ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#8101 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 pm

poeman wrote:
DowNY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
There is all that noise that Machado wants to play SS next year though. What then?

Didi to 2B, Machado to SS, Torres to 3B? I'm kidding, of course.

Anything's possible. Lol

People think Harper is out the question, especially with word being that Machado wants to be a Yankee bad.
My thing is....if Miguel & Gleyber come in this season show something real nice, I think Cashman would be salivating at the fact of putting Harper in the OF with Judge & Stanton & rotating them all from RF,LF & DH.
A true baseball big 3. :D
Also, Harper is a lefty that can help balance the lineup out.

You have to get rid of Ellsbury...I also think its a pipedream we get Harper now. I really do, that guy may just do it and we become the Golden State of the MLB, just like the old days...But lets give our kids a chance too lol

I mean, next season - Ellsbury would be easier to move with just 2 seasons left. Though, there's been talk of getting him to Arizona (he has a home there) within these next few weeks if Arizone loses JD Martinez. With Yankees paying half of his contract.

Either way, Gardner expires after this season, so we wouldn't have to get rid of Ellsbury per say.
I'm all for letting our kids play. I'm also here for baseball domination. If there's a chance to nab him, we'd have to at least sit back & think about it. We're going after some big FA(s) next offseason. But at the end, we have to wait for this coming season to play out 1st.
Never know what may happen. Injuries can change everything for a player.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8102 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 pm

poeman wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
poeman wrote:
I feel like we are building the new Muderer's Row here...

Or

The Big Bomber Machine (throwback to The Big Red Machine)

There is all that noise that Machado wants to play SS next year though. What then?

Didi is my shortstop since he got here...For a hot minute I wanted Tulo before he got traded to the Blue Jays, but I love Didi as a teammate. No pressure on him, what a big time player

CC, Didi, Torreyes & Gardner were all great for the clubhouse this past season. Have to throw Castro & Todd in there too but since they're gone, hopefully someone fill their clubhouse roles.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#8103 » by poeman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:40 pm

DowNY wrote:
poeman wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Didi is my shortstop since he got here...For a hot minute I wanted Tulo before he got traded to the Blue Jays, but I love Didi as a teammate. No pressure on him, what a big time player

CC, Didi, Torreyes & Gardner were all great for the clubhouse this past season. Have to throw Castro & Todd in there too but since they're gone, hopefully someone fill their clubhouse roles.

I'd bring Todd in a one year deal, but doubt he wants that...Or maybe he does
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8104 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#8105 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 am

DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

man call me sentimental, but this makes me just as happy as the Stanton deal :D

Guess it wont hurt with the Gerrit Cole stuff too
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#8106 » by levendis » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

It's pretty obvious the Yankees aren't big fans of Adams. Dudes like Caleb Smith were getting starts over him while they were trying to make the playoffs. I think they're probably turned off by his poor ability to induce grounders in the minors. His walk rate is a bit high and the K rate isn't anything special. The ERA is sparkling, but minor league production isn't really a great way to determine big league success. I'm not a Cole fan, but I have no problem with them trading Adams down the line.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#8107 » by Mecca » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Don't the Yankees almost have too many pitching prospects as it is?
good
This is the next phase of difficulty for Cashman. He's built the farm up where it was sort of weak. Now he has to keep the right guys and get something for the ones that still have promise but aren't as good.

Sheffield, Adams, and Acevedo are all solid, but he doesn’t have a Torres level pitcher in the farm.

Not sure Frazier lands that. Teams don't usually part with Torres level pitchers.

I'd move Frazier with Montgomery and another piece to get a top pitching prospect tbh.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#8108 » by levendis » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 am

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Sheffield, Adams, and Acevedo are all solid, but he doesn’t have a Torres level pitcher in the farm.

Not sure Frazier lands that. Teams don't usually part with Torres level pitchers.

I'd move Frazier with Montgomery and another piece to get a top pitching prospect tbh.

Removing Montgomery from the roster would be counterproductive. Dude actually showed he could pitch in the majors, and actually generated good swing and miss numbers which bodes well for the future. Posted better K rates than Adams and Sheffield last year going against ML hitting.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8109 » by DowNY » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 am

Our top pitching prospect was Severino. We're now reaping the benefits.
If you want a top pitching prospect again, may need to deal Torres. I don't think I'd do it.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#8110 » by Mecca » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Removing Montgomery from the roster would be counterproductive. Dude actually showed he could pitch in the majors, and actually generated good swing and miss numbers which bodes well for the future. Posted better K rates than Adams and Sheffield last year going against ML hitting.

The fact that the Yankees are actively looking for a SP foreshadows the fact that the Yankees may have same idea as me. I think Montgomery's ceiling is limited as a #3-4 starter, whereas the Yankees could use him with Frazier to get a potential ace.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#8111 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 am

DowNY wrote:Our top pitching prospect was Severino. We're now reaping the benefits.
If you want a top pitching prospect again, may need to deal Torres. I don't think I'd do it.

Torres is going nowhere. He's our second baseman. The contact hitter that everybody wants. With all the arms in the minors, one or two pitchers are bound to come up and pitch well. Yanks might as well wait until next year as they DON'T have to make a deal. Kershaw has an out clause after 2018 if our farm system fails us, which is unlikely. Other pitchers will be available but in 2017-18, young arms are the way to go. They keep you under the cap and you usually have plenty in the farm system. Let's see what Chance has at the major league level. We wont know until they let that happen.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
top25
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8112 » by top25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 am

Why arent the Yankees looking at Chris Archer is he any good?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#8113 » by Phish Tank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 am

top25 wrote:Why arent the Yankees looking at Chris Archer is he any good?

Tampa probably will ask for a king's ransom, especially because they'd be trading him to a rival
top25
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8114 » by top25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 am

Phish Tank wrote:
top25 wrote:Why arent the Yankees looking at Chris Archer is he any good?

Tampa probably will ask for a king's ransom, especially because they'd be trading him to a rival

Oh ok thanks
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#8115 » by earthmansurfer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am

DowNY wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think it's gonna end up being Clint, Domingo & a lower prospect for Cole.

I really hope we don't trade two high end prospects for a 27 year old with a 4.26 ERA.

Clint isn't even listed as a prospect anymore & Domingo isn't a top 5.
Fanbase starting to underrate Cole because of a down year. He was CY Young worthy in 2016. No need to prospect hug every prospect. They all won't be Judge/Gary. We're due some Jesus Monteros.
Cashman loves the guy & I mean, we drafted him. I love Clint but get him off while his value is high. He wants to have his long red locks anyway :lol: .
We'd be taking the Pirates #1 pitcher & plugging him in at #3 or #4. Controlled like Sonny Gray. Still would have our top pros.
With CC resigning, it gives us a little bit more leverage to decline adding a higher prospect like Adams or Sheffield.

Sure, Clint isn't rated as a prospect because he had enough at bats. But do you want to semanticize a 23 year old with 134 at bats?

Fair point about Cole having a down year but on the other hand, he is coming back from an elbow injury. Got to address that as well.

Unless we are getting an ace in Cole, why not throw in an extra prospect with Clint and get an ace?
I am glad we don't make these decisions. Trust in management.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#8116 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Adrian Gonzalez as our backup 1st basemen?

Not sure who we have currently as a backup for that position. And we might need insurance with Bird's injury history. This isnt a rumor or anything btw, just throwing it out there.

Also obviously if hes even open to the idea of being a backup. Im almost sure he can be a starter somewhere else so it seems doubtful anyway.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8117 » by DowNY » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Read on Twitter

[tweet]
Read on Twitter

[/tweet]
Read on Twitter
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#8118 » by levendis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

The fact that the Yankees are actively looking for a SP foreshadows the fact that the Yankees may have same idea as me. I think Montgomery's ceiling is limited as a #3-4 starter, whereas the Yankees could use him with Frazier to get a potential ace.

I think they're looking for a starter because the Yankees used 11 different ones last year, good for the LEAST in the majors (which is nuts). It's why they're talking about using a 6 man rotation. They need as much depth as possible.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#8119 » by levendis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 am

Gerrit Cole:
2013: 111 ERA+
2014: 99 ERA+
2015: 149 ERA+
2016: 107 ERA+
2017: 101 ERA+

Dude's been largely average/ above average major league player most of his career. 2015 looks like an anomaly. Allowed 31 HRs last year playing half his games in a pitcher's park. That's scary Granted that's like triple his previous career high. He corrects that and he'll be really good. But who knows. Just don't like giving up an ace like package for a guy who hasn't pitched like one.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8120 » by DowNY » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 am

Read on Twitter

1 year deal if it happens, supposedly

Return to New York Knicks