ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XVIII

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 8,016
And1: 7,749
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#821 » by Pointgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Isn’t the mob kinda legal in Russia? How is that money laundering? They don’t sell drugs, they just run the place.


Last I checked the mob isn’t legal in the US and if Trump is laundering money from the ill gotten gains of the Russian mob that is illegal for a myriad of reasons.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,901
And1: 1,729
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#822 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:Isn’t the mob kinda legal in Russia? How is that money laundering? They don’t sell drugs, they just run the place.


Last I checked the mob isn’t legal in the US and if Trump is laundering money from the ill gotten gains of the Russian mob that is illegal for a myriad of reasons.


That doesn't make any sense. There is no US mob in Russia and therefore no law to break. Only money laundering, but laundering of what? The Russian mob makes money from oil and natural gas, not drugs.
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 8,016
And1: 7,749
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#823 » by Pointgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:Isn’t the mob kinda legal in Russia? How is that money laundering? They don’t sell drugs, they just run the place.


Last I checked the mob isn’t legal in the US and if Trump is laundering money from the ill gotten gains of the Russian mob that is illegal for a myriad of reasons.


That doesn't make any sense. There is no US mob in Russia and therefore no law to break. Only money laundering, but laundering of what? The Russian mob makes money from oil and natural gas, not drugs.


I mean you can’t honestly believe that the Russian mob doesn’t have its hands tied in all sorts of criminal activities.

http://fortune.com/2014/09/14/biggest-organized-crime-groups-in-the-world/

It’s estimated that the group claims upwards of 9,000 members, and that it’s bread and butter is the drug trade and human trafficking. Russian organized crime in general is heavily involved in the heroin trade that originates in Afghanistan: it’s estimated that Russia consumes about 12% of the world’s heroin, while it contains just 0.5% of the world’s population.


Read up on Trumps buddy Felix Sater. The guy is so shady he should be put on lamps.
User avatar
gtn130
Analyst
Posts: 3,297
And1: 2,520
Joined: Mar 18, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#824 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:Isn’t the mob kinda legal in Russia? How is that money laundering? They don’t sell drugs, they just run the place.


Last I checked the mob isn’t legal in the US and if Trump is laundering money from the ill gotten gains of the Russian mob that is illegal for a myriad of reasons.


That doesn't make any sense. There is no US mob in Russia and therefore no law to break. Only money laundering, but laundering of what? The Russian mob makes money from oil and natural gas, not drugs.


They want to get their money out of Russia
User avatar
gtn130
Analyst
Posts: 3,297
And1: 2,520
Joined: Mar 18, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#825 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:52 pm

What do you think the Brooklyn Nets owner was up to?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,901
And1: 1,729
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#826 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 pm

I mean, I did study the Russian Mafia as the main topic of my Ph.D. thesis in the late nineties. Back then what made them mobsters was fighting over territory (thus murdering a lot of people), but what they were fighting over was the opportunity to provide contract enforcement to legit businesses (mostly banks), since the Russian government didn't inherit a healthy commercial law court from the Soviet Union, commerce being illegal.

The super billionaire mobsters are the ones who manipulated the privatization process to seize billions of dollars of oil and natural gas extraction assets. Yes they are interested in taking that money out of Russia and hiding it in various places, but I've never really been clear as to why the US cares at all about that.

I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
User avatar
gtn130
Analyst
Posts: 3,297
And1: 2,520
Joined: Mar 18, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#827 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


It's a problem when the President of the US is a frontman for Russian money laundering, won't release his tax returns and won't say a bad word about Putin.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,901
And1: 1,729
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#828 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


It's a problem when the President of the US is a frontman for Russian money laundering, won't release his tax returns and won't say a bad word about Putin.


Yeah, I get that Trump is only still in business because he got loans from the Russians that no one else would give him, and he is thus financially compromised by that. The fact that he still owes money to the Russians, who helped him build Trump tower, which he has not separated himself from financially, is enough to accuse him of violating the emoluments clause. Frankly I'm a little confused as to why he is still in office. Why is no one pressing charges? You'd think it would have occurred to someone by now.

I just don't understand the money laundering angle. Laundering of what money exactly? Oil company profits? How is that money laundering?

And it is ironic, I mean it is in our best interests to improve our diplomatic relations with Russia, and I actually wholeheartedly agree with a lot of stuff Trump has said about them, hey, they're not the bad guys anymore, wouldn't it save us a lot of money militarily to let them help us out in areas where they have a lot of influence (the Middle East)? If only he hadn't flagrantly used his connections with the Russians to help spread stolen emails strategically during the 2016 elections, improvement of our relations with the Russians would be a huge diplomatic triumph for Trump. He shot himself in the foot. Especially coming out on the campaign trail and openly inviting the Russians to hack HRC's emails. Gatdayum what a stupid thing to do.
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 12,673
And1: 4,946
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#829 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 pm

nate33 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:Read this if you care whatsoever about the rule of law and how the process was abused in the FISA warrant process. This is the biggest scandal of our time. It is easily worse than Watergate. And Andrew McCarthy is no hack. He is a former U.S. Attorney. He was actually defending the Obama Administration when this scandal was first coming out.

Read on Twitter

He's been writing against Obama since his election. I was quickly able to find an article of his condemning Obama on this issue from March of last year, and it looks like he has been doing so the entire time. So when was he defending Obama?

He's certainly a conservative. He writes for National Review, after all. But he defended the Obama Administration's conduct of the Russia investigation at first.

Again, in a quick search, I didn't see any articles at all showing him ever supporting Obama on this issue, going pretty far back, and a gratuitous early exception wouldn't change my mind that he is nothing more than a pretty wholly partisan voice (hack or not) in a battle far more political than legal at this point. Whether Obama broke the law or not is quite beside the point to the great majority of his opponents. The law needs to be what they need it to be, and if they are unable to convince legal authorities that it is so, they need to convince huge numbers of people that this failure is attributable to "the swamp" and "the deep state" and "fake news" rather than "justice and the rule of law."

I know I sound like a broken record, but I've been following Trump since the 70s, and that guy doesn't give two ***** about the rule of law. If "the swamp" beats him, good for the swamp. Maybe he'll quit whining about all that winning.
User avatar
gtn130
Analyst
Posts: 3,297
And1: 2,520
Joined: Mar 18, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#830 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


It's a problem when the President of the US is a frontman for Russian money laundering, won't release his tax returns and won't say a bad word about Putin.


Yeah, I get that Trump is only still in business because he got loans from the Russians that no one else would give him, and he is thus financially compromised by that. The fact that he still owes money to the Russians, who helped him build Trump tower, which he has not separated himself from financially, is enough to accuse him of violating the emoluments clause. Frankly I'm a little confused as to why he is still in office. Why is no one pressing charges? You'd think it would have occurred to someone by now.

I just don't understand the money laundering angle. Laundering of what money exactly? Oil company profits? How is that money laundering?


I imagine it's the same reason why Chinese super-wealthy buy up condos in Vancouver, pay 3x market value and let them sit empty. They want to detangle their money from the government, evade taxes or both.

A few years back, something like 1/3 of Vancouver real estate sales volume was made up of Chinese buyers.
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 8,016
And1: 7,749
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#831 » by Pointgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I mean, I did study the Russian Mafia as the main topic of my Ph.D. thesis in the late nineties. Back then what made them mobsters was fighting over territory (thus murdering a lot of people), but what they were fighting over was the opportunity to provide contract enforcement to legit businesses (mostly banks), since the Russian government didn't inherit a healthy commercial law court from the Soviet Union, commerce being illegal.

The super billionaire mobsters are the ones who manipulated the privatization process to seize billions of dollars of oil and natural gas extraction assets. Yes they are interested in taking that money out of Russia and hiding it in various places, but I've never really been clear as to why the US cares at all about that.

I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


But even if you believe illegal activity is a small part of the Russians income there's no way to trace what the money comes from and what it's used for. Russian mob has been tied up from everything from drug trafficking to human trafficking to illegal arms sales. Not to mention the money laundering covers financial crimes like tax evasion as well. The drug cartels have legitimate businesses as well but there's a good reason that banks don't do business with them. the money laundering issue is a big one or else Mueller it wouldn't be a big focus of Muellers investigation.
cammac
General Manager
Posts: 8,757
And1: 6,216
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
Location: Niagara Peninsula
         

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#832 » by cammac » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


It's a problem when the President of the US is a frontman for Russian money laundering, won't release his tax returns and won't say a bad word about Putin.


Yeah, I get that Trump is only still in business because he got loans from the Russians that no one else would give him, and he is thus financially compromised by that. The fact that he still owes money to the Russians, who helped him build Trump tower, which he has not separated himself from financially, is enough to accuse him of violating the emoluments clause. Frankly I'm a little confused as to why he is still in office. Why is no one pressing charges? You'd think it would have occurred to someone by now.

I just don't understand the money laundering angle. Laundering of what money exactly? Oil company profits? How is that money laundering?

And it is ironic, I mean it is in our best interests to improve our diplomatic relations with Russia, and I actually wholeheartedly agree with a lot of stuff Trump has said about them, hey, they're not the bad guys anymore, wouldn't it save us a lot of money militarily to let them help us out in areas where they have a lot of influence (the Middle East)? If only he hadn't flagrantly used his connections with the Russians to help spread stolen emails strategically during the 2016 elections, improvement of our relations with the Russians would be a huge diplomatic triumph for Trump. He shot himself in the foot. Especially coming out on the campaign trail and openly inviting the Russians to hack HRC's emails. Gatdayum what a stupid thing to do.


Zonker you are missing the point they are the bad guys all you have to do is look at there client States Iran, Syria, North Korea. Plus while they are the largest nation geographically and with 160 million people they have a economy smaller than Canada. The top 1% likely controls well over 60% of the economy and Putin is said to be worth 1 Trillion $$$$. Keeping them from moving the ill gotten gains is a priority. They spend a higher % of GDP on weapons than the USA.
cammac
General Manager
Posts: 8,757
And1: 6,216
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
Location: Niagara Peninsula
         

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#833 » by cammac » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
It's a problem when the President of the US is a frontman for Russian money laundering, won't release his tax returns and won't say a bad word about Putin.


Yeah, I get that Trump is only still in business because he got loans from the Russians that no one else would give him, and he is thus financially compromised by that. The fact that he still owes money to the Russians, who helped him build Trump tower, which he has not separated himself from financially, is enough to accuse him of violating the emoluments clause. Frankly I'm a little confused as to why he is still in office. Why is no one pressing charges? You'd think it would have occurred to someone by now.

I just don't understand the money laundering angle. Laundering of what money exactly? Oil company profits? How is that money laundering?


I imagine it's the same reason why Chinese super-wealthy buy up condos in Vancouver, pay 3x market value and let them sit empty. They want to detangle their money from the government, evade taxes or both.

A few years back, something like 1/3 of Vancouver real estate sales volume was made up of Chinese buyers.


Chinese are still in both the Toronto & Vancouver markets even though both cities and in Toronto's case the Metro Area has put a 15% tax on non residents in purchase of housing.

But in any development a high % of the apartments are empty and are used as investments in China.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 12,673
And1: 4,946
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#834 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I mean, I did study the Russian Mafia as the main topic of my Ph.D. thesis in the late nineties. Back then what made them mobsters was fighting over territory (thus murdering a lot of people), but what they were fighting over was the opportunity to provide contract enforcement to legit businesses (mostly banks), since the Russian government didn't inherit a healthy commercial law court from the Soviet Union, commerce being illegal.

The super billionaire mobsters are the ones who manipulated the privatization process to seize billions of dollars of oil and natural gas extraction assets. Yes they are interested in taking that money out of Russia and hiding it in various places, but I've never really been clear as to why the US cares at all about that.

I'm sure they dabble a little in drugs and human trafficking but the main source of their wealth, from the US perspective, is entirely legit. Kleptocracy is a reprehensible way to run your country but no US laws get broken.


But even if you believe illegal activity is a small part of the Russians income there's no way to trace what the money comes from and what it's used for. Russian mob has been tied up from everything from drug trafficking to human trafficking to illegal arms sales. Not to mention the money laundering covers financial crimes like tax evasion as well. The drug cartels have legitimate businesses as well but there's a good reason that banks don't do business with them. the money laundering issue is a big one or else Mueller it wouldn't be a big focus of Muellers investigation.

I think these are competing versions/definitions of Mafia. Organized crime of the traditional sort--drugs, prostitution, human trafficking, extortion, fraud, etc.--is still big business in Russia and, along with other former Eastern Bloc countries, has had an increased presence around the world. All that traditional crime is still illegal in Russia, along with all manner of other corruption, and authorities employing the FCPA would have latitude to employ laws as written, regardless of a corrupt system that fails to apply the laws fairly. Besides, the line between "legitimate" business and old fashioned crime many be more blurry in Russia than in the US, but to paint them all as having gone "legit" is not true. Some aren't cut out for a 9-5 desk job.

If the goal is to evade US taxes in violation of Federal law, it wouldn't matter what Russian laws apply.
stilldropin20
RealGM
Posts: 11,345
And1: 1,231
Joined: Jul 31, 2002
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#835 » by stilldropin20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 pm

montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:Read this if you care whatsoever about the rule of law and how the process was abused in the FISA warrant process. This is the biggest scandal of our time. It is easily worse than Watergate. And Andrew McCarthy is no hack. He is a former U.S. Attorney. He was actually defending the Obama Administration when this scandal was first coming out.

Read on Twitter

He's been writing against Obama since his election. I was quickly able to find an article of his condemning Obama on this issue from March of last year, and it looks like he has been doing so the entire time. So when was he defending Obama?


, I’m with you 100% on this. I cannot believe my eyes when I read the posts multiple people who are flat out burying their heads in the sand on this. I mean it’s like we have flat earthers here of the FISA courts system. They just don’t want to believe what is clear as daylight and right in front of them.

At this point it’s just made it impossible to converse with these posters So I am strictly conversing with Nate and whichever conservatives pop up from time to time or the liberals that might have an open mind about actual evidence that is right in front of them. So maybe DCkings falls into that category . I actually do wish there was a reverse blocking function to where I could block each every liberal on here from even reading my posts at this point. I do not want to interact with you guys at all in anyway shape or form those of you who have not blocked me please do at this point. I will be blocking each and everyone of you over the next couple of days. I’ve come to understand that there just is no ground to cover here between us. at all. So there is no point in subjecting you guys to my posts nor me to yours.

there is no greater issue in politics at all right now other than the 2016 complete subversion and perversion of our legal and justice system while obtaining these fisa warrants. The surveillance that resulted because of these warrants, and most importantly the attempted subversion and perversion of our election cycle by a political opponent using the existing politicallly appointed justice system.

All of which has resulted in what is nothing more than an attempted coup of our duly elected president of United States.

The fact that the media has been complicit in all of this that the mainstream liberal media has been fully complicit in all of this is almost as disgusting.

There is no greater issue. Nothing else matters until this is solved.

I do not understand how anybody could be concerned about anything else. Other than the military, the entire government should be completely frozen and every single asset of the United States government should be used to completely unravel this entire folly of an election cycle. and I don’t care who’s wrong nor who did what. if Trump colluded I’m ready for a perp walk. but it’s becoming very very very clear that he did not. And everything else it was just a set up by a political opponent.

Shame on them. shame on all of them. and shame on anybody who doesn’t think this is important. Shame on any American thinks this is how you win elections. that any of this is OK. There is no need at all for me to converse with anyone on any level that thinks that any of that is OK. I don’t care to know you in anyway shape or form.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
User avatar
Doug_Blew
Junior
Posts: 266
And1: 184
Joined: Jul 19, 2003
Location: West Side

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#836 » by Doug_Blew » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:Read this if you care whatsoever about the rule of law and how the process was abused in the FISA warrant process. This is the biggest scandal of our time. It is easily worse than Watergate. And Andrew McCarthy is no hack. He is a former U.S. Attorney. He was actually defending the Obama Administration when this scandal was first coming out.

Read on Twitter

He's been writing against Obama since his election. I was quickly able to find an article of his condemning Obama on this issue from March of last year, and it looks like he has been doing so the entire time. So when was he defending Obama?


, I’m with you 100% on this. I cannot believe my eyes when I read the posts multiple people who are flat out burying their heads in the sand on this. I mean it’s like we have flat earthers here of the FISA courts system. They just don’t want to believe what is clear as daylight and right in front of them.

At this point it’s just made it impossible to converse with these posters So I am strictly conversing with Nate and whichever conservatives pop up from time to time or the liberals that might have an open mind about actual evidence that is right in front of them. So maybe DCkings falls into that category . I actually do wish there was a reverse blocking function to where I could block each every liberal on here from even reading my posts at this point. I do not want to interact with you guys at all in anyway shape or form those of you who have not blocked me please do at this point. I will be blocking each and everyone of you over the next couple of days. I’ve come to understand that there just is no ground to cover here between us. at all. So there is no point in subjecting you guys to my posts nor me to yours.

there is no greater issue in politics at all right now other than the 2016 complete subversion and perversion of our legal and justice system while obtaining these fisa warrants. The surveillance that resulted because of these warrants, and most importantly the attempted subversion and perversion of our election cycle by a political opponent using the existing politicallly appointed justice system.

All of which has resulted in what is nothing more than an attempted coup of our duly elected president of United States.

The fact that the media has been complicit in all of this that the mainstream liberal media has been fully complicit in all of this is almost as disgusting.

There is no greater issue. Nothing else matters until this is solved.

I do not understand how anybody could be concerned about anything else. Other than the military, the entire government should be completely frozen and every single asset of the United States government should be used to completely unravel this entire folly of an election cycle. and I don’t care who’s wrong nor who did what. if Trump colluded I’m ready for a perp walk. but it’s becoming very very very clear that he did not. And everything else it was just a set up by a political opponent.

Shame on them. shame on all of them. and shame on anybody who doesn’t think this is important. Shame on any American thinks this is how you win elections. that any of this is OK. There is no need at all for me to converse with anyone on any level that thinks that any of that is OK. I don’t care to know you in anyway shape or form.


This is a HOF post right here. Very enjoyable read!
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 11,564
And1: 5,355
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
Contact:
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#837 » by Wizardspride » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 pm

This is only an 8 second snippet so MAYBE it's taken out of context ...but on first glance...
Read on Twitter
McCabe explains that Trump believed Putin over US intel about NK missiles: "Intel officials [told Trump his position] was not consistent with any of the intel our govt possesses. To which POTUS replied, 'I don't care. I believe Putin.'"
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,285
And1: 5,405
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#838 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 pm

I think you guys are literally insane - not WP.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,511
And1: 3,474
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#839 » by dckingsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I'm not even bothering to respond to memo stuff anymore. It's been so thoroughly debunked that to continue to discuss it just rebroadcasts alt right talking points to people too blinded by their partisanship, or too stupid, to be able to perceive the truth.

I'm still intriqued by the secession idea though. I did some math and if California, Oregon, Washington, New England, New York, and New Jersey secede, that's 34.7% of 2015 tax revenues, while only 29.2% of the population. Just to remind everyone, even though the Republicans spew forth the most hateful anti-social safety net vileness, they are in fact the ones most guilty of sucking at the public teat. I think it would be frankly hilarious to secede and kick off all the Republican parasite states.

Furthermore, we liberal pansies can pursue diplomatic solutions to global crises and leave Texas to fork over the money for military adventurism instead of making us pay for it. I think that might be the awesomest thing of all.

I like it - then at least the next nuclear war would be here :)

Can you imagine the walls?

Of course California wants to split by themselves - so that would really be 4 countries.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 54,329
And1: 8,510
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#840 » by nate33 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:Read this if you care whatsoever about the rule of law and how the process was abused in the FISA warrant process. This is the biggest scandal of our time. It is easily worse than Watergate. And Andrew McCarthy is no hack. He is a former U.S. Attorney. He was actually defending the Obama Administration when this scandal was first coming out.

Read on Twitter

He's been writing against Obama since his election. I was quickly able to find an article of his condemning Obama on this issue from March of last year, and it looks like he has been doing so the entire time. So when was he defending Obama?


, I’m with you 100% on this. I cannot believe my eyes when I read the posts multiple people who are flat out burying their heads in the sand on this. I mean it’s like we have flat earthers here of the FISA courts system. They just don’t want to believe what is clear as daylight and right in front of them.

At this point it’s just made it impossible to converse with these posters So I am strictly conversing with Nate and whichever conservatives pop up from time to time or the liberals that might have an open mind about actual evidence that is right in front of them. So maybe DCkings falls into that category . I actually do wish there was a reverse blocking function to where I could block each every liberal on here from even reading my posts at this point. I do not want to interact with you guys at all in anyway shape or form those of you who have not blocked me please do at this point. I will be blocking each and everyone of you over the next couple of days. I’ve come to understand that there just is no ground to cover here between us. at all. So there is no point in subjecting you guys to my posts nor me to yours.

there is no greater issue in politics at all right now other than the 2016 complete subversion and perversion of our legal and justice system while obtaining these fisa warrants. The surveillance that resulted because of these warrants, and most importantly the attempted subversion and perversion of our election cycle by a political opponent using the existing politicallly appointed justice system.

All of which has resulted in what is nothing more than an attempted coup of our duly elected president of United States.

The fact that the media has been complicit in all of this that the mainstream liberal media has been fully complicit in all of this is almost as disgusting.

There is no greater issue. Nothing else matters until this is solved.

I do not understand how anybody could be concerned about anything else. Other than the military, the entire government should be completely frozen and every single asset of the United States government should be used to completely unravel this entire folly of an election cycle. and I don’t care who’s wrong nor who did what. if Trump colluded I’m ready for a perp walk. but it’s becoming very very very clear that he did not. And everything else it was just a set up by a political opponent.

Shame on them. shame on all of them. and shame on anybody who doesn’t think this is important. Shame on any American thinks this is how you win elections. that any of this is OK. There is no need at all for me to converse with anyone on any level that thinks that any of that is OK. I don’t care to know you in anyway shape or form.

Basically, we no longer have a functional government in the United States. The left never stopped to consider why they lost the election and maybe examine the portions of their platform that alienates so much of America. The democrats are a minority in both houses, in most state legislatures, and the presidency, but they still believe they're in charge and have the moral authority to dictate how things are run. Trump is Literally Hitler. Republicans are evil. Any and every method must be used to stop them. Rules don't matter. Reason doesn't matter. Punch a Nazi!

It's obvious to me that even if it's proven beyond any doubt that the FISA warrant could not have been obtained without the deliberate misrepresentation of a completely unsubstantiated document, they won't care. It doesn't matter what rules are broken because Trump must be destroyed. I don't think they're even bothered by the assassination attempt on a Republican Congressman. They're not bothered that white powder was sent to Donnie Jr.'s wife today. Trump Tower is routinely vandalized. Trump supporters were assaulted violently dozens of times during the campaign. Project Veritas confirmed that this type of activity was organized by operatives supporting Clinton. They don't care.

The news media has gone from heavily slanted left to an absolute propaganda machine for the Democrat party. Every rumor of wrongdoing by Trump is inflated, exaggerated, and assumed to be true. Actual wrongdoing by those against Trump is ignored, hidden or justified. Russia leaking information to Clinton cronies about Trump is believed to be true and justification to impeach Trump. Russia leaking information to Trump cronies about Clinton is clearly treason and justification to impeach Trump. The media was blatantly used by Clinton, Steele and the Deep State to broadcast unproven rumors about nefarious Trump behavior to gin up a special prosecutor. Now that the media knows they were used, they're not even upset about it. It was all for a good cause - the destruction of Orange Hitler!

Return to Washington Wizards