ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1881 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:mickey baby :D already pumped for baseball!

Read on Twitter

This shyt doesn't work. So now we're going to have a severely overworked bullpen. This sounds like what Girardi prematurely relieved for CC in the playoff game against the Indians after only 77 pitches when CC was dealing. I hate this shyt. I remember when Bob Gibson and others threw well over 250 innings every year.

Wingo, that's when men were men. Now they're more like blueNorange. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only is the BP going to be overworked (even with an 8th arm added), it also means that our bench will be shorthanded by one player.

Man, I'm not digging this new style of baseball. Games are taking too long and having all these relievers coming into the game disrupts the flow that is normally deliberate at best. And they have to go back to the regular baseball and be done with trying to mess with it. Many of the pitchers said that they couldn't get any real break or movement on the ball because the seams were much lower this past season. I'm tired of even the worst hitters in the everyday line-up hitting 15-20 HRs. It's either a strikeout or a HR. That sucks IMO. I'd rather see more pitching duels and more pitchers pitching into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings. And while I'm on a roll, fck these prissy relievers who break out into cold sweats when they're called in to pitch in the middle of an inning. "Oh no, I think I'm going to pee myself. There's one out and the bases are loaded. What am I gonna do? Mommmmmmy!!!!" Grow a set of balls like Al Hrabowsky and Tug McGraw and do your job. FOH
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1882 » by reub » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
This shyt doesn't work. So now we're going to have a severely overworked bullpen. This sounds like what Girardi prematurely relieved for CC in the playoff game against the Indians after only 77 pitches when CC was dealing. I hate this shyt. I remember when Bob Gibson and others threw well over 250 innings every year.

Wingo, that's when men were men. Now they're more like blueNorange. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only is the BP going to be overworked (even with an 8th arm added), it also means that our bench will be shorthanded by one player.

Man, I'm not digging this new style of baseball. Games are taking too long and having all these relievers coming into the game disrupts the flow that is normally deliberate at best. And they have to go back to the regular baseball and be done with trying to mess with it. Many of the pitchers said that they couldn't get any real break or movement on the ball because the seams were much lower this past season. I'm tired of even the worst hitters in the everyday line-up hitting 15-20 HRs. It's either a strikeout or a HR. That sucks IMO. I'd rather see more pitching duels and more pitchers pitching into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings. And while I'm on a roll, fck these prissy relievers who break out into cold sweats when they're called in to pitch in the middle of an inning. "Oh no, I think I'm going to pee myself. There's one out and the bases are loaded. What am I gonna do? Mommmmmmy!!!!" Grow a set of balls like Al Hrabowsky and Tug McGraw and do your job. FOH

Don't worry about it. The new manager is going to spread so much love around the clubhouse that pitchers and catchers will be hugging between innings.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#1883 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1884 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 am

Capn'O wrote:Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.

How about a thread for the Winter GM Meetings? Aren't they this week?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#1885 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.

How about a thread for the Winter GM Meetings? Aren't they this week?

Can't speak for the others but I wouldn't object to a new OT thread on that. Mostly trying to declutter the top of the board.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1886 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 pm

blueNorange wrote:mickey baby :D already pumped for baseball!

Read on Twitter

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/callaway-says-mets-will-use-judgement-and-data-in-deciding-when-to-pull-starting-pitchers/262058572

"I think you use every players' strengths to the max," he told WOR 710 AM. "We're going to be prepared going into the game, knowing who's a good matchup and who's not a good matchup. And if I see them tire, they're not going to get to face the lineup the third time through. But if they're showing us that they can continue to go and they're strong, and everything mechanically looks good, they're healthy and their stuff looks good, then they're going to pitch 12 innings if they can."

"There's going to be some nights when your No. 1 and 2 starter pitches like a fourth and fifth starter and you have to get him out of the game sooner than you think you would have to," Eiland explained to Carig. "There's going to be nights when your fourth and fifth starter pitch like ones and twos and get deeper into the game than you thought they would. You use the numbers, you use the data. But you also trust your eyes, your experiences, and use common sense."
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1887 » by blueNorange » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

okay?

mickey is the manager, and he didn't bring eiland aboard if he didn't share the same vision.

but congrats on learning to bold a sentence.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#1888 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:55 pm

Well at least Gordon and Stanton are finally out of the division, that's something right?

Oh things the Mets are actually doing... we're talking to guys... I think.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1889 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:24 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Well at least Gordon and Stanton are finally out of the division, that's something right?

And I think we're interested in some guys too. Who knows, maybe we'll even be intrigued.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1890 » by reub » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Well at least Gordon and Stanton are finally out of the division, that's something right?

And I think we're interested in some guys too. Who knows, maybe we'll even be intrigued.

Our new manager is going to give out so much love to everybody that we don't need any new players.
All you need is love.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1891 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

The Marlins got Starling Castro from the Yankees in the G.Stanton deal and i saw that the Mets are gonna call the Marlins about S.Castro which is someone i'd love to get.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1892 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:01 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Our new manager is going to give out so much love to everybody that we don't need any new players.
All you need is love.

I can dig it. That's a groovy message.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1893 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:02 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

The Marlins got Starling Castro from the Yankees in the G.Stanton deal and i saw that the Mets are gonna call the Marlins about S.Castro which is someone i'd love to get.

Ok, but what do we have to give up for him?
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#1894 » by TMU » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:07 pm

You mean talking to David Wright? I will believe it when I see it. :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1895 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:11 pm

TMU wrote:

Wright is done. I feel bad for the guy, but that's life. I'm sure he'll end up on his feet. :lol:
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#1896 » by TMU » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
TMU wrote:

Wright is done. I feel bad for the guy, but that's life. I'm sure he'll end up on his feet. :lol:

Dude was done since like a decade ago. Anyway, we still need an infielder, an outfielder, and a few pitchers to bolster the bullpen and possibly another starting pitcher. Pretty sure the Alderson and the Wilpons aren't going to spend this offseason, and aside from the getting Mickey Callaway, I'm not all that excited for this off-season.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1897 » by reub » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:39 pm

TMU wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
TMU wrote:

Dude was done since like a decade ago. Anyway, we still need an infielder, an outfielder, and a few pitchers to bolster the bullpen and possibly another starting pitcher. Pretty sure the Alderson and the Wilpons aren't going to spend this offseason, and aside from the getting Mickey Callaway, I'm not all that excited for this off-season.

It is a little early. Let's give them until tomorrow evening before we kill them. :lol:
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#1898 » by TMU » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:41 pm

reub wrote:
TMU wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

It is a little early. Let's give them until tomorrow evening before we kill them. :lol:

:lol:
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1899 » by reub » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:43 pm

TMU wrote:
reub wrote:
TMU wrote:

:lol:

You're a very good mod, my friend. We need more of you.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,901

Post#1900 » by Jeffrey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:56 am

<sigh> I really wanted Dee Gordon. I'm tired of players not getting on base with no threat at the top of the order. Gordon at 2B would've been perfect. Are we seriously asking Rosario to take an important role going into his first full season?

Return to New York Knicks