ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Tanks Trust The Process

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Re: PG Thread: Tanks Trust The Process 

Post#501 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:There's no reason for KP to sit out the whole year next year. That's not how ACL's work. He needs to get back to trusting his knee. Getting more "rest" won't heal him any better in this case.

This. Zero reason to sit him. Playing is part of the rehab. If it's 12 months which would probably be the back end of any range, you play him after the break. Sitting him does nothing.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#502 » by whocares1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

He should've been playing with a minutes restriction to begin with, but that's what they'll do now.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#503 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm

The Knicks NEED to use the SAME playing time table that the Sixers used with Embiid. They had him at 28-30 min per game and now, starting to bump it up a little. NO BACK TO BACKS.

Clyde and Michael Wilbon on PTI said this, you gotta give young guys time to grow into those bodies. You don't just throw them to the meat grinder or you get a Ralph Sampson, a guy who was DONE in 6 seasons.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#504 » by Context » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm

shtolky wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:There's no reason for KP to sit out the whole year next year. That's not how ACL's work. He needs to get back to trusting his knee. Getting more "rest" won't heal him any better in this case.

This. Zero reason to sit him. Playing is part of the rehab. If it's 12 months which would probably be the back end of any range, you play him after the break. Sitting him does nothing.

I'm sorry but with all due respect to you and knicksfan1992 none of you know what you're talking about. While you need to
play as part of your rehab at the CORRECT POINT- the mistake that many professional athletes make is that the connecting ligaments and tendons need TIME to attain the strength to be able to handle the load of increased training and stress...

It could take up to 3 years depending on the athletes current physical state.

I cant believe some of you are in such a rush for KP to come back. Haven't any of you learned your lesson?
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#505 » by BKlutch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:jeff really does bring out the worst from everyone on this roster. oof

1)Frank, Tim and Kp play well together don’t play together ever again

2)KP excellent off of screens and dives to the hoop. Jeff hardly runs those plays.

3) Mudiay and Frank play well together. Finds a way to make them play minutes separately.

4) Willy makes rookie all nba. He gets traded and Kornet and Hicks sees the floor more than Willy all year.

5) Dotson goes off against Houston.(sick cross over and made shots). Doesn’t see the floor the next game.

6) Plays Kanter and Beasley together. Like how is that put them both in position to succeed?

7) Noah helps us win a game in NO then he doesn’t play since literally lmao.

DUDE IS A CLOWN!

worst coach in the league by FAR

3TH, this has given me a great idea. Similar to how we have PER for players, we need a statistical rating for coaches and management: FAR. So if Horny is the worst coach by FAR, we have actual proof of this.

What is FAR?
Fuqing Actual Rating

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#506 » by vallen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Context wrote:
shtolky wrote:

I'm sorry but with all due respect to you and knicksfan1992 none of you know what you're talking about. While you need to
play as part of your rehab at the CORRECT POINT- the mistake that many professional athletes make is that the connecting ligaments and tendons need TIME to attain the strength to be able to handle the load of increased training and stress...

I cant believe some of you are in such a rush for KP to come back. Haven't any of you learned your lesson?

not to mention by the time he is getting ready to come back, we will most undoubtedly be eliminated from any kind of playoff race.

so yes theres 2 huge reasons to continue to sit him

1. so hes 100% for the start of the following season

2. to secure the best lottery spot we can.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#507 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Context wrote:
shtolky wrote:

When almost all rehabs show a 12 month timetable as the max, how is playing him after 12 months rushing him back? Did I say I wanted him playing after 9 months?

Dr. Laith M. Jazrawi, chief of sports medicine at NYU’s Langone Medical Center, said it’s “not unreasonable” Porzingis could be back in seven months but believes the Knicks will be more conservative to give the quadriceps muscles extra time to strengthen and prevent a recurrence.

“If next year is not the year to be the champs, they’ll want him 110 percent before he’s back to playing, and there’s also a lot of mental stuff,” Dr. Jazrawi told The Post. “The Knicks may not feel it’s worth it. It gives him a longer time to develop more muscle tone to protect him in the future. In that sense, there’s no rush to get back in seven months — nine to 10 months is better. Sometimes it’s physician-specific, and they like to have more graft maturity.”

Taking 12 months — as done by Jabari Parker — would seem unnecessary if Porzingis passes quad-strength tests, according to Jazrawi.

“Anything more than a year, they’re not hitting their time marks,’’ Jazrawi said. “Jabari’s was revision surgery, which tends to delay them longer.”
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#508 » by Sark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm

KP should be getting the kind of minutes Frank gets this year, when he gets back.
Context
RealGM

Post#509 » by Context » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 pm

vallen wrote:
Context wrote:
shtolky wrote:

not to mention by the time he is getting ready to come back, we will most undoubtedly be eliminated from any kind of playoff race.

Exactly... Boy do I wish i was the owner of this team.

1. I would instruct the FO to prepare for draft day and extract as much value from the current roster as possible.

2. Upon completion of all such trades I would address the fans via a press conference.

3. In my statement I would discuss how much we value KP and the importance of not rushing his rehab. I would
explain that due to the financial landscape of salaries and the salary cap in context with KP's injury- we will have to
restart our player and financial structure. I would do my best to word it in a way that a 12 year old could understand it.
And finally, I would explain to the fans that I am making this hard decision because I want to bring this organization to winning a championship and maintaining a winning culture- and finally asking for every knick fans support through this process...etc...etc...
Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Post#510 » by Context » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 pm

shtolky wrote:
Context wrote:
shtolky wrote:

When almost all rehabs show a 12 month timetable as the max, how is playing him after 12 months rushing him back? Did I say I wanted him playing after 9 months?

Dr. Laith M. Jazrawi, chief of sports medicine at NYU’s Langone Medical Center, said it’s “not unreasonable” Porzingis could be back in seven months but believes the Knicks will be more conservative to give the quadriceps muscles extra time to strengthen and prevent a recurrence.

“If next year is not the year to be the champs, they’ll want him 110 percent before he’s back to playing, and there’s also a lot of mental stuff,” Dr. Jazrawi told The Post. “The Knicks may not feel it’s worth it. It gives him a longer time to develop more muscle tone to protect him in the future. In that sense, there’s no rush to get back in seven months — nine to 10 months is better. Sometimes it’s physician-specific, and they like to have more graft maturity.”

Taking 12 months — as done by Jabari Parker — would seem unnecessary if Porzingis passes quad-strength tests, according to Jazrawi.

“Anything more than a year, they’re not hitting their time marks,’’ Jazrawi said. “Jabari’s was revision surgery, which tends to delay them longer.”

KP playing or coming back should be the last thing on any knick fans mind- thats the point...The discussion should be what can he do to come back stronger than ever. It's the tone that rubbed me the wrong way...
Spoiler:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#511 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 pm

2010 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
As if what our coach says is law. The coach has made it his business to talk out both sides of his mouth all year. His word is def not bond.

I like Dotson. I like Burke as a 3rd string PG for instant offense and change of pace. I still fux wit Hardaway no matter how unpopular that'll sound...he just in a bad tailspin but he'll be fine. Before his injury the whole forum jumped back on his nuts after his slow start saying how if you removed his 1st four games he was having an all-star consideration season. Then his injury happened. I like Beasley (if he stays cheap) as an instant offense F off the bench and spot starter.

But it don't matter who else I like/dislike. Frank is ass and is hardly showing any flashes that gives me hope he gonna get his schit together anytime this season, or maybe ever.

did the excuses police just give tim hardaway a pass?

Not a pass. A stress fracture is a legitimate injury. He may have rushed back. The first couple games back he played well but that may have been off the strength of pure adrenaline.

Timmy has shown what he can do so I'm not worried about him. He can get hot from 3 at a moments notice. He is athletic, he is an elite finisher in the open court, he has improved his rebounding and passing. His defense can be men and he is streaky but those are his two warts. I can rock with Tim as a 3rd option or 6th man scorer.

Frank out here looking like a burger. I am running with what was said last night. Frank Williams showed more promise his rookie year than Frank Ntilikina.

Frank Williams. Damn. ( I lol'd though)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#512 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Context wrote:
vallen wrote:
Context wrote:I'm sorry but with all due respect to you and knicksfan1992 none of you know what you're talking about. While you need to

Exactly... Boy do I wish i was the owner of this team.

1. I would instruct the FO to prepare for draft day and extract as much value from the current roster as possible.
2. Upon completion of all such trades I would address the fans via a press conference.
3. In my statement I would discuss how much we value KP and the importance of not rushing his rehab. I would
explain that due to the financial landscape of salaries and the salary cap in context with KP's injury- we will have to
restart our player and financial structure. I would do my best to word it in a way that a 12 year old could understand it.
And finally, I would explain to the fans that I am making this hard decision because I want to bring this organization to winning a championship and maintaining a winning culture- and finally asking for every knick fans support through this process...etc...etc...

Bolded = "So Marc Berman can understand it"
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,658

Post#513 » by Jadoogar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Here we go again, Knick fans getting restless and angry at an 18-year old kid who had a bad game during a tanking system.

Giannis Antetokounmpo rookie season: 6.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg, 0.8 bpg

Frank Ntilikina rookie season: 5.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.3 apg, 0.2 bpg.

Frank's playing time averages 3-4 min LESS per game than the Greek Freak.

Frank is OUR guy. If this was his second and definitely his third season then take your pound of flesh but he's a KID.

Giannis is now in his FIFTH season and 23 yrs old. Frank has FIVE years before he gets to that age.

Come on...stop it.

BTW Mitchell and Smith Jr, two guys playing on awful teams where the coach has given them ALL the playing time and free reign. Let's wait...let's WAIT and see if they can co-exist with another player and go from a fantasy stat tracker to a WINNING team.

I agree with most of what you said but Mitchell is absolutely not on an awful team. Jazz have won 10 straight and are only 1 game out of the playoffs. It's ok to admit Mitchell is playing well, he was drafted 13th, lots of teams missed on him.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#514 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Ntilikina is scaring me. He looks like a complete bust. Someone needs to kick this kid in the face! He plays with no energy and careless!

But he has to develop by playing right! Because that's the only way he's going to be unleashed!

The kid straight up sucks. He was drafted to be old Ron Harper on the Lakers and plays like really old Ron Harper.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#515 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 pm

shtolky wrote:

He can test it in some gym somewhere. I want him out for the year.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#516 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:Ntilikina is scaring me. He looks like a complete bust. Someone needs to kick this kid in the face! He plays with no energy and careless!

Trade for a first before its to late

i don't know if you could get willy for him right now

oooh oooh ooooh I know! I know!
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#517 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm

2010 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
As if what our coach says is law. The coach has made it his business to talk out both sides of his mouth all year. His word is def not bond.

I like Dotson. I like Burke as a 3rd string PG for instant offense and change of pace. I still fux wit Hardaway no matter how unpopular that'll sound...he just in a bad tailspin but he'll be fine. Before his injury the whole forum jumped back on his nuts after his slow start saying how if you removed his 1st four games he was having an all-star consideration season. Then his injury happened. I like Beasley (if he stays cheap) as an instant offense F off the bench and spot starter.

But it don't matter who else I like/dislike. Frank is ass and is hardly showing any flashes that gives me hope he gonna get his schit together anytime this season, or maybe ever.

did the excuses police just give tim hardaway a pass?

Not a pass. A stress fracture is a legitimate injury. He may have rushed back. The first couple games back he played well but that may have been off the strength of pure adrenaline.

Timmy has shown what he can do so I'm not worried about him. He can get hot from 3 at a moments notice. He is athletic, he is an elite finisher in the open court, he has improved his rebounding and passing. His defense can be men and he is streaky but those are his two warts. I can rock with Tim as a 3rd option or 6th man scorer.

Frank out here looking like a burger. I am running with what was said last night. Frank Williams showed more promise his rookie year than Frank Ntilikina.

Are you trying to make us all drink more?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#518 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:I can tell deep down some of y'all want to win.

They all do. This tank excuse is just that. Making themselves feel better.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,365

Post#519 » by Iron Mantis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:

Meh, maybe the late tank adopers.

But the OG's? From early on our prevailing sentiments have not changed. Tank to get better.

After spanking the Clips at msg Nov 20, Knicks were 9-7.... 2 games above .500 building momentum in their young season!! How exciting!!! :clap:

Playoff bound, right? Real ones knew it was fool's gold, with the imminent jan-feb bloodbath looming.

Peep the realest post in that PG win thread :lol:

16 folks And1'd that post; some are still here, others have fallen by the sword.

thebuzzardman wrote:I'll remember crap wins like this when all the good players are gone in the draft
mrcalzone
Veteran
And1: 2,910

Post#520 » by mrcalzone » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Meh, maybe the late tank adopers.

But the OG's? From early on our prevailing sentiments have not changed. Tank to get better.

After spanking the Clips at msg Nov 20, Knicks were 9-7.... 2 games above .500 building momentum in their young season!! How exciting!!! :clap:

Playoff bound, right? Real ones knew it was fool's gold, with the imminent jan-feb bloodbath looming.

Peep the realest post in that PG win thread :lol:

16 folks And1'd that post; some are still here, others have fallen by the sword.

thebuzzardman wrote:I'll remember crap wins like this when all the good players are gone in the draft

I like looking back at old threads too. Was just reading the pre-draft 2009 Curry to NY thread, bNo would have rather had Eric Maynor than Curry :lol:

Return to New York Knicks