ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1201 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Josh Jackson in his bag the past month.
Fox has been cooking.
Spida Mitch nothing need to be said.
The game slowed down on Zo the past month before he got hurt.
Tatum super high floor. Craftier than I thought.
Never liked Isaac or Monk.
DSJ has been inconsistent. Reminded me of Bledsoe/Marbury before the draft. Still does. Not as skillful as Star and not the defender Bledsoe is though.
Always liked Bam Bam. Looks like a real player in this league.

just sayin' you seem to be giving guys like jackson, fox, zo a fair shake when they have been super meh this year. Jackson has had a nice bounce back but then he goes 4-18 last night.

Outside of Mitch and Tatum....I haven't been blown away by anyone yet. They have all had there struggles is my point. Not just frank and these are top end lottery picks that were suppose to be more immediate impact guys than Frank was ever suppose to be.

I like a lot of these guys potential but most of the rookies in this class haven't had really strong years.

Playing fantasy has forced myself to watch a lot of rooks more in depth. Everyone I named has been strong this year.

disagree, they have shown flashes...but more inconsistency then consistency for most of them outside mitch and tatum.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1202 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

kane2021 wrote:I hope for the best because we need him to be productive. But I don’t know man. Yes it’s early but usually you’ll see something. It’s kinda alarming to see a player so far behind and timid.

To be honest,... everything anyone has said about this kid has turned out to be bull ****. Being a experienced pro. Playing against “grown men”. Needing a “mentor”. Being athletic. His age. There’s excuses for excuses. I mean I don’t even see the point of it.

I’m not going to pretend to be impressed. Im disappointed thus far. Hopefully he’ll figure some things out over the next couple of years. I’m rooting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I feel exactly the same way

Lord knows I’m as positive and supportive of this team and it’s players as it gets. But frank has been consistently unimpressive this season

Sure, he’s 19. So is Tatum. But fine. Give him a couple of years and he might develop. I sure hope so because right now he doesn’t seem to possess any nba level skills besides a defensive instinct. Which is lovely but not nearly enough
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1203 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm

seren wrote:Everyone seems to see what they want to see. Oh where are the flashes? They have been everywhere. People forget the 4th quarter comebacks with Frank at the point. You forget the six steal game against Cavs at the beginning of the year. You forget the Lakers game when only Frank and KP were making their shots from three and we won with his 13/5/5. You forget his 10/10/7 along with 2 blocks against the Nets and the fact that he came alive pretty much every Nets game. You forget he is almost always one of the top +/- guys at any given night. Heck, you just forget how he looked at 2 spot one game before the last one.

Took the words right out of my mind. Came here to post that.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1204 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Josh Jackson in his bag the past month.
Fox has been cooking.
Spida Mitch nothing need to be said.
The game slowed down on Zo the past month before he got hurt.
Tatum super high floor. Craftier than I thought.
Never liked Isaac or Monk.
DSJ has been inconsistent. Reminded me of Bledsoe/Marbury before the draft. Still does. Not as skillful as Star and not the defender Bledsoe is though.
Always liked Bam Bam. Looks like a real player in this league.

just sayin' you seem to be giving guys like jackson, fox, zo a fair shake when they have been super meh this year. Jackson has had a nice bounce back but then he goes 4-18 last night.

Outside of Mitch and Tatum....I haven't been blown away by anyone yet. They have all had there struggles is my point. Not just frank and these are top end lottery picks that were suppose to be more immediate impact guys than Frank was ever suppose to be.

I like a lot of these guys potential but most of the rookies in this class haven't had really strong years.

Playing fantasy has forced myself to watch a lot of rooks more in depth. Everyone I named has been strong this year.

Frank has better 3p%, assists, ft%, and steals over JJ.

Fox has better ppg than Frank in 7 more mpg. Everything else is pretty much relatively close.

Lonzo has been just ok. Any coincidence they are 8-5 since he went out? Maybe. Not gonna bash Lonzo but he hasn't been as good as advertised.

We've been over DSJ so much that we know by now he's an inefficient PG who shoots a lot. Frank has him tied with steals, better 3p%, ft%, and TO's. He also plays 30mpg and only has two more assists per game on average.

Monk has been a complete trainwreck.

Isaac has been out all season.

Fultz we don't even have to talk about, it's sad and confusing at this point.

Point being, it's not as if this class has been so lights out with Frank lagging behind. Only Mitchell has really been consistent and productive for the entire season. Tatum has dropped off since the new year.

Am I saying Frank is the greatest, obviously not. He needs a ton of work. But it's not like he's lagging so far behind the other drafted players in his class.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#1205 » by Red Vines » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm

We drafted him, we didn't give birth to him, some of you act like we're obligated to raise him as our own or something lol. We need guys who can really play and he's not it.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1206 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Red Vines wrote:We drafted him, we didn't give birth to him, some of you act like we're obligated to raise him as our own or something lol. We need guys who can really play and he's not it.

But Burke is. :-? Like Seren said, people bring up all the lows but refuse to acknowledge the highs. That's not right.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#1207 » by Red Vines » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm

We hired a young intern who isn't cut out for the job, find a new hire, this isn't a charity foundation.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#1208 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Red Vines wrote:We drafted him, we didn't give birth to him, some of you act like we're obligated to raise him as our own or something lol. We need guys who can really play and he's not it.

Here, let's play a game. I'm gonna post rookie stats from four unnamed players. You tell me if they are good:

Player A - 22 years old

10 mpg, 42% fg, 1 rpg, 2.1 apg, .3 stls, 3.3 ppg

Player B - 20 years old

17.5 mpg, 37% fg, 3.1 rpg, 3.2 apg, 1.4 stls, 5.6 ppg

Player C - 18 years old

15.5 mpg, 41% fg, 1.9 rpg, 1.3 apg, .7 stls, 7.6 ppg

Player D - 19 years old

24 mpg, 41% fg, 4.4 rpg, 1.9 apg, .8 stls, 6.8 ppg

Now, compare to:

Frank - 19 years old

20 mpg, 35% fg, 2.1 rpg, 3.2 apg, 1.0 stls, 5.2 ppg

I'll give you a hint about the four guys. They all are or were really, really good at basketball. We aren't competing for anything right now, so no, we don't need Frank to be good at this point. We need him to stay healthy and improve year by year. Not minute by minute as you want.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Post#1209 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm

I have no idea if Frank will turn out the way I project him or the way you project him.

But look at the recent draft classes at the top (lets just take the top 5 for this sake). 19 year olds are getting pick all the time now and for a majority of them it takes time.

2017 draft:
fultz - injuries/struggles
ball - injuries/struggles
tatum - good
jackson - inconsistent/shows flashes but overall struggles
fox - flashes/but overall inconsistent

all teenagers

2016 draft:
Simmons - red shirted injury his first year (great leap second year)
Ingram - super meh rookie year, great strides his second year
Jaylen Brown - super meh rookie year (a majority of the site wouldn't even have traded Melo for him last year :lol: ) Now look
Dragen Bender - pretty horrible rookie year and not so great in his second year either (some flashes this year shooting but thats about it)
Kris Dunn - Horrible Rookie year, was atrocious (huge strides second year)

2015 draft:

Towns - big time player
Russel - meh so far
OK4 - huge bust so far
KP - big time player
Mario - has been a dissapointment

look at all the young players...even the ones that are really good took some time
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1210 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm

It just seems like the lows far outweigh the highs.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#1211 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:It just seems like the lows far outweigh the highs.

This is really not that uncommon for a 19 year old rookie.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1212 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

shtolky wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:It just seems like the lows far outweigh the highs.

This is really not that uncommon for a 19 year old rookie.

Who is...learning a new game, new role, new system, new country, etc.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#1213 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Most of these people are gonna be on Frank's d*ck next year.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1214 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

I have no idea if Frank will turn out the way I project him or the way you project him.

But look at the recent draft classes at the top (lets just take the top 5 for this sake). 19 year olds are getting pick all the time now and for a majority of them it takes time.

2017 draft:
fultz - injuries/struggles
ball - injuries/struggles
tatum - good
jackson - inconsistent/shows flashes but overall struggles
fox - flashes/but overall inconsistent

all teenagers

2016 draft:
Simmons - red shirted injury his first year (great leap second year)
Ingram - super meh rookie year, great strides his second year
Jaylen Brown - super meh rookie year (a majority of the site wouldn't even have traded Melo for him last year :lol: ) Now look
Dragen Bender - pretty horrible rookie year and not so great in his second year either (some flashes this year shooting but thats about it)
Kris Dunn - Horrible Rookie year, was atrocious (huge strides second year)

2015 draft:

Towns - big time player
Russel - meh so far
OK4 - huge bust so far
KP - big time player
Mario - has been a dissapointment

look at all the young players...even the ones that are really good took some time

I brought this gif out the stash for you MPH.

SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#1215 » by SH0KASE » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm

the thing that concerns me is you can't teach speed and aggressiveness.
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#1216 » by Red Vines » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Frank plays defense like his older brothers are trying to get his Friends dvds, like "oh no, you're not getting by moi so easily" instead of "I'm locking your ass down and making your life miserable" defense. Great defenders have a savage mentality just like great offensive players.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#1217 » by Phish Tank » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

SH0KASE wrote:the thing that concerns me is you can't teach speed and aggressiveness.

yes and you can't teach Basketball IQ, which actually helps you win championships in the long haul.

JR Smith had all the speed in the world but had marbles for brain cells. And you wonder why he wasn't great.

Stephon Marbury had the speed and aggressiveness. What happened?

Tracy McGrady had the speed and aggressiveness. Yet Tim Duncan and Vince Carter ended up being in the NBA longer than him.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#1218 » by vallen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
SH0KASE wrote:the thing that concerns me is you can't teach speed and aggressiveness.

yes and you can't teach Basketball IQ, which actually helps you win championships in the long haul.

JR Smith had all the speed in the world but had marbles for brain cells. And you wonder why he wasn't great.

Stephon Marbury had the speed and aggressiveness. What happened?

Tracy McGrady had the speed and aggressiveness. Yet Tim Duncan and Vince Carter ended up being in the NBA longer than him.

i dont think anyone wonders why JR Smith wasnt great.

McGrady made the allstar team 7 times. Marbury 2 times. Herb Williams played a long time too. whats is your point here ?
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1219 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Red Vines wrote:Frank plays defense like his older brothers are trying to get his Friends dvds, like "oh no, you're not getting by moi so easily" instead of "I'm locking your ass down and making your life miserable" defense. Great defenders have a savage mentality just like great offensive players.

Who cares "how" he plays defense, as long as he plays it at a high level? That's one of the dumbest complaints I've ever seen.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1220 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:Most of these people are gonna be on Frank's d*ck next year.

Those that aren't will still be complaining about Burke's lack of minutes. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks