ImageImageImageImageImage

Going Down Memory Lane

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Going Down Memory Lane 

Post#1 » by gswhoop » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:54 pm

Let's hear some of your favorite memories..

2/27/13

I was visiting my cousin who recently moved to NYC and I planned my trip around the Warriors being in town and playing against the Knicks. Tickets were pretty pricey so we waited until we had a good deal on craigslist and picked up the tickets 1.5 hours before tips from a guy who showed us his license, gave us the printed tickets with his name on them. We roll up to the door and lo and behold the tickets wouldn't scan. We were told to talk to the box office and there they gave us the news that we've been scammed and that they were fake. Totally pissed and bummed and now out $350 we talked about watching the game at a nearby bar. The ticket sales lady told us that since it was within 30 minutes of the game, they are able to discount the tickets. She goes through a couple sections and saw that we were Warriors fans, she pointed out that the row behind the warriors players have 2 seats available. She said that they would be 50% off, we asked how much and she said $575ea. It took us a second to think about it and we knew that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We bought the tickets made our way through the garden floor and ate some fancy shrimp cocktails and champagne. We pull up to our seats and there, we were only separated by assistant coaches and water boys. I pretty much lost my voice that night, almost got into a fight with a Knicks fans and they were just lucky that the Knicks won the game. What Steph did that night was amazing, I believe that it was the game that put him on the map. He was unstoppable!

The fourth-year guard shot 18-for-28 (64.3 percent) from the field, hit a franchise-record 11 three-pointers in 13 attempts and went 7-of-7 from the free-throw line. Curry outscored his teammates 54-51 and made as many shots as them combined. He added seven assists, six rebounds and three steals in 48 minutes for the Warriors, who played without the suspended David Lee.

Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Re: Going Down Memory Lane 

Post#2 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:58 am

09-10 was my favorite year during the "bad years"

This was Nellie's last game, Steph went off. I just remember watching it feeling like nobody else on the planet was watching it. Then I heard from some beat reporter the next day that only like 20,000 people were watching :lol: It was a lot of d-leaguers and cast offs that played their asses off that year and Barnett said some really nice things about the squad after the game.

As far as live at the game memories. The C-Webb behind the back dunk over Barkley game was my first game ever.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#3 » by azwfan » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:44 am

"Sleepy Floyd is Superman."
Also Steve Kerr describing "We Believe"... "The Suns are organized chaos, well this is just chaos".
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,558

Post#4 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:40 am

I was at the Klay 37 point quarter game vs. Sacramento with a friend from Canada that is normally a hockey fan. "Hell, if all basketball games are like this, I'll watch a lot more basketball."
I was at the game where Curry broke the record for 3's in a game. Was my girlfriend (at the time)'s first basketball game. She also was like, "I should go to more of these!"
Best has to be being in the arena for the watch party when we won the title in 2015. Complete strangers crying, hugging, high fiving, laughing. It was glorious.

Probably tons of others. Very few of which involve Bob Sura, Todd Fuller, or Jason Caffey.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by Quazza » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:27 am

as an overseas fan, getting to a game in 05 was huge. Just rocking up to the Oracle , everyone rocking Warriors gear etc ... felt like "home"

The 2015 Championship was huge. Just not something I ever thought I'd see. Had my laptop at work, a jersey on paired with some dress pants...... tears. Many many tears

(a workmate happened to capture the moment ....... )

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,783

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:03 am

I have a couple of JRich memories... the putback dunk over Shawn Bradley, followed by the spinning full run 3 pointer at the buzzer to get GS's first win in Dallas in forever.

Also there was a game in Denver, when Denver was good and GS was bad, where JRich put up 42 and Doug Collins was announcing it on tv. Collins was talking about how the Warriors had been struggling right when JRich put the capper on the game, and he said something like "Jason Richardson says: Coach, don't worry about tonight - we aren't losing tonight!"
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#7 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:34 pm

Jamison's back to back 50 was pretty sweet.

55 game winning season with Webber and Billy Owens (91?) teams romp through the east coast and New York...nice.

Watching Agent Zero and JRich on the same team and having final hope for a young core was nice...

Turning point for this current team was the win in Miami over LB and Wade....especially Green dominating LB defensively during moments of that game.

And of course the Black Falcon's DUNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ...I think that was 2014?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#8 » by gswhoop » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:39 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Jamison's back to back 50 was pretty sweet.

55 game winning season with Webber and Billy Owens (91?) teams romp through the east coast and New York...nice.

Watching Agent Zero and JRich on the same team and having final hope for a young core was nice...

Turning point for this current team was the win in Miami over LB and Wade....especially Green dominating LB defensively during moments of that game.

And of course the Black Falcon's DUNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ...I think that was 2014?

Man I remember those days thinking that Arenas and Jrich would be a duo and then he bounced because we couldn't afford him.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#9 » by cladden » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:31 am

I saw the 27 point comeback against the Raptors back in 2013 in person and that was pretty damned sweet. I think it dawned on me that we were building something special then. I also fondly remember this game since I was there in person as well.

Baron Davis, when he was good, was pretty **** great to watch.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,168

Post#10 » by watch1958 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:38 pm

One of my favorite pieces of nostalgia is going back and reading this Bill Simmons article from March 2012.
http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

It was written at the end of the 2012 season, so it was right before the team began the current playoff run. It catalogued all the garbage we'd endured as fans for decades.

The best part is reading it and being able to say "Warriors don't do that s*** anymore. We went from being Fredo, to being Michael in just a couple of seasons."
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#11 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Best has to be being in the arena for the watch party when we won the title in 2015. Complete strangers crying, hugging, high fiving, laughing. It was glorious.

I was there, and even brought home confetti from the arena to keep as a souvenir haha.

The hugging and crying...

I was sitting near the top of the lower level, right next to the stairs, so I high fived all the people who were walking up the lower level to leave.

Everyone gave me a high five, but there was this lady in her 40s, when she saw my extended hand, it kind of caught her off-guard, but then she gave out a loud sentimental sigh of relief that sounded like a half-cry, half-laugh and she hugged me tight instead.

When that happened I knew she was one of the Warriors fans who endured a lot of sucking. Lol. Great moment to finally let out a sigh of relief.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#DubNation
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#12 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I moved to the Bay Area when Mitch was traded. Run TMC was over, but Tim, Sarunus, and Chris was very good. Ellie and Askew were also on that team. Too bad The team got injured and Billy Owens wasn't Dikembe who got drafted after Owens. That team sucked me in and set me up for enduring all the bad years.

Tim is still one of my favorite point guards and is my idea of what a point guard should be. Sarunas was very fun to watch and was very very good (at least on offense). Sarunas attacked the basket with an interesting Manu Ginobil like style. I wonder if Sarunas has been mostly forgotten about by NBA fans.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#13 » by cdubbz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 am

Jamison dropping 51 on the Kobe & shaq lakers
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#14 » by shazam_guy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am

I loved Sarunas. His last step to the basket was always weird and stretched out, but never quite a walk. He was a fave for sure.

I also loved our brief resurgence under Arenas. After a long drought, we suddenly felt like we had a chance to win any game. That was so rare in those days, so welcome.

It didn't last very long, however.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,175

Post#15 » by Impuniti » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#16 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 am

Quazza wrote:as an overseas fan, getting to a game in 05 was huge. Just rocking up to the Oracle , everyone rocking Warriors gear etc ... felt like "home"

The 2015 Championship was huge. Just not something I ever thought I'd see. Had my laptop at work, a jersey on paired with some dress pants...... tears. Many many tears

(a workmate happened to capture the moment ....... )

Dude, that's awesome. :clap:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm

One of my best memories was rookie year Chris Webber. I was doing work at his house in Blackhawk. He had his cousin staying with him to take care of the normal life stuff. His name was G. Webber was really cool and laid back. We shot some hoops with him in the back yard on a night where he was gonna play Utah. He had already worked up a minor hatred for Karl Malone and said that lots of guys in the league hated him.

The best part about working there was the candle wax in the master bedroom! it was wayyyy up the wall. Some crazy ish must have gone down in there. There was also a mini parade of chicks rolling through there. This was pre-Tyra Banks.

Have to say, if this team would have stayed together and Hardaway would have blended in after injury, they may have won a Title. This team was so much fun. You give thois team to Kerr and take it away from Nellie, we may have earned a title much earlier than the long wait we had.

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#18 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Mylie10 wrote:One of my best memories was rookie year Chris Webber. I was doing work at his house in Blackhawk. He had his cousin staying with him to take care of the normal life stuff. His name was G. Webber was really cool and laid back. We shot some hoops with him in the back yard on a night where he was gonna play Utah. He had already worked up a minor hatred for Karl Malone and said that lots of guys in the league hated him.

The best part about working there was the candle wax in the master bedroom! it was wayyyy up the wall. Some crazy ish must have gone down in there. There was also a mini parade of chicks rolling through there. This was pre-Tyra Banks.

Certain players you can just tell would have been man whores, not surprised at all with C Webb. Dude is smooth.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#19 » by Mylie10 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:One of my best memories was rookie year Chris Webber. I was doing work at his house in Blackhawk. He had his cousin staying with him to take care of the normal life stuff. His name was G. Webber was really cool and laid back. We shot some hoops with him in the back yard on a night where he was gonna play Utah. He had already worked up a minor hatred for Karl Malone and said that lots of guys in the league hated him.

Certain players you can just tell would have been man whores, not surprised at all with C Webb. Dude is smooth.

Check out the old Webber video from rookie year, in the playoffs, against Charles Barkley. Fun stuff. Coulda won a title!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#20 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:24 pm

I am too young to have appreciated Webber as a Warrior (was 3 when he was here) but I loved him when he was in Sacramento and I think he is the best color analyst this side of Jim Barnett. Mad respect for him

Return to Golden State Warriors