ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#201 » by malik959 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:52 am

Look now, you guys need to lay off my boy! In the both November and December he was averaging 44% at about 18ppg. He came back from a fractured leg, but as always when a Knicks player come back from an injury fans expect them to be 100% He's a shooter that's trying to get his legs back, that takes time and Knicks fans are never patient.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#202 » by Phish Tank » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 am

He and KP like to force up shots to get in rhythm. That’s not how he will break out of this slump. He needs to get in the paint more frequently and shoot in rhythm off plays

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Re: RE: Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#203 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:24 am

spree8 wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Exactly

Or JR Smith without the crazy.

Yea that’s more like it.

It’s offensive to see his name in the same sentence as Starks (think this is the 2nd time I’ve seen it here). He wasn’t just a streaky shooter/good defender. Guy was the heart of the team and a tough/scrappy sob who would step to anybody (Jordan/Reggie, etc). Dude was ready for war every night. Tim Hardaway Jr tho? Cmon.

+1000...Starks was awesome. I still remember the Dunk over MJ.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#204 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 am

8516knicks wrote:THJ's 4-16s will lead the tank!

and that was a relatively good shooting perdormance compared to his shooting in recent weeks.

GO TANK
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,293

Post#205 » by Context » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 am

malik959 wrote:Look now, you guys need to lay off my boy! In the both November and December he was averaging 44% at about 18ppg. He came back from a fractured leg, but as always when a Knicks player come back from an injury fans expect them to be 100% He's a shooter that's trying to get his legs back, that takes time and Knicks fans are never patient.

I agree with this BUT I just dont trust hardaway as a reliable #2 in my gut...and because of that I would trade him for a restart player...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#206 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 am

Make sure you've last eaten at least 6 hours before watching this video. It may make you nauseous.

Free Palestine
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#207 » by April madness » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:48 am

Trying to do too much, just as KP did when Hardaway was out. Sometimes I wonder if the coaches tell them to try to do less and make better decisions instead.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#208 » by malik959 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am

Context wrote:
malik959 wrote:Look now, you guys need to lay off my boy! In the both November and December he was averaging 44% at about 18ppg. He came back from a fractured leg, but as always when a Knicks player come back from an injury fans expect them to be 100% He's a shooter that's trying to get his legs back, that takes time and Knicks fans are never patient.

I agree with this BUT I just dont trust hardaway as a reliable #2 in my gut...and because of that I would trade him for a restart player...

I can agree, I would rather have him as a 3, and KP as a 2. Mikal Bridges as our #1 Lets Go!!!!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,523

Post#209 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 am

malik959 wrote:
Context wrote:

I can agree, I would rather have him as a 3, and KP as a 2. Mikal Bridges as our #1 Lets Go!!!!

Bridges isn’t a #1. Probably never will be
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,312

Post#210 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 am

tuna108 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
Or JR Smith without the crazy.

Yea that’s more like it.

It’s offensive to see his name in the same sentence as Starks (think this is the 2nd time I’ve seen it here). He wasn’t just a streaky shooter/good defender. Guy was the heart of the team and a tough/scrappy sob who would step to anybody (Jordan/Reggie, etc). Dude was ready for war every night. Tim Hardaway Jr tho? Cmon.

It's like saying "Jose Calderon is a similar kind of PG to Derek Harper" but only worse
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#211 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

malik959 wrote:
Context wrote:

I love Mikal, but he is not a #1 type of scorer. I schit on THJ, but he is a better scorer than Mikal as well at this moment.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#212 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

tuna108 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:THJ's 4-16s will lead the tank!

and that was a relatively good shooting perdormance compared to his shooting in recent weeks.

GO TANK

people act like he was balling out all season before the injury. He was AWFUL the first few weeks of the season and was only hot for like a couple of weeks. All in all, he's been bad more than he's been good.

I believe he can still resemble a decent nba player, he just has to stop thinking of himself as a 3point shooter. Sure, shoot the 3, but, don't rely on it. When he drives to the rim, good things tend, to happen and he's expanded his all around game.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,271

Post#213 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Even if we paid Timmy market value it still wouldn’t have been a good signing.

Hopefully Perry has better sense then Mills. Its amazing how Mills is still here. He has been here for so many bad signings from Houston to Timmy.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#214 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm

April madness wrote:Trying to do too much, just as KP did when Hardaway was out. Sometimes I wonder if the coaches tell them to try to do less and make better decisions instead.

Yeah I see a guy who is pressing because of the lack of help more than I see a bad player. Timmy is a 3rd option on a good team and right now he has to act as a 1st. For a guy who feels like he can score on everyone that's a bad recipe. Kind of like Melo in his later years here....
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#215 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
tuna108 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Yea that’s more like it.

It's like saying "Jose Calderon is a similar kind of PG to Derek Harper" but only worse

The only thing that Starks and Hardaway really have in common is the streakiness. Starks was the type of player that got the most out of his limited talent and skills. He was an undrafted, undersized, overachiever, with a chip on his shoulder. He had to out-work other players just to make it to the NBA.

THJ is more similar to JR Smith, in that they both have the talent, size, and skill-set to be great shooting guards, but just can't put it together consistently. Both have the ability to be good defenders, but aren't. And both guys force up bad/difficult shots far too often.

Another player that comes to mind is Calbert Cheaney, his first few years with the Bullets. Sometimes he looked like an all-star and others he looked like garbage. The guy would put up 20-25 pts with ease, and then the next night he'd score in single digits.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#216 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
What

Poorly worded, yes.....but the answer is "dumb luck".

Not sure how KP getting injured would have someone ask “was the FO devilishly brilliant”

I’d take the result happening in a heartbeat though since we are where we are

Oh no....I agree, there's no reason why you'd even think the FO planned such. But apparently this guy thinks the Knicks FO is far more capable than they actually have proven to be.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#217 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Phish Tank wrote:He and KP like to force up shots to get in rhythm. That’s not how he will break out of this slump. He needs to get in the paint more frequently and shoot in rhythm off plays

Another guy im not judging until post Hornacek.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#218 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Phish Tank wrote:He and KP like to force up shots to get in rhythm. That’s not how he will break out of this slump. He needs to get in the paint more frequently and shoot in rhythm off plays

He honestly doesn't look like he's changed much since his first go around with the team. The only difference is he's putting up more shot attempts now than he did during his rookie campaign (where he was a chucker in the highest regard.)

I just don't understand how someone as streaky as Hardaway continues to rely on his jumper to get him out of his shooting slumps. He's actually a very good slasher with pretty good ability around the rim. At least attempt to draw some contact and get to the free throw line.

It's basic basketball 101- if your shot isn't falling down, go inside and try to get some easy buckets. It's good to see he has ridiculously high confidence in his shooting ability- not even hesitating on attempted game winners when he shoots bad all game- but he needs to mix up his offense a bit and make things easier for himself.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#219 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:

He honestly doesn't look like he's changed much since his first go around with the team. The only difference is he's putting up more shot attempts now than he did during his rookie campaign (where he was a chucker in the highest regard.)

I just don't understand how someone as streaky as Hardaway continues to rely on his jumper to get him out of his shooting slumps. He's actually a very good slasher with pretty good ability around the rim. At least attempt to draw some contact and get to the free throw line.

It's basic basketball 101- if your shot isn't falling down, go inside and try to get some easy buckets. It's good to see he has ridiculously high confidence in his shooting ability- not even hesitating on attempted game winners when he shoots bad all game- but he needs to mix up his offense a bit and make things easier for himself.

well in the past (1st stint) when his shot wasn't falling he didn't provide anything else of value. His game has expanded, his passing and court vision have improved (though not significantly but, noticeably) and he's hitting the boards too.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,043

Post#220 » by Capn'O » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:59 pm

The thing is, he's in a slump, playing out of his role, and attacking instead of letting the game come to him. It's gonna lead to a lot of losses. I'll allow it. If we don't get the right pieces for him to be in the right role it's all moot anyway.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks