Rick Smith Taking Extended Leave Of Absence From Texans

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rick Smith Taking Extended Leave Of Absence From Texans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:42 pm

Rick Smith is taking an extended leave of absence from the Houston Texans to take care of his wife, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

Smith has been tending to his wife throughout this season while she has undergone treatment in Arizona.

"I am eternally grateful to the McNair family for their unwavering support during this trying time," Smith said in a statement Sunday. "This was an extremely difficult decision for me to make as I love this organization and every member of this team both on and off the field. I remain committed to our quest to bring a championship to the city of Houston, yet my family needs me now and they are my priority."

Via Sarah Barshop, Adam Schefter/ESPN

BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Re: Rick Smith Taking Extended Leave Of Absence From Texans 

Post#2 » by BorkLazer » Mon Jan 1, 2018 1:02 pm

This is a prelude to Smith leaving the team. O'Brien is going to stay as the coach (DeShaun Watson has been said to be one of his biggest supporters) so that means Smith has to go. Smith won't be fired though, so he'll leave the team to take care of his wife.
It Is I Folks
Junior
And1: 46

Re: Rick Smith Taking Extended Leave Of Absence From Texans 

Post#3 » by It Is I Folks » Mon Jan 1, 2018 6:34 pm

Unfortunate circumstances but a move at GM is needed. I don’t mind if they promote him as long as he stays away from roster move decisions and leave it to BoB and a potent GM to build the team.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion