KNICKS / JAZZ / BUCKS (Rubio to NY)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

KNICKS / JAZZ / BUCKS (Rubio to NY) 

Post#1 » by Pass_the_rock » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:46 pm

Knicks ship Lance Thomas, Baker, Hernangomez and future 2nd for Rubio

Jazz trade Rubio for Dellavedova and 2nd rd picks from Knicks and Bucks

Bucks trade Delly and a 2nd for Thomas, Baker, Hernangomez

NYK do it to get a starting level PG for spare parts. Rubio and his contract fits the developmental timeline of Frank and provides safety net if Frank doesn't develop.

Jazz get a utility PG that fits their system better and comes with less ego for a future bench role, they also regain some draft value they spent in Rubio trade.

Bucks get rid of Delly who's stuck behind Bled and Brog. They get a possible Monroe replacement in WHG.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: KNICKS / JAZZ / BUCKS (Rubio to NY) 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:12 pm

I don't really see the jazz helping the Bucks with Delly unless we can expand and trade Favors to them for Middleton.
Ingles is cooked.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#3 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:09 pm

GobertReport wrote: Favors to them for Middleton.

Favors does not make sense for us because of the contract situation. DJ has a much bigger expiring that would allow us to shed bad contracts and reboot if he opted out. Favors would have to be resigned, but then we have Bledsoe, Middleton and Brogdon all after NEXT season and whatever we are going to do with Parker. If we don't shed multiple of Delly, Mirza, Henson there just isn't enough money to keep all these guys.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:16 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Favors does not make sense for us because of the contract situation. DJ has a much bigger expiring that would allow us to shed bad contracts and reboot if he opted out. Favors would have to be resigned, but then we have Bledsoe, Middleton and Brogdon all after NEXT season and whatever we are going to do with Parker. If we don't shed multiple of Delly, Mirza, Henson there just isn't enough money to keep all these guys.

Favors for Middleton and Delly.
Ingles is cooked.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#5 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:17 pm

GobertReport wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Doesn't solve the problem I was discussing.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:18 pm

M-C-G wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Good teams pay money bro and I guess if you could attach Jabari to Henson and Mirza for expiring.
Ingles is cooked.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#7 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:20 pm

GobertReport wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Good teams pay money bro and I guess if you could attach Jabari to Henson and Mirza for expiring.

There isn't enough money and in that scenario, now we had to use Jabari AND Middleton to enable us to keep Favors.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#8 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:36 pm

M-C-G wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

There isn't enough money and in that scenario, now we had to use Jabari AND Middleton to enable us to keep Favors.

To keep Favors, Brogdon, and Bledsoe.
Ingles is cooked.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:49 pm

I like Favors but he's not worth Middleton. And the OP is just bad value for Utah.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#10 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:08 pm

HELL NO to taking Delly for second round draft picks. You can buy a late first for a couple million. Delays contract is worth at least an unprotected first round draft pick. And a mid or high pick. No way Utah takes his contract for a couple seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#11 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:20 pm

The Knicks are one of the few teams that i see Rubio fitting so well. Letting him run the point instead of putting him in the corner and have constant PnR plays with Porzingis and with some shooters around.

GOLD
slc24
Junior
And1: 65

Post#12 » by slc24 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:35 pm

I don’t think Bucks can get rid of Delly or Henson without attaching something of significance... and a second is not that. It would take either a lightly protected 1st or Jabari IMO
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#13 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 7, 2017 9:22 pm

slc24 wrote:I don’t think Bucks can get rid of Delly or Henson without attaching something of significance... and a second is not that. It would take either a lightly protected 1st or Jabari IMO

Henson has been playing himself into his contract since Moose left. He isn't the problem for us that he was last year. We will see how sustainable this is.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Pass_the_rock » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:06 pm

Would the Bucks deal a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd ?
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:34 am

Any knicks fans input ???
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#16 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:52 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:Any knicks fans input ???

For me, the deal is a no-go. Knicks are years from a real competitive team (2019-2020 should be good). This deal moves WHG (young asset) with two workers in Baker and Lance. The net result is likely a few more wins this season, a worse draft pick, possibly low seed in the playoffs (depending on health) and the chance the Rubio may be a good mentor to Frank.

FWIW, I would sooner try to sculpt a deal with Kantar involved or O'Quinn.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#17 » by Rockazoids » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:04 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:Any knicks fans input ???

This Knicks fan says nope,I wouldn't Hernangomez. Jarrett Jack is doing a great job showing Frank the ropes.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.

Return to Trades and Transactions