ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball/Draft Thread (3)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's the final piece to the puzzle?

Mikal Bridges
35%
Troy Brown Jr
5%
Kevin Knox
20%
Hamidou Diallo
11%
Miles Bridges
11%
Collin Sexton
2%
Wendell Carter Jr.
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
5%
Robert Williams
3%
Isaac Bonga
6%

Total votes: 65

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1701 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm

First Knox now Troy "2 points " Brown?? :o :o

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#1702 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 pm

HEZI wrote:This quote is about a week old but it looks like Michael Porter will for sure declare for the draft this year and won't be returning back to school

"I know when I'm healthy people will see what I'm capable of, and it'll take care of itself," he said. "Even if I get drafted fifth, sixth, it's how I do in the NBA that determines my legacy. I'm still going to become the best player that I can become. That will take care of itself."

I wonder if it might be smart for the Knicks to gamble if we get like the 10th -14th pick to trade that pick with a future first (lott protected) and the bulls pick to a person who bites in the 5-7 range to take Porter. I'm not that big of a fan of him but at that pick he's good value compared to the others in that range and at some point we're going to have to swing for the fences with Kp on board.

This is similar to the Embiid situation where the Sixers were willing to wait it out for a while and draft him lower than he should have been picked because of an injury and now are reaping the rewards. I don't think Porter is on Embiid's level as a prospect but certainly after that big 4 he has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft IMO and if healthy I'd think he'd be fighting with Bamba and Ayton for that 3-4 range at least on my board...
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1703 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
HEZI wrote:This quote is about a week old but it looks like Michael Porter will for sure declare for the draft this year and won't be returning back to school

"I know when I'm healthy people will see what I'm capable of, and it'll take care of itself," he said. "Even if I get drafted fifth, sixth, it's how I do in the NBA that determines my legacy. I'm still going to become the best player that I can become. That will take care of itself."

I wonder if it might be smart for the Knicks to gamble if we get like the 10th -14th pick to trade that pick with a future first (lott protected) and the bulls pick to a person who bites in the 5-7 range to take Porter. I'm not that big of a fan of him but at that pick he's good value compared to the others in that range and at some point we're going to have to swing for the fences with Kp on board.

This is similar to the Embiid situation where the Sixers were willing to wait it out for a while and draft him lower than he should have been picked because of an injury and now are reaping the rewards. I don't think Porter is on Embiid's level as a prospect but certainly after that big 4 he has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft IMO and if healthy I'd think he'd be fighting with Bamba and Ayton for that 3-4 range at least on my board...

Based on what Jose7 said in regards to dealing with patients that have had this type of injury, I wouldn't touch MP Jr. with a lotto pick. I think when healthy he's a really nice prospect with a very fluid jumper and advanced footwork for a kid his age but that injury is serious and he might never be the player he once was let alone the player he could have been. This is only good news for the Knicks because with him being in the draft it increases the Knicks' chance of having someone else drop to them if they keep climbing higher on the board.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1704 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Just please don't take Musa!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#1705 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:First Knox now Troy "2 points " Brown?? :o :o

troy bout to bounce back tommorow against Ayton like

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1706 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm

What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

DENVER NUGGETS
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1707 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 pm

HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

Double output every game and it'll be 4, then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128!!! HE'LL BREAK WILT'S RECORD.

BeagleBoss wrote:Just please don't take Musa!

Not saying I necessarily disagree (Musa is ok, but I'm not keen on picking him with our lottery pick), but you also said "please don't take Frank" all of last year...so...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1708 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HEZI wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:can't front, troy has been ass his past 2 games. i thought he was ready to turn the corner after his 20 point game but he's been more passive then ever. smh

aggressive troy = top 12 pick IMO. hard to stop him
passsive troy = he might stay another year if he keeps playing like this

2 points

bruh :noway: I feel bad for ya.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#1709 » by Fat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

im riding with the underdogs from here on out

Knox and Jaren jackson Image
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#1710 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Trae brick jr? 7-28 shooting?

fixed 8-)
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1711 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Trae brick jr? 7-28 shooting?

fixed 8-)

DENVER NUGGETS
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1712 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 pm

I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1713 » by Mecca » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.

For sure. I said he remind me of Myles Turner from a skills perspective. The way he protect the rim and roam the paint is wild. Nobody touching Michigan in the tourney this year if you ask me. I'd be hype if we lucked into him for sure.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1714 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:I have become a Jackson Stan.... IDGAF what my man Balla say. I think he nice. He in the same boat as Bagley in terms of looking pretty good for a raw big.Obviously, he not on Bags level of good, but there is mad potential there.

For sure. I said he remind me of Myles Turner from a skills perspective. The way he protect the rim and roam the paint is wild. Nobody touching Michigan in the tourney this year if you ask me. I'd be hype if we lucked into him for sure.

He is a better athlete and more fluid than Turner. But I thought the same thing. His potential is higher than his to me. Dude needs to work on his handle and he will be scary about how he can be all over the court on offense and defense. I love the way he can run.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1715 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:49 am

Dude can Move like a wing

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1716 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 am

Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1717 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.

I don't remember Vonleh showing the same defensive potential as Jackson but I may be wrong.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1718 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 am

Mecca wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Jackson reminds me of Vonleh a bit, to be honest but more fluid and probably slightly more athletic.

I don't remember Vonleh showing the same defensive potential as Jackson but I may be wrong.

He did. The issue was consistency - which would come with some major swings, but he showed the potential IMO. JJJr is more consistent for sure, though. I'd rather try trading for Vonleh, who probably won't be with the Blazers much longer, instead of using our pick on JJJr.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1719 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

He did. The issue was consistency - which would come with some major swings, but he showed the potential IMO. JJJr is more consistent for sure, though. I'd rather try trading for Vonleh, who probably won't be with the Blazers much longer, instead of using our pick on JJJr.

If MIkal is gone Im rolling with Jackson Jr if he was there. Not really a fan of the other wings in the lotto. Vonleh was a much more skilled post player than him to me. I think JJ blows him out the water in mobility and potential honestly. His Motor is not too far from Bags
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1720 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
HEZI wrote:What would be considered a bounce back game for Troy Brown? 4 points?

Double output every game and it'll be 4, then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128!!! HE'LL BREAK WILT'S RECORD.

BeagleBoss wrote:Just please don't take Musa!

Not saying I necessarily disagree (Musa is ok, but I'm not keen on picking him with our lottery pick), but you also said "please don't take Frank" all of last year...so...

Ntilikina hasn't exactly proven me wrong. Maybe he will. I hope he will.

I wanted Mitchell.

Return to New York Knicks