ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,132

Re: Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal 

Post#421 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Can't wait until we add this scrub to this team of scrubs.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#422 » by Carl_Karlson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Can't wait until we add this scrub to this team of scrubs.

Burke will cut into Frank's minutes, not Jack's. Horny is even more in love with Jack after the triple double. Horny doesn't even remember Jack's horrible turnover that cost us the Bulls game.

If Burke comes aboard that'll bump Frank to 3rd string PG. Unless Burke sucks hard enough to be 3rd string
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#423 » by Huey Freeman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Carl_Karlson wrote:

Burke will cut into Frank's minutes, not Jack's.

If Burke comes aboard that'll bump Frank to 3rd string PG. Unless Burke sucks hard enough to be 3rd string

If/ when we actually sign this cat, I can see Hornacek splitting Burke's minutes playing WITH Frank and some minutes with Courtney. Jeff can get him playing time without really cutting Frank's minutes.
Revolution starts in the mind...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#424 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Carl_Karlson wrote:

Burke will cut into Frank's minutes, not Jack's. Horny is even more in love with Jack after the triple double. Horny doesn't even remember Jack's horrible turnover that cost us the Bulls game.

I highly doubt Frank’s minutes are going to be cut. If anything, it’ll be Jacks and a wing. I don’t like Horny and want him gone as much as everyone else, but I don’t think he’s that stupid.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach

Post#425 » by Carl_Karlson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:

Burke will cut into Frank's minutes, not Jack's.

If/ when we actually sign this cat, I can see Hornacek splitting Burke's minutes playing WITH Frank and some minutes with Courtney. Jeff can get him playing time without really cutting Frank's minutes.

I don't see it. Jeff hasn't done anything to show he believes in Frank or even cares about his development. Jeff is only concerned with getting wins for his resume so he can catch on anywhere else after he gets dropped from here
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach

Post#426 » by Carl_Karlson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:

I highly doubt Frank’s minutes are going to be cut. If anything, it’ll be Jacks and a wing. I don’t like Horny and want him gone as much as everyone else, but I don’t think he’s that stupid.

No way Jack's minutes get cut for Burke. It'll be Baker and Frank sacrificing PT
WTF Post of 2017:

NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#427 » by NY 567 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 pm

We're getting excited over Trey Burke. That's when you know we have a PG problem.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#428 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Carl_Karlson wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:

No way Jack's minutes get cut for Burke. It'll be Baker and Frank sacrificing PT

Ok, I disagree. I think there’s 0 indication Frank’s minutes will be cut. In fact, I think there’s a better chance he’s just a bench warmer a la Sessions than there is he takes Frank’s minutes. If Burke was going to come to the team and take someone’s minutes, it would have happened by now because we’ve been falling for a while.

IMO IF Burke ends up getting minutes, it’ll be at the expense of Jack + wing.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,657

Post#429 » by shtolky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Anyone who thinks Trey Burke of all people is taking Frank's minutes is insane.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#430 » by DOT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm

shtolky wrote:Anyone who thinks Trey Burke of all people is taking Frank's minutes is insane.

Don't talk crazy, the dude is an elite drive and kick player, even though he's never averaged more than 5 assists per 36

He's totally an elite shooter now, everybody knows that G League shooting translates perfectly, and only the best shooters take 70 3 pointers in an entire season

It wasn't him that sucked last year, it's cause everyone else wasn't good enough

Tony Wroten Jimmer Fredette Chasson Randle Trey Burke is the future of the Knicks at pg
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#431 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:

Ftfy
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#432 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:

Ftfy

Nah, I think he’s a horrible coach and plenty stupid, but I don’t think he’s that stupid to reduce Frank’s minutes in favor of Burke.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,435

Post#433 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:48 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I think they'll know when to let go. Besides, that won't be Jeff's decision. It'll be an organizational decision lead by MillsPerry.

Oh I'm not so sure they'll know when to let go. We just got beat for a 3rd time by a team of absolute nobodies vying for a top lottery spot...on our home floor. If this ain't the time to ring the alarm then this coach can shove it up his a$$.

I don’t know if they’ll know when to let go either.

This organization wants as many W’s as possible no matter how the season went.

:lol: I thought you guys loved Mills and Perry because they now have us on the right track, etc., blah, blah blah. Now, they're like all the other GMs we've had. Hysterical.
Free Palestine
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#434 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm

That makes 1 of us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Frank down to like 18 mpg now. It’s so simple.

Kanter 22 / Oquinn 20 / Willy 6
KP 32 / SCB 14 / oquinn 2
Derm 26/SCB 12/Dot 10
Lee 28 / Frank 14 / Baker 6
Frank 14 / Burke 24 / Frank 10

But instead we gunna see Thomas starting playing 20 mpg and Frank is barely going to touch the floor. Especially once HWJR comes back
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#435 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Oh I'm not so sure they'll know when to let go. We just got beat for a 3rd time by a team of absolute nobodies vying for a top lottery spot...on our home floor. If this ain't the time to ring the alarm then this coach can shove it up his a$$.

:lol: I thought you guys loved Mills and Perry because they now have us on the right track, etc., blah, blah blah. Now, they're like all the other GMs we've had. Hysterical.

What’s hysterical is signing long term deals to get this same crap product. :lol:

That’s what PJax did.

They both have the same goals. They went about it in completely different ways.

Perry & Mills >>>>>>>>>>>>> PJax
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#436 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

What’s hysterical is signing long term deals to get this same crap product. :lol:

That’s what PJax did.

They both have the same goals. They went about it in completely different ways.

Perry & Mills >>>>>>>>>>>>> PJax

Ok! :D

Just so I'm clear, MillsPerry is better than Phil but they all suck. You salty about the Hardaway signing?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#437 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:That makes 1 of us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Frank down to like 18 mpg now. It’s so simple.

Derm 26/SCB 12/Dot 10

But instead we gunna see Thomas starting playing 20 mpg and Frank is barely going to touch the floor. Especially once HWJR comes back

Let me ease your worried mind. No way.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#438 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:That makes 1 of us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Frank down to like 18 mpg now. It’s so simple.

Derm 26/SCB 12/Dot 10

Gotta admit, the thought of Frank backing himself up is really interesting though :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#439 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Derm 26/SCB 12/Dot 10

Gotta admit, the thought of Frank backing himself up is really interesting though :lol:

:lol: (Good catch. You'd have made a great lawyer!)
Free Palestine
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#440 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Derm 26/SCB 12/Dot 10

Lol. I meant Jack.

Return to New York Knicks