ImageImageImageImageImage

Foster arrested.

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Re: Foster arrested. 

Post#21 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 am

wco81 wrote:Maybe Foster slid in the draft because teams had a sense this guy could have all kinds of off field troubles.

At the time they said he slid because of injury concerns.

But he's still injury-prone as well as now personal problems.

Time to move on.

He got booted from the Combine for basically trying to fight a hospital employee, so it was always pretty clear that off-field issues were part of the puzzle for the guy.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#22 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

49ers MLB Reuben Foster was arrested Sunday morning in Santa Clara (CA) on charges "related to domestic violence," and for possessing an assault rifle.

He's being held on $75,000 bail, $50,000 for domestic violence and $25,000 for the assault weapon. It's Foster's second arrest in the last month; he was popped for marijuana possession in Alabama on January 12. Foster also failed a drug test at the 2017 Combine and was kicked out of the Combine after an altercation with a hospital employee. When healthy, Foster proved a difference-making run defender as a rookie. He now risks missing significant time due to a string of off-field incidents.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Feb 11 - 7:19 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#23 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#24 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#25 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#26 » by Jikkle » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm

I wouldn't cut him but I'd say one more major screw up and he's gone.

Just my outside impressions I'd say he's not a bad kid just a dumb and immature one whereas compared to Aldon who seemed like he was a bad seed from the get go. I think another problem is that he appears to be an emotional guy which means he likely reacts and acts before he thinks and that gets him into trouble.

I do see a chance for him to turn it around it's just a question if he'll do it before the team has no choice but to kick him to the curb.

At any rate I'm sure the Saints are glad the 9ers did them a solid and traded up for him. We did them a solid by taking Foster and we did them a solid by giving them the pick they took Kamara with.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#27 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 pm

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#28 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 pm

ya, gonna put a hold on any Foster related jerseys....

wtf kid...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#29 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/12/reuben-foster-arrest-girlfriend-alleges-49ers-player-dragged-her-during-argument-sources-say/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Threw her stuff out and tried to drag her outside. This could have been a lot worse.

OK what he did was indefensible but he was trying to get her out of his home, it sounds like.

He should have called the cops and said that this person was no longer welcome in his home, that he asked her to leave but she refused.

Instead he tried to eject her himself.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#30 » by NinerSickness » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:He’s toast. 2 cent brain. I think I need to go scream.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wanted Cam Robinson. :noway:
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#31 » by Dloading99 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 am

Gather the information.

I already know what Chris Pozzz is saying.

Look simple as this they gotta draft a linebacker is it Raquon Smith the dude from Virginia Tech. we'll see. but pretty sure the Niners will release him at this point. he's talented but who knows when the guy is going to get on the field. he just doesn't get it. especially right now being an NFL pro. some guys get it. some guys have talent. he'll get signed somewhere. he plays like LT if it was the LT era he'd be playing. but it seems like he is edgy off the field to. These guys are talented but they just do stupid things.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 am

wco81 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/12/reuben-foster-arrest-girlfriend-alleges-49ers-player-dragged-her-during-argument-sources-say/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Threw her stuff out and tried to drag her outside. This could have been a lot worse.

OK what he did was indefensible but he was trying to get her out of his home, it sounds like.

He should have called the cops and said that this person was no longer welcome in his home, that he asked her to leave but she refused.

Instead he tried to eject her himself.

If she has proof that she has been living there for at least 30 days, then she’s lawfully a “resident” of that property. It doesn’t matter if she’s listed on the lease. If a medical bill or cell phone bill reveals that she’s a long standing resident then she can lawfully stay there unless a judge orders her out. Squatters rights.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#33 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:27 am

Dloading99 wrote:Gather the information.

Look simple as this they gotta draft a linebacker is it Raquon Smith the dude from Virginia Tech. we'll see. but pretty sure the Niners will release him at this point. he's talented but who knows when the guy is going to get on the field. he just doesn't get it. especially right now being an NFL pro. some guys get it. some guys have talent. he'll get signed somewhere. he plays like LT if it was the LT era he'd be playing. but it seems like he is edgy off the field to. These guys are talented but they just do stupid things.

Are you high!? :o
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#34 » by I_am_1z » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:34 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dloading99 wrote:Gather the information.

Are you high!? :o

Maybe he meant Lawrence Timmons
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,128

Post#35 » by clyde21 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 am

What an idiot. So much wasted potential.

smfh
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#36 » by NinerSickness » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 am

There's a reason this guy fell to 29. Everyone knew he was a head case. Niners gambled & lost.

Cam Robinson is looking pretty good right now. :(

Wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended an entire season, and I suspect he's played his last down for the Niners. :banghead:
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#37 » by Dloading99 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 am

No he's not a Lawrence Taylor talent.

Obviously dude isn't even Ray Lewis.

He plays like LT where he plays over board he's an edgy guy. there's some guys that play football and then have that football mentality off the field. Rueben Foster is crazy on the field and off the field. he's always going Walls to Wall he's just nuts.

The Alabama thing this incident the draft combine now on the field you are going to get great production you can watch that first preseason game and see that. but off the field he has his issues.

Back to the Subject.

This is about a player who is a great player so they will do everything to keep him on the team. if he sucked he'd be cut. but he's a first round pick and when you look at the talent that was drafted after him they are going to try to do everything to keep him in the bay.

Alvin Kamara juju Smith Shuester Cam Robinson Kareem Hunt We are talking about big talent here.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#38 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759140-report-49ers-wont-make-quick-decision-on-reuben-fosters-future-after-arrest

as expected... the kid has lots of talent and it be too easy for them to dump him now and have some other team claim him cheaply.

If we didn't have those prior image problems this one could've been more in our football favor but now its tricky.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#39 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Source: 49ers talk multiple times with Foster

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-49ers-talk-multiple-times-foster
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#40 » by Jikkle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

NinerSickness wrote:There's a reason this guy fell to 29. Everyone knew he was a head case. Niners gambled & lost.

Cam Robinson is looking pretty good right now. :(

Wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended an entire season, and I suspect he's played his last down for the Niners. :banghead:

Nah I think he'll get the standard 6 game suspension for DV.

The way the 9ers will play it is they'll go with the "We've spoken with Reuben and he knows he needs to do better which is why he's agreed to counseling and anger management etc."

That way the spin it like a positive in that they are trying to help a troubled young man while not needing to cut bait with him yet.

Return to San Francisco 49ers