lebron uses 2k to visualize line ups

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KFL
Junior
And1: 300

Re: lebron uses 2k to visualize line ups 

Post#41 » by KFL » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:17 pm

No wonder he always makes comments about getting help. he probably make unrealistic video games trades and figures GM should be able to make them for real.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#42 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:59 pm

Only play Franchise and Play now online so I like 2k, but the way the game has to make players play like their best self at all times makes it hard to see how it would be useful for any NBA team.
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Post#43 » by yesh » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:00 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:I've always wondered if players used 2K as some sort of tool. Say what you want about it just being a video game, but it can be very useful in the right hands. Especially the MyPlayer mode.

It's a tired game of animation-heavy action. I play 2k a lot and if any NBA players learn anything from playing myplayer mode, they should find a new career.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#44 » by jacoby1us » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:30 pm

BloodNinja wrote:
dark shark wrote:This is perfect unintentional advertising.. good going 2k.. except your PC version is buggy as hell.

All versions are buggy. 2K seems to make one good game every 2-3 years and then trash in between. I've already ditched my 2k18 because it was unplayable.

2k18 is definitely not good, not a fan of this version at all. I have all of the 2ks and by far this one just seems rushed and incomplete.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#45 » by Edrees » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:32 pm

Maybe Lebron should get his assistant coach Lue a copy so he can have a better chance at learning the game plan during pre game warmups
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#46 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:53 pm

jacoby1us wrote:
BloodNinja wrote:
dark shark wrote:This is perfect unintentional advertising.. good going 2k.. except your PC version is buggy as hell.

All versions are buggy. 2K seems to make one good game every 2-3 years and then trash in between. I've already ditched my 2k18 because it was unplayable.

2k18 is definitely not good, not a fan of this version at all. I have all of the 2ks and by far this one just seems rushed and incomplete.

What are your issues with it? For me the gameplay is the best it's ever been
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#47 » by zronv7 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:03 pm

I use to 2k to determine how I post on realgm
dark shark
Junior
And1: 164

Post#48 » by dark shark » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:22 pm

SuperDario wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:
BloodNinja wrote:

yea i second that. it maybe that expectations are going through the roof or some people (not u ninja) don't see the subtle changes they make year to year that make all the difference.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,745

Post#49 » by UcanUwill » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:32 pm

2k rosters nowadays are pretty accurate, so I can see that. Back in the day 2k had terrible roster sliders. Like going back to 2012 or something, Rubio had defensive stats in the 50s, or Josh Childress having 3 point rating of 79, rosters were awful, you could tell these roster editors had no clue on some players at all. Now its complete opposite, most players are represented pretty well I would say.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#50 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:32 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:Sounds legit. I became the basketball dynamo I am today by playing Street Sports Basketball.

It befuddles the mind to think about how many GMs have overlooked Magic, Vic, and Mohawk.

that music is FIYA!!!

Also 2K's gameplay this year is pretty damn good. So I could see this concept of Bron's working out.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:37 pm

dark shark wrote:
SuperDario wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:

yea i second that. it maybe that expectations are going through the roof or some people (not u ninja) don't see the subtle changes they make year to year that make all the difference.

I find that a lot of people who complain about the gameplay are typically those who want a less realistic game. Don't appreciate the timing and benefits of letting a play develop. It's a pretty intelligent game this season I think.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
dark shark
Junior

Post#52 » by dark shark » Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:56 am

Marcus wrote:
dark shark wrote:
SuperDario wrote:

I find that a lot of people who complain about the gameplay are typically those who want a less realistic game. Don't appreciate the timing and benefits of letting a play develop. It's a pretty intelligent game this season I think.

I love the fade roll option they added this year, and you can choose who you want the screen from and which side.. and you decide when they should roll, it's amazing. I can finally get nowitzki to fade on a high screen where in other games he would just roll to the basket.
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#53 » by ZemGOAT » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:47 pm

I moved on to Live
I hate how everything online is controlled by microtransactions.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#54 » by LastNameEver » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:06 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:I moved on to Live

Moving on to a game with outdated mechanics is not the answer.

Besides EA sports invented the micro transaction in sports games.
If Live ever gets popular you'll be in for a nightmare.
ZemGOAT
Veteran

Post#55 » by ZemGOAT » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:27 pm

The Boy wrote:

Besides EA sports invented the micro transaction in games.

Live 18 rn is the more fun game for me as of rn. In thier career mode you cant buy out your player like 2K you have to earn it. In thier Ultimate team mode game is rewarding if you grind on it and you dont feel the need to pay $100 for nothing guaranteed but a bunch of silvers and bronzes. EA may have invented it but they at least control how they use it and not make everything microtransactions. This is just years of frustration building up playing 2K and this years game was the breaking point.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#56 » by Frozzy » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:31 pm

fouronesix22 wrote:2k is horrible. Because they are basically a monopoly they dont improve the game because they know people will buy their **** game every year. **** 2k

Loved 2k11 - 2k14 but yeah the series has obviously been ruined by microtransactions

Also
Read on Twitter
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#57 » by LastNameEver » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:43 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:
The Boy wrote:

Live 18 rn is the more fun game for me as of rn. In thier career mode you cant buy out your player like 2K you have to earn it. In thier Ultimate team mode game is rewarding if you grind on it and you dont feel the need to pay $100 for nothing guaranteed but a bunch of silvers and bronzes. EA may have invented it but they at least control how they use it and not make everything microtransactions. This is just years of frustration building up playing 2K and this years game was the breaking point.
You're not thinking big picture.

Games in general are doomed in this era where the pay to win consumer has the final say on what developers pay attention to. It will happen in Live too..
Right now they're still trying to get people to like their product.
ZemGOAT
Veteran

Post#58 » by ZemGOAT » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:08 pm

The Boy wrote:
ZemGOAT wrote:
The Boy wrote:Moving on to a game with outdated mechanics is not the answer.

You're not thinking big picture.

Games in general are doomed in this era where the pay to win consumer has the final say on what developers pay attention to. It will happen in Live too..
Right now they're still trying to get people to like their product.

But it hasnt happened to live yet and you cant get any worse with microtransactions than 2K18 this year.
I play Madden and Fifa, the way they implement it is prefer over 2K anytime because they found the perfect balance between microtransactions, Grinders, and casuals.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by Marcus » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:06 pm

dark shark wrote:
Marcus wrote:
dark shark wrote:

I love the fade roll option they added this year, and you can choose who you want the screen from and which side.. and you decide when they should roll, it's amazing. I can finally get nowitzki to fade on a high screen where in other games he would just roll to the basket.

Its a really smart game gameplay wise and I think we're going to start to see a huge divide between those who want to play a video game with real life situations and adjustments and those who just want to play a video game. I just hope those who jump ship to Live don't deter 2k from the current path they're on with their gameplay because I for one want my basketball to be basketball.
Watch More Basketball

dark shark
Junior

Post#60 » by dark shark » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:55 pm

Marcus wrote:
dark shark wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Its a really smart game gameplay wise and I think we're going to start to see a huge divide between those who want to play a video game with real life situations and adjustments and those who just want to play a video game. I just hope those who jump ship to Live don't deter 2k from the current path they're on with their gameplay because I for one want my basketball to be basketball.

My friend and I used to play 2k a lot in middle school/ highschool. At that time, kids who didn't even know about basketball or play ball were buying 2k9 and 2k10 because they wanted to play with the "Heats" lol. This is when D-Wade was going off. I'd invite a bunch of my friends to my house for tournaments. Anyways my friend wanted to get back in it and I told him there was no way he can play the current 2k18, its really not built for casuals. I can understand how the same crowd that loved 2k whatever can call 2k18 the worst. I also hope they don't start catering to casual players who just want to use Turbo + Dunk the whole game. Have you noticed how 2k17 was harder than 2k18?

Return to The General Board