ImageImageImageImageImage

NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,307

Re: NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates 

Post#101 » by DrCoach » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Id be ok with Blatt

I'm very intrigued with Tony Bennet thou
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,796

Post#102 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:30 pm

NBA is a perception over reality league. If the players perceive Blatt as bad because of Lebron, then no one will play here. Pass on Blatt. Even if he's good, Knicks shouldn't do it. And I was all for hiring Blatt too.

Face it, every player rejected the triangle without even totally understanding it. In part because sports media constantly bashed it. NBA players are like hard right republicans now. They believe crap that's communicated to them with an agenda more than anything else.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#103 » by Synciere » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Blatt isn’t the ideal choice, he’s the ONLY choice.

1. Ain’t no US baller coming to play on a big market team centered around two Euros (maybe a third with Doncic). Hence the Knicks have only one choice to sign talent and that’s from Europe. Blatt has a rapport with Euro players who are more reserved. He also will use a longer bench to keep KP fresh.

2. Blatt wasn’t to fault for the Cavs. The ONLY reason why the Cavs won the NBA title was due to Draymond Green getting a suspension DURING the NBA finals. Once Lebron James leaves, Tyronne Lue will be immediately fired.

Let’s be clear. The Knicks are not desirable. Free agents don’t want to come here. Best coaching prospects don’t want to come here.

If you think Blatt is a poor choice, put on some donkey ears and punch yourself in the dick.

I guarantee you the fans will be begging for Blatt after Mark Jackson is fired half a season next year.

So now we're not going to draft or sign anyone from the states? Doncic is one prospect and we're already penciling him in? Blatt's reputation amongst top players is punk bitch. He has NO respect from the players. But let's act like respect from players is a non issue if you're a coach. And he's the only choice?? Tf?! The Cavs won the chip fair and square. The Warriors had a Game 7 at home and didn't finish it. Lue got it done. Blatt got fired. He has no winning experience here in the states, not even as an assistant. Why are people supporting this?? lol...

If you think he's a good choice, shove a spike bat up your ass lmaoooo. Who talks like that?!?!?!
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,610

Post#104 » by Billy Goat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Blatt isn’t the ideal choice, he’s the ONLY choice.

1. Ain’t no US baller coming to play on a big market team centered around two Euros (maybe a third with Doncic). Hence the Knicks have only one choice to sign talent and that’s from Europe. Blatt has a rapport with Euro players who are more reserved. He also will use a longer bench to keep KP fresh.

2. Blatt wasn’t to fault for the Cavs. The ONLY reason why the Cavs won the NBA title was due to Draymond Green getting a suspension DURING the NBA finals. Once Lebron James leaves, Tyronne Lue will be immediately fired.

Let’s be clear. The Knicks are not desirable. Free agents don’t want to come here. Best coaching prospects don’t want to come here.

If you think Blatt is a poor choice, put on some donkey ears and punch yourself in the dick.

I guarantee you the fans will be begging for Blatt after Mark Jackson is fired half a season next year.

The Knicks need to draft good players. Stay out of free agency(the Hardaway deal was very bad), pick the right guys and build a team that isnt centered around individuals overly focused on ASG's or their PPG.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#105 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Synciere wrote:If you think he's a good choice, shove a spike bat up your ass lmaoooo. Who talks like that?!?!?!

I don't know, but you just went Negan on us....
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#106 » by PeoplesChamp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm

K P 6 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Diversity. All Black front office and coaching staff. Who cares about whats right for the team.

Im black myself but its facts

But an all white front office makes you fell all is right with the world, huh, Ruckus?
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#107 » by PeoplesChamp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Blatt or Fizdale are the choices that makes sense on this list.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,961

Post#108 » by Besart19 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Popovich
Strength and Honour!
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#109 » by NYKnicksFTW » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Besart19 wrote:Popovich

#BelichicktotheGiants
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#110 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

But an all white front office makes you fell all is right with the world, huh, Ruckus?

You guys didn’t understand what I was saying. Go look up the diversity special on knicks.com that was put up yesterday. When we say diversity we mainly mean how We can get more of our kind in high positions. Let’s keep it a buck. I tried not responding to spit the real but I don’t want to turn this thread. Peace

Edit: my point was to not hire a black coach because he is black. Hire him because he’s the coach the young team needs. If he’s black so be it. But make sure it’s a coach who brings what the young team needs. I dot. Remember Doc and Jackson being good with young players.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#111 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Nobody responded to figure to ask again. What about Mark Few? Seems to have an amazing basketball mind. Gonzaga is a contender every year without the talent of a Kentucky. I don’t have numbers in front of me but I want to say only 2 coaches won 300 games faster. Give him 6 years like Brad Stevens so the players know the coach is here to stay. I would roll the dice on him .

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:54 pm

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#113 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:57 pm

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#114 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Sark wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Grinditout wrote:Why does it have to be a big name, why not a highly qualified assistant coach getting his first shot?

If it has to be a known quantity then I’m for Blatt.

With what Saint Johns has done this season Chris Mullen's name has to be in the hat as well...

Why? Because he's a known name?

Because he is a college coach in the area who is having some success (beating Duke and Villanova recently), it also helps that he is a known name and a local product himself.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
SpikJagger
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#115 » by SpikJagger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:35 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

If we want true diversity we should just hire a **** woman. At least interview Hammon.

Black gm/pres combo with a woman head coach? That's breaking barriers.

...i really just want someone from the spurs coaching tree as coach that's not Borrego.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#116 » by Da ThRONe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:NBA is a perception over reality league. If the players perceive Blatt as bad because of Lebron, then no one will play here. Pass on Blatt. Even if he's good, Knicks shouldn't do it. And I was all for hiring Blatt too.

Face it, every player rejected the triangle without even totally understanding it. In part because sports media constantly bashed it. NBA players are like hard right republicans now. They believe crap that's communicated to them with an agenda more than anything else.

This post seems off. So Blatt can be a great coach but because he wanted to hold James accountable he can never coach in the league again? If he can make a player better and help a team win players will follow him. Now can he do those things I don't know.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,796

Post#117 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:NBA is a perception over reality league. If the players perceive Blatt as bad because of Lebron, then no one will play here. Pass on Blatt. Even if he's good, Knicks shouldn't do it. And I was all for hiring Blatt too.

This post seems off. So Blatt can be a great coach but because he wanted to hold James accountable he can never coach in the league again? If he can make a player better and help a team win players will follow him. Now can he do those things I don't know.

I think Blatt is a good coach, but I really wonder about the impact of perception. I mean, part of leading is reputation. There was a LOT of negative perception about the Knicks with the triangle, but that's more on the system than the coach I guess. But you saw how the perception went and players were echoing ESPN reporters basically, at times. And sure he should have held James accountable, but who has players ears more, LeBron or some coach who coached a year?
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#118 » by Da ThRONe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

I think Blatt is a good coach, but I really wonder about the impact of perception. I mean, part of leading is reputation. There was a LOT of negative perception about the Knicks with the triangle, but that's more on the system than the coach I guess. But you saw how the perception went and players were echoing ESPN reporters basically, at times. And sure he should have held James accountable, but who has players ears more, LeBron or some coach who coached a year?

I understand your point I just don't think it's has to be permanent. I think if he can impress some GM with his basketball IQ and show players his attention to detail on how to improve their games they'll quickly get over it.
SpikJagger
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#119 » by SpikJagger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I think Blatt is a good coach, but I really wonder about the impact of perception. I mean, part of leading is reputation.

I think the perception around both Lebron and the Cavs has changed drastically this season though. I think people (fans, players, executives alike) always doubted the Blatt firing. Now with this dysfunctional Cavaliers season it's become more and more apparent that Blatt def. did get a "raw deal" and that there's been issues with the franchise as a whole, that don't nec reflect on the coach.

Everything from Kyrie to the Griffin firing to the Billups rejection to Lue losing the lockeroom to all the losses this season. Even all the controversy with Gilbert and Lebron. Cavs made it very apparent that being a winning franchise and a dysfunctional one aren't mutually exclusive.

If anything this season has alleviated Blatts perception and reputation. If anything i think people are looking at the Cavs and specifically Lue with a negative perception as of late. Lue has been a laughing stock as of late around the league among scouts and executives with those lineups and lack of effort his players have been giving him.

Blatt will be fine and his rep is fine. The only thing i'm worried about are reports that he wasn't familiar with all NBA players (didn't know their names, needed to rely strictly on scouting reports, etc.)
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#120 » by Synciere » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:07 pm

I don't think the media had anything to do with the triangle's failures. First we had a coach that didn't run it. Second it's a slow, predictable system that cant compete with today's pace and space league. No one plays exclusively out of the post anymore, nonetheless a two post system. I'm not sure how the Blatt and triangle system relate, but players saw Blatt clearly was ill prepared to deal with Lebron. In a league in which you have to have stars to win, your coach has to be able to demand respect, even from the worlds best player.

Return to New York Knicks