ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Re: Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL 

Post#1181 » by waya » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 am

K P 6 wrote:Dude has not posted ish since he went down. Poor kid.

Damn.. not even snapchat?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#1182 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:16 am

Surgery is being performed by Dr. Nick from The Simpsons

Free Palestine
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#1183 » by Milk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 am

He did like these 2 tweets though, so I guess he’s coping with it ok :D

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1184 » by GEOLINK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am

Good. Maybe this process to recovery will make him focus on the game of basketball.

Dude was too focused on these nasty broads on social media instead of basketball during the season.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#1185 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 am

Well, in another one of those "knowing someone who knows someone" etc etc. Friend knows the doorman who works Knicks team doctor Lisa Callahan, and she knows he's a Knick fan. And apparently, she told him "It's really really bad." I'm not sure what that means. It sounds like it meant the worst possible tear, though I figured once you went from partial to full, there wasn't a difference. Timing is important too, as maybe it was communicated early, and it's reference to "partial tear, get it scraped, out relatively short time" vs "completely torn, it's at least a year", which everyone knows already.

I'm assuming it's the 2nd one.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1186 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 am

Delete that post Buzzard before u turn the board into a frenzy! Lol
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1187 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Delete that post Buzzard before u turn the board into a frenzy! Lol

Lol. Eh, I thought I'd share it, but at the same time, it really sounds like what was already stated.

But figured I'd share it because it echo'd that post by someone by a doctor at Hosp of Special Surgery, who also said "it's bad".

I just take that to mean complete tear instead of partial, but we know that.

Then again, KP isn't that good and not a difference maker to so many of the knowledgeable posters on here, so it doesn't really matter if he comes back or not. Knicks look so much better without him. :D
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1188 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Delete that post Buzzard before u turn the board into a frenzy! Lol

Lol. Eh, I thought I'd share it, but at the same time, it really sounds like what was already stated.

But figured I'd share it because it echo'd that post by someone by a doctor at Hosp of Special Surgery, who also said "it's bad".

Then again, KP isn't that good and not a difference maker to so many of the knowledgeable posters on here, so it doesn't really matter if he comes back or not. Knicks look so much better without him. :D

I’m just hoping while he is out , he is working on his upper body strength at least.

I want him to take the entire year off next year also. (He can come and play the last 5-10 games if he wants )

Tank 2 years. KP comes back , we will also have salary cap space... playoff bound in 2020
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#1189 » by el13adnino » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 pm

He also talked about his energy bars he’ll be distributing during the all star weekend
:crazy:
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1190 » by NYKAL » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm

I always felt this was a year where either direction could benefit us though, there is no doubt the draft will benefit more. If only this organization was smart enough to tank right. Seasons done, sit the vets, play the yougins and let the tank commence.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,139

Post#1191 » by Fat Kat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 pm

el13adnino wrote:He also talked about his energy bars he’ll be distributing during the all star weekend

Do they give you anemia?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1192 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
el13adnino wrote:He also talked about his energy bars he’ll be distributing during the all star weekend

Do they give you anemia?

Whatever they are, they don't work.

Maybe it's a "Lack Of Energy Bar" he's marketing.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1193 » by Greenie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

You’re always taking things from 0-100
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,139

Post#1194 » by Fat Kat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Do they give you anemia?

Whatever they are, they don't work.

Maybe it's a "Lack Of Energy Bar" he's marketing.

Eddy Curry should show up promoting diet pills.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1195 » by Cookies4Life » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Physicians won't speak about patients to random people- let alone doormen- just because they're a fan of the team. There's this little thing called the HIPAA privacy law which won't allow for physicians to speak openly (even generally) about a patient without the patient's consent. I say this from 7 years experience in the field (well, not orthopedics.) I can't even speak to colleagues about a case unless leaving the name of the patient out of the discussion. Anytime a name is mentioned or specifics are discussed, it requires consent - whether verbally or written- by the patient being spoken about.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1196 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:Physicians won't speak about patients to random people- let alone doormen- just because they're a fan of the team. There's this little thing called the HIPAA privacy law which won't allow for physicians to speak openly (even generally) about a patient without the patient's consent. I say this from 7 years experience in the field (well, not orthopedics.) I can't even speak to colleagues about a case unless leaving the name of the patient out of the discussion. Anytime a name is mentioned or specifics are discussed, it requires consent - whether verbally or written- by the patient being spoken about.

Well, it was advertised as she knows he's a big Knicks fan, but that's dubious. I thought the same thing. It wasn't really anything that hadn't been mentioned, so just as likely the guy repeated what he read in a forum, which was my initial thought anyway.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1197 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

True. There's so little of that on here from others. Oh, I guess they stop at 80.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#1198 » by Jstock12 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm

KP has started his pro gamer career.

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1199 » by Greenie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

True. There's so little of that on here from others. Oh, I guess they stop at 80.

Lawd.
Go take a nap Buzz.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,353

Post#1200 » by Grinditout » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm

What other NBA players have suffered the same injury? just for reference

Return to New York Knicks