ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal 

Post#461 » by blanko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 am

Also remember, we have Timmy coming back soon. Is another shoot first guard with subpar defense really an answer? Isn't a steady orcastrator like Jack a better fit than a guy like Burke?
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#462 » by taj2133 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 am

Burke needed to take his craft more seriously and approach it with more maturity. He was not ready to be a professional. And Burke’s self-criticism continued: “That Trey Burke — there was a lot of distractions going on with that Trey Burke. That Trey Burke was 19 years old. This Trey Burke now, I’m married, I’m in the house, I’m not worried about things that a lot of players worry about.” – via CBSSports.com
Free Agency, G League, Trey Burke

“A lot of people don’t know that I chose this route,” Burke said. “I had some opportunities presented to me before the season and, bottom line, I didn’t want to take a two-way deal. I wanted to come down here and recreate my brand on and off the court, show teams what I really can do if I have the opportunity to run a team.” – via CBSSports.com

Trey Burke: “I’m at that point. I’m not a role player. I believe I still have a ways to go, but I do believe that I’m a starting guard in [the NBA]. I do believe that I’ma be an All-Star. I do believe these things in my heart.” – via CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/on-verge-of-comeback-with-knicks-trey-burke-opens-up-on-renewed-mission-to-resurrect-nba-career/
if he is an all star player that would be one big azz steal i think trey burke is talking out of azz little bit
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,105

Post#463 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

taj2133 wrote:Burke needed to take his craft more seriously and approach it with more maturity. He was not ready to be a professional. And Burke’s self-criticism continued: “That Trey Burke — there was a lot of distractions going on with that Trey Burke. That Trey Burke was 19 years old. This Trey Burke now, I’m married, I’m in the house, I’m not worried about things that a lot of players worry about.” – via CBSSports.com

“A lot of people don’t know that I chose this route,” Burke said. “I had some opportunities presented to me before the season and, bottom line, I didn’t want to take a two-way deal. I wanted to come down here and recreate my brand on and off the court, show teams what I really can do if I have the opportunity to run a team.” – via CBSSports.com

Trey Burke: “I’m at that point. I’m not a role player. I believe I still have a ways to go, but I do believe that I’m a starting guard in [the NBA]. I do believe that I’ma be an All-Star. I do believe these things in my heart.” – via CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/on-verge-of-comeback-with-knicks-trey-burke-opens-up-on-renewed-mission-to-resurrect-nba-career/
if he is an all star player that would be one big azz steal i think trey burke is talking out of azz little bit

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#464 » by DowNY » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 am

blanko wrote:Also remember, we have Timmy coming back soon. Is another shoot first guard with subpar defense really an answer? Isn't a steady orcastrator like Jack a better fit than a guy like Burke?

Burke > Ron Baker & Sessions

Jack, Frank & Burke can all rotate.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#465 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 am

taj2133 wrote:Burke needed to take his craft more seriously and approach it with more maturity. He was not ready to be a professional. And Burke’s self-criticism continued: “That Trey Burke — there was a lot of distractions going on with that Trey Burke. That Trey Burke was 19 years old. This Trey Burke now, I’m married, I’m in the house, I’m not worried about things that a lot of players worry about.” – via CBSSports.com

A little bit? :lol:
amsterdamknicks
Sophomore
And1: 130

Post#466 » by amsterdamknicks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 am

This man still not signed?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#467 » by Mecca » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 am

Did I not tell you guys about Burke being like this 2 months ago????

Black Tray of the True Hoop podcast was at Swaggy P's house at a BBQ in the Summer. Burke had his shirt off trying to play people at the party 1 v 1 for serious bread. He was talking saying he was the best player at the party when hella all-stars were in attendance lol.

Everyone was trying to have a good time at the party and Burke tryna finesse bread outta people in 1v1 game smh lol
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#468 » by taj2133 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 am

MP4LIFE wrote:

I was being nice i didn't want to be mean to guy. Also i laughed i when read what he said too homie found it very amusing.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#469 » by fatalogic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 am

10 games before some fans want to bench him or send him back to the G league?
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#470 » by blanko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 am

DowNY wrote:
blanko wrote:Also remember, we have Timmy coming back soon. Is another shoot first guard with subpar defense really an answer? Isn't a steady orcastrator like Jack a better fit than a guy like Burke?

Burke > Ron Baker & Sessions

Jack, Frank & Burke can all rotate.

I dont think that there is a question that Burke is better offensively with the ball than baker and Jack.

My question is, how is his defence? How is he at orchestrating an offense? How good is he off the ball as a catch and shooter? I haven't been watching d league so I'm genuinely curious.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#471 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am

MP4LIFE wrote:

What would you like him to say? That he's a scrub who should give up his hopes of being a great ball player. You want guys to be great and confidence is apart of that path to greatness. He may very well fall short but every success story has a person believing in themselves.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,206

Post#472 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

What would you like him to say? That he's a scrub who should give up his hopes of being a great ball player. You want guys to be great and confidence is apart of that path to greatness. He may very well fall short but every success story has a person believing in themselves.

Trey Burke is your favorite players favorite players favorite player!...

He's a walking bucket of ****!
:beer: RIP mags
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#473 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 am

Timmy's defense wasn't subpar. Not elite or anything but definitely not subpar.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#474 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am

He was taken fairly high in the draft so a team believed he had AS talent. At this point though it would be one hell of a comeback story.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#475 » by Red Vines » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Going to guess there is a trade in place but the other team needed to wait until the weekend for whatever reason. The rumor was initially that the deal would be this weekend which was kind of odd. Otherwise we would've just waived Sessions, got Burke into some practices already and had him available.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,106

Post#476 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Red Vines wrote:Going to guess there is a trade in place but the other team needed to wait until the weekend for whatever reason. The rumor was initially that the deal would be this weekend which was kind of odd. Otherwise we would've just waived Sessions, got Burke into some practices already and had him available.

I think Knicks1214 pointed out that Sessions hardly makes enough to make the difference in any deals, but maybe that's a factor.

Maybe they are trying to explore getting anything at all for the guy, though I can't see that happening, but due diligence?

Sessions to Miami for a 2nd round pick like 4 years from now?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,960

Post#477 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:13 pm

He could also really be banged up and the Knicks are waiting for him to get healthy
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,960

Post#478 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Damn bro, allstar? I can get believing in yourself, but I think dude really needs to focus more on the little things like defense and becoming a better team player. Nothing wrong with being a good role player. That's how Beasley found his niche.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#479 » by Juco24 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

He has the talent! No doubt! If he really is taking it serious this time... he can be good.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#480 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Damn bro, allstar? I can get believing in yourself, but I think dude really needs to focus more on the little things like defense and becoming a better team player. Nothing wrong with being a good role player. That's how Beasley found his niche.

Burke has the mentality that will have him playing in China in short time.

Return to New York Knicks