ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1221 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Red Vines wrote:Frank plays defense like his older brothers are trying to get his Friends dvds, like "oh no, you're not getting by moi so easily" instead of "I'm locking your ass down and making your life miserable" defense. Great defenders have a savage mentality just like great offensive players.

How does Burke Play Defense? :o
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1222 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Frank plays defense like his older brothers are trying to get his Friends dvds, like "oh no, you're not getting by moi so easily" instead of "I'm locking your ass down and making your life miserable" defense. Great defenders have a savage mentality just like great offensive players.

How does Burke Play Defense? :o

The same way Kanter does. :lol:

I had to.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#1223 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Who cares "how" he plays defense, as long as he plays it at a high level? That's one of the dumbest complaints I've ever seen.

He's crossing over. I feel we have lost a good one. I think it was the pressure of all of the thread titles while watching the team spiral out of control. Like a frazzled air traffic controller I think he's broken. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,052

Post#1224 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:55 pm

frank will lead us to Ayton and Romeo Langford
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1225 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:I was not a fan of Ntilikina but I didn't expect him to be this bad. He's so unskilled and he doesn't make it up with a high motor or IQ.

I think his IQ is not bad, other than making some lazy passes at times. His motor is fine, he's hitting a rookie wall. For all the "he played in a pro league", he wasn't logging a lot of minutes. He was always going to be a project and things like his former role were a part of that, along with his age. However, it's valid whether the Knicks should have invested the number 8 pick in a project.

On the one hand, it was pretty obvious even before the season started the team was this season and at least another, if not two seasons more away from being any good. So, that would mean time for Frank to develop. On the other hand, a team that is so untalented it needs almost 3 years to get better maybe shouldn't be drafting projects.

Oh well. At least now we get to watch Mudiay and his Calderon\Rose level defense at PG, even though he's young, has 3 NBA seasons and should be able to be an energetic defender, but he isn't. Maybe Perry has an eye for vet talent but not young talent

I don't expect Ntilikina to play like TJ McConnell hard but he needs to play with more energy. He has that Charles Smith low energy I don't give a **** attitude most of the time.

As bad as Ntilikina has been, you can't give up on him at least until the end of next season.

Not a fan of Mudiay at all. Burke is still the best PG overall on the roster.

Charles Smith was fouled multiple times........oh snap i had a flashback.

T.Burke is by far the best PG on our team right now.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,206

Post#1226 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:frank will lead us to Ayton and Romeo Langford

are those the hot picks of the week? :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1227 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

i been riding with these guys for a long time homie :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1228 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

just giving you a hard time...I assume your off the troy brown train now that we pretty much are a lock for a top 8 pick...

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1229 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

just giving you a hard time...I assume your off the troy brown train now that we pretty much are a lock for a top 8 pick...

im still riding with troy but im starting to open up my options to ayton, doncic, etc. looks like our tank is forreal.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1230 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:17 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
kane2021 wrote:I hope for the best because we need him to be productive. But I don’t know man. Yes it’s early but usually you’ll see something. It’s kinda alarming to see a player so far behind and timid.

To be honest,... everything anyone has said about this kid has turned out to be bull ****. Being a experienced pro. Playing against “grown men”. Needing a “mentor”. Being athletic. His age. There’s excuses for excuses. I mean I don’t even see the point of it.

I’m not going to pretend to be impressed. Im disappointed thus far. Hopefully he’ll figure some things out over the next couple of years. I’m rooting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I feel exactly the same way

Lord knows I’m as positive and supportive of this team and it’s players as it gets. But frank has been consistently unimpressive this season

Sure, he’s 19. So is Tatum. But fine. Give him a couple of years and he might develop. I sure hope so because right now he doesn’t seem to possess any nba level skills besides a defensive instinct. Which is lovely but not nearly enough

Yeah i agree with both of you as well. I get that he's young, i get that he's never played our style basketball in the states and i get with time he should get better but as kane said, we're usually able to see something from these kids to think that there's a good/great player in that kid but i just don't see it, or haven't seen anything yet from him to say he's gonna be worth the 8th pick in the draft. We might get a 3-D player out of him playing from the 2 spot but that's not worth the 8th pick.

There's a strong chance that this is another setback for the Knicks blowing another high pick that could of been used on someone that could be a big help in this rebuild but if he doesn't pan out then just another setback in this rebuild we're in.

If i could get a nice return for trading him right now i would do it in a heartbeat and if he turned into a good player down the road for another team then i'd eat crow but i don't see it.

I sure as hell hope i'm wrong on this kid because i was all about him when we first drafted him and up until a few weeks into the season, actually i had D.Mitchell as my guy but was still good with the Frank pick.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1231 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:We drafted him, we didn't give birth to him, some of you act like we're obligated to raise him as our own or something lol. We need guys who can really play and he's not it.

But Burke is. :-? Like Seren said, people bring up all the lows but refuse to acknowledge the highs. That's not right.

Kinda like how certain people do with Kanter and Burke.....Hmmmmmmmm. :wavefinger:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1232 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:We drafted him, we didn't give birth to him, some of you act like we're obligated to raise him as our own or something lol. We need guys who can really play and he's not it.

But Burke is. :-? Like Seren said, people bring up all the lows but refuse to acknowledge the highs. That's not right.

Kinda like how certain people do with Kanter and Burke.....Hmmmmmmmm. :wavefinger:

One is a rookie and the others are veteran players.....Hmmmmmmmm. :wavefinger:
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1233 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
kane2021 wrote:I hope for the best because we need him to be productive. But I don’t know man. Yes it’s early but usually you’ll see something. It’s kinda alarming to see a player so far behind and timid.

To be honest,... everything anyone has said about this kid has turned out to be bull ****. Being a experienced pro. Playing against “grown men”. Needing a “mentor”. Being athletic. His age. There’s excuses for excuses. I mean I don’t even see the point of it.

I’m not going to pretend to be impressed. Im disappointed thus far. Hopefully he’ll figure some things out over the next couple of years. I’m rooting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I feel exactly the same way

Lord knows I’m as positive and supportive of this team and it’s players as it gets. But frank has been consistently unimpressive this season

Sure, he’s 19. So is Tatum. But fine. Give him a couple of years and he might develop. I sure hope so because right now he doesn’t seem to possess any nba level skills besides a defensive instinct. Which is lovely but not nearly enough

Yeah i agree with both of you as well. I get that he's young, i get that he's never played our style basketball in the states and i get with time he should get better but as kane said, we're usually able to see something from these kids to think that there's a good/great player in that kid but i just don't see it, or haven't seen anything yet from him to say he's gonna be worth the 8th pick in the draft. We might get a 3-D player out of him playing from the 2 spot but that's not worth the 8th pick.

There's a strong chance that this is another setback for the Knicks blowing another high pick that could of been used on someone that could be a big help in this rebuild but if he doesn't pan out then just another setback in this rebuild we're in.

If i could get a nice return for trading him right now i would do it in a heartbeat and if he turned into a good player down the road for another team then i'd eat crow but i don't see it.

I sure as hell hope i'm wrong on this kid because i was all about him when we first drafted him and up until a few weeks into the season, actually i had D.Mitchell as my guy but was still good with the Frank pick.

Who else other than Mitchell would you have taken over Frank at 8? Mitchell is complete hindsight for both fans and teams. If anyone saw that Mitchell would play this way, he'd have gone near the top. Look at the other lotto players taken after Frank. DSJ, Monk, Zach Collins, Kennard, Adebayo...Given those names you can't possibly say it's looking like we blew the 8th pick.

Also, it's really not a good idea to give up on a player 55 games into his rookie season.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1234 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Ayton is what we need to start at center for us.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1235 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:But Burke is. :-? Like Seren said, people bring up all the lows but refuse to acknowledge the highs. That's not right.

But your comment was about how people only bring up the lows of a player but never acknowledge the highs which is exactly what's done from some people about Kanter and Burke. Is that right or wrong? I don't care about how old any of them are.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1236 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

disagree in terms of fit next to KP, would much rather prefer Bagley or JJJ

my top 5 at the moment is

Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, then Ayton.

if were outside of the top 5 I would target Bridges

ROSTER

newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1237 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm

shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I feel exactly the same way

Who else other than Mitchell would you have taken over Frank at 8? Mitchell is complete hindsight for both fans and teams. If anyone saw that Mitchell would play this way, he'd have gone near the top. Look at the other lotto players taken after Frank. DSJ, Monk, Zach Collins, Kennard, Adebayo...Given those names you can't possibly say it's looking like we blew the 8th pick.

Also, it's really not a good idea to give up on a player 55 games into his rookie season.

Only Mitchell. I wasn't a DSJ fan but if i had to make that decision between DSJ and Frank now i would definitely give it thought. I never said i thought D.Mitch would be this good so hindsight goes out the window for me when talking about him, but i still liked him more than Frank and DSJ a month before the draft even got here. I would take Adebayo after seeing him play and there's others that were drafted after Frank that i'd take over him now going off of hindsight.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1238 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

But your comment was about how people only bring up the lows of a player but never acknowledge the highs which is exactly what's done from some people about Kanter and Burke. Is that right or wrong? I don't care about how old any of them are.

I've never knot acknowledged what they do well. I've always said Kanter is a paint scorer who rebounds and Burke is what he is. Not sure why it seems like you're trying to attack me when you're dead wrong, but I'd like it to stop. It's wrong for anyone to only see one side - I've never said otherwise. Are we done?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1239 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

disagree in terms of fit next to KP, would much rather prefer Bagley or JJJ

my top 5 at the moment is

Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, then Ayton.

if were outside of the top 5 I would target Bridges

The idea of Ayton as "what we need to start at center" is laughable. Going right off the bat to say that. I have him in my 3rd tier at the moment, below Bags / Doncic in tier 1 and Bamba in 2 (Mikal is in tier 2.5). JJJ is outside the top 6 because I don't trust that shot at all.

Bags/Doncic
Bamba
(2.5) Mikal
Miles/Ayton

Ayton is the exact type of big we don't need next to KP.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1240 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Only Mitchell. I wasn't a DSJ fan but if i had to make that decision between DSJ and Frank now i would definitely give it thought. I never said i thought D.Mitch would be this good so hindsight goes out the window for me when talking about him, but i still liked him more than Frank and DSJ a month before the draft even got here.

Right, so how did we blow the Frank pick? It's not as if passing up on Mitchell was seen as anything negative on draft night or even into the summer. Not drafting Mitchell is all hindsight because people only regret not taking him after he started balling. Given the players taken directly below Frank, we didn't blow anything yet. Plus, it's way too soon to say any pick is a bust or a wasted pick.

Return to New York Knicks