ImageImageImage

General 76ers Thread and Forum Orientation

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Re: General 76ers Thread and Forum Orientation 

Post#101 » by Cassius » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Do you guys have a ticket exchange on the board? Is that normally managed through the game threads? I moved to Central PA and might come down for a few games.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#102 » by PLO » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:02 pm

Wall Street Journal article on the NBA: Embiid and Simmons featured link

Edit: if you can't get behind the paywall just look for this article linked on a social media site like facebook, clinking on that link should get you there.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#103 » by 76ciology » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#104 » by smittybanton » Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:05 am

We beat a western conference team on the road without the #1 pick in the draft or Joel Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#105 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 pm

:lol:
Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by smittybanton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Who are the most underrated players in the NBA?

We reached out to a number of individuals from around the league to get their thoughts on their underappreciated peers. Here’s what they said:

Eastern Conference center: “The most underrated player in the NBA is TJ McConnell from the Sixers. If you just look at his stats, they’re never going to jump out at you, but that little f***er is tough. He’s a tough kid. I remember thinking, ‘Oh, I’ll just screen this little white boy and lay him out,’ but he fights through every screen. He’s gritty and he doesn’t back down from anyone. It’s hard being a point guard in today’s NBA because you’re going against a star most nights, but he holds his own. He demands respect every single night. If you don’t respect him entering the game, you’ll respect him by the second half.”

Western Conference guard: “Wilson Chandler comes to mind. He is one of the most versatile players in the league. He can guard any position and he’s very skilled. I’ve seen him start at the two and I’ve seen him start at the four, and he’s equally effective at both positions.”

Wilson Chandler should opt-out of the final year of his deal ($12M) and become an unrestricted free agent. After you get past Lebron and Paul George, Wilson Chandler is the best fit for our club next summer.

There is also Aaron Gordon, but the Magic are winning and can offer him more money.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#107 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#108 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

We're a young team. Dont look at wins and losses. Look at improvement.

We started the season with the Ben/Biid strongside and Bay/JJ/Roco weakside set.

TJ started off like on his way to G League.

We looked disorganized against Boston after they neutralized our Ben/Biid strongside set.

We looked like theres no way we can win without Biid early on. But then we later learn how to win without him against the Jazz.

Then Ben/Biid showed potential with their two man game against Pistons that they didnt have any answer on D despite being far more advanced as a team.

We lost to the Rox. We later won against them. Feels like we should have won both games with a margin.

Ben was not not taking shots early on. He later showed his jumper, floaters and skyhooks that punishes his defender when they go under the screen.

Biid looked like a black hole at the post early on. Was a TO machine. Funniest moment so far was when Fultz did a euro and was blocked, he got the ball and made a euro with like 5 steps. Last few games? Dominating, euro step, dreamshake plays with a league's best DRPM.

RoCo is consistently good. He's waaay overachieving. Imagine him getting better.

We haven't seen Biid knocking his shots constantly.

Imagine the easy schedule when Fultz is playing, Bay and JJ getting their shooting back, Biid getting back his 35-37% 3pt%, finding a way to solidify bench with TJ+Holmes and Ben being more refined on offense.

I think HEALTHY Fultz as scorer and playmaker like Manu/TLC being consistently solid/100% Holmes trio off the bench should improve our bench play

Trust the Progress
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#109 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 pm

What

the?

Any other Sixer fans turned Warrior fans on here?
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by smittybanton » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mohammed Bamba!
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#111 » by Winejk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:34 am

It is crazy, but if the Sixers keep this up, they could be a top 4 seed in the East with home court advantage in the first round of playoffs. I don't buy Detroit. I think Detroit falls back.

11-7 with the 2nd toughest schedule to date.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#112 » by Eyeamok » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 am

Does anyone remember that Culture of losing we were developing as an organization. What happened to it. It probably went to the same place as the we "are driving away the fans" culture.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#113 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 am

Eyeamok wrote:Does anyone remember that Culture of losing we were developing as an organization. What happened to it. It probably went to the same place as the we "are driving away the fans" culture.

That was always a lazy and dumb narrative.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#114 » by Eyeamok » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:39 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Does anyone remember that Culture of losing we were developing as an organization. What happened to it. It probably went to the same place as the we "are driving away the fans" culture.

That was always a lazy and dumb narrative.

True but it was popular on these boards.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#115 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Winejk wrote:It is crazy, but if the Sixers keep this up, they could be a top 4 seed in the East with home court advantage in the first round of playoffs. I don't buy Detroit. I think Detroit falls back.

11-7 with the 2nd toughest schedule to date.

FiveThirtyEight projects us to be the 4 seed behind Boston, Toronto, and Cleveland. I would love to have a crack at Boston in the playoffs if we can get home court and make it to the 2nd round.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#116 » by smittybanton » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:08 pm

Saying My Daily Prayer for Paul George and Mohammed Bamba

The Sixers shouldn't have started Jerryd Bayless. We're best when we're big.

Our best lineup had Richaun Holmes at the four besides Joel Embiid. He missed all three three pointers he took. But he finished plays when Joel or Ben sucked in the defense. Richaun is also not going to help when the offense stagnates as often as it did last night. That's when we missed Dario the most.

I am confident Jonah Bolden is the solution. Not claiming he's a star. I'm saying his skillset fits what we need to do better than either Dario or Richaun.

Richaun is more explosive than Bolden, but only by a little. Dario is a better playmaker off isolation, but only by a little. Boldent finishes well, has court vision, is at least as a good shooter, and a better defender in space than either Dario or Richaun.

We also need a guard who can score straight buckets off the bench. That is Markelle Fultz.

JJ Redick is not a $23M player. We knew this. He's already 33. We must have a player who shoots as well, but who is also a threat off the dribble. Neither Redick nor Bayless is a threat to take all the way to the rack. And the defense knows it.

With Bolden and Saric, we don't need Lebron James. We need Paul George to replace JJ Redick. Oklahoma City lost to Brooklyn last night, although George didn't play.

If we don't get George, we trade with Orlando for Evan Fournier. The Magic are in salary cap hell.

We also need a backup center that's an intimdator, and he needs to be cheap since we need our cap room for George. That is Mohamed Bamba.

Ben Simmons, Paul George/Evan Fournier, Robert Covington, Jonah Bolden, Joel Embiid.
Markelle Fultz, Furkan Korkmaz, Timothe Luwawu-C, Dario Saric, Mohamed Bamba.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#117 » by Sixersftw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:33 am

apparently the ball is covered in Vaseline.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#118 » by the_process » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:38 am

Time to get ready for Tank!5.0. Where Embiid and Fultz are declared out for the year for precautionary measures.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#119 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:34 pm

the_process wrote:Time to get ready for Tank!5.0. Where Embiid and Fultz are declared out for the year for precautionary measures.

I am gonna wait another month to see where this team is headed before I start to root for losses. If Fultz doesn’t come back then I see no use for us to make the playoffs as this roster is so flaw. It’s been frustrating as **** to watch this team play, our offense sucks and now the defense is getting worst.

Right now the Lakers hold the 10th pick and we are at 12th lol. We can climb up the ladder easily if they continue to play like this, BC can sell off the vets and this team will definitely climb to top 8.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#120 » by the_process » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:19 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
the_process wrote:Time to get ready for Tank!5.0. Where Embiid and Fultz are declared out for the year for precautionary measures.

I am gonna wait another month to see where this team is headed before I start to root for losses. If Fultz doesn’t come back then I see no use for us to make the playoffs as this roster is so flaw. It’s been frustrating as **** to watch this team play, our offense sucks and now the defense is getting worst.

Right now the Lakers hold the 10th pick and we are at 12th lol. We can climb up the ladder easily if they continue to play like this, BC can sell off the vets and this team will definitely climb to top 8.

Was going through it and as of now, predicting the Lakers finish 9th and the Sixers 10th. I’m of course basing that off no Embiid or Fultz, but with some kind of bench move BC makes at the deadline.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers