And1: 918

Omer Yurtseven (2017 draft) scores 91 pts 

Post#1 » by neno » Mon May 16, 2016 11:51 am

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Omer Yurtseven (2017 draft) scores 91 pts 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Mon May 16, 2016 11:59 am

He is deciding between Utah, NC St. and Syracuse, really hope he follows Poeltl route and goes with Coach K

Eric Vila (98') is another really good prospect that looks like a A&M committ.
Kentavicius
Ballboy
And1: 41

Post#3 » by Kentavicius » Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Jeff Goodman: Turkish forward Omer Yurtseven told ESPN he is 7 feet and weighs 240 pounds. Just committed to NC State.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#4 » by freestyler34 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Played against the Nets in a pre-season game last year when he was only 16 years old, 3/4 for 8 points, 7 Rbs in 15 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400830232
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Mon May 16, 2016 7:32 pm

NC St. if Abu comes back,

Smith
Dorn/Henderson
Rowan/Kirk
Abu/Yurtseven/Hicks
Freeman/Anya
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by freestyler34 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Hes averaging 11 pts, 6.5rb, 1.7 blk for NC State
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#7 » by doordoor123 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:33 am

freestyler34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hes averaging 11 pts, 6.5rb, 1.7 blk for NC State

He’s playing better this year and I know scouts are interested. He really wanted to be drafted last year. Wonder if he would be drafted this year.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#8 » by CptCrunch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 am

Ummm 6'11.75" in shoes, 250 lbs.

Can shoot the ball, no 3 point range so far (or small sample size hasn't shown it). I don't see how he doesn't get drafted with a late first just based on his stretch 4/5 potential.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by freestyler34 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 pm

19 Points 11 Rebs last game , 6-7 FG , 3-3 from 3 points line .

Carried NC State to win.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,088

Post#10 » by The-Power » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:55 am

He's growing on me more and more. If he can show some stretch-potential and sustain the increased activity level on defense over the course of the entire season he should definitely be a 1st round pick.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by freestyler34 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:13 pm

The-Power wrote:He's growing on me more and more. If he can show some stretch-potential and sustain the increased activity level on defense over the course of the entire season he should definitely be a 1st round pick.

17 Pts, 8 Rebs, 4 Blks with 8/9 shooting last game. he can block shots and shoot from the 3, hes also 7 ft tall , he should go 1st round.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by freestyler34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

29 Pts 12-18 FG, 5-6 3PT, 4 Blks in a win over Clemson :o Hes clearly a first round pick.

doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 pm

He’s shooting with his jumper pretty well, but super overrated for his stats. He’s slow, doesn’t have good rebounding technique, still a terrible defender and his lack of length/speed/athleticism is pretty bad. He’s dominating mismatches and that’s really it. He has the body of a Senior and is taking advantage of it, but he won’t be this good of a defender at all. The only thing really translateable about his game is his jumper. Could be a good pick and pop option as a big. I don’t even like him as a back up though. My guess is if he’s drafted he’s in the G-League before falling out of the league. I would be super super super surprised if he can carve a decent career out. He’s fools gold. There’s a reason he wasn’t considered as even draftable last year.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by freestyler34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 pm

doordoor123 wrote:He’s shooting with his jumper pretty well, but super overrated for his stats. He’s slow, doesn’t have good rebounding technique, still a terrible defender and his lack of length/speed/athleticism is pretty bad. He’s dominating mismatches and that’s really it. He has the body of a Senior and is taking advantage of it, but he won’t be this good of a defender at all. The only thing really translateable about his game is his jumper. Could be a good pick and pop option as a big. I don’t even like him as a back up though. My guess is if he’s drafted he’s in the G-League before falling out of the league. I would be super super super surprised if he can carve a decent career out. He’s fools gold. There’s a reason he wasn’t considered as even draftable last year.

He wasnt draftable last year because he didnt play at all last year i guess thats make sense, and how come his length is a problem ? Hes 7 footer most of the Cs and PFs smaller than him in the NBA, how many 7 footers do you know that so athletic and agile ? and most of the athletic 7 footers can only rebound and has zero offensive game, He goes 5-6 from 3 and you say Hes dominating mismatches dude please ...
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:He’s shooting with his jumper pretty well, but super overrated for his stats. He’s slow, doesn’t have good rebounding technique, still a terrible defender and his lack of length/speed/athleticism is pretty bad. He’s dominating mismatches and that’s really it. He has the body of a Senior and is taking advantage of it, but he won’t be this good of a defender at all. The only thing really translateable about his game is his jumper. Could be a good pick and pop option as a big. I don’t even like him as a back up though. My guess is if he’s drafted he’s in the G-League before falling out of the league. I would be super super super surprised if he can carve a decent career out. He’s fools gold. There’s a reason he wasn’t considered as even draftable last year.

He wasnt draftable last year because he didnt play at all last year i guess thats make sense, and how come his length is a problem ? Hes 7 footer most of the Cs and PFs smaller than him in the NBA, how many 7 footers do you know that so athletic and agile ? and most of the athletic 7 footers can only rebound and has zero offensive game, He goes 5-6 from 3 and you say Hes dominating mismatches dude please ...

He’s not athletic and isn’t agile. He has pretty solid hip mobility, but slow feet. He won’t be able to defend the perimeter, won’t be able to stop the P&R and a lot of centers will be able to score over him. He can also barely dunk. His rebounding is super overrated — he doesn’t have technique and doesn’t get into good position. A lot of his rebounds are due to him being stronger than smaller guys. He can’t poke rebounds through from the top and doesn’t go after the ball. He gets okay position on offensive rebounds, but his lack of size and athleticism will hurt that at the next level.

I mean in the paint he’s dominating mismatches. As I said, shooting is his only translatable skill, but I don’t think it’ll be enough to get a lot of minutes at the next level.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#16 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm

He's a legit 7 footer that can hit 3s at a decent clip. No way he drops to the second.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 pm

clyde21 wrote:He's a legit 7 footer that can hit 3s at a decent clip. No way he drops to the second.

College 3 pointer. Still don’t think so.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by freestyler34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

He’s not athletic and isn’t agile. He has pretty solid hip mobility, but slow feet. He won’t be able to defend the perimeter, won’t be able to stop the P&R and a lot of centers will be able to score over him. He can also barely dunk. His rebounding is super overrated — he doesn’t have technique and doesn’t get into good position. A lot of his rebounds are due to him being stronger than smaller guys. He can’t poke rebounds through from the top and doesn’t go after the ball. He gets okay position on offensive rebounds, but his lack of size and athleticism will hurt that at the next level.

I mean in the paint he’s dominating mismatches. As I said, shooting is his only translatable skill, but I don’t think it’ll be enough to get a lot of minutes at the next level.

Wow man he must be really bad, you sound like hes the worst player in the world , yet hes able to drop 30 points to carry his team win over a very good Clemson , you think hes not athletic isnt agile and slow footed thats why he cant be succesful at the next level, but your number 1 pick in the draft is Luka Doncic pretty interesting my friend :roll: And Luka is a SF a position where he needs more athleticism to be succesful than a Center.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:04 am

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

Wow man he must be really bad, you sound like hes the worst player in the world , yet hes able to drop 30 points to carry his team win over a very good Clemson , you think hes not athletic isnt agile and slow footed thats why he cant be succesful at the next level, but your number 1 pick in the draft is Luka Doncic pretty interesting my friend :roll: And Luka is a SF a position where he needs more athleticism to be succesful than a Center.

Luka Doncic will be fine, Center is a different position and Doncic is underrated as an athlete.

I do think I’m being a little harsh on Yurtseven, he’s not that bad. Offensively he clearly has ability and a team like the Rockets or Warriors would probably make use of him.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Luka Doncic will be fine, Center is a different position and Doncic is underrated as an athlete.

I do think I’m being a little harsh on Yurtseven, he’s not that bad. Offensively he clearly has ability and a team like the Rockets or Warriors would probably make use of him.

Yes you were just a little harsh on him.

Hes 7 footer - " Lenght will be a problem for him "
He didnt play at all last year - " Theres a reason he wasnt draftable last year "
5-6 from 3, rest of the his points hook shots far away from the baseline and mid range jumpers " Dominating mismatches "
7 footer that shoot from the 3 and block shots "Useless G-league talent "

Ohh and "its just college 3 pt line" where %90 of the NBA prospects plays, You are right Center is a different position from SF/SG you need more athleticism to play SF/SG in the NBA, and if you think Doncic has athleticism close to NBA SF/SG's please quit watching basketball , and since you think that as you said many times before, " you cant be succesful at the next level without ahtleticism" dont get me wrong i think Doncic is a pretty good player, you are the one who says that.

You are clearly one of those European guys that hate on every Turkish prospect without a reason and Praising every other European prospects

Return to NBA Draft