ImageImageImageImageImage

What's wrong with Kristaps Porzingis right now?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Re: What's wrong with Kristaps Porzingis right now? 

Post#561 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:23 am

bkzfinest11 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Jeff's riding KP like a horse to save his coaching ass

All franchise players play a lot. It comes with the territory.

plus he wanted it. I don't feel any sympathy for him

I don't either.

Coach and staffs job to say "Hey, KP, you suck when you are tired. Sorry. 28-30 mpg for YOU"
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#562 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 am

He has been playing like pure ass cheese. Insane drop off. Mid range J clank clank clank. All he does. No excuses. Does not deserve to be an All Star. That would just gas him up and reward his doo doo play for the last 2 months.

Get it together brah. Damn.
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#563 » by bkzfinest11 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
bkzfinest11 wrote:
Greenie wrote:All franchise players play a lot. It comes with the territory.

plus he wanted it. I don't feel any sympathy for him

I don't either.

Coach and staffs job to say "Hey, KP, you suck when you are tired. Sorry. 28-30 mpg for YOU"

Knicks are not going to do that. He should have been suspended for skipping the meeting and etc. Now he gets to do whatever and blame knicks
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#564 » by nyk2017 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 am

Any chance, Town (who is a NJ native and grew up a huge Knicks fan) refuses to resign with the Wolves and we can trade KP for him straight up. That would be a dream come true.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#565 » by fatalogic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 am

If KP wants to be a face up 4 for his career, I really don't think that's a problem. He just has to work his ass off to build the skills and body to play that way.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#566 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 am

he needs to gain 30 pounds to move to the 5 for good
Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#567 » by Johnny Kilroy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:27 am

He needs Phil. Desperately.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#568 » by god shammgod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:28 am

he dropped off every year when phil was here too
Xinton
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#569 » by Xinton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 am

Seeing how Kristaps is struggling with endurance and stamina makes me even appreciate Patrick Ewing more than I did before. As a kid during the 90's I took it for granted at how Ewing could easily play a ton of minutes and still play at a high level through all the injuries he suffered. I still hold out hope with better strength and conditioning that Kristaps can be a franchise player.
Juris
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#570 » by Juris » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:37 am

Xinton wrote:Seeing how Kristaps is struggling with endurance and stamina makes me even appreciate Patrick Ewing more than I did before. As a kid during the 90's I took it for granted at how Ewing could easily play a ton of minutes and still play at a high level through all the injuries he suffered. I still hold out hope with better strength and conditioning that Kristaps can be a franchise player.

First whole season Ewing has played at age 25. What are you talking about? KP is 22.
Xinton
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#571 » by Xinton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

Juris wrote:
Xinton wrote:Seeing how Kristaps is struggling with endurance and stamina makes me even appreciate Patrick Ewing more than I did before. As a kid during the 90's I took it for granted at how Ewing could easily play a ton of minutes and still play at a high level through all the injuries he suffered. I still hold out hope with better strength and conditioning that Kristaps can be a franchise player.

First whole season Ewing has played at age 25. What are you talking about? KP is 22.

Players age differently today. When Ewing was 25 he was in his third year in the league. KP is now in his third year and is not able to play a full season yet.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Post#572 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 am

Some of you are the worst fans. The kid is obviously struggling, and you are ready to throw him under the bus, and call him names. Terrible fans some of you are.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#573 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 am

Phish Tank wrote:he needs to gain 30 pounds to move to the 5 for good

Nah.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#574 » by Adelheid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:Some of you are the worst fans. The kid is obviously struggling, and you are ready to throw him under the bus, and call him names. Terrible fans some of you are.

The team was built somewhat "passable" at its current state -- KP and Timmy are the featured scorers and are surrounded by a bunch of underperforming and unreliable scrubs/veterans and massive work-in-progresses (Frank/Willy/Dotson). We lost one featured scorer to injury and KP is left to be eaten by a pack of wolves when to be honest, both of them cant really carry the scoring burden if separated. Tons of cap are spent on guys that are not worth it and it is not KP's fault. Kanter I think is a good player that may fit much better as the backup as he is still majorly lacking in team defense and shotblocking and KP HAS to help him on defending the rim and thus leaves the opposing stretch 4 wide open as hell. KP requires a special kind of C as a co-tandem so that he can concentrate on his man and he needs a guy(s) much higher threat than him to relieve the abusive doubles and physicality. That relegates him to 2nd/3rd option sure but it is what it is. At this point, everyone is looking who to point their fingers at.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#575 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 am

He leads the league in blocks though..

Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#576 » by Apples » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Someone said his shooting drops drasticly after 30 games. Three seasons now.

I think that anemia issue could be more serious than what he's led on or knows.
Something's up cause a twenty-two year old, in his third season, should not be feeling "tired" before the mid way point. And he hasn't even played every game. He doesn't seem to have the energy/endurance to play 41 games, let alone 82. No hate on him, this is just what I see.

I was actually hoping the Knicks really stunk this year so they can add a top tier talent with KP. Cause I don't see where they're getting that outside the draft.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,484

Post#577 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Apples wrote:Someone said his shooting drops drasticly after 30 games. Three seasons now.

I think that anemia issue could be more serious than what he's led on or knows.
Something's up cause a twenty-two year old, in his third season, should not be feeling "tired" before the mid way point. And he hasn't even played every game. He doesn't seem to have the energy/endurance to play 41 games, let alone 82. No hate on him, this is just what I see.

I was actually hoping the Knicks really stunk this year so they can add a top tier talent with KP. Cause I don't see where they're getting that outside the draft.

He needs a better offseason training and conditioning regimen. Unfortunately the Knicks will have to clear this with Janis.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#578 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Johnny Kilroy wrote:He needs Phil. Desperately.

:lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#579 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 pm

KP would be a good Batgirl to a Batman and Robin
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#580 » by Greenie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:Some of you are the worst fans. The kid is obviously struggling, and you are ready to throw him under the bus, and call him names. Terrible fans some of you are.

I was told that comes with the territory of being the best player on the Knicks and the face of the franchise.

It is what it is. If he doesn't play well and we lose then people are going to go in. I fought with a lot of people during Melo's era over that. No longer. The old scapegoat is gone. KP was always going to become the new one. Meanwhile we are starting Jared Jack :lol:

Return to New York Knicks