ImageImageImageImageImage

I feel like Pablo.....might be back!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Re: I feel like Pablo.....might be back! 

Post#41 » by GONYK » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:I like Pablo... but lets keep it real, Pablo was an avg nba player at best... a backup or 3rd/4th string point ... what is he going to teach them? To be avg/backups? Seriously?

What Mudiay and Frank really need are Russell Westbrook performance trainer(the same guy that use to train DRose), Oladpio's fitness trainers and/or a Chris Brinkley type of guy to keep in house.

I think Pablo would have a lot to offer in terms of the mental aspects. But we could also use conditioning people. So they could use both types you mentioned. The Knicks could use a lot of help. Wouldn't be wise to not open up the doors to capable people.

We need to return to the Pat Riley days of conditioning. Seeing what they get out of guys in Miami is impressive.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#42 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Prigioni would be a great hire. Especially for Ntilikina.
BeagleBoss
General Manager

Post#43 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:"Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause."

How is your #1 goal development but you don't have enough developmental coaches? SMH

I like Pablo, but one thing both Frank and Mudi need help with is shooting, and Pablo ain't gonna be able to teach them that :lol:

Prigioni was a very good shooter when he was here.
BeagleBoss
General Manager

Post#44 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:56 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:He could definitely help Mudiay. Not so sure he's what Frank needs though.

Ntilikina needs all the help he can get. He's had an awful rookie season.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#45 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:He could definitely help Mudiay. Not so sure he's what Frank needs though.

I would disagree with awful.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#46 » by 2010 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Greenie wrote:
2010 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Isn't Michelle Obama's brother supposed to be the development coach? No thank you to Pablo, if you want somebody to work with the pgs let Clyde do it since he seems to want to do it so badly

Craig Robinson is the Director of Player Development. He doesn't develop the players himself. He is in charge of building out a department to do so.

He needs to do better then.

He just got here tho. Not even a year in the role yet. Lets give him some time to make a hire or two and then track the results of our young players' progress.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
BeagleBoss
General Manager

Post#47 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

I would disagree with awful.

What would you call it? 5.3 ppg on 35%, 34% from three, 3.3 apg and 0.9 spg is awful imo. And defensively he's declined since the beginning of the season.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#48 » by xNewYorkMadex » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Mr.StealingYourFknCookies

Never forget when he nearly had another inbound steal against Boston and looked directly upward towards the camera w/ a smile on his face.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
RealGM

Post#49 » by 2010 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:16 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:

Yeah but Pablo got that Euro conservative point guard mentality. That ain't gonna help Frank. Pablo used to turn down mad shots. Pablo was not a penetrator. Pablo was defense and ball sharing first. Pablo's philosophy would be redundant to Frank's existing strengths. We need someone to help develop the weaknesses in his game and to mold his mentality to be more aggressive offensively. Pablo is not the right hire.

I would look into a guy like Rod Strickland.

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#50 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 pm

omerome wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Na we gotta get Tony Parker here somehow. The French trio.

WTF would Tony come here? Why?
He’s staying in SA. He’s good. He’s not leaving greatness to come to fuq town.

Yeah, he has no reason to leave.

Instead, it would be great if Parker and Frank were to workout together over the summer. I would get excited hearing that.

I said somehow. I know it won’t happen. Just would be cool because then Parker can speak French with the other 2.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#51 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:"Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause."

How is your #1 goal development but you don't have enough developmental coaches? SMH

I like Pablo, but one thing both Frank and Mudi need help with is shooting, and Pablo ain't gonna be able to teach them that :lol:

pablo's shooting is awesome. he just didn't shoot a lot.

and he was basically a bench coach. that team had so much character and good habits.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#52 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:20 pm

2010 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

Yeah but Pablo got that Euro conservative point guard mentality. That ain't gonna help Frank. Pablo used to turn down mad shots. Pablo was not a penetrator. Pablo was defense and ball sharing first. Pablo's philosophy would be redundant to Frank's existing strengths. We need someone to help develop the weaknesses in his game and to mold his mentality to be more aggressive offensively. Pablo is not the right hire.

development coach doesn't mean make them like him. pablo was always able to see his teammates talents and try to maximize them as a player. i would hope that's what he'd do in this role.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#53 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:21 pm

the knicks need to bring back chris brickley. put all the money in a bag and give it to him.

i bet he's not even listening to offers from teams. the players come direct to dude.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#54 » by NewEra » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 pm

I've been saying all along to hire a vet/retired pg to DEVELOP these young projects. Not STEAL their playing time or waste roster spots. Jack/Sessions should've been doing what Pablo will be doing. Not playing in actual games. The young guys need to be out there.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
RealGM

Post#55 » by 2010 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

development coach doesn't mean make them like him. pablo was always able to see his teammates talents and try to maximize them as a player. i would hope that's what he'd do in this role.

I get that but people tend to teach with a base rooted in core principles. Even when tailoring training to specific players to maximize their potential. I can just see Pablo pushing Frank to continue what he is already good at and not trying to overhaul Frank's mentality at PG.

At the end of the day one thing we know is Pablo really believes a PG should defend and pass first. He used to state that when there would be chatter about why doesn't he shoot more. I can't see him wholeheartedly pushing Frank to be more aggressive and looking for his shot.

One thing I do know is Rod Strickland is from NYC. Rod has developed mad guards working in the college game. Rod will relate to today's players. Rod made a career living in the paint and being aggressive so we know he would have no core principle issues with changing Frank's current mentality and pushing him to look for his own shot to open up his game and the floor for everyone else.

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#56 » by Besart19 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Greenie wrote:I like Pablo.
Now go get me a different coaching staff.

Messina
Blatt
Ewing
Prigioni
Rasheed
K.Thomas
Cassell
R.Horry
Strength and Honour!
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#57 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Rather reduce Jacks minutes to 0 and have him be the pg coach.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#58 » by NYKAL » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

matchman wrote:I approve this, he could be the one that really can help the young guns

what is he going to teach them, how to be professional in a losing environment? Dude was never a good defender, never had a high assist rate, never was more than a cog in the machine.....and not an especially well tooled cog at that.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#59 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:the knicks need to bring back chris brickley. put all the money in a bag and give it to him.

i bet he's not even listening to offers from teams. the players come direct to dude.

now that you hear that we don't have many development coaches it seems more like his firing was some sh*t to spite kp after all
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#60 » by Besart19 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:58 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:the knicks need to bring back chris brickley. put all the money in a bag and give it to him.

now that you hear that we don't have many development coaches it seems more like his firing was some sh*t to spite kp after all

Phil Jackson's dream:

Noah / Willy / Kornet
Ryno / Beasley / Hicks
Kawhi / Lance / Kuz
Lee / Dotson / Sasha
Hill / Ntilikina / Baker
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks