobb wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6974880

Go easy on me... lol

Maybe need to tweak it a bit but that's a Yes from me.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#209 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:57 pm

I need help on value and making money work:

Jazz out: Favors, Hood, and Rubio
Jazz in: Jabari, Delly, Wright, and Vaughn

Memphis out: Conley, Wright, and filler
Memphis in: Rubio, Wiggins, and Maker

Milwaukee out: Jabari, Delly, and Vaughn
Milwaukee in: Hood and DeAndre

Minny out: Wiggins
Minny in: Favors

LAC out: DeAndre
LAC in: Conley
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#210 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:05 pm

GobertReport wrote:I need help on value and making money work:

You have proposed many many trades all with the hope we get Jabari. The Jazz have proven to be risk averse. They are most likely not trading for Jabari. And I have to agree with the Jazz on this one. Jabari destroyed his knees twice now. Not worth the risk.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#211 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:06 pm

Go easy on me... lol

I would seriously consider this
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6975291 plus a future 1st from Lakers to Jazz.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#212 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:08 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:

You have proposed many many trades all with the hope we get Jabari. The Jazz have proven to be risk averse. They are most likely not trading for Jabari. And I have to agree with the Jazz on this one. Jabari destroyed his knees twice now. Not worth the risk.

Or swap Middleton for Jabari.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#213 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:52 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

If that is what you are interested in just do a Middleton for Favors and Hood swap. Not saying I love the deal, but it could make some sense. I think the Bucks say no, but not because Favs and Hood are worth less than Middleton. I think the problem is the Bucks have to move some of their bad contracts soon. Those Delly and Henson contracts are bad. If they move Middleton or Jabari they are going to want to attach one of Henson and Delly, and I say hell no to those contacts. I want a first if we take one of those contracts.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#214 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:59 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

If that is what you are interested in just do a Middleton for Favors and Hood swap. Not saying I love the deal, but it could make some sense. I think the Bucks say no, but not because Favs and Hood are worth less than Middleton. I think the problem is the Bucks have to move some of their bad contracts soon. Those Delly and Henson contracts are bad. If they move Middleton or Jabari they are going to want to attach one of Henson and Delly, and I say hell no to those contacts. I want a first if we take one of those contracts.

The only way I would want Delly is if we moved Rubio.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#215 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:00 pm

Also has anyone listened to the Locke Podcasts? He keeps mentioning Wiggins, I find that interesting.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#216 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:08 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

The only way I would want Delly is if we moved Rubio.

Rubio is much more valuable and on a shorter contract. At worst, Rubio off the bench for the rest of the year and next is fine. Delly for three years is brutal.

Favs, Hood, Rubio for Middleton, Delly, and a unprotected first round draft pick I would consider. If the Bucks were unwilling to trade a first I would want first round draft swap rights for 2018 and 2020 and two second round draft picks. Those swap rights probably end up being nothing which is why I would demand 2 seconds. And even then, I am not sure I would do it. Dellys contract is garbage.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Trade ideas 

Post#217 » by sipclip » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:58 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:

Go easy on me... lol

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6975291 plus a future 1st from Lakers to Jazz.

I love Kuzma but we shouldn't be giving up extra value like Bradley and O'Neal for taking on Deng.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#218 » by zero24gravity » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:02 pm

GobertReport wrote:Also has anyone listened to the Locke Podcasts? He keeps mentioning Wiggins, I find that interesting.

Haven't heard the podcast, but I'd rather Wiggins over Parker, who people keep bringing up despite being a perpetually injured player who we have no clue if he'll ever even play at a high level again.

Wiggins is a defensive garbage pile at this point, but surrounded by the Jazz's defensive scheme, coaching, & players might find a way to use his amazing physical gifts to at least be passable.

Not saying I love it ... but he is a potential #1 or #2 scorer to go with Mitchell, that very well could make a difference.

What would it cost & do you want to pay him that massive contract are big questions that I'd like to hear Locke's opinion on.

Also, Wiggins has a "poison pill contract" when it comes to trading him. It would be really hard to get a trade to work, even if the Jazz liked the idea.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#219 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:25 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Also has anyone listened to the Locke Podcasts? He keeps mentioning Wiggins, I find that interesting.

Haven't heard the podcast, but I'd rather Wiggins over Parker, who people keep bringing up despite being a perpetually injured player who we have no clue if he'll ever even play at a high level again.

Wiggins is a defensive garbage pile at this point, but surrounded by the Jazz's defensive scheme, coaching, & players might find a way to use his amazing physical gifts to at least be passable.

Not saying I love it ... but he is a potential #1 or #2 scorer to go with Mitchell, that very well could make a difference.

What would it cost & do you want to pay him that massive contract are big questions that I'd like to hear Locke's opinion on.

Also, Wiggins has a "poison pill contract" when it comes to trading him. It would be really hard to get a trade to work, even if the Jazz liked the idea.

This trade was a mother **** bitch:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7wqp5sc

Jazz would have to send additional compensation to Chicago.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Re: RE: Re: Trade ideas 

Post#220 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:44 pm

sipclip wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:

Go easy on me... lol

I love Kuzma but we shouldn't be giving up extra value like Bradley and O'Neal for taking on Deng.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, but Mitchell, Kuzma and Gobert (all young, two on rookie deals)- need we say more?

The Jazz would only be able to commit to two of Burks, Hood and Exum (perhaps only one of them depending on how RFA goes), and would take a hit in wins and $ this season, and certainly take a hit with $ and flexibility next season, but after that there is some cap space and it could be the foundation of a team that could make some noise.

Return to Utah Jazz