ImageImageImageImageImage

NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates 

Post#61 » by TimRobbins » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:31 pm

Blatt is perfect for a rebuilding team.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#62 » by shtolky » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:31 pm

fresko024 wrote:
NYKnicksFTW wrote:My money is on Blatt. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the next head coach of the Knicks.

Blatt would be a good hire. Not sure if he and Perry have a relationship so I doubt that would happen.

There are no indications Perry has to hire someone he knows. That's what got Phil in trouble, sort of. Also, Mills is the President and we all know that relationship. Would be a solid hire.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#63 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:10 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:People acting like this is an actual list? Dude threw out 3 names associated with the team and the Warriors asst. No one from the Knicks is telling him this. He gets mocked openly by the Knicks. This is just the weakest "deadline piece" you can get. Gotta write something....let's make it up out of thin air.

Please. I appreciate the NY Post being in the thread title though. I knew going in this was a waste of time. That should be a requirement.

Mark Jackson has been rumored bu multiple sources for a long time. He is the likely nest coach.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#64 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:15 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Guarantee it’ll be Blatt, no sources, it just makes too much sense. That Princeton connection plus we’re all in with the youth especially with Porz out?

So instead of arguing about the triangle offense, we'll argue about the Princeton offense. :lol:
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,227

Post#65 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:38 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:People acting like this is an actual list? Dude threw out 3 names associated with the team and the Warriors asst. No one from the Knicks is telling him this. He gets mocked openly by the Knicks. This is just the weakest "deadline piece" you can get. Gotta write something....let's make it up out of thin air.

Please. I appreciate the NY Post being in the thread title though. I knew going in this was a waste of time. That should be a requirement.

Mark Jackson has been rumored bu multiple sources for a long time. He is the likely nest coach.

That's your opinion. Cool. That changed nothing in my post.
:beer: RIP mags
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#66 » by dakomish23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:55 pm

Shemy wrote:any brad stevens type dudes in College??

Won’t matter if you don’t have Ainge type dudes running things upstairs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#67 » by dakomish23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:58 pm

Chris Finch is supposed to be a pretty solid offensive coach with big men
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#68 » by rajajackal » Fri Feb 9, 2018 7:17 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:

i disagree with this logic tbh. he's the easiest name to throw out and associate with us. he's been rumored every coaching search we've been on since he's been unemployed. blatt seems likeliest to me for a number of reasons (international experience, relationship with mills, known for developing young teams)
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#69 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:37 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

So you have more sources than Woj, Begley, Isola and Berman?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#70 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:41 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

So you have more sources than Woj, Begley, Isola and Berman?

The list of people he put together is not from sources. This is speculation. No one is telling Berman a thing. They mock the guy during pessers. It's a made up article. Period.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#71 » by sol537 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:44 pm

I want to keep Horny so he can tank one more season for us.

Just one more season.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#72 » by nedleeds » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:56 pm

NJ-NYK-17 wrote:I like Mark Jackson because he will instill a defensive mindset and hopefully make us tougher, but his offense in GS was ancient and held them back...maybe he learned from his mistakes?

Mark Jackson asking a bunch of Euros to come to his **** sermons where he preaches the gospel to them sounds like a recipe for team unity. GTFO with Jackson, he's a trainwreck of a coach and a piece of **** hypocrite.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#73 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:58 pm

Here's the thing with Jeff. I liked what he was doing until Timmy got hurt. He did give Dotson a shot and started him 2 games. I was impressed. Frank had been helping win in crunch time. Doug was playing well. Timmy. KP was beasting. Kanter was a monster. We were competing for the 4 seed. 18-14 I think?

Then the wheels fell off. Jeff has been pissing me off since. I don't have to run down the list of things he's done.

Last night he looked like he was going to continue. Jack/Timmy/Lee/Beasley/Kyle for 7 minutes. Then he subbed in MFLFT for Lee!!! My head exploded! Then he shocked me. He played the kids. He went back to the vets again which annoyed me but, he had 4 D League players out there with Frank. Too much too soon but, I was shocked.

If he can get these kids to overachieve and/or show promise and development...then why rush to fire him. I'll wait until I see how he plays out the string here. How the kids respond and develop. How he handles everything. Just like Perry said. There's still work to do. Do it right or hit the bricks.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#74 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:58 pm

nedleeds wrote:
NJ-NYK-17 wrote:I like Mark Jackson because he will instill a defensive mindset and hopefully make us tougher, but his offense in GS was ancient and held them back...maybe he learned from his mistakes?

Mark Jackson asking a bunch of Euros to come to his **** sermons where he preaches the gospel to them sounds like a recipe for team unity. GTFO with Jackson, he's a trainwreck of a coach and a piece of **** hypocrite.

Asking ANYONE to go to his stupid sermons is a recipe for disaster. He's an atrocious coach. 100% right.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#75 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:58 pm

We need an actual development coach. High draft picks isn't worth a thing if we can't get the young guys playing right. The right way to tank is to play the youngsters, give them a proper system on offense and defense and let the results land where they may. We don't have the talent to not suck. I feel like sucking next season is guaranteed. Player development is not guaranteed, which is why we need a new coach.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#76 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:02 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:We need an actual development coach. High draft picks isn't worth a thing if we can't get the young guys playing right. The right way to tank is to play the youngsters, give them a proper system on offense and defense and let the results land where they may. We don't have the talent to not suck. I feel like sucking next season is guaranteed. Player development is not guaranteed, which is why we need a new coach.

Blatt was brought into Cleveland specifically to develop the team. Then LeBron came back and decided he didn't like Blatt, and that was the end of that. Blatt would be perfect with this team, just like he was before we signed Jeff, especially if we somehow luck into a top pick and end up with Doncic of Bags.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#77 » by shtolky » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:06 pm

sol537 wrote:I want to keep Horny so he can tank one more season for us.

Just one more season.

Lottery reform kicks in after this season. The new system "hurts" tanking and gives teams that aren't truly brutal a decent shot at a top 3 pick relative to the really bad teams. With KP out until maybe Jan-Feb, we're probably gonna be bad anyway regardless of who the coach is.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,939

Post#78 » by Fury » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:09 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:We need an actual development coach. High draft picks isn't worth a thing if we can't get the young guys playing right. The right way to tank is to play the youngsters, give them a proper system on offense and defense and let the results land where they may. We don't have the talent to not suck. I feel like sucking next season is guaranteed. Player development is not guaranteed, which is why we need a new coach.

We had him. Kenny Atkinson. Did well with Lin now developing players in Brooklyn
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#79 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:11 pm

shtolky wrote:

Just one more season.

Lottery reform kicks in after this season. The new system "hurts" tanking and gives teams that aren't truly brutal a decent shot at a top 3 pick relative to the really bad teams. With KP out until maybe Jan-Feb, we're probably gonna be bad anyway regardless of who the coach is.

The lottery "reform" isn't that much different from what I remember. Top 3 have equal odds right? You can fall further though? We will suck either way and we will be a lottery team again for sure. Nail the picks.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#80 » by shtolky » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:17 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
shtolky wrote:

Just one more season.

The lottery "reform" isn't that much different from what I remember. Top 3 have equal odds right? You can fall further though? We will suck either way and we will be a lottery team again for sure. Nail the picks.

I didn't mean to imply that tanking is useless, it just doesn't reward the super tankers as much. You're right, top 3 teams have the same odds for a top 3 pick, and the top overall pick. We will suck next year and we have to nail another pick. Hopefully KP can come back to some help.

Here is a breakdown of the new odds:

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks