ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Conflict of Interest

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Re: Knicks Conflict of Interest 

Post#21 » by bleedblue3303 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 pm

I think you absolutely keep Frank. Let him grow into the player he needs to be. I would also explore trading everyone else not named KP. I would start with Kanter, even Hardaway. Hardaway is making 17 million per year. If you look at Boston, one of the most successful teams, the only players that get the big money are all stars. And you surround them with young players and role players who fit certain molds. I would be very curious, if Cleveland would ever consider the Brooklyn pick which will most likely be lower half of lotto for Hardaway. I would take a bad contract for 2 picks in this years draft. I think the top 6 are extremely strong. Right now Doncic according to NBAdraft.net is going 6th. This provides us with 2 more young pieces to surround Frank and KP. If the team gels well after next year we go after a second all star caliber player, possibly a third but that may take another year with Noah on the books. I still think the Hardaway contract was a huge mistake. But i really believe we can get value for him and Cleveland is ripe for the picking.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#22 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 am

If this was a real rebuild then Dotson would be in the rotation over scrubs like Lance Thomas and Ron Baker. Develop your youth and see what you have. If Dotson isn’t any good then get rid of him. Keeping him on the roster to rot behind NBA scrubs doesn’t help his development.

Here is the issue, OP. You’re trying to appease KP, who has still proven nothing in the league, while also trying to develop young talent. I get your point. It’s hard to do both and we likely can’t because then we have to accept Frank’s rookie mistakes. But I don’t think it’s a dilemma at all. We need to do what’s best for the franchise. If Porzingis doesn’t realize he has a treadmill team and we need to collect as many assets as possible to build a future contender then he is a moron. I get the Knicks are an embarrassment of a team but why would you want to play for an 8th seed treadmill team over a team that can be better than that in the future?

The Knicks are going nowhere right now. It’s a wasted season for me. Maybe one of the worst ever considering the potential we’ve thrown away with our 2018 draft pick. We’re playing Jack, Beasley, Thomas and other crap and calling it a rebuild while cruising to the 12th pick in the draft. That’s not building a team. That’s buikding mediocrity. This team needs to trade Lee, O’Quinn, McBuckets, Lance, Baker, etc and build around the draft. Leave no stone unturned. We have a strong scouting staff we barely utilize. We need to find diamonds in the rough but we also need to draft high enough where our picks don’t turn into flawed role players. We’re not in a good spot right now, I’ll tell you that. It’s depressing so look at this roster, look at the record and then look at Mills and Perry’s faces and think we’re gonna turn anything around.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#23 » by DrCoach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 am

I originally wanted to blow it up.

However, the team looks engaged and happy. I like the culture we are forming.

Franchise player:KP

We have some really high character Vets in Lee, Oquinn, Noah, Thomas and Jack

We have NBA scorers in Beasley ,Hardaway and Kanter

Young players: Frank, Willy, Dotson, Baker

We have a good G-League team with some talent

I love the retool the Raptors are doing. Build around star players , draft young long players, sign cheap young hungry vets.

Draft two players this year, sign a young vet.

My only concern is, is Hornacek the right fit for this team
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#24 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 am

I'm all for a partial demolition
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 am

DrCoach wrote:I originally wanted to blow it up.

I love the retool the Raptors are doing. Build around star players , draft young long players, sign cheap young hungry vets.

The Raptors are a joke. What are they building? They’ll be demolished in the playoffs as they have been for years. They have no superstars on their team and they play a predictable style of basketball. Teams like that fold in the playoffs. They’re not a model to build if you want to win a title in the future.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#26 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am

If this team stunk like it did last year, KP would be barking. You want him to request a trade?
It's paramount for the Knicks to atleast put a respectable product on the floor while also developing the young players.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#27 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 am

What young players are we developing? Dotson will never be an NBA starter. Hardaway is a 17 million dollar a year 6th man. Kanter is in the league for a long time. We have 2 players KP and like it or not Frank. We should be tanking now and getting a top
6 draft pick to add that 3rd piece and trade everyone not named KP or frank for as many picks as we can get

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#28 » by Galou » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:05 am

Knicks should trade KP.... He's soft

Markennan >>>
F$+*k the Nets.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#29 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:53 am

MP4LIFE wrote:If this was a real rebuild then Dotson would be in the rotation over scrubs like Lance Thomas and Ron Baker. Develop your youth and see what you have. If Dotson isn’t any good then get rid of him. Keeping him on the roster to rot behind NBA scrubs doesn’t help his development.

Here is the issue, OP. You’re trying to appease KP, who has still proven nothing in the league, while also trying to develop young talent. I get your point. It’s hard to do both and we likely can’t because then we have to accept Frank’s rookie mistakes. But I don’t think it’s a dilemma at all. We need to do what’s best for the franchise. If Porzingis doesn’t realize he has a treadmill team and we need to collect as many assets as possible to build a future contender then he is a moron. I get the Knicks are an embarrassment of a team but why would you want to play for an 8th seed treadmill team over a team that can be better than that in the future?

The Knicks are going nowhere right now. It’s a wasted season for me. Maybe one of the worst ever considering the potential we’ve thrown away with our 2018 draft pick. We’re playing Jack, Beasley, Thomas and other crap and calling it a rebuild while cruising to the 12th pick in the draft. That’s not building a team. That’s buikding mediocrity. This team needs to trade Lee, O’Quinn, McBuckets, Lance, Baker, etc and build around the draft. Leave no stone unturned. We have a strong scouting staff we barely utilize. We need to find diamonds in the rough but we also need to draft high enough where our picks don’t turn into flawed role players. We’re not in a good spot right now, I’ll tell you that. It’s depressing so look at this roster, look at the record and then look at Mills and Perry’s faces and think we’re gonna turn anything around.

Even though I strongly disagree with you about THJ on all fronts, I agree 100% with this post. We've been hoodwinked of an actual rebuild when this is nothing new.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#30 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:54 am

I've had enough. Fortnite it is
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,881

Post#31 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:00 am

FixTheKnicks wrote:Not sure if it’s just me or other fans out there feel the same, but I feel like there’s a big conflict of interest with this team that’ll eventually take us nowhere. The conflict is 2 part and revolves around arguably our 2 most important players .

Firstly is whether to play for the playoffs this year or to try for a lottery pick. The team is currently 19-22 and still just a few games out of the 5th seed in the east. Which would have been our spot already if it wasn’t for late game mishaps. With THJr returning the team should get back to playing better basketball which would help their playoff chances. A lot of fans want to tank for a pick but the reality is we are far off from getting a top 5 picks, which is usually where the talent is unless you get lucky.

For seconds, both management and our star player Porzingis have a desire to win and to make the playoffs. But the main issue is our 8th overall draft pick needs development, with Frank on the court he becomes such a liability on offense that it hurts our team. It’s great that he can defend and who knows what he can evolve into but at the moment playing him more minutes does not help Porzingis.

KP needs a point guard that can both penetrate and score. Frank does not provide these options at the moment, but playing him more is beneficially to his development. However we cannot fully develop Frank while growing KP into being the superstar many thinks he will become.

Where should the team go?

I don’t think it’s the worse of options trying to deal Frank to see what we can get in return only for the sake of Porzingis and keeping him both happy and healthy. Currently the burden on his back is heavy and he needs some relief. A point guard that can drive and open up the floor while providing scoring would help both KP and this team in my opinion. Jack has been providing this but he is only Jack after all and towards the end of his career.

IMO the real conflict of interest is the coach/team who want to make the playoffs and the fans who want to build a dynasty. We are building towards a Ewing-era type run where we have a very competitive team but are always a star short. After this draft, we will have some capitol to trade for a big name player on the move. Just as an example: Frank, 2019 first and Opt-In-Enes for Lillard. So we march forward with Lillard-Hardaway-Lee?-KP-O'Quinn. Sure that team will win some games and be exciting, but they won't really be the team to beat in the East let alone NBA.

Ultimately, ownership/management/coach are all on the same plan to get this team competitive ASAP without looking like the IT days (where FRP's are gone half-decades in advance).
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#32 » by DrCoach » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 am

MP4LIFE wrote:

The Raptors are a joke. What are they building? They’ll be demolished in the playoffs as they have been for years. They have no superstars on their team and they play a predictable style of basketball. Teams like that fold in the playoffs. They’re not a model to build if you want to win a title in the future.

The Raps have been the top 2 in the East for the last few years. They have been to the eastern conference finals and have increased their franchise alltime win total.

They are young, athletic at every position.

It's not their fault they don't have Lebron.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 am

DrCoach wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

The Raps have been the top 2 in the East for the last few years. They have been to the eastern conference finals and have increased their franchise alltime win total.

The Raptors don't have a superstar on their team. Forget LeBron, they don't have any guy that can take over in the playoffs. What good is finishing with a good record if you're going to get shut down in the playoffs?

Either you're in the title picture or you're not. If you're not then you better be building towards one. The Raptors aren't - and I don't want to be the Raptors.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#34 » by Bklyn&company » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 am

Have been saying since Frank was general mocked to us...It's going to take Frank 2 to 3 years to be decent.... I had hell of people trying to argue with me calling me crazy.... no worries I got a list of members and hella quotes... LOL
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#35 » by blanko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 am

Let frank play more min.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#36 » by Garbagelo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 am

The conflict of interest or should I say stupidity is that everyone keeps saying Frank isn't ready and we continue trotting Jarrett Jack out there, yet we continue losing every game. So let me ask this. If Frank isn't ready, and we still start him, the end result should be the same right? The readiness doesn't really matter if we simply lose with him or with Jack. If that is the case then there is a severe disconnect of logic here. One would think that an inquisitive mind would exhaust every possibility and try something new to acquire a new result but yet this one has yet to be explored, even at the minimal cost of losing, which we are doing anyway. Unless the goal is to remain status quo and lose every game without actually developing youth and just run KP and THJ into the ground every night until long term physical and psychological damage is done, then there needs to be a change and it starts with putting Frank in as the starter and giving less minutes to KP and THJ while utilizing the rest of our young roster.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#37 » by DrCoach » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

The Raptors don't have a superstar on their team. Forget LeBron, they don't have any guy that can take over in the playoffs. What good is finishing with a good record if you're going to get shut down in the playoffs?

Either you're in the title picture or you're not. If you're not then you better be building towards one. The Raptors aren't - and I don't want to be the Raptors.

How many teams in the East have Superstars, and still have beaten the Cavs?

ZERO.

But you've missed the point entirely, thats ok.

Return to New York Knicks