ImageImageImageImageImage

NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Re: NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates 

Post#81 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:24 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
NJ-NYK-17 wrote:I like Mark Jackson because he will instill a defensive mindset and hopefully make us tougher, but his offense in GS was ancient and held them back...maybe he learned from his mistakes?

Mark Jackson asking a bunch of Euros to come to his **** sermons where he preaches the gospel to them sounds like a recipe for team unity. GTFO with Jackson, he's a trainwreck of a coach and a piece of **** hypocrite.

Asking ANYONE to go to his stupid sermons is a recipe for disaster. He's an atrocious coach. 100% right.

I'm not into that **** by any means but with the way that blew up (very publicly) in his face, I would have to imagine that type of **** would be left at the door if he got another HC job
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#82 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:25 pm

NJ-NYK-17 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Mark Jackson asking a bunch of Euros to come to his **** sermons where he preaches the gospel to them sounds like a recipe for team unity. GTFO with Jackson, he's a trainwreck of a coach and a piece of **** hypocrite.

Asking ANYONE to go to his stupid sermons is a recipe for disaster. He's an atrocious coach. 100% right.

I'm not into that **** by any means but with the way that blew up (very publicly) in his face, I would have to imagine that type of **** would be left at the door if he got another HC job

So instead of having a nut preacher who is a bad coach, we’ll be left with a bad coach. No thanks. :lol:
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#83 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
That's your opinion. Cool. That changed nothing in my post.

So you have more sources than Woj, Begley, Isola and Berman?

The list of people he put together is not from sources. This is speculation. No one is telling Berman a thing. They mock the guy during pessers. It's a made up article. Period.

Maybe the others but Mark Jackson has been a legit rumored name from years.

Are you really doubting the Knicks aren't dumb enough to hire Jackson?

Berman does suck, though.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,194

Post#84 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:15 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
So you have more sources than Woj, Begley, Isola and Berman?

The list of people he put together is not from sources. This is speculation. No one is telling Berman a thing. They mock the guy during pessers. It's a made up article. Period.

Maybe the others but Mark Jackson has been a legit rumored name from years.

Are you really doubting the Knicks aren't dumb enough to hire Jackson?

Berman does suck, though.

I don't doubt the Knicks being dumb. My OP was that this is not a real list of coaches the Knicks are considering. Jackson has been rumored here for years. Blatt is friends with Mills. Doc is an ex Knick(same reason Jax gets mentioned) and thow in the GSW asst for flavor. It's just a made up article. The Knicks aren't actively or openly looking for the next HC. Berman would not know if they were.
:beer: RIP mags
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#85 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:17 pm

I don't care if it's one of you ****. Just someone who will

Coach smart basketball - so no iso ****. Very few players know the proper time and place, we don't need a recreation of the **** we went through the last few years.

Hold lazy ass players accountable - no one is off the hook

Make in game adjustments - **** ain't hard
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#86 » by Phish Tank » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:23 pm

Kids, say no to Mark Jackson
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#87 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Has to be Berman. I didn't even click on it and I know it.

Isola has already brought up Jackson earlier this year so there is definitely truth to it.

Everyone hates Isola, including me, but he's usually right on his rumors.

What you just said; if you left the name blank, I would've filled it in with Peter Vescey. Can't stand his delivery but when Peter says it, it usually happens.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,352

Post#88 » by Grinditout » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Why does it have to be a big name, why not a highly qualified assistant coach getting his first shot?

If it has to be a known quantity then I’m for Blatt.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#89 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 am

Grinditout wrote:Why does it have to be a big name, why not a highly qualified assistant coach getting his first shot?

With what Saint Johns has done this season Chris Mullen's name has to be in the hat as well...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#90 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43 am

What about Mark Few? Could he be the next Brad Stevens?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#91 » by Sark » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:15 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Grinditout wrote:Why does it have to be a big name, why not a highly qualified assistant coach getting his first shot?

With what Saint Johns has done this season Chris Mullen's name has to be in the hat as well...

Why? Because he's a known name?
SpikJagger
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#92 » by SpikJagger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 am

One wonders if Messina would ever leave pops side or if he's being groomed for something more.

I'd seriously even take Becky Hammon. Pop seems to rate her highly, has a players perspective. Milwaukee even interviewed her for the GM position last season.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#93 » by ChaosHamster » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am

I wanna see someone who worked their way up from College or Europe. Or at least a guy who has worked as an assistant in a good organization for years.

Our last two coaches (i'am not counting Rambis) were dudes who had little or no experience in the field, before they were named HC. Fisher didn't have any coaching experience. Jeff worked as a shooting coach for two years, and then was an assistant for 2 more, before he got a HC job in Phoenix.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#94 » by NYKat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:19 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Mike **** brown??

GTFO

He was decent coach before joining the Warriors and you gotta think he picked up a thing or two working under Kerr...

Although, I'm still not all that impressed with Gentry who worked under Kerr too
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#95 » by NYKat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am

How about Jason Kidd? He seems to have shown some real coaching talent.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Post#96 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 am

July 2018 Front Page:

I'M BACK: Phil Jackson agrees to 5/100 million deal to coach New York Knicks.

But seriously, we don't need some old established coach. We need a bright young mind with forward-thinking philosophies and someone who has worked their way up through the ranks. I'd love to take a look at Fizdale, the Grizz always fought hard and overperformed during his tenure. But if isn't him, then I'd prefer we look at a younger coach.

You know, anyone who stops us from being the 30th in 3's taken and 1st in 3's conceeded. Thanks.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,410

Post#97 » by Synciere » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 am

I can't understand why so many people like Blatt. International experience means nothing here, because the States have the best league by far. He was given the keys to a Ferrari in Cleveland and crashed the car. But honestly, it's not so much that he crashed, it's the way he let Lebron son him so magnificently. The carnage there was a thing of beauty.

I get why some would complain about having three black names there as coach. The fact that if the situation was reversed and all executives and coaches considered were white no one would say anything is just ironic I suppose. Or pat for the course. However, I'm in agreement that perhaps we should be looking at good assistants too. I like Fizdale though. He came up as a long time assistant in Miami before finally getting his Memphis shot. He's known as an X-and-O guy and is a firey personality. I'm still not sure on what exactly happened in Memphis though.

Jackson will always get mentioned, but he looks real bad after the way Kerr took the same exact team he had and turned them into a juggernaut. The religion thing is only slightly worrisome. Most Americans think angels are real.

I don't look at this as an owner/management perpetual flaw either. Look around the league. Most teams are constantly turning over coaches and management trying to get the right mix together. We need some consistency. If coaches were turned over at the rate they are today back in the 70s and 80s most hall of fame coaches would cease to exist. KP is out for at least half of next year and most of our veterans will be back. You know what else messes with player development? Constant turnover. It'll only help Frank and Dotson and even Mudiay if we bring back our coaching staff and they're running the same system, instead of learning an entirely new scheme. I'm not sure I see the upside of a new coach next year unless we're sure we can commit long term and believe it's a Brad Stevens type hire. And no, Tony Bennett is not that guy.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#98 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Blatt isn’t the ideal choice, he’s the ONLY choice.

1. Ain’t no US baller coming to play on a big market team centered around two Euros (maybe a third with Doncic). Hence the Knicks have only one choice to sign talent and that’s from Europe. Blatt has a rapport with Euro players who are more reserved. He also will use a longer bench to keep KP fresh.

2. Blatt wasn’t to fault for the Cavs. The ONLY reason why the Cavs won the NBA title was due to Draymond Green getting a suspension DURING the NBA finals. Once Lebron James leaves, Tyronne Lue will be immediately fired.

Let’s be clear. The Knicks are not desirable. Free agents don’t want to come here. Best coaching prospects don’t want to come here.

If you think Blatt is a poor choice, put on some donkey ears and punch yourself in the dick.

I guarantee you the fans will be begging for Blatt after Mark Jackson is fired half a season next year.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates 

Post#99 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm

NYKat wrote:How about Jason Kidd? He seems to have shown some real coaching talent.

Kidd is super smart and did a good job with Milwaukee but there is always too much drama and ego with him.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#100 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm

NYKat wrote:How about Jason Kidd? He seems to have shown some real coaching talent.

Go ask Bucks fans how they feel about him.

Spoiler:
They hate him. Terrible coach.

Return to New York Knicks