ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Re: Let's stop and get a FrankfROOTER - Franktalk #3 

Post#1241 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
are those the hot picks of the week? :lol:

Ayton is what we need to start at center for us.

disagree in terms of fit next to KP, would much rather prefer Bagley or JJJ

my top 5 at the moment is

Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, then Ayton.

if were outside of the top 5 I would target Bridges

I have a feeling you're one of the guys that want KP to be our starting center which if true is why we differ on Ayton. I think KP needs to stay our starting PF which is why i'd take Ayton, but if KP is gonna be our starting center when he comes back or close to it then yes i'd have Bagley and Doncic above Ayton.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#1242 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I honestly think he would benefit from playing in the g-league more than whatever they're doing to him now. Mike Miller could probably develop him better than Hornacek

I agree with this. But they need to make it clear G-League is for him to be the man on offense. Otherwise the media pressure of a Knicks lotto pick getting sent to the G-League will crush him. He's already too scared on the court.

Agree with both. It would have been a place to work on something specific - like dominating :-D It may be too late in the game now to send him down.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1243 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:Most of these people are gonna be on Frank's d*ck next year.

Don't worry. There's a list.
BAF Clippers

newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1244 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:One is a rookie and the others are veteran players.....Hmmmmmmmm. :wavefinger:

But your comment was about how people only bring up the lows of a player but never acknowledge the highs which is exactly what's done from some people about Kanter and Burke. Is that right or wrong? I don't care about how old any of them are.

I've never knot acknowledged what they do well. I've always said Kanter is a paint scorer who rebounds and Burke is what he is. Not sure why it seems like you're trying to attack me when you're dead wrong, but I'd like it to stop. It's wrong for anyone to only see one side - I've never said otherwise. Are we done?

Why is it i can't debate with you about anything i disagree with that you said without getting threatened to get banned/suspended, which you did to me a while back or without you getting angry and imply how it wouldn't be good for me to say anything else about this disagreement?? I get that you're a mod but aren't we all fans and aren't forums about fans having disagreements and debating them on here? You got mad when we had that debate about when i was saying R.Hood was a better player then D.McDermott and you were saying they're the same player and you implied for me to stop talking about it which i did.

I got no problem respecting you but maybe i'm not sure how message boards work is what the problem is.

My bad.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1245 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Red Vines wrote:We hired a young intern who isn't cut out for the job, find a new hire, this isn't a charity foundation.

No. We made a significant investment where we were specifically told it was unlikely to have an initial payout and, if a payout did occur, it would begin around Year 3. Now we're looking to drop it 2/3 of the way through Year 1 for some pink sheet pie in the sky.
BAF Clippers

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,216

Post#1246 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I honestly think he would benefit from playing in the g-league more than whatever they're doing to him now. Mike Miller could probably develop him better than Hornacek

I agree with this. But they need to make it clear G-League is for him to be the man on offense. Otherwise the media pressure of a Knicks lotto pick getting sent to the G-League will crush him. He's already too scared on the court.

Agree with both. It would have been a place to work on something specific - like dominating :-D It may be too late in the game now for that.

Timmy was sent down in his 2nd year. It's never too late. Burke was just called up after 3 years in the NBA and having to go there himself.

I guess you could argue that he can get developed here at this point in the season but, not with Jeff worried about wins IMO.

Send him down for a couple weeks. Let him work on things. Play Mud/Burke for major evaluation. When Frank looks a little better...bring him back up and play him with the better option you just evaluated. Or just play all 3 the last month and a half. There is nothing to lose either way though.
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1247 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I agree with this. But they need to make it clear G-League is for him to be the man on offense. Otherwise the media pressure of a Knicks lotto pick getting sent to the G-League will crush him. He's already too scared on the court.

Agree with both. It would have been a place to work on something specific - like dominating :-D It may be too late in the game now for that.

Timmy was sent down in his 2nd year. It's never too late. Burke was just called up after 3 years in the NBA and having to go there himself.

I guess you could argue that he can get developed here at this point in the season but, not with Jeff worried about wins IMO.

Send him down for a couple weeks. Let him work on things. Play Mud/Burke for major evaluation. When Frank looks a little better...bring him back up and play him with the better option you just evaluated. Or just play all 3 the last month and a half. There is nothing to lose either way though.

This is true. I think the optics/pressure would be better starting him there next year though. If you don't care about optics, do it now.
BAF Clippers

Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#1248 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Da_Mane_Man wrote:Most of these people are gonna be on Frank's d*ck next year.

Don't worry. There's a list.

Nice!
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1249 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:

Who else other than Mitchell would you have taken over Frank at 8? Mitchell is complete hindsight for both fans and teams. If anyone saw that Mitchell would play this way, he'd have gone near the top. Look at the other lotto players taken after Frank. DSJ, Monk, Zach Collins, Kennard, Adebayo...Given those names you can't possibly say it's looking like we blew the 8th pick.

Also, it's really not a good idea to give up on a player 55 games into his rookie season.

Only Mitchell. I wasn't a DSJ fan but if i had to make that decision between DSJ and Frank now i would definitely give it thought. I never said i thought D.Mitch would be this good so hindsight goes out the window for me when talking about him, but i still liked him more than Frank and DSJ a month before the draft even got here.

Right, so how did we blow the Frank pick? It's not as if passing up on Mitchell was seen as anything negative on draft night or even into the summer. Not drafting Mitchell is all hindsight because people only regret not taking him after he started balling. Given the players taken directly below Frank, we didn't blow anything yet. Plus, it's way too soon to say any pick is a bust or a wasted pick.

Well first of all what i said was that there's a CHANCE that we blew the pick if Frank doesn't pan out and didn't say we DID blow the pick.

If B.Adebayo, D.Mitchell, J.Collins, K.Kuzma, L.Markkanan and any other players end up good/great players or better than Frank then doesn't that mean we blew it when we could of had L.Markkanan or D.Mitchell or one of the others?? I think it does.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1250 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

But your comment was about how people only bring up the lows of a player but never acknowledge the highs which is exactly what's done from some people about Kanter and Burke. Is that right or wrong? I don't care about how old any of them are.

I've never knot acknowledged what they do well. I've always said Kanter is a paint scorer who rebounds and Burke is what he is. Not sure why it seems like you're trying to attack me when you're dead wrong, but I'd like it to stop. It's wrong for anyone to only see one side - I've never said otherwise. Are we done?

Why is it i can't debate with you about anything i disagree with that you said without getting threatened to get banned/suspended, which you did to me a while back or without you getting angry and imply how it wouldn't be good for me to say anything else about this disagreement?? I get that you're a mod but aren't we all fans and aren't forums about fans having disagreements and debating them on here? You got mad when we had that debate about when i was saying R.Hood was a better player then D.McDermott and you were saying they're the same player and you implied for me to stop talking about it which i did.

I got no problem respecting you but maybe i'm not sure how message boards work is what the problem is.

My bad.

? I'm not threatening you, man. I just don't appreciate it when people try to use my words wrongly against me.

Enjoy your day.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1251 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Only Mitchell. I wasn't a DSJ fan but if i had to make that decision between DSJ and Frank now i would definitely give it thought. I never said i thought D.Mitch would be this good so hindsight goes out the window for me when talking about him, but i still liked him more than Frank and DSJ a month before the draft even got here.

Right, so how did we blow the Frank pick? It's not as if passing up on Mitchell was seen as anything negative on draft night or even into the summer. Not drafting Mitchell is all hindsight because people only regret not taking him after he started balling. Given the players taken directly below Frank, we didn't blow anything yet. Plus, it's way too soon to say any pick is a bust or a wasted pick.

Well first of all what i said was that there's a CHANCE that we blew the pick if Frank doesn't pan out and didn't say we DID blow the pick.

If B.Adebayo, D.Mitchell, J.Collins, K.Kuzma, L.Markkanan and any other players end up good/great players or better than Frank then doesn't that mean we blew it when we could of had L.Markkanan or D.Mitchell or one of the others?? I think it does.

lauri went before frank.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1252 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Markkanen was taken 7th, before Frank.

And I don't agree with you that we would have blown it if someone taken after Frank ended up the better player. Maybe it's semantics, but to me, you blow a pick if the player taken directly after or right after ends up much much better than the player we ended up picking. Johnny Flynn over Curry is blowing the pick. Thabeet over Harden, blowing the pick. Artest over Fredric Weis is blowing the pick. If Kuzma becomes so much better than Frank, did every single NBA team blow it? If Mitchell becomes an all nba player and Frank is just a 3/D guy, I see it as a prime example of the draft being an inexact science. When I see Oden over Durant, I see a blown pick because I felt at the time Durant was about as can't miss as you can get and Oden looked like he was 100 years old.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1253 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

My bad.

? I'm not threatening you, man. I just don't appreciate it when people try to use my words wrongly against me.

Enjoy your day.

I mean i'm at work so hard to really enjoy my day but it's going alright so far. :wink:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1254 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Frank plays defense like his older brothers are trying to get his Friends dvds, like "oh no, you're not getting by moi so easily" instead of "I'm locking your ass down and making your life miserable" defense. Great defenders have a savage mentality just like great offensive players.

Who cares "how" he plays defense, as long as he plays it at a high level? That's one of the dumbest complaints I've ever seen.

He's crossing over. I feel we have lost a good one. I think it was the pressure of all of the thread titles while watching the team spiral out of control. Like a frazzled air traffic controller I think he's broken. :lol:

red vines is cooked. needs therapy to get out of the frank asylum.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,207

Post#1255 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Ayton is what we need to start at center for us.

disagree in terms of fit next to KP, would much rather prefer Bagley or JJJ

my top 5 at the moment is

Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, then Ayton.

if were outside of the top 5 I would target Bridges

The idea of Ayton as "what we need to start at center" is laughable. Going right off the bat to say that. I have him in my 3rd tier at the moment, below Bags / Doncic in tier 1 and Bamba in 2 (Mikal is in tier 2.5). JJJ is outside the top 6 because I don't trust that shot at all.

Bags/Doncic
Bamba
(2.5) Mikal
Miles/Ayton

Ayton is the exact type of big we don't need next to KP.

the shot is ugly but it goes in. And him impact in other areas is amazing. Maybe he can get by like Shawn Marion did...I just like the fact he can guard the perimeter but I am super tantalized by Bamba too. But that means KP sticks at the 4...which I guess he would like :lol:

Bamba and JJJ are interchangeable to me...I guess fit wise would just give the ever so slight edge to him over Bamba because I would like KP to transition to the 5 especially after the injury.

But the wingspan and length would be nuts for either.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1256 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:

lauri went before frank.

That's right. Well there's still plenty of other players taken later then 8 that are looking like they're gonna be better than Frank as of now so you guys get what i'm saying.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1257 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm

shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:

And I don't agree with you that we would have blown it if someone taken after Frank ended up the better player. Maybe it's semantics, but to me, you blow a pick if the player taken directly after or right after ends up much much better than the player we ended up picking. Johnny Flynn over Curry is blowing the pick. Thabeet over Harden, blowing the pick. Artest over Fredric Weis is blowing the pick. If Kuzma becomes so much better than Frank, did every single NBA team blow it? If Mitchell becomes an all nba player and Frank is just a 3/D guy, I see it as a prime example of the draft being an inexact science. When I see Oden over Durant, I see a blown pick because I felt at the time Durant was about as can't miss as you can get and Oden looked like he was 100 years old.

No biggie, we just disagree on it is all. I believe there were another 4-5-6 players taken after Frank that were in some way talked about as players that could get drafted around the 8 pick or around the end of the lottery that if they end up good/great and Frank ends up at best a 3-D player then i look at it as us blowing it especially with D.Mitchell. Hey man i hope to hell i'm wrong about Frank cause i've always been one of the more optimistic fans when it comes to any player wearing the jersey of my favorite team but i'm very nervous with what i've seen so far from Frank.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1258 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:00 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

lauri went before frank.

That's right. Well there's still plenty of other players taken later then 8 that are looking like they're gonna be better than Frank as of now so you guys get what i'm saying.

i guess. only time will tell. why we so quick to judge? it doesn't happen the same way for every player.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1259 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
shtolky wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No biggie, we just disagree on it is all. I believe there were another 4-5-6 players taken after Frank that were in some way talked about as players that could get drafted around the 8 pick or around the end of the lottery that if they end up good/great and Frank ends up at best a 3-D player then i look at it as us blowing it especially with D.Mitchell. Hey man i hope to hell i'm wrong about Frank cause i've always been one of the more optimistic fans when it comes to any player wearing the jersey of my favorite team but i'm very nervous with what i've seen so far from Frank.

Yup, no harm in disagreement. I honestly wouldn't deal Frank for anyone taken after him (taking out Mitchell obviously). It's still way way way too early to pass judgment on him and I've seen enough flashes to want to see him get better and better. I've seen too many 19-20 year olds struggle and then become good NBA players. Honestly I'm not worried about his game at all.
OpiumDose
Sophomore
And1: 228

Post#1260 » by OpiumDose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 pm

With TS% of 42.5% Frank Ntilikina ranks 231st out of 231 players in the league (players with mpg > 20 ranked).

Return to New York Knicks